Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!
 
shelbyla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 5,100
Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: whole foods, P3
Start Date: rx hCG R9 start 09/04/14
Poor UD followed by DD = VERY UNHAPPY

I had an UD yesterday where I didn't get nearly enough calories in. Today, my DD has been absolutely HORRIBLE! I have been starving all darn day long. Trying to keep calories down but I can't let my blood sugar crash. Low fat plain protein and lots of water, tea and coffee so far. Can I just say UGH????
shelbyla is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9
Gallery: agent99
Hi Shelby-
I just finished a round of HCG and am contemplating doing JUDDD. I had an epiphany this morning that a Steak Day (as written by Simeons) is basically an intermittent fast with lowish calories at the end of the day. Prior to having that epiphany, I thought I would do 3 weeks P3 and then give JUDDD a go, but now I am wondering if I should transition into JUDDD sooner.
How has your experience been with JUDDD as a previous HCG'er?
Thanks in Advance
agent99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:49 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 15,171
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
If you didn't get near your UD calories yesterday, you could call it a MD and make today an UD so you don't have to suffer. Sorry it's a rough one.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
If you didn't get near your UD calories yesterday, you could call it a MD and make today an UD so you don't have to suffer. Sorry it's a rough one.


Shelby.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,888
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'm sorry you're having this tough time today. And I also agree that if your UD was so poorly done that the calories were way, way too low, it maybe should just have been counted as a MD, and the next day should then have been your UD.

The trouble with not doing strong UDs is more than just the lack of calories to fuel you well into your DD, to enable you to do it at the low calories that you should be doing though. Another trouble with a poor UD is that you throw a glitch in the powerful opposing forces of high calorie UDs and low calorie DDs.

Hopefully you are doing JUDDD for more than just weight loss. The strength and *magic* of this plan depends quite a bit on having that good spread between the UD and DD calories. I believe that when you mess with your numbers much, you weaken JUDDD's ability to heal your metabolism, etc. and work as well to heal you where you're broken.

I know you will have your Up/Down calorie rotation back running smoothly now, and your weight loss and increased health will be a great result.
__________________
Best wishes, Pat
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,056
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I'm sorry you're having this tough time today. And I also agree that if your UD was so poorly done that the calories were way, way too low, it maybe should just have been counted as a MD, and the next day should then have been your UD.

The trouble with not doing strong UDs is more than just the lack of calories to fuel you well into your DD, to enable you to do it at the low calories that you should be doing though. Another trouble with a poor UD is that you throw a glitch in the powerful opposing forces of high calorie UDs and low calorie DDs.

Hopefully you are doing JUDDD for more than just weight loss. The strength and *magic* of this plan depends quite a bit on having that good spread between the UD and DD calories. I believe that when you mess with your numbers much, you weaken JUDDD's ability to heal your metabolism, etc. and work as well to heal you where you're broken.

I know you will have your Up/Down calorie rotation back running smoothly now, and your weight loss and increased health will be a great result.
And why you will get really tired of hearing me say....YOU GOTTA EAT!!. It is the one suggestion that I KNOW is more than a suggestion, it's a excellent tool in helping us do good DDs!

Last edited by Beeb; 04-05-2012 at 08:41 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member
 
Gweebles's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Harlingen, TX
Posts: 982
Gallery: Gweebles
Stats: 26w/24w/8
WOE: JUDDD convert 2720/544
Start Date: JUDDD 3/6/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyla View Post
I had an UD yesterday where I didn't get nearly enough calories in. Today, my DD has been absolutely HORRIBLE! I have been starving all darn day long. Trying to keep calories down but I can't let my blood sugar crash. Low fat plain protein and lots of water, tea and coffee so far. Can I just say UGH????
I can so relate! I had a job interview for a "dream job" (keeping fingers crossed) and missed lunch. Then due to being so busy at my current job due to new software and all the glitches it has created, I got home exhausted and maybe got in half of my UD calories. Today I was so grouchy and munchy I had already consumed my DD calories by 3 PM. I guess our bodies do need those UD calories to stay sane.
Gweebles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:39 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!
 
sterlinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Midland. Michigan
Posts: 2,007
Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Aww.. What every one else said.. ya got to eat! So good luck with the rotation change to help ya hang in there! We all have have these days.. Ive noticed.. theres vetrans who post the same kinds of struggles which makes me feel so normal and makes me feel like "i can" do this!!! and so can you!!!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Kissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: London UK
Posts: 19,047
Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Shelby.

It is tough, but a lesson has been learned. You gotta eat. UDs are as important to our losses as the DDs.

Hope you are feeling better.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sazzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,500
Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/maintaining 135-139
Even if you were to grab 2 tbsp of peanut butter that can up your calorie count by 200 calories.

I realize that when you're not hungry that can be difficult, but eat it slowly and drink tea or coffee with it, and it will go down much more easily.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:35 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,864
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Been there. Didn't enjoy doing that.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:24 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.