Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 06:20 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Brendajm
Stats: 130/122/117
WOE: was atkins, now maintenance
Start Date: march, 2004
This is great for a maintainer too!

I have been struggling to get back to my maintain weight of 115. I just feel better there. So for the last week I did 2 dd and one med dd and 4 regular days. This morning i am At 115!! the recipes u ladies provide here are great I have not felt really hungry at all. I hope to keep doing a few dds every week It really helps with my bloated tummy. When you are thinner any excess weight makes me look like a pregnant string bean. Not a pretty site. Tomorrow I will do a dd so I can enjoy Easter! I still only eat lowcarb. Just can't do the carbs. ( inam very afraid of them). Lol
Brendajm is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2012, 06:46 AM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendajm View Post
I have been struggling to get back to my maintain weight of 115. I just feel better there. So for the last week I did 2 dd and one med dd and 4 regular days. This morning i am At 115!! the recipes u ladies provide here are great I have not felt really hungry at all. I hope to keep doing a few dds every week It really helps with my bloated tummy. When you are thinner any excess weight makes me look like a pregnant string bean. Not a pretty site. Tomorrow I will do a dd so I can enjoy Easter! I still only eat lowcarb. Just can't do the carbs. ( inam very afraid of them). Lol
Tell us about how your rotation was, please. You didn't do 2 DDs in a row, did you? And where did you throw in that MD? I ask because I'm kinda struggling with the same issue you have been.

TIA...
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:44 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Hi and welcome. It works so beautifully in maintenance. I maintained at 130 for a time, before I decided to lose a bit more. I was able to enjoy 800 cal DD's MWF, and UD's of 1600 the rest of the days. It was nice having both weekend days be UD's. I even lost a pound doing that. LOL
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Ditto, I am loving maintaining with JUDDD. It is so easy.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
I am loving maintenance also, especially since I'm seeing the numbers go down ever so slowly, but nevertheless, going down......still!!!

Who would have thunk it?!!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
And I am loving seeing so many happy maintainers! HOPE!
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
I agree! And know what you mean about every little ounce showing up. If I've had a larger than usual meal or ate anything sugary (that causes me to retain water) I start to look pregnant too! One of the reasons I decided to try to drop a few more pounds....I want my top, with water weight added, to be 125. LOL
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Kathy, I want my top weight to be 125 too, spending most of my time under that by a pound or so. When I first started JUDDD, I truly didn't think that was possible, and I'd have to just be happy with 130 (which I was, mostly). Guess I just needed a bit more time for the magic to happen, because it's coming off pretty easily now. Not fast still, but at least it's dropping.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Brendajm
Stats: 130/122/117
WOE: was atkins, now maintenance
Start Date: march, 2004
I did a dd day, then an up day, then a mdd, then an up day, then a dd day, today is a kinda up,day, tomorrow will be a dd, then Easter an up,day. I never had lunch today, then had shrimp,Cheese, crackers and wine for dinner. , do it is kinda a mod up day, tomorrow willbe for sure a down day.
Brendajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:35 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
I'm wanting to be able to increase my DD calories some. I was doing under 500 for DD's (maybe average 400) and lost about 7 pounds on JUDD, (lost most of my weight HHCG). I am happy with the weight I am at now but I'm still eating the same calories as I was during weight loss. I just stopped losing. I was hoping that I would be able to eat more calories during maintenance.

Any ideas?
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Tina, I think I am where you were a while back. Sort of happy where I am, but wouldn't mind going down a couple more lbs. Do you remember being hesitant to just make the decision to be in maintenance? I can only hope what happened to you would for me too, BUT if not, still be content. I'd love to see a little lower number on the scale but my clothes fit nicely now, ( that I purposly bought a tiny bit snug) so my main concern should be to maintain successfully now. Think I might start a thread asking all the current maintainers for lots of good advice! I am quite a bit older than most of the BUDDS in maintenance but at 59, I want to be careful not to look too baggy-saggy wrinkly droopy any more than I have to!!!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:00 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Tina, I think I am where you were a while back. Sort of happy where I am, but wouldn't mind going down a couple more lbs. Do you remember being hesitant to just make the decision to be in maintenance? I can only hope what happened to you would for me too, BUT if not, still be content. I'd love to see a little lower number on the scale but my clothes fit nicely now, ( that I purposly bought a tiny bit snug) so my main concern should be to maintain successfully now. Think I might start a thread asking all the current maintainers for lots of good advice! I am quite a bit older than most of the BUDDS in maintenance but at 59, I want to be careful not to look too baggy-saggy wrinkly droopy any more than I have to!!!

