Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
Mrs. Robbie Williams

Gallery: hippiegirl
JUDDDers with a LOT to lose?

This is a really active forum!!! I've scanned the thread titles going 15 pages deep, but that only took me to February of this year. I hope I'm not repeating a question that's been asked often...

Most of the people I see posting have less than 50 to lose. I've seen a few exceptions, but not many. So my question is...has anyone lost a HUGE amount of weight on JUDDD? I have well over 100lbs to lose. I love lc, but it's just not financially feasible for me right now, plus I just have too much going on in my life to want to cook and chop and prepare and whatnot so much, kwim? But my weight is out of control, so I don't want to just sit around doing nothing about it either.

I've eaten a little over 200 calories today so far, and dinner is coming up. I've started the program based on the reading I've done off and on for quite a few months.I'm confident that I understand how it works, but I'm really wondering if this is going to get a significant amount of weight off like I need it to.

Thanks!!

"The only difference between a rut and a grave is depth. Get moving now!" ~ My friend Carl's FB status

This one's for DJ.
hippiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Location: Smack Dab in the center of Arkansas (Go Razorbacks!)
Gallery: arkie1
Stats: 286 highest 257/250.8/??
WOE: Low Carb-IF/cngd d to JUDDD/lc on 2/9/12 (230)
Start Date: Feb 8, 2010 IF ON 8-14-11
Hi! I'm fairly new to JUDDD myself, but just want to say that I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to lose any amount of weight you want to, if you work the program, and let it work for you. Just be true to your numbers, and let the SIRT1 gene do it's thing. You may need to practice patience on this WOE, because the scale does like to bounce! But, if you measure yourself, you are going to see a BIG difference. The inches seem to come off faster than the weight...I think you will be very pleasantly surprised at your results. Good Luck, and just know that any question you ask will almost immediately be answered.

Carole
arkie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:46 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I have a lot of weight to lose, I've lost 25 so far on JUDDD, I know others have lost 40-60 pounds too since late last year, so I think you should have good results! I'd have lost more than 25 pounds if it hadn't been for vacations and other things that messed me up from end of feb to late march!
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
Mrs. Robbie Williams

Thank you for the responses, ladies. That's encouraging that there have been some pretty significant losses. It just seemed like so many success stories were people who only had the last 7lbs to lose or whatever.

This, my first DD, hasn't been too horrible. I tend to not want to eat much in the morning anyway, so I didn't really have anything other than black coffee until the afternoon. I've been eating soups and canned green beans because a) I need to go shopping for things that aren't screaming lc (like the heavy cream, sausage, cream cheese, etc. that I have on hand right now, lol), and b) all the calorie counting is done for me on the label. I'll be looking at some of the recipe threads to come up with some more healthful, whole foods-type meals for my next DD.

And I'm realllly looking forward to tomorrow, lol. I'm hoping it will be a bit easier.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
(((((hippiegirl)))))

LTNS!!

Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Welcome hippiegirl!

I don't have as much to lose as you, but I'm not here for only the last 7 lbs, either. I'm fairly new to JUDDD, as this is day 15 for me. So far, so good! I hope you love this WOE as much as I (and many others here) do!
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:31 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Faithful_1
Stats: 225/207 & shrinking/160?
WOE: JUDDD/Mod Carb
Start Date: Jan. 6, 2006. Re-start Jan. 2012
Hello Hippiegirl Its so nice to have you join us!

I've been on JUDDD for almost a month now and have seen great success
after a slow go with a second time around on LC. I've been losing steadily,
and altho I do have a goal weight listed...I'm not sure what my goal will be.
It will be when Im happy with the way clothes feel, and how I feel about
myself. So Im guessing 30-40 maybe more pounds...I know it can be done,
and you can do it too. This WOE is so easy, and so forgiving if you happen
to go over your numbers, or just have a bad day.
You've taken the first step to this WOE, and you will have success,
and everyone here is so very friendly and helpful!!

Great to have you here!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Welcome! There are some here who have a significant amount to lose, or who have lost a significant amount.

Sounds like you had a good first DD. Feel free to ask anything and share your success and challenges with us.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #9

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Me!

I haven't lost 100 yet, but I will.

17 weeks with JUDDD and 41 pounds so far.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:47 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
i do and i asked the same thing as you did when i first found these folks.
and ive stated many times that there are a lot of former LC'ers that one time lost super fast and thought that would always be an option (me).
and it didnt work. AND there are us LCers that know we could NEVER live the rest of our lives LCing.
so i decided this was the way to go. its not going to be as fast but guess what...
i eat carbs. apples, bananas and pizza lol
we'll see i guess but it looks like this is a really great way to live
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #11
Mrs. Robbie Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
(((((hippiegirl)))))

LTNS!!

Hi! I haven't seen you around the boards in ages!!!

Thank you so much, everyone.

Ohio Guy - that's kind of where I'm coming from. I'm tired of stressing over every little thing, and I also have a problem with all-or-nothing thinking, so it's really easy to get derailed on lc.

I'm excited to see what happens in the next few weeks.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:14 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
HG!! Someone help me out here. I think Leo lost 200 pounds and 100 of it was with JUDD? Hope she will pop in one of these days and clarify.

I agree that this WOE does not give most people the stunningly fast weight loss many see the first time they successfully do LC. I started the Dukan WOE on August 1st and lost the first 14 pounds really fast.

It soon slowed way down though to where I was only losing 1 pound per month and then none.

I'm too old to suffer!!! lol. So when I found JUDD I said "I'm IN!" In March I lost 6 pounds which for me is pretty fast. But I have to tell you that right away I started losing inches and I credit it to the fact that IF is a way to melt fat quickly and preserve muscle.

With many WL plans people lose a lot of muscle. If you keep your lean muscle mass, the pounds you lose in fat might not show up on the scale as quickly. But, they are going, going gone nonetheless.

The important thing is you are really only "dieting" or suffering every other day, so half the time! It's enjoyable. It's sustainable and many of us, including me, have found that the DDs become very pleasant and we look forward to them.

Again welcome! You did great today!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Hi Hippiegirl and to JUDDD! Sounds like you're closing out a successful first DD, so WTG! Enjoy that UD tomorrow. I believe you will do very well with this woe. There's no all or nothing anymore now that you're a JUDDD bud. What you eat is up to you, and you never have to eat it for the last time anymore. We look forward to sharing your progress and please let us know if you need anything.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #14

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
many of us, including me, have found that the DDs become very pleasant and we look forward to them.
I my DDs!!
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: babykinz
WOE: LCishJUDDD
The bouncy weight gets some getting used to but it makes up for the freedom of food choices.
I have no plans to lose 100 pounds as quickly as in a year, my first goal is 30 pounds by July and I am right on track for that. Quick weight-loss goads lead me to disappointment so this time I am going to take is slow and JUDDD , to me, is the right choice to do so.

If...I wanted to speed it up I know I could drop my carbs to induction lvl but that would take the joy out of the journey and possibly lead me to derail.

I have a lot to lose and I like doing it the JUDDD way.
babykinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:34 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cara7166
Stats: 325/217/200 next goal!
WOE: Atkins for first 65 pounds, then HCG
Start Date: Nov 1, 2011
I have over 100 to lose. Welcome to JUDDD!
cara7166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
I need to lose 100+, and by what I've seen from others here, I think staying on this WOE might even bring me lower than my self-imposed goal of 160.

My first goal is just to lose what I can by November-- I'm hoping for 50 or so, so I can be around 200 or even in ONEderland by my 40th birthday, but we'll see.

I'm new to this, just my 9th day in, but so far, I'm feeling fine, and this WOE is really helping with the all-or-nothing mentality!
Soren
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Horsetrainer110
Stats: 189/177/140 then we'll see
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/15/03(then lost 96 lbs) 3/5/12 (now)
I'm just starting this too. I don't have 100 to lose, more like 40 but believe me....when you are close to the end it goes slow...you'll lose 40 a lot faster than I will!
Horsetrainer110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:12 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
YAY, it's Hippiegirl!

