Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
When does the pounds/inches catch up?

Curious as to when the pounds catch up to the inches lost?

So saturdays are my "offical" measure day. I have lost 10 inches so far, well sure atleast 2-4 more but I only measure and count my left arm and left leg lol!! Anyways I stood on the scale and I am back at 178lbs again today. I thought for sure with a few inches loss like that I would of dropped a few more pounds.

I was able to get to 175 (about 1 and 1/2 weeks ago), then honest to pete the next day I pole vaulted to 182 and have bounced back and forth back down to 177-179. I dont really care what the scale says, I love what the tape measure is whispering to me. But I am curious when my body will realize that I can feel bones in spots I forgot I had bones!!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
id like to know too. how the HECK does one shrink so much and weigh the freakin same lol
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Me three. That happened to me in March. Three weeks of bouncing as seven inches vanished. Then one morning three pounds were gone and I dropped below the bounce.

And immediately started bouncing again. Two weeks now, four more inches gone. At this rate I will fit into my 6 - 8 at my current rate (which is not possible).

In my case I suspect the anti-histamines I am snarfing may be disrupting my system. But maybe it is just the nature of a ketogenic diet. When I started LC last September, I lost seven pounds and twenty inches in two weeks (then stalled for the rest of the year).

If anyone figures this out....share!!!!!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Well, here is a simple answer.

Nancy: When you lost something that looked like the size of a premature infant (3 pounds looks like that) then it showed up on your scale!!

Did any of you see the thread that included videos of what 5 pounds and 1 pound of fat actually look like???

A woman in one of these highly instructional videos was cradling the 5 pound imitation fat like you would cradle a baby in the crook of her arm!! It actually looked like a newborn swaddled in a cream colored blanket (if you used your imagination and mine is vivid!!!)

If I can go back and find that thread, I will give you a link.

Someone on these boards a while back cited research saying that at first, when your body is getting rid of stored fat, the fat is sort of sucked out of the fat cell and goes into the blood stream to be processed and expelled ( I read that a lot of it is actually run through the kidneys and comes out in liquid form).

From what the poster cited, the fat cells temporarily fill up with some water to hold the space ready in case you decide to fill them up again with fat. After a while, when this does not happen, your body will also expel the extra fluid from the fat cells and they will shrink further.

It's all cycling around and as muscles are being preserved those tissues are soaking up water from high volume foods like fruits and vegetables. They hold on to these nutrient rich fluids and also glycogen until they have time to absorb all the nutrients they need, then they, too release the extra water.

So, the fluid is coming and going as your fat cells are shrinking. You measure and find inches are gone. That means many fat cells have gotten rid of the fat they were holding and it's being "processed". They shrink a bit and the now smaller cells fill up with fluid.

Then one day maybe the fat cells let go of that holding-their-shape fluid and shrink down to flat and empty. You measure and have lost more inches. But at the same time, your body tissues, skeletal muscle and organs decide it's time to hold onto some volume rich food fluid and take their time sucking out the nutrition. Muscles are made up of 70% water and, even more when they are doing the work they need to build themselves up.

You notice more inches lost while all this is going on. You got rid of some water but absorbed more for a different but healthy reason.

Then one night you have to visit the bathroom several times and are annoyed and notice you are peeing like niagra falls! Or it happens all day one day and you are because you are driving for 5 hours and have to stop at a restroom every hour!!

When that happens and you are going gangbusters (or should I say "gushers"?) expect a drop on the scale very soon.

I will go look for that thread.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 04-09-2012 at 06:55 PM..
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Found it!!! Check this out. Click on Sophiecats link in the first post.

Then also go back to the thread, toggle down and watch the video!!!

The Fat You're Losing

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 04-09-2012 at 07:03 PM..
Old 04-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Yam Yam!!!!

I will watch it as soon as I get done whooping my hubby's rear in words with friends lol!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Then one night you have to visit the bathroom several times and are annoyed and notice you are peeing like niagra falls! Or it happens all day one day and you are because you are driving for 5 hours and have to stop at a restroom every hour!!

When that happens and you are going gangbusters (or should I say "gushers"?) expect a drop on the scale very soon.

I will go look for that thread.
This was today for me! It was a DD and I always drink extra water on DD's to stay full. I forgot about the gushing thing from when I first started JUDDD! My body seem to have gone out of wack for a bit. Was starving and having trouble getting through DD's. Now today back to was fine got through it ok, and pee'd up a storm!
Old 04-10-2012, 12:32 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Such interesting stuff.

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Bumping because today Nancy got her answer on the scale, right Nancy??? Woooo-Hooooo!!!!! Happy for you!!!