Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Dear JUDDD...

Dear JUDDD,

You're supposed to make my clothes baggy, not my skin!!

Don't get me wrong, you are quite skilled at helping me shed these extra pounds. But maybe you work TOO well! I feel like a deflated balloon...

But beggars can't be choosers, and if a little bit of extra skin is the price I have to pay for losing weight, so be it!

Sincerely,
Jupiter
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2012, 01:17 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
LOL!!!!!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:27 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaSimpson
Stats: 174 goal 140 5'10
WOE: juicing and juddd
Start Date: 01/24/2013
Skin brushing helps with tightening the skin. Get a big natural brush, sprinkle some salt on it ,wet your skin and brush away, always towards your heart. Start on legs and make your way up. Google skin brushing and you will more info. Use msm powder or gel afterwards, use the gel like a body lotion, if it is to try put some moisturizer over it. If you use powder, disolve it in some warm waterand splash over your skin, let air dry.
RebeccaSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:06 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: annieS
WOE: vegetarian/JUDDD
Start Date: january to march 2011 / 2nd start 16 feb 2012
annieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:22 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I do dry skin brushing but still have what Jupiter is talking about. I noticed it last week and have never experienced it before. It really looks like a deflated balloon when the balloon has been blown up for a long time and weakened.
I use the ttapp method of dry skin brushing and have for many years and have worn out many brushes. Wonder what I would look like if I did not dry skin brush? Now that is a scary thought.
But I am hoping it will fade away as my skin realizes it needs to shrink. My stats are very similar to Jupiter's except I probably have many years on her.
Here's to deflated skin.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
I have some deflated balloon skin too. Mostly my lower tummy and inner thighs which fortunately are easy to hide. LOL I stopped brushing some time last year though. I should start again.
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
I have dry brushed for years and done MSM in lotion and supplements and I have the most deflated and saggy skin there is. I was just looking at pictures of brachioplasties yesterday, but the recovery and severe scars scares me off. I was hoping that JUDDD magic would include skin tightening. Looking at my skin makes me very sad. I can't go sleeveless, wear shorts, or expose any skin without feeling like a freak. If anyone out there finds a magic bullet for this, PLEASE let me know.

When I was young, the skin eventually tightened up, but now that I am older, it just likes to hang and flap in the wind. There are laser procedures that help tighten skin, but only a fraction or so.

The deflated balloon image is a perfect description!
Old 04-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebeccaSimpson View Post
Skin brushing helps with tightening the skin. Get a big natural brush, sprinkle some salt on it ,wet your skin and brush away, always towards your heart. Start on legs and make your way up. Google skin brushing and you will more info. Use msm powder or gel afterwards, use the gel like a body lotion, if it is to try put some moisturizer over it. If you use powder, disolve it in some warm waterand splash over your skin, let air dry.

Thanks for the info! I googled how to tighten skin and brushing was one of the recommended ways. I need to find a good skin brush. I hope it helps!

Do you use sea salt? What is msm powder or gel?
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
I have dry brushed for years and done MSM in lotion and supplements and I have the most deflated and saggy skin there is. I was just looking at pictures of brachioplasties yesterday, but the recovery and severe scars scares me off. I was hoping that JUDDD magic would include skin tightening. Looking at my skin makes me very sad. I can't go sleeveless, wear shorts, or expose any skin without feeling like a freak. If anyone out there finds a magic bullet for this, PLEASE let me know.

When I was young, the skin eventually tightened up, but now that I am older, it just likes to hang and flap in the wind. There are laser procedures that help tighten skin, but only a fraction or so.

The deflated balloon image is a perfect description!
Beverly, I'm in the same boat. I've never felt comfortable exposing my legs. I'm very fair-skinned and, along with the broken blood vessels and flab, they've never been attractive. No shorts for me! My arms and neck are the worst now, though. I am a bit self-conscious in short sleeves, and never wear sleeveless tops in public. Oh, well. I like being skinny and it's a fair trade-off at my age, I guess. We're beautiful anyway.
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:19 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
Beverly, I'm in the same boat. I've never felt comfortable exposing my legs. I'm very fair-skinned and, along with the broken blood vessels and flab, they've never been attractive. No shorts for me! My arms and neck are the worst now, though. I am a bit self-conscious in short sleeves, and never wear sleeveless tops in public. Oh, well. I like being skinny and it's a fair trade-off at my age, I guess. We're beautiful anyway.
Thanks for sharing that Laurie. Sometimes I feel all alone in this. I live in a state that gets very warm. Covering up like I have to makes people look at me oddly. I can't afford surgery and I don't know how I would take care of myself afterward since I live alone. I wish there was a magic laser that would tighten up all the skin for us!!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RebeccaSimpson
Stats: 174 goal 140 5'10
WOE: juicing and juddd
Start Date: 01/24/2013
@ heyjupiter: yes, use seasalt. Msm is sulfur (i believe that it is the english word for it....) It's recomended for all things relying to the skin. Google it and you will find infos on it. Sorry, my english gets bad when I'm tired, it's almost midnight here, time for my beautysleep
You are young, your skin will tighten up. Brush every day, it will work, but it takes time just like losing the weight, sadly none of these things happen over night.
RebeccaSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:17 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: leonak
Stats: 122/114/110-114
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Start 2-1-14
The place I need help with skin is my face!!!

Any and all suggestions appreciated!

Age, age age!!!
leonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #13
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
A caution about MSM as a supplement. I read how great it is for skin, so I was taking the bottle recommended amount and after about a week I noticed I was having on-and-off heart palpatations. I didn't make the connection until a few days later when I was reading about side effects of MSM and came across an article on that particular one. I stopped and the palps haven't returned.
I don't know if topical application may have the same effect, but be aware of it and stop using if you notice it
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bevonjuddd
Stats: 18(UK)-198/12/14-158/12-140 - 5'7" - Age 51
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 02.01.12
This is something I worry about a bit. I'm doing No Lipo Lipo - Carole Maggio. I also do facial exercises. I guess I can't expect miracles at 51, but I'm going to do what I can as I'm losing.
bevonjuddd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:26 PM   #15
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post

Age, age age!!!
The Garnier line of Ultra Lift Firming Creams are awesome
I even got my mother to try the one for the throat and she's amazed at how much tighter and firmer her skin is.
Now if they just made a whole-body-dip of the stuff
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:53 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonak View Post

Age, age age!!!
I like the DMAE serum from Makeup Artists Choice. It seems to make my skin look and feel firmer and also contains MSM. I use it under sunscreen during the day. At night after washing my face, I use vitamin C serum, the DMAE serum, and then moisturizer. I know that sounds like a lot of stuff but it doesn't feel heavy or gunky. I apply whatever products I'm using on my face to my neck and upper chest too.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote