Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 06:54 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Newbie Considering JUDDD

Hi! I'm an HCG'er who's very interested in JUDDD. I feel certain the DD should be simple since I've done HCG. However, prior to HCG I was on a low fat diet. I was used to eating low fat dressings, mayo and looking for lower fat foods/counting calories. Now that I've been LC since last October I'm used to full fat products and eating lots of fat and NOT counting calories, except for HCG very low calorie days.

I guess I'm wondering if I'll need a mix of low fat/regular fat dressings, mayo, etc. Maybe I'm making it seem harder than it is! Maybe on the down days I should keep it simple and do the things I know not using a lot of condiments. I guess I could keep a low fat salad dressing on hand incase I need it.

Natasha

BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: leisha
Stats: 210/195/155
WOE: Weight Watchers 360
Start Date: May 2014 this round!
I'm going to be watching for the answers to your question! I too have done hcg and am looking at JUDDD! I ordered the Alternative Day Diet book but haven't finished it yet. I've confused myself with no fat/full fat ways of eating too!
leisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
With JUDDD, you can eat whatever you want as long as you respect your calorie limits. Some find they do well, even on DDs with full fat products as they keep them satiated longer. Other reserve those items for UDs because they need more "bulk" to feel satisfied (lots of veggies and lower calorie items). Some, like me, need a mixture of bulky veggies and protein.

It really is an excellent way to figure out what YOUR body needs/wants.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Well, I know that you're probably going to get a lot of different answers as there are both low carbers and non-low carbers here.

I use regular dressings, mayo, etc and watch the quantities I use. I personally don't like a lot of the chemical crap in low fat items as I'm quite sensitive to certain additives. But, having said that, I only eat these items on an UD. My DD are very simple, consisting of broth and mainly a source of protein (usually eggs or chicken). If you're eating mayo and dressing on a DD, then yes, you may want to get low fat versions of these items. I'm one that struggles to get even close to my UD calories, so it's full fat all the way! (yes, it's 9:30 pm on an UD and I'm almost 1200 calories shy of my goal. Who ever thought I'd have a problem with not eating enough?!?)
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
sooooooooo weird to me also.
ive spent the last 10 to 15 years swearing that fat wasnt the issue and sugar and carbs were. im not saying that fat is bad now
but juddd has me questioning everything i had thought the last decade
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Thanks for the responses! I may buy a small jar of light mayo and a bottle of low fat salad dressing to keep on hand incase I ever want any on a DD. If I had some tuna on a DD I could put a little mayo in it which is way better than eating it plain!

I plan on starting JUDDD after my vacation in May, til then it's LC finishing off my last HCG round.
BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
You do whatever diet you want, eat whatever food groups you want, avoid whatever food groups you don't want, limit carbs, limit fat, meat, fruit, dairy, nuts, whatever.... that is your diet.

JUDDD is your schedule.
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:59 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Like Jupiter, I just use very small portions of the real thing on DD. If 1 tablespoon = 100 cals, then 1 teaspoon = 33. Chuckle, I don't eat much on DD anyway.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote