Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
~~* JUDDD MAGIC *~~ a survey....

I believe JUDDD's benefits are cumulative. They build up over time, they get stronger. That's one reason we tell new JUDDD Buds to give it AT LEAST 2 - 3 weeks when they start.

I know everyone is different and things don't happen like clockwork - not everyone will experience things at the exact same time, but I've been paying attention to posts around the forum for a while that lead me to wonder if there might be something EXTRA that kicks in when we've been JUDDDg approx. 8 - 10 weeks.

Maybe it's the build-up of sirtuins and other good stuff that's finally getting to the levels they need to be to give a boost to weight loss or other good things. I know we focus on those first few weeks of JUDDD in anticipation of weight loss, and wonderfully so! But let's not forget it goes on and on, and a great number of JUDDD buds have been at it long enough to put up data. I thought we could use a thread like this to keep track.

If you've kept records over time (and I encourage everyone to keep records of all kinds) , feel free to mention any amounts of time, not just the 8 to 10 weeks, though I am especially interested in that time-frame just out of my own curiosity.

I think this kind of info would be encouraging to those getting started, and to the rest of us as well. And just interesting.

To give you an idea of the kinds of good things I'm talking about, I've noticed posts around the forum mentioning at 2 months or so, that weight loss finally kicked in if it hadn't been going very well previously, better moods, lowered blood pressure, lowered inflammation, etc.

From my own experience....

BY 4 WEEKS ON JUDDD
-had lost 8#.

-no longer needed to take allergy meds on my DDs.

-My skin had begun to clear up, though I'm not sure if that was because I was consuming less dairy than I had on LC.

BY WEEKS 4 - 6 ON JUDDD
-Really noticed the "DD Glow", the pleasant, clear feeling.

BY 8 WEEKS ON JUDDD:
-acne gone pretty much ALL the time (again, not sure if this was due to less dairy)

-Regularly basking in the DD Glow. Here's something I copied and pasted from an update I did on the forum back then: That brings me to the DD part of my days, the fasting or near-fasting period. I like how I feel then. After a minimum 12 hours, but especially by 15 - 18 hours I am full-on into the delight of it. I know that means my body is under survival stress - GOOD stress, and has kicked into gear - working to repair cells and increase health and hopefully extend life. I have mentioned before how good I feel during this time. My sinuses clear up. My head feels clearer, I get a good body feeling, a sense of calm, pleasant and alert. Skin looks glowy.

-Better Moods/less anxiety. From the report: I find that I am much calmer and things bother me less. This is ALL the time, not just on DD. I have a lot more patience and little things that used to get on my nerves do not anymore. It's like I had an attitude adjustment that was a long time in the coming. I felt it especially last Friday, as if it all sunk in. There was no particular event that changed me, just my thought patterns were changing and I felt something different deep to my core. I assume this has something to do with the way (calorie restriction/IF) can affect one's brain chemistry for the better. I just know as happy as I was before with life, now I'm happier all the way through, much less anxiety, more love and hope and affection, and I don't ever want to go back to the way I was before!!

-Starting to not need allergy meds on UDs either.

BY 8 - 10 WEEKS ON JUDDD:
-My weight started to go down even more, without me trying to make it happen (I was already approx. 6 weeks into maintenance by this time). In fact, this was around Christmas-time eating, so that makes it all the more mind-boggling. AND my weight continued to drop a little each month for a couple months further in maintenance even though my calories were higher than in WLM.

-No more allergy meds.

-blood pressure, while always in the good range, had lowered to an even better level.

BY 16 WEEKS ON JUDDD:
-started becoming aware of JUDDD's fat-burning, muscle-sparing effect on me. For example, I could feel the hard muscle below my skin when I pressed on my leg, even though I had not been exercising. I could see some muscle definition that I felt just shouldn't have been there for someone of my sedentary status. Don't get me wrong - it wasn't like I'd become ripped overnight from doing nothing, lol, nothing like that at all, but I'm just saying it was enough that I noticed a difference in how I looked and felt. Through this, I got motivated to do a tiny bit of exercise, though all I do is 2 min. of gentle bouncing on rebounder 2 - 3 x per day.

Also adding that in maintenance, I've really been mixing things up with my variation of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my own variation on "Fast 5" and other IF along with regular returns to JUDDD.
__________________
Started JUDDD 10/12/11 after LC.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 04-06-2012 at 06:06 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,997
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Good stuff!

I feel that I am just now reaping the best part of the JUDDD Magic and I am on Week 9. I have had to throw a MD in every week for the last 3 weeks and yet I am having losses when I get on the scale that I really didn't expect!

I have done at least 1 maybe 2 MD starting at Week 6 to Week 9. When I say MD, I am talking 1000 calories. Does this sound plausible???
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,997
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Oh, and I have definitely received the calming that you are talking about.

This week, I have not been very happy with my realtor and some of my offers that I received on one of my homes. In the past, I would stew all day and then let it ruin my weekend. I decided, I am going to just lay back and wait and quit being "worked up". When I decided to go ahead and begin JUDDDing, the first thing I took into consideration is, "can I work JUDDD into my sometimes hectic and crazy lifestyle?" The more I read, the more I decided that if I can handle the stress of dealing with 160 college boys, then I can certainly handle this new WOE! It is turning out to be much better than I would have ever dreamt!
__________________
""Nutrient hunger can cause weight loss to plateau and reverse, even if the diet does not change."--Paul Jaminet
I guess I am a little weird, I like to talk to animals.
.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:19 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 13,259
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I'm not qualified to respond as I went Hypothyroid not too long after I started JUDDD. I was experiencing the increased energy and feeling good and that only lasted a week or two, then I crashed and have been miserable since. I'm hoping when my thyroid gets normalized, I can get some of that back.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member
 
JanetTN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: middle TN
Posts: 139
Gallery: JanetTN
Stats: too much/getting there/just right!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2012
I'm in week 10

I have noticed in the past 2 weeks I haven't really been that hungry on DD. I fast until dinner and today my stomach didn't even growl.

I have gotten much stronger in my ability to not eat on my DD. When i first started I tried not to be around food on DD much because I knew i lacked self control. Just this week my coworkers wanted me to go to our favorite mexican restaurant. It was my DD but i went anyway and didn't eat. I wasn't uncomfortable or even tempted. I knew I could have it tomorrow if I really wanted it. I think the peaceful, comfortable feeling that you get on DD has strengthened as I have progressed with this WOE.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JanetTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member
 
OhioGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NW OH
Posts: 451
Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
this overly chatty newb is mostly just subbing to the thread but i dooo get slightly giddy high on my dd for some reason. lol
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:48 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member
 
Texas Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 214
Gallery: Texas Girl
Stats: 174/153/151 - 5'7"
WOE: Low carb eating
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Oh, and I have definitely received the calming that you are talking about.

This week, I have not been very happy with my realtor and some of my offers that I received on one of my homes. In the past, I would stew all day and then let it ruin my weekend. I decided, I am going to just lay back and wait and quit being "worked up". When I decided to go ahead and begin JUDDDing, the first thing I took into consideration is, "can I work JUDDD into my sometimes hectic and crazy lifestyle?" The more I read, the more I decided that if I can handle the stress of dealing with 160 college boys, then I can certainly handle this new WOE! It is turning out to be much better than I would have ever dreamt!
Love your positive attitude! When the timing is right.....your house will sell
Texas Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,997
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Girl View Post
Love your positive attitude! When the timing is right.....your house will sell
Thank you Texas Girl! My stress level is so much more manageable now and that is speaking volumes about JUDDDing. I wish I had begun JUDDDing back when I attempted the 1st time.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sungoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,172
Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
I am about a week or so shy of the 3 month mark of JUDDDing. I was really motivated to try this plan because of the medical improvements I heard about. I wanted a decrease in inflammation, and I believe I am getting it.

My home is two story. I had a terrible time, pre-JUDDD, negotiating the steps. I would avoid going upstairs unless I had to. I had to hold onto the rails with two hands and kind of push myself up and I was doing two feet per step. NOW, I go up and down the steps easily, one foot per step with no pain.

My index fingers have arthritis and they would always ache and be painful limiting my ability to knit or oil paint. The aching and pain in those fingers is not there. I can do my crafts with ease.

My blood pressure was too high and nothing I did brought it down. I get checked every two weeks and the last reading was 119/76 . The nay sayers said well that is just because you have lost weight. I disagree. When I was doing HCG, I lost more weight than I have on JUDDD so far and my BP was still high and I didn't see it come down at all!!

The skin on my face is healthier. Bumps and red marks are diminished.

I could hardly walk for 10 minutes due to aching and pains. Now I can walk well over 30 minutes. I can ride my stationary bike for an hour without pain.

I have substantially more energy!

I don't get blood work done until June, so I am not sure what my lipid panel looks like, but my fingers are crossed.

Thanks for starting this thread because I really want to see what health benefits people are actually observing, especially blood work. I look forward each week to seeing improvements that I have read about. I am loving the results of JUDDD!
__________________
Good broth resurrects the dead. ~ South American Proverb
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sungoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,172
Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetTN View Post
I'm in week 10

I have noticed in the past 2 weeks I haven't really been that hungry on DD. I fast until dinner and today my stomach didn't even growl.

I have gotten much stronger in my ability to not eat on my DD. When i first started I tried not to be around food on DD much because I knew i lacked self control. Just this week my coworkers wanted me to go to our favorite mexican restaurant. It was my DD but i went anyway and didn't eat. I wasn't uncomfortable or even tempted. I knew I could have it tomorrow if I really wanted it. I think the peaceful, comfortable feeling that you get on DD has strengthened as I have progressed with this WOE.
Having lost 32 pounds in 10 weeks is incredible!! You are my hero. I see you got into onederland which is my dream!! Congrats!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,997
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Bev This is truly amazing! So happy to hear this!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:31 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member
 
JanetTN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: middle TN
Posts: 139
Gallery: JanetTN
Stats: too much/getting there/just right!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Jan 2012
Thanks Beverly. The first 10 were on low carb and the rest on juddd. so it is really 32lbs. in 14 weeks .

However, the first 10 lbs. was a daily struggle and the last 22 lbs. have been a breeze.

After reading what others have posted it made me realize that I too am experiencing inflammation reduction, lower HBP, less baggy eye syndrome, etc.

My thumbs no longer hurt after a busy day at work (dental hygienist) and I know that that can't be attributed to weight loss.

I plan to have blood work done soon and am excited to see the results.
JanetTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:09 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member
 
Lianora Mosswood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Near Oregon old growth
Posts: 135
Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Start Date: January 2011
10 pounds from goal!

This is the middle of my 8th JUDDD week. I started JUDDD after my 33 lb weight loss on Atkins ground to a halt and I was unable to move up the carb ladder past 30g a day. Things sat like that for several months, where maybe I would lose 1/2 pound in a month if anything.

I started lurking this thread and read pretty much every post and was intrigued by everyone's success. I am expecting to lose about a pound a week, and if I get that, I'm pretty excited, and if it's ever more, I will be beside myself. Here are my weights at the beginning of each week:

week 1: 132.8
week 2: 130.8
week 3: 129.6
week 4: 128
week 5: 128, this week I only managed 2 DD out of 7
week 6: 127.6
week 7: 126.6
week 8: 125.2

Most of my DD are about 650 cals with average of 1590 on UD. I am still low carb, but instead of gaining when I go over 30g/day, I am eating up to 80g on UD and still losing. I eat about 90/10 Paleo as well.

I have barely exercised during this last two months, maybe 30 squats and 30 pushups a 3x/week. I just ordered a couple of Callanetics dvds and now that the worst of the cold rainy season is over in this part of Oregon, I'll resume walking and bike riding most evenings. I'm excited to take this new shape and tighten it up!

I find JUDDD very do-able as a lifestyle and really encourage anyone whose flirting with the idea to give it a try for at least a month.

Last notes: the JUDDD community on LCF is the most friendly and supporting on-line weightloss group I have ever seen and definitely a big part of my success.
Lianora Mosswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:35 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!
 
mykidsteacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,184
Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
I'm one who didn't see much JUDDD magic at first (and was so frustrated by that, lol). But by week 4, I HAD lost the 2 pounds I needed to get me into maintenance. And then my world blew up (diet speaking anyway) with the allergy diagnosis, and I went off plan. I was cycling calories at the time (not on purpose, it just worked out that way), and in the next 2 weeks of adjusting, lost another pound (which is likely to happen when you completely remove 2 major foods from your diet). Went back to JUDDD maint for a week, then went to my mom's for a week, and had 7 FD's in a row.

This would have been week 8 or 9. I came home 1 pound less than I went! At that point, I decided to try to lose a bit more, and it has been dropping easily, whereas at the beginning, it was like pulling teeth.

I've already shared my inflammation results, although it's impossible to know what is attributable to JUDDD and what to my diet changes.

During maint, I was having 800-900 cal DD's, so no issues with hunger, but DD's at first were much more of a struggle than they are now, back in wlm with 500 cal DD's again. I HAD to eat breakfast at first or I got shaky and head achy. Now, I quite comfortably fast till lunch.

Snacking is pretty much a thing of the past. I just don't get hungry between meals on UD's. On DD's, I do sometimes need something around 3pm, but we don't eat supper until 7 or later.

Mood is good, but that was improving with my treatment for adrenal exhaustion. I don't know that I have any sustained energy increase to report though.
__________________
Tina--wife of 21 years and mom to 4 great kids. Paleo/primal since Aug 2011. Lost 20 pounds. Started JUDDD 1/13/12 to lose the last few and maintain for life.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:41 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: England
Posts: 1,481
Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
For me, an unexpected bonus has been no longer having period pains! I used to be curled up with a hot water bottle and painkillers for at least the first day, now Nothing! Some months I have a faint twinge, like for 2 mins, but thats it!
I get a lot less spots that time of the month, also.
It hasn't improved my moods- embarrassingly I am always in a better mood on a fd, LOL!
What is has done enable me to eat any kind of Carb without the risk of starting off my bulimia. Low carb stopped the bulimia, but I lost no weight, and it made socializing and holidays into military planning exercises! Plus I missed my carbs!
With juddd I can eat lots of carbs on a fd, with no desire to purge, even if I go a bit overboard, because I know the next day is a dd.
Thanks to low carb friends, and juddd, I have been free of bulimia for 1 year last month - real magic!
Hugs
Jo
X
__________________


"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"

Last edited by Joedi; 04-08-2012 at 05:43 AM..
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:19 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member
 
lisamt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 534
Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
Joedi, that is amazing! I'm so glad that LC and JUDDD helped you recover from bulimia. I used to be stuck in a mindset of thinking I should eat lots of junk now, because I was going to start a new diet soon and would not be able to have those things. Now that I can eat whatever I want on alternate days, I no longer have the desire to stuff myself and can make better food choices.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:00 AM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,665
Gallery: adillenal
I really haven't noticed a lot of difference. One thing is that I seem to get all of my work done at work early (I am the boss) and then bounce around the building the rest of the day. I am sure I am driving everyone else nuts because noone knows when I will be bouncing through. Guess that is the increased energy level.

