Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   My inflammation test results (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/766509-my-inflammation-test-results.html)

mykidsteacher 04-05-2012 12:47 PM

My inflammation test results

Got these today. Good news!

Tested c-reactive protein back in aug 2011 and it was 0.63. (while this is within "least risk" results range per the lab, my naturo wants it as close to zero as possible). In Jan, after losing 22 pounds, it was 0.70. He also checked the SED rate, which was 5 (range of 0-20)

This prompted the allergy testing in Feb (since weight loss often reduces it, the fact that it hadn't led to digging deeper for the cause). Positive allergy results to egg, milk, sunflower, cashew, and garlic.

Cut these foods out of my diet for the past 4 1/2 weeks, and retested.

CRP of 0.12 and SED of 2!!!!! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

He said the crp number is about as low as you can get it, and would like to see the SED a bit lower, but is very pleased with the change.

Now, it's entirely possible that JUDDD has played a part in those numbers going down as well as removing the allergens. No way of knowing how big a part each played.

But it is so rewarding to see changes like that, especially when the effort to make it happen has been so difficult

leonak 04-05-2012 12:52 PM

:jumpjoy::shake::jumpjoy::high5::jumpjoy::clap::ju mpjoy:

northandcold23 04-05-2012 12:56 PM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Great news!!!

ellgee 04-05-2012 01:07 PM

Tina! Awesome news!!!

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

sophiethecat 04-05-2012 01:13 PM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy: Whooo hooo!!!! Awesome, Tina! You are making non-allergenic food choices AND :sing: JUDDD! :high5: You are making your inflammation go down and making your body healthier! Yayyyy! Always love these kind of reports. :) KUTGW, my JUDDD bud! :high5: :hugs:

KeirasMom 04-05-2012 01:55 PM

Great results for all your hard work!! :jumpjoy:

piratejenny 04-05-2012 02:27 PM

Yay!
Do you take or eat any natural anti-inflammatories like turmeric?

sterlinggirl 04-05-2012 02:33 PM

:jumpjoy: Wooohooo TIna! Way to go!! Great job taking such great care of your body!!!

gotsomeold 04-05-2012 03:05 PM

Tina, I could cry at such good news.

carla70 04-05-2012 03:11 PM

:jumpjoy: great news! Keep up the good work

DD80 04-05-2012 03:33 PM

So glad to hear this! :jumpjoy: :jumpjoy:

mykidsteacher 04-05-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piratejenny (Post 15558058)
Yay!
Do you take or eat any natural anti-inflammatories like turmeric?

No PJ, I haven't been taking anything extra.

Thanks for the jumpy guys. Some of these food changes have been really hard, and it would have been really tough if there hadn't been any change.

What's interesting, is that I had no outward symptoms that I had food allergies. And if I'd been seeing a regular doc, they'd have looked at my cholesterol/inflammation markers and simply put me on a statin. Thanks to my naturopath, we are getting to the bottom of what is CAUSING the numbers to be high (and also causing my adrenals to be in the tank, for which my reg doc wanted to put me on an anti-depressant), and cure it, rather than simply put a band-aid on the symptoms.

We'll retest my cholesterol in a couple months to make sure it is coming down too. He feels that's higher than it should be due to the allergies too.

KathyL 04-05-2012 04:06 PM

Nice payoff for your hard work!

mayleesa 04-05-2012 05:45 PM

so glad it's going in a positive direction!!!

Lianora Mosswood 04-05-2012 07:19 PM

Tina, good job through a tough run! I'm really glad you are getting things figured out and you have a supportive doc to do that with.

sungoddess 04-05-2012 07:21 PM

I am so happy for you!! :congrats: :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::clap::clap::clap:

Sheridan 04-05-2012 10:43 PM

I'm really glad to hear your great news!!

sazzie 04-05-2012 10:55 PM

Great news, Tina!!! :)

oropendola 04-05-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mykidsteacher (Post 15557774)
Got these today. Good news!

Tested c-reactive protein back in aug 2011 and it was 0.63. (while this is within "least risk" results range per the lab, my naturo wants it as close to zero as possible). In Jan, after losing 22 pounds, it was 0.70. He also checked the SED rate, which was 5 (range of 0-20)

This prompted the allergy testing in Feb (since weight loss often reduces it, the fact that it hadn't led to digging deeper for the cause). Positive allergy results to egg, milk, sunflower, cashew, and garlic.

Cut these foods out of my diet for the past 4 1/2 weeks, and retested.

CRP of 0.12 and SED of 2!!!!! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

He said the crp number is about as low as you can get it, and would like to see the SED a bit lower, but is very pleased with the change.

Now, it's entirely possible that JUDDD has played a part in those numbers going down as well as removing the allergens. No way of knowing how big a part each played.

But it is so rewarding to see changes like that, especially when the effort to make it happen has been so difficult

Congratulations on your great test results! :jumpjoy::jumpjoy:

gotitnow 04-05-2012 11:41 PM

Tina, I am thrilled for you and after the way I have felt (whine whine) the last couple of days, I feel ashamed :o cause you have really been through it. You certainly came out a trooper though. You're awesome. :heart::heart:

Phyl:heart:

mykidsteacher 04-06-2012 09:14 AM

Aww, Phyl, no need for that. We all have our challenges, and just because someone else has different ones than you, that doesn't minimize what you are going through! Lots of people have way worse things than I have to deal with too. I did a fair amount of whining right after finding out about my allergies, and dumped all over the JUDDD BUDDDs about it. LOL

Kissa 04-06-2012 12:32 PM

Tina, I am delighted to see the success you are having. I know it has been tough sometimes cutting out so many foods, but you are doing so well.

Big congratulations.

SoHappy 04-06-2012 01:08 PM

I was so very happy to read this exciting post, Tina! Whether your improved health and labs are the result of eliminating some foods from your diet, or from being on this fabulous JUDDD way of eating, or a combination of the two, it is wonderful news!

And we do know for certain that JUDDD is a *healing* way of eating, so I expect this will continue for you. Glad to read this happy news. Thanks for posting!

mttemple4 04-06-2012 01:50 PM

Fantastic, Tina! I'm so thrilled that you were able to see such amazing results; I know it has been tough. It's really nuts to think that we could have hidden allergies like this wreaking havoc while we are none the wiser.