Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 05:33 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Horsetrainer110
Stats: 189/177/140 then we'll see
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 1/15/03(then lost 96 lbs) 3/5/12 (now)
I think I might switch to Juddd tomorrow

I know I want to stay off of sugar forever....but I would like to add some of the more "healthy" carbs back....so thinking this plan might work for me. I LOVE milk....used to drink a glass every night with dinner. I would like to go back to that every other day instead of never. That is one food I miss the most! I do not have the book, but I have been reading your threads trying to figure out this WOE.

Do most of you low carb while doing this, or do you eat whatever you want on UP's, keeping it to the calorie needs?

I'm switching over from Atkins.....

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2012, 06:06 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!

You'll find there are several different plans here. I don't follow low carb anymore, just stick to my calories and it's working great. Others follow Atkins, other low carb plans, paleo, primal, vegetarian, vegan, on and on. The beauty of this WOE is that it works with whatever foods you choose to incorporate, as long as you keep to your UD/DD rotations and numbers.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:21 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)

As Dawn says, no foods are denied in JUDDD. YOU get to experiment and figure out what foods work best for YOU. Then over time as JUDDD takes hold, many of us find we can eat foods that were binge triggers or caused weight gain in the past.

Just figure your milk into your daily calories and chug away.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:40 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
to JUDDD!

I came to JUDDD from LC but did not remain LC for long. As it's been said, you can eat any way you choose on JUDDD, it's just a calorie-cycling framework for the foods you eat.

Enjoy your milk and whatever you want.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:40 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm going to try to keep it less carby.....stay away from flour, sugar, pasta...empty carbs. Overdose on veggies and have a little bit of whole wheat bread when I just want bread.

I've decided for the first 2 weeks, in order to keep it simple and not make mistakes adding up calories, I'm going to do Jay Robb shakes for breakfast and lunch and have egg drop soup (chicken broth with one egg) for dinners. After that I'll start trying to vary it up and have something a little more substantial.
Horsetrainer110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:41 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Meant to ask.....do you take vitamins everyday? I take quite a few while doing Atkins....
Old 04-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post

You'll find there are several different plans here. I don't follow low carb anymore, just stick to my calories and it's working great. Others follow Atkins, other low carb plans, paleo, primal, vegetarian, vegan, on and on. The beauty of this WOE is that it works with whatever foods you choose to incorporate, as long as you keep to your UD/DD rotations and numbers.
Yep!

I gravitate toward low-er carb choices but don't necessarily limit myself to them. I like being able to have rice with my pork chop or beef short ribs and tater tots with a cheeseburger, but they're 'sides'. Overall, I'd say I usually eat on the low end of 'moderate' carbs (but do allow myself a few little sugary treats now and then on UDs). If I eat something real carby (unrefined carbs especially), it's almost never the first meal of the day because I will be in a coma the rest of the day (have always been like that). Carbs for me are usually treats or 'sides' or an essential component of a dish (like pizza crust or pasta).

The absolute most fabulous thing about this way of living is that you are allowed to eat anything your lil' ol' heart desires as long as you respect the calorie limits.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:16 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
I'm a vitamin taker, but I've been one for 30+ years. A good B-complex vitamin makes a big difference in how I feel.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I am doing this low carb with one 'sweet treat' day on the weekend. For instance, If I have a hankering for sweets, I will have cookies or cake one day a week. It is funny because I have found out that I usually forget to try it out. I have been wanting to try out oatmeal and cheesecake, but I completely forget about it come 'treat' day.

I have yet to add additional complex carbs on my reg UD, but have been wanting to add blackeye peas, sweet potato and potatoes soon. The beauty of JUDDD is just knowing it is not a problem!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsetrainer110 View Post
I know I want to stay off of sugar forever....but I would like to add some of the more "healthy" carbs back....so thinking this plan might work for me. I LOVE milk....used to drink a glass every night with dinner. I would like to go back to that every other day instead of never. That is one food I miss the most! I do not have the book, but I have been reading your threads trying to figure out this WOE.

Do most of you low carb while doing this, or do you eat whatever you want on UP's, keeping it to the calorie needs?

I'm switching over from Atkins.....
JUDDD doesnt restrict any foods. but in my opinion a lot of people keep their cravings alive by overeating the wrong kind of things. i do paleo eating but not everyone does. after a month or so on JUDDD i did try a small serving of beans/rice one UD and some easter candy on a couple of others. carefully worked out 200 cals each. and neither of those things caused a reawakening of cravings. however i think if i had done them before going paleo for a long time it would not have worked so well.
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #11
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I'm enjoying the freedom to eat whatever I like, which includes a lot of carbs. I've been on diets for soooo many looooong years, eating what other people thought I should eat. I'm done with that now. I eat what makes me happy. Sometimes that includes sugar or junk, often includes bread and oatmeal, but also includes salmon, fruit and vegetables.

Pretty much I eat what I want. As long as I keep quantities reasonable, and keep it to every other day, it works. I'm
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
I'm enjoying the freedom to eat whatever I like, which includes a lot of carbs. I've been on diets for soooo many looooong years, eating what other people thought I should eat. I'm done with that now. I eat what makes me happy. Sometimes that includes sugar or junk, often includes bread and oatmeal, but also includes salmon, fruit and vegetables.

Pretty much I eat what I want. As long as I keep quantities reasonable, and keep it to every other day, it works. I'm
Ditto except for the salmon
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
It truly is the beauty of JUDDD to not limit any food groups.. for me though... i have remained vigilant in not eating sugar,rice, pasta, or potatoes.. and the cool thing is... i dont really miss them! One of my fave dishes used to have noodles and veggy in it with the italian dressing over it.. and NOW we eat it with out the noodles and i love love it! Cant figure out why we had to have tri colored noodles in it in the first place lol.. Well i guess what i am trying to share with you is this.. some folks eat everything and some folks feel that its better for there own health to not add back trigger foods ever.. like me I love all the things we eat and yet i am mindfull that no matter how you sugar coat it,, i am on a program that requires me to remian vigilant in at least monitoring how many calories i eat on which day.. and i am in love with a plan that i never dreamed i could ever be happy on or sucessfull!!! JUDDD is my life now! I am soo happy i could
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 04-09-2012 at 01:12 PM..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: laceylady
Stats: 16w(190)/size 14(175)/size 12
Start Date: Jan 2012/restart May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post

Same with me -- and we had salmon last night! Crab salad the night before... it makes me happy!! It's nice when we don't have to explain to others why we're eating "against their advice", i.e., Atkins. I was doing kind of OK on LC but was told I needed to eat vegetables, fruit, and more reasonable meals, write everything down, eat more, eat less, etc., etc!! Now that I have my little sandwich, yogurt and 100 calorie pack for lunch, no one questions it. Or when the cookies are passed around on a DD, I still take one for the next day. No questions, no suggestions. And no one has noticed the 25 pounds/baggy pants. Oh, well. I'm not doing it for them, anyway. I just wish I'd figured this out years ago!!
laceylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Renee, and to the most delightful WOE there could possibly be. I think you will love it here. I wish I had known about it sooner...but, that's history! I am in maintainence now (as of 2 days ago) after losing close to 30 lbs. I did Atkins long ago, lost about 20 lbs., stalled there, got discouraged, gained most of the 20 back, found JUDDD and made it to goal. The way this plan works, keeping the metabolism burning, I haven't, nor have I heard of others, ever mention any plateaus. Dealing with the scale bounces is the only drawback, but I believed what my BUDDS told me and they were right, there was always the downward movement over time, so I was and am a very happy gal!!! Can you tell??? There is much great reading within this forum that is so encouraging. The wonderful JUDDD BUDDs have never failed me yet. They won't you either! Hope you decide to stay! Oh, and MANY others are MUCH more knowledgeable than I am. I am just overflowing with HAPPY right now and wanted to share. AND....it's like really only "dieting" half the time!!!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: BaileysGirl
Stats: 222/190.5/175
WOE: Juddd
Start Date: Jan 12 2013
Speaking of MILK, I was used to drinking skim milk for the past 3 years and during my low fat dieting. Since switching to LC/HCG last October, something that's now missing has taken a toll on my fingernails. They seem very brittle, are peeling and it's driving me crazy! I don't know that the milk helped but I sure miss MILK! I've been eating sf jello lately but it's not helping yet. I got some NailTec stuff to put on my nails but it dries out the skin around it horribly...Anyone have any suggestions?

Natasha

BaileysGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Welcome!

As stated before, the beauty of JUDDD is that YOU choose what you want to eat. It's not dictated by a plan laid out by someone else. I've done LC in the past, and I'm learning that LC DD make me feel the best (ie with the majority of DD calories from protein & fat), but I don't restrict carbs on UD, therefore it's not really LC per se, I suppose more along the lines of carb cycling? It all gets a little hazy when you start to combine multiple plans, lol.

Good luck, and don't worry about a little carb bounce when you start adding in more carbs!
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:38 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Welcome! Enjoy your milk! Can't wait to celebrate your losses with you.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:28 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

What great replies and advice! Sounds like this has been so successful for everyone. I am starting tomorrow (Tuesday), and I'm excited! Now that spring is here and the barn is full of horses, it won't be hard to do the DD...I usually do most of my eating at night because I'm so busy during the day, so I'm hoping I won't miss eating! I feel like I cheated today, because I cut out early to go see Titanic, and ate mexican food (chips, salsa, an enchilada and a tostada and of course popcorn at the movie. Carby as all get out. I'll be extra good tomorrow!
Old 04-10-2012, 01:46 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/192.1/160
WOE: Keto
Start Date: 2 January 2014
Hi Renee!

I was all set to start doing LC JUDDD. But having a bit of chocolate and a beer on an UD is just soooo nice! I cannot eat any wheat or wheat derived products, so I stay fairly LC, but I guess I don't deny myself potatoes or rice should I want some on an UD. I keep sugar low, because I feel better not eating a lot of it.

For the rest, knowing that I can have everything I want is usually enough. I don't really have cravings for anything, so my choices are pretty LC and sensible, even though I don't have to!

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

my blog:
http://crazybeautyhealth.blogspot.de/
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote