Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Newbie Considering JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/767107-newbie-considering-juddd.html)

BaileysGirl 04-09-2012 06:54 PM

Newbie Considering JUDDD

Hi! I'm an HCG'er who's very interested in JUDDD. I feel certain the DD should be simple since I've done HCG. However, prior to HCG I was on a low fat diet. I was used to eating low fat dressings, mayo and looking for lower fat foods/counting calories. Now that I've been LC since last October I'm used to full fat products and eating lots of fat and NOT counting calories, except for HCG very low calorie days.

I guess I'm wondering if I'll need a mix of low fat/regular fat dressings, mayo, etc. Maybe I'm making it seem harder than it is! Maybe on the down days I should keep it simple and do the things I know not using a lot of condiments. I guess I could keep a low fat salad dressing on hand incase I need it.

leisha 04-09-2012 06:57 PM

I'm going to be watching for the answers to your question! I too have done hcg and am looking at JUDDD! I ordered the Alternative Day Diet book but haven't finished it yet. I've confused myself with no fat/full fat ways of eating too!

KeirasMom 04-09-2012 07:33 PM

With JUDDD, you can eat whatever you want as long as you respect your calorie limits. Some find they do well, even on DDs with full fat products as they keep them satiated longer. Other reserve those items for UDs because they need more "bulk" to feel satisfied (lots of veggies and lower calorie items). Some, like me, need a mixture of bulky veggies and protein.

It really is an excellent way to figure out what YOUR body needs/wants.

heyjupiter 04-09-2012 07:37 PM

Well, I know that you're probably going to get a lot of different answers as there are both low carbers and non-low carbers here.

I use regular dressings, mayo, etc and watch the quantities I use. I personally don't like a lot of the chemical crap in low fat items as I'm quite sensitive to certain additives. But, having said that, I only eat these items on an UD. My DD are very simple, consisting of broth and mainly a source of protein (usually eggs or chicken). If you're eating mayo and dressing on a DD, then yes, you may want to get low fat versions of these items. I'm one that struggles to get even close to my UD calories, so it's full fat all the way! (yes, it's 9:30 pm on an UD and I'm almost 1200 calories shy of my goal. Who ever thought I'd have a problem with not eating enough?!?)

OhioGuy 04-09-2012 07:50 PM

sooooooooo weird to me also.
ive spent the last 10 to 15 years swearing that fat wasnt the issue and sugar and carbs were. im not saying that fat is bad now
but juddd has me questioning everything i had thought the last decade

BaileysGirl 04-09-2012 08:14 PM

Thanks for the responses! I may buy a small jar of light mayo and a bottle of low fat salad dressing to keep on hand incase I ever want any on a DD. If I had some tuna on a DD I could put a little mayo in it which is way better than eating it plain!

I plan on starting JUDDD after my vacation in May, til then it's LC finishing off my last HCG round.

Pami 04-09-2012 08:28 PM

You do whatever diet you want, eat whatever food groups you want, avoid whatever food groups you don't want, limit carbs, limit fat, meat, fruit, dairy, nuts, whatever.... that is your diet.

JUDDD is your schedule.

gotsomeold 04-10-2012 05:59 AM

Like Jupiter, I just use very small portions of the real thing on DD. If 1 tablespoon = 100 cals, then 1 teaspoon = 33. Chuckle, I don't eat much on DD anyway.