Dr. J talks about making healthier food choices the longer you JUDDD. I have not really thought much about this. It is more of a stop and contemplate thing. Do I want to spend my calories on x or would I prefer y? I stopped carbonated beverages but not intentionally. It just sort of happened. Then I went to iced tea and now that is gone and I am drinking plain water. Looks like baby steps. Now it looks like coffee is losing the battle. I had one cup this morning and didn't finish it. Just didn't want it. I could save 120 HWC calories if I quit. Guess that is the making healthier choice thing although I don't consider coffee as unhealthy. Maybe my body does.
I joined the 21 day challenge to stop using as much Splenda. Looks like I have already quit it on day 3. I won't have anything left to put Splenda in.
P.S. I LOVE JUDDD.
__________________
adi 5'7" 65 years old
181/155/145 LC MY WAY 3/15/03
155/144/140 LFL 5/05/04
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:14 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,755
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Let's see...
Brain-fog went away on LC. But it sure has not come back since I started JUDDD.

Week Four
  • Sirtuin enzymes kicked in, DD 'glow' and energy.
  • Weight loss increased from one pound/week to between two and three pounds/week.

Week Six
  • The pollen season hit me hard. Had to dive into daily clariton.
  • Under-eye pouches started tightening.
  • Bright red cheeks & nose started fading.
  • DD glow and energy spread to UDs. Added to my normal approach to life (full-tilt-boogie!) this elevated me into one depressingly chipper person.
  • Weight loss stalled but 11 inches went bye-bye.
  • Standing straighter, walking faster and stronger with no additional exercise.

Week Eight - Twelve (now)
  • I am still taking anti-histamines but am having much less allergy trouble than most years.
  • Bright red cheeks & nose look normal (first time in, I think, my life).
  • Weight loss very, very slow. I suspect the anti-histamines are causing this, but I am afraid to trust JUDDD too soon and stop taking them (most years I end up on steroids two or three times each Spring/Summer).
  • Muscle definition in legs.
  • Energy levels and positive attitude are becoming amusing.

My next physical is in September. I am getting very interested in what it will show by then.
__________________
- Nancy
GOAL 10/3/12
Still at goal 2/6/13
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 04-09-2012 at 06:16 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:27 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Let's see...
Brain-fog went away on LC. But it sure has not come back since I started JUDDD.

Week Four
  • Sirtuin enzymes kicked in, DD 'glow' and energy.
  • Weight loss increased from one pound/week to between two and three pounds/week.

Week Six
  • The pollen season hit me hard. Had to dive into daily clariton.
  • Under-eye pouches started tightening.
  • Bright red cheeks & nose started fading.
  • DD glow and energy spread to UDs. Added to my normal approach to life (full-tilt-boogie!) this elevated me into one depressingly chipper person.
  • Weight loss stalled but 11 inches went bye-bye.
  • Standing straighter, walking faster and stronger with no additional exercise.

Week Eight - Twelve (now)
  • I am still taking anti-histamines but am having much less allergy trouble than most years.
  • Bright red cheeks & nose look normal (first time in, I think, my life).
  • Weight loss very, very slow. I suspect the anti-histamines are causing this, but I am afraid to trust JUDDD too soon and stop taking them (most years I end up on steroids two or three times each Spring/Summer).
  • Muscle definition in legs.
  • Energy levels and positive attitude are becoming amusing.

My next physical is in September. I am getting very interested in what it will show by then.
I forgot to mention I was slammed with tree pollen a while back and the misery caused me to go back on meds for a month, but now I'm OK again and off the med. So I'd say it's best that you stay on your allergy meds too until you feel good about going off, if ever. I think when we are smack-dab in the middle of our worst allergens (in my case, swirling around me and on me), even JUDDD can't block all the reaction, but I will see how it goes this time next year - whether the longer you are on JUDDD, the more defense you build up.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Good stuff!

I feel that I am just now reaping the best part of the JUDDD Magic and I am on Week 9. I have had to throw a MD in every week for the last 3 weeks and yet I am having losses when I get on the scale that I really didn't expect!

I have done at least 1 maybe 2 MD starting at Week 6 to Week 9. When I say MD, I am talking 1000 calories. Does this sound plausible???
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Oh, and I have definitely received the calming that you are talking about.

This week, I have not been very happy with my realtor and some of my offers that I received on one of my homes. In the past, I would stew all day and then let it ruin my weekend. I decided, I am going to just lay back and wait and quit being "worked up". When I decided to go ahead and begin JUDDDing, the first thing I took into consideration is, "can I work JUDDD into my sometimes hectic and crazy lifestyle?" The more I read, the more I decided that if I can handle the stress of dealing with 160 college boys, then I can certainly handle this new WOE! It is turning out to be much better than I would have ever dreamt!
Wow, you have been dealing with a lot of stress, so good for you for doing so well! I've read that this woe (CR/IF) makes changes in the brain that allow for handling stress better and recovering from the negative effects of stress faster than normal. And congrats on your pounds lost even with higher calories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I'm not qualified to respond as I went Hypothyroid not too long after I started JUDDD. I was experiencing the increased energy and feeling good and that only lasted a week or two, then I crashed and have been miserable since. I'm hoping when my thyroid gets normalized, I can get some of that back.
Hoping this for you too, Dawn!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
I am about a week or so shy of the 3 month mark of JUDDDing. I was really motivated to try this plan because of the medical improvements I heard about. I wanted a decrease in inflammation, and I believe I am getting it.

My home is two story. I had a terrible time, pre-JUDDD, negotiating the steps. I would avoid going upstairs unless I had to. I had to hold onto the rails with two hands and kind of push myself up and I was doing two feet per step. NOW, I go up and down the steps easily, one foot per step with no pain.

My index fingers have arthritis and they would always ache and be painful limiting my ability to knit or oil paint. The aching and pain in those fingers is not there. I can do my crafts with ease.

My blood pressure was too high and nothing I did brought it down. I get checked every two weeks and the last reading was 119/76 . The nay sayers said well that is just because you have lost weight. I disagree. When I was doing HCG, I lost more weight than I have on JUDDD so far and my BP was still high and I didn't see it come down at all!!

The skin on my face is healthier. Bumps and red marks are diminished.

I could hardly walk for 10 minutes due to aching and pains. Now I can walk well over 30 minutes. I can ride my stationary bike for an hour without pain.

I have substantially more energy!

I don't get blood work done until June, so I am not sure what my lipid panel looks like, but my fingers are crossed.

Thanks for starting this thread because I really want to see what health benefits people are actually observing, especially blood work. I look forward each week to seeing improvements that I have read about. I am loving the results of JUDDD!
Wonderful results, Beverly! It's so obvious that JUDDD is working to reduce inflammation for you as well as do other great things for you. I'll look forward to the results of your blood work and also any other improvements you experience as you go forward. KUTGW!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetTN View Post
I'm in week 10

I have noticed in the past 2 weeks I haven't really been that hungry on DD. I fast until dinner and today my stomach didn't even growl.

I have gotten much stronger in my ability to not eat on my DD. When i first started I tried not to be around food on DD much because I knew i lacked self control. Just this week my coworkers wanted me to go to our favorite mexican restaurant. It was my DD but i went anyway and didn't eat. I wasn't uncomfortable or even tempted. I knew I could have it tomorrow if I really wanted it. I think the peaceful, comfortable feeling that you get on DD has strengthened as I have progressed with this WOE.
Congrats on the big, breezy losses on JUDDD, Janet! You're doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lianora Mosswood View Post
This is the middle of my 8th JUDDD week. I started JUDDD after my 33 lb weight loss on Atkins ground to a halt and I was unable to move up the carb ladder past 30g a day. Things sat like that for several months, where maybe I would lose 1/2 pound in a month if anything.