Phyl
Phyl,

I remember all to well making the decision to be in maintenance. I wanted to be at a certain scale number, and actually, still do, BUT, am wearing my smaller clothes quite well, look good, and feel fantastic.

I have an hourglass figure so I believe I am able to get away with a higher weight for a gal of my height and age.

At 72, I have to be careful not to go too much lower because I don't want that baggy-saggy wrinkly effect that looks like I've been on a stringent diet.
As it is, even in maintenance, the scale is showing lower numbers.

I already have skin that doesn't fit on my thighs where I carried a lot of my weight, and since they have trimmed down, I need to either accept it or gain weight.
Think I'll accept it!

I've also been doing some reading about contouring gel to help with post dieting sagging skin, but I'm half-hearted about it as I've not read too many testimonials about it.

All in all, I'm pretty content with where I am, and as long as I keep JUDDD as my WOE, I'm golden!!!

Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:06 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Phyl, yes, it was tough to make the decision to end wlm and enter maintenance.

I think for me, part of it was that for almost ALL of my adult life, I've needed to lose weight--maybe just a couple pounds, maybe more. But shifting the mindset from needing to lose, to being where I want to be wasn't easy for me. And then there is the competitor in me that thought, 'well, if I got here, how much more could I lose?"

But I was getting really obsessed with food/calories, and getting really down when the scale wasn't moving. So for my state of mind, it was really helpful to enter maintenance and relax about it all. If it hadn't been for that beautiful dress from my Grandma, I'd still probably be there. But I had to lose a couple more to get it to zip. LOL

And somehow even losing these couple of pounds has been different, because it isn't that I NEED to lose them to be healthy or look good. I just want to.

Sherry, I was eating 800-900 cal DD's when I was in maintenance, and was very stable, and quite comfortable. My UD cals were 1600-1700. I think 50% is what you are looking for to keep the sirt-1 active. So if your UD cals are higher, your DD can be too. You can start bumping them up 100 at a time, or just switch to the full amount and see what happens. If the scale trends up (not just bouncing, but actually stays), then you might need to back off a bit. Seems most maintainers have trouble stopping the loss vs gaining though.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gracie and Tina, sounds like so how I feel about this. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. I identify and think I am going to "choose" to be content. Period. Sure know where to get tips and HELP!!!!!Anxious to see how this goes. Love you guys.

Phyl Tina, are you not in maintenance currently then?

Last edited by gotitnow; 04-07-2012 at 10:14 AM..
Old 04-07-2012, 10:35 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

No Phyl, I jumped back on wlm to get to 125. Once there or a little below, I'll be back on the maintenance lane.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:07 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

K, then, see ya in (on?) the maintenance lane!!!
Phyl
Old 04-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
I will up my DD calories a bit and see what happens. On my UD's I am only eating around 1,400 a day. But that is not counting my coconut oil which is probably a couple 100 a day. I didn't count the coconut oil on hcg so I haven't been now. I don't know if it should count as calories or not. My fear is that I will gain and won't be able to get it off again. But I may be eating too few calories and that could be the culprit also.
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:29 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lianora Mosswood
Stats: 165/121/115 5'3" 54 yrs
WOE: locarb primal juddd
Start Date: January 2011
Brenda, thanks for starting this thread. At 10 lbs from goal (finally!), I am starting to think about how I will do maintenance, JUDDDing, of course. All of the responses have been really helpful. I have spend a few decades either on some kind of diet or slowly gaining, so I'm a little apprehensive.
Lianora Mosswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
And I am loving seeing so many happy maintainers! HOPE!
Yesssssss!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote