Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Progress Pole: JUDD LC or JUDD Normal (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/767073-progress-pole-judd-lc-judd-normal.html)

wormie1978 04-09-2012 11:14 AM

Progress Pole: JUDD LC or JUDD Normal

I want to see the difference in peoples progress.
Just curious if its faster LC version or not.

So, how about what style, how long, and what you've lost.

I plan to do a LC version, but if I want something on an UD, I am going to have it. I am not going to be strict LC.

Just wondering...

KeirasMom 04-09-2012 11:17 AM

17 weeks = 41 lbs. I do NOT watch carbs.

Luna Loca 04-09-2012 11:18 AM

10 weeks -19 pounds. I eat carby as all get-out.

adillenal 04-09-2012 11:28 AM

13 weeks = 18 pounds and I eat anything and I mean anything on UD's. Need I say GooGooClusters.
Anyway my losses are relatively slow but consistent and I am not in a hurry since it took me three years to gain the extra 35 pounds I am losing. I am halfway to my goal so I am good with that.

AsmallerME 04-09-2012 11:35 AM

6 weeks on Juddd LC (very strict LC with only 2 cheats in those weeks) = 20 pounds

gotsomeold 04-09-2012 11:40 AM

14 weeks = 19 pounds, I started LC and gradually introduced/upped carbs. My weight loss actually speeded up when I added carbs. I should add I have been losing very, very slowly for the last five weeks (inches are going though). In my case, I don't think carbs help or hinder the magic of sirtuin enzymes and alternate day eating.

Jbinme 04-09-2012 11:43 AM

11 weeks on JUDDD. 15 lbs lost. I eat tons of carbs!
I just want to mention that I lost the 15 lbs in 42 days. Since then I've maintained with FDs on UDs.

mattsmama 04-09-2012 11:54 AM

19 weeks = 26 pounds lost. I DO NOT low carb. I am very active, and complex carbs are vital for me-about 50% of my daily calories are carbs.(35% body fat on Atkins, currently 23% body fat on JUDDD, though I have seen 21.5%)

mykidsteacher 04-09-2012 12:04 PM

7 pounds in 12 weeks on JUDDD. BUT--I was in wlm the first 4 weeks and lost 3 pounds, then in maintenance for 6-7 weeks, then in wlm for the past 2 weeks and I've lost 4 pounds. (I also started JUDDD 2 pounds from goal, and revised that goal 5 pounds down 2 weeks ago).

I started out paleo and played with carbs a bit. Found blood sugar spikes with sugar/grains, so back to paleo that I stuck with while maintaining. My carbs have increased though, from 60-70 g (gross) to 100-120g on UD's now. These come from veggies, nuts, nut butter, and the occasional potato. I bake with coconut and almond flour, which are high in carbs, but also fiber--I just don't net them.

Curvesgal 04-09-2012 12:05 PM

4 weeks on JUDDD - 12 pounds. Eat whatever I want (staying within my numbers) - pizza, spagatti and meatballs, cookies. I no longer fear carbs :)

changemylife! 04-09-2012 12:09 PM

I'm watching this closely because now I'm starting to rethink staying super-LC. When I went to whole grains (i.e.: steel oats) & mini-meals a couple months ago (nutritionist advice), I gained weight IMMEDIATELY. I felt miserable with the wt gain, however my workouts (esp cardio) improved. But I still gained eating that way 7 days per week, so it was def not the plan for me!
Now I'm wondering if I should try adding the complex carbs into my UD. Feeling pretty nervous about it, so I'll keep watching this thread!
Today's my first DD & I'm feeling great! Will probably skip 1 of the EAS shakes. I planned on having 3 today, but feel fine :clap:
THANKS for everyone posting - I appreciate it!!!

gotsomeold 04-09-2012 12:21 PM

Hey Change,

Because refined carbs & sweets had a very strong effect on me, I kept LC for the first two weeks of JUDDD. Then very carefully added small servings one food at a time. If I felt I was having a carb reaction, I put that food aside for another two weeks (to give the sirtuin enzymes plenty of time to do their thing). If I did not feel a reaction, I included that food in my life (rice and potato returned to me first, bread and sweets last). After five weeks I found I could eat carbs with no cravings, no blood sugar spikes/drops, and no impact on weight loss.

Other former LCers have dived right in with great success. Whether, if, and when you add carbs is entirely up to you.

sterlinggirl 04-09-2012 01:29 PM

5.5 weeks JUDDD LC for me.. loss is 14.6 pounds:heart:

wormie1978 04-09-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adillenal (Post 15567199)
13 weeks = 18 pounds and I eat anything and I mean anything on UD's. Need I say GooGooClusters.
Anyway my losses are relatively slow but consistent and I am not in a hurry since it took me three years to gain the extra 35 pounds I am losing. I am halfway to my goal so I am good with that.

I would not consider that slow considering I did Atkins since January and lost 15 weeks=8 pounds. Now, THAT is pathetic.

babykinz 04-09-2012 01:31 PM

I started off thinking I would stay LC but was having a hard time gagging down the meat and fats on UD to get my calories higher. I too slowly added back carbs, GOOD CARBS. Weight is slowly coming off, and its sooo less painful.

adillenal 04-09-2012 02:02 PM

Well, I have decided that GooGooCLusters ARE good carbs. (for me anyway)
BUT I also added oat groats, sweet potatoes, black eyed peas, raw almonds, brown rice and so on. The true GOOD carbs.

BaileysGirl 04-09-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15567341)
Hey Change,

Because refined carbs & sweets had a very strong effect on me, I kept LC for the first two weeks of JUDDD. Then very carefully added small servings one food at a time. If I felt I was having a carb reaction, I put that food aside for another two weeks (to give the sirtuin enzymes plenty of time to do their thing). If I did not feel a reaction, I included that food in my life (rice and potato returned to me first, bread and sweets last). After five weeks I found I could eat carbs with no cravings, no blood sugar spikes/drops, and no impact on weight loss.

Other former LCers have dived right in with great success. Whether, if, and when you add carbs is entirely up to you.

:goodpost: I think I'll follow this method when I start JUDDD in May! :D

brehede 04-09-2012 02:28 PM

I have lost about 8 pounds in I think 4 weeks with some cheats on the way. I am LC because I feel good on LC and it reduces craving for me. I am open minded for the future though.....

kimberino 04-09-2012 02:45 PM

I am going into my 3rd week today and I began JUDDD by throwing lc out the window - strange after eating that way for 3 years! I have lost a net total of 4 lbs (the scale went bouncy bouncy)

I will admit that my stomach groaned and I got major carb bloat for the first 3 days and then I followed the advice of some expert posters here who said to add back in gradually - which I started to do (well, except for the Big Mac and fries lol, couldn't resist).

Today, my carbs come mostly from the carbier veggies (baby carrots taste as sweet as M&Ms to me after going without for so long), legumes and whole grains. Not having any problems.

Good luck in finding what works best for you. I've read so much on this board lately that one thing I can tell you is JUDDD works for all types of plans, lc or not.

JanetTN 04-09-2012 03:04 PM

i've lost 22 lbs. in 10 weeks eating whatever I want. LC leaves me feeling deprived but I know a lot of people love it. For me deprivation = failure. I can't imagine my life without ALL the good food that is available to us.

Beeb 04-09-2012 03:10 PM

8 months, 31 pounds at goal. Just eat whatever I want!! Stay pretty LC (75/80g on DDs) and have gone as high as 240g on UDs.

Most of these are fruit/veggie/whole, unprocessed grain but I do like a treat or 2 that is not one of these! ;)

Carly 04-09-2012 03:14 PM

13 days 10lbs. Very LC, but I plan to re-introduce carbs in mid-May. My concern is the cravings...:dunno:

Lauren A 04-09-2012 04:20 PM

Did low carb for years and had been stalled for weeks. Switched to JUDDD on Feb 28th -it will be 6 weeks tomorrow and I've lost 10 pounds! I have another 5-10 to lose and I find it to be relatively simple. Thanks for all the good information!

ellgee 04-09-2012 05:05 PM

I've lost 13 pounds in 3 weeks and I eat every single carb I can get my hands on within my calorie count. Now my carb numbers are naturally low on DD due to the calorie restriction. But the minute I tell myself I can't have something - I'm doomed. If it is a DD all I say is, yes, Laura, you may have it tomorrow. And I smile. Really big. :)

juliekaiser 04-09-2012 05:18 PM

I've been low carbing since May of 2011, but switched to JUDDD because my weight loss had slowed to a crawl. Nine weeks of JUDDDing, strict low carb and 25.5 lbs gone.

gotsomeold 04-09-2012 05:41 PM

Julie, that is awesome!

gotsomeold 04-09-2012 05:51 PM

Actually, from my research, I suspect LC and JUDDD may be mutually re-enforcing. Meaning our pure LCers may be losing at a faster rate than than eaters of carbs.

However, over time JUDDD does stabilize damaged carb mechanisms and regulate blood sugar. Meaning, if I can lose inches and weight and get health benefits while eating rice and potatoes and :yummy: dark chocolate, I chose to do so...even if the loss is slow. I do understand the joys of LC eating (love to cook with cheese and need a bit of hwc in my coffee!)

Hmmm, come to think of it, I used to do a 500 calorie fat fast on DD. May try that again.

juliekaiser 04-09-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotsomeold (Post 15568100)
Julie, that is awesome!

Thanks, Nancy! I feel like I am finally back on track again.

heyjupiter 04-09-2012 06:27 PM

2 weeks, 7 lbs, NOT low carb.

PixieKGirl 04-09-2012 06:57 PM

2 weeks............8 lbs and I have eaten just about every carb known to mankind!! I think everyone has to find what works for them. I love carbs and I love JUDD.

Pixie

PS With strict induction, I coud drop about the same but I could never stay low carb for more than 3 weeks at a time.