I started lurking this thread and read pretty much every post and was intrigued by everyone's success. I am expecting to lose about a pound a week, and if I get that, I'm pretty excited, and if it's ever more, I will be beside myself. Here are my weights at the beginning of each week:

week 1: 132.8
week 2: 130.8
week 3: 129.6
week 4: 128
week 5: 128, this week I only managed 2 DD out of 7
week 6: 127.6
week 7: 126.6
week 8: 125.2

Most of my DD are about 650 cals with average of 1590 on UD. I am still low carb, but instead of gaining when I go over 30g/day, I am eating up to 80g on UD and still losing. I eat about 90/10 Paleo as well.

I have barely exercised during this last two months, maybe 30 squats and 30 pushups a 3x/week. I just ordered a couple of Callanetics dvds and now that the worst of the cold rainy season is over in this part of Oregon, I'll resume walking and bike riding most evenings. I'm excited to take this new shape and tighten it up!

I find JUDDD very do-able as a lifestyle and really encourage anyone whose flirting with the idea to give it a try for at least a month.

Last notes: the JUDDD community on LCF is the most friendly and supporting on-line weightloss group I have ever seen and definitely a big part of my success.
Glad you're enjoying JUDDD too - getting to eat what you want and diet every other day along with those building sirtuins sure makes for some happiness! JUDDD is forgiving even when not followed "to a T" Though results tend to be faster when the plan is done strictly, it's also a powerful woe and those DDs do work their magic. And yes, many of us tolerate carbs very well on JUDDD as opposed to LC, when we seemed to have made ourselves ultra-sensitive to them and gained just by looking at them, lol. No more. KUTGW Lianora!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 04-09-2012 at 07:58 AM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!
 
vanilla_latte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my happy place!
Posts: 2,331
Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Wow, I'm glad I found this thread. Coming up on 4 weeks and not seeing just a whole lot of progress yet, this is very encouraging!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Carly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 7,448
Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
For me, an unexpected bonus has been no longer having period pains! I used to be curled up with a hot water bottle and painkillers for at least the first day, now Nothing! Some months I have a faint twinge, like for 2 mins, but thats it!
I get a lot less spots that time of the month, also.
It hasn't improved my moods- embarrassingly I am always in a better mood on a fd, LOL!
What is has done enable me to eat any kind of Carb without the risk of starting off my bulimia. Low carb stopped the bulimia, but I lost no weight, and it made socializing and holidays into military planning exercises! Plus I missed my carbs!
With juddd I can eat lots of carbs on a fd, with no desire to purge, even if I go a bit overboard, because I know the next day is a dd.
Thanks to low carb friends, and juddd, I have been free of bulimia for 1 year last month - real magic!
Hugs
Jo
X
I am so happy for you- I know that demon well. It has been about 7 yrs of freedom for me.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #25
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Pami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 27,310
Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
OMG Joedi, I thought of you IMMEDIATELY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
It hasn't improved my moods- embarrassingly I am always in a better mood on a fd, LOL!
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #26
Senior LCF Member
 
Lianora Mosswood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Near Oregon old growth
Posts: 135
Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Start Date: January 2011
vanilla, glad you are encouraged! There are a lot of bonuses from JUDDD besides weight loss, and that always seems to come around sooner or later.
Lianora Mosswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:17 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!
 
vanilla_latte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my happy place!
Posts: 2,331
Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Atkins '72
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Thank you, Lianora (beautiful name). I see changes in the mirror and in little places in my body. I'd like to see those changes reflected on the scale! I have to believe it'll come soon.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:39 AM   #28
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,260
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
this overly chatty newb is mostly just subbing to the thread but i dooo get slightly giddy high on my dd for some reason. lol

Saw this and had to respond!! I get this too sometimes on DDs. Just a euphoric feeling, like I'm ridiculously happy and even things that should be irritating strike me as funny! Glad it's not just me!