I have quite a bit to lose and this is the easiest and best thing I've done for myself in a long, long time. And it can be very easy on the budget, too. I sure hope you give this a good try! I could not be happier with how I feel and the drop in scale (and baggier clothes, too).

Stick around, there are a lot of really great folks here!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #20
Mrs. Robbie Williams

I love how positive this forum is!!
Old 04-09-2012, 11:04 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Raising Hand...I have A LOT to lose, over 100 pounds.

I hope more people who have lost a lot on JUDD will chime in. It's always reaffirming to hear success stories.

I started JUDD on April 1st after three months of low-ish carb, low calorie was getting me very little loss. My first week on JUDD I lost just over 4 pounds, which is more than I lost the entire month of March the other way.

I don't know how long it will take, the best I can do is to keep pushing forward one UD and one DD at a time and hope to see the numbers getting smaller and smaller. Surely the first step is the hardest, and if so I can attest that this way of eating is very doable.

Welcome to the group!
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:42 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Hippiegirl! What a pretty girl you are! You will love it here and the support is unmatched!!! Best of luck to you.

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:18 AM   #23
Mrs. Robbie Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Hippiegirl! What a pretty girl you are! You will love it here and the support is unmatched!!! Best of luck to you.

Phyl
Aww thank you.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:42 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
I had 140+lbs to lose when I started. I've lost around 36lbs (started end fo November last year), my weight loss was faster, but life got in the way a bit last month.

I truly believe that I will lose the weight on JUDDD - why shouldn't I? And I will lose it whilst living life! The life that I spoke of last month - involved staying with people a lot - not being in control over my eating as much as I had wanted (if I'd been with the same family for an entire week - it would have been fine - but I stayed with someone different every day!) You know, I didn't lose weight - but I only gained 2lbs - and it was gone in one DD!!

Yes, JUDDD has been great for those people who only have a few lbs to lose - but I think it will work for all weight loss amounts.

Good luck!
Old 04-10-2012, 05:48 AM   #25

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
I need to lose 100+, and by what I've seen from others here, I think staying on this WOE might even bring me lower than my self-imposed goal of 160.

My first goal is just to lose what I can by November-- I'm hoping for 50 or so, so I can be around 200 or even in ONEderland by my 40th birthday, but we'll see.

I'm new to this, just my 9th day in, but so far, I'm feeling fine, and this WOE is really helping with the all-or-nothing mentality!
Soren
This is me, too. I'm shooting for Onederland by my 40th birthday in September.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:48 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I am aiming for somewhere between 40 and 50 pounds. 26 gone (7 on LC).

As your body adjusts to alternate day eating. So many wonderful things happen (including weight and inches lost). For me, this woe is a wol! I hope it works for you too!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:55 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lisamoran
Stats: 188/176:(/150 first goal
WOE: WW... for now
Start Date: Feb. 06
Hi! I want to lose about 60 or so. Don't look at my stats as they are wayyyyy off.

Good Luck to us all! So far I am loving this WOE and have found it very easy to follow.
lisamoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:56 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
I have 100 pounds to lose. I have already lost 30 pounds. Leo lost at least 90 pounds doing JUDDD - at a very slow rate of about 1 pound a week. For myself, being older and hypothyroid has not stopped me from losing on JUDDD.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:01 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
I have 70 lbs to lose, although I would be happy with even a 30 or 40 lb loss. I went from size 16 to 10 a long time ago on LC, but regained the weight when I was out of work for almost a year. My first goal is to get back in a size 10, and go from there. I would love to get down to a size 6 - haven't seen that in 30 years! Even I don't make my dream goal weight, I figure my body still gets to experience the health benefits of JUDDD.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:21 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tamilda
Stats: 270/215/145
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: 8/09/11 Atkins @ 270
You are in good company here I have over 100 lbs to lose as well and I am doing Juddd with a lc influence. I chose to keep the lc up as it makes me feel well and I have alot of heart disease and DM in my family as well as having pcos. I was losing slowly on Atkins and I was strict, less than 20 gr day and only whole foods,exercising, very frustrating. 14 lbs since 3/8! I am happy.
Good luck to you!
Tamilda is offline   Reply With Quote