I'm enjoying this thread. Gonna have to gather all my thoughts and notes together before I can add anything coherent.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:02 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!
 
DD80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Desert Southwest
Posts: 1,292
Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Week 1-3
I was on Medi-weightloss (not shakes, but low cal, appetite suppressant diet) and had lost about 11 lbs? on that diet in the 3 or so weeks I was on it...so pretty good loss. I had actually stalled the week before I started JUDDD (water weight). I lost very quickly the first two weeks of JUDDD and had no transistion problems. (Lost like 8 lbs or so? I don't have the numbers in front of me).

Week 3-5
Lost like 4.4 lbs.

Week 5-7
Seems that I had a water gain when starting the pill this month and I have been pretty much stalled. My low was 166.8 before the pill and have been bouncing around 168 (after DDs) and 170 (after UDs). (I have been on the pill awhile...I'm just talking about starting it for the month.)

Started noticing that the psoriasis on my hands is doing much better. It is not as red/flaky/spliiting as it was. This is REALLY amazing. I can't tell you how bad it looked and how much better it looks now. It's not gone...but it's AMAZING how much better it is.

Also noticing that my face is smoother. I am blessed with pretty good skin (besides psoriasis), but do get break outs sometimes. I do take lots of vitamins to help my skin (again, psoriasis) and I use specific products that do not make my sensitive skin break out. Anyway, I never really noticed it until it was gone, but I had little bumpies on my nose/cheeks/chin and these areas are not so smooth. Crazy.

Week 8
Bouncing between 167 - 169 (small victory, but I'll take it!).

I do body pump (weight class) and I feel like I have gained strength back quickly. I used to take the class and stopped for about 4-5 months while I was trying to heal my back (herniated discs...lots of pain too). I got back to the weight I was lifting in about 4-6 weeks, but I already feel that I might be able to go up in weight again another 4-6 weeks later. I can't believe it because last time, it seemed like it would be a long time before I could increase. I also feel like I am noticing more toning in my shoulders/chest/arms (I am self-concious of these areas, so I notice them).

Week 9 (This Week)
TOM starts this week and I usually have a loss AFTER. I have my hopes up for a bouncing range between 165-167.

In general, I know I need to be better about my calorie limits... I make sure to always keep with the UD/DD rotation, but allow for MDs if I have an event (like this weekend's anniversary - but I was proud of myself...I did pretty well and was full after a small amount of food!). But, I have UDs that are just crazy sometimes. I don't count the exact calories, but I go over my 2000 limit for sure. Either way, I am AMAZED that I am basically maintaining with some of the crazy days I've had.

My barre/pilates classes are no more (lady went out of business), so I need to find a good substitute. I love all the toning and ab work in those classes (feel like I have gained ab strength super fast too with JUDDD). They really help me tone all the muscles in my butt, hips, and lower back too - which helped so much with the pain.

I feel like every week, this getts better and better! I'm doing this even with all the emotional turmpil in my life and it oddly feels awesome. I still have hormonal and grumpy days, but I am so happy that I'm in control and still losing/maintaining. It is amazing!
__________________
“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it may become necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye." - Miss Piggy

Last edited by DD80; 04-10-2012 at 09:04 AM..
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member
 
Lianora Mosswood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Near Oregon old growth
Posts: 135
Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Start Date: January 2011
Sophiethecat asked me to share this here.

Quote:
I have been happily cruising along with DD between 600-800 and averaging a little under a pound a week loss.

This week, it seems like I am really not that hungry on DD, more like a little reminder that I am a little hungry than gnawing, growling, stomach trying to eat itself hunger. I have been at less than 600 my last 3 DD without even thinking about it.

All of that is a relief, first of all, but. . . my weekly loss this week was 2.8 pounds! I have 7 1/2 pounds to goal
Interestingly, I was VERY happy with my 1 lb a week loss after so many months of stalling, so you can imagine that once the magic really kicked in, well
Lianora Mosswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.