Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 06:19 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hatewashingup
Stats: 135/114/108
WOE: Juddd/Vegetable lover!
Start Date: January 2012
21 day challenges

Apparently 21 days is how long it takes to break a habit.

I did 21 days with no snacking after dinner (wine doesn't count ) and have kept that up, so am going to try and cure my bad habits one by one!

Starting today, I am going to stop snacking in my car for 21 days. Sometimes I eat the bulk of my days calories in the car, especially on the way back from the supermarket!

Does anybody else have a 21 day challenge they want to try? If anybody does I thought we could all post updates here.
Hatewashingup is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 225/225/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 05/05/2014
good idea!

I am actually going to challenge myself to two things:

1. track everything every day
2. no alcohol
carla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
From what I understand "easy" habits can take a short amount of time but harder habits take much more than 21 days, some like 200+ days to become habit. I'm not really sure where the 21 days number came from but when I was researching it last week they were saying it wasn't true, that it can take any number of days depending on the habit.

But anyways, I'm doing this... I've been making a conscious effort to make myself do what I would like to do effortlessly a year from now. So... meal planning, a chore schedule I stick to so I don't get overwhelmed (it's like 20 minutes of cleaning a day), making sure I floss every day and brush my teeth for the whole 2 minutes, 30 minutes of exercise etc etc! So far so good!
Old 04-05-2012, 12:17 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Ok I want in on this deal.
Starting next week though. Sorry.
This will help me either get my chores here at home done or,
Guess I 'll just not do them... Right.
Gym two times a week
1. Take two 30 min classes. Tuesdays and Thursdays
Pilates and yoga
2. After classes hubby will met me at the gym to lift wts.
My sister n law wants to do the challenge too. She doesn't know about JUddd, YET.
My husband will love this plan. We haven't been to the gym for almost a month.
Yard work! So guess I just be taking me couple morning off during the day.
I don't like the time sch. for the classes is my only whine. Classes aren't until 12-1pm.
Thanks for thread Hate washing up. Fun....not really. Smile
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
I have read that the way to "break" a habit is to replace the behavior you want to change with a new healthier behavior. For example, every time you want to bite your nails yor put on hand lotion instead.
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:34 PM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
From what I understand "easy" habits can take a short amount of time but harder habits take much more than 21 days, some like 200+ days to become habit. I'm not really sure where the 21 days number came from but when I was researching it last week they were saying it wasn't true, that it can take any number of days depending on the habit.

But anyways, I'm doing this... I've been making a conscious effort to make myself do what I would like to do effortlessly a year from now. So... meal planning, a chore schedule I stick to so I don't get overwhelmed (it's like 20 minutes of cleaning a day), making sure I floss every day and brush my teeth for the whole 2 minutes, 30 minutes of exercise etc etc! So far so good!
I like this concept. I have recently added a few things that I want to become habits and do effortlessly in the future. I journal every morning, oil pulling in the morning and flossing and whitening in the evening (the whitening is more of a short-term thing, I don't think you're supposed to do that every day for longer than a couple weeks). I have established the habits of exercise and logging my food, and they truly come second nature to me (most of the time, sometimes I have to pep-talk myself into a workout).
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:43 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Ok, so I made it through day 1, although it was a dd so I wouldn't usually snack in the car anyway. We'll see how my UD goes today, might be tough cos I am going Easter egg shopping after gym!
Old 04-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I am joining becasue I want to cut down drastically but not completely , the amount of artifical sweeteners that I am using. I want to limit them to coffee and gluc jello only.
On UD's I eat Dannon plain yogurt with fruit but I put about 6 packets of Splenda in the yogurt. I have just finished my UD lunch with yogurt, an apple, banana and strawberries and I survived without any AS. OK. 20 more days.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:40 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

SWEET Adillenal! 6 servings!
Well I think hate washing up is gong to help us both.
One good day down for u guys. good job.
I'm prepping for my challenge.
Hwu I use to eat in thecar.but that was years ago and I was thin.
I lived Ten miles from work. When going home I was starving,,,,I thought. Dah.
But I ate. My car was always chrunchy...Good luck.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:58 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Woohoo, made it through the UD!
Muffbuff I like what you said about replacing a bad habit with a good one! Not really relevant for my snacking in the car but will probs work great for other things.

How is everybody doing so far?
Old 04-07-2012, 07:24 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatewashingup View Post
Woohoo, made it through the UD!
Muffbuff I like what you said about replacing a bad habit with a good one! Not really relevant for my snacking in the car but will probs work great for other things.
No it can be relevant for your snacking in the car thing! Instead of snacking, maybe chew a piece of gum or suck on a mint. Its the same thing as the lotion/nail bitting thing. Your used to "chewing" when driving, so chewing gum instead of whatever you snack on can work!!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:27 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

I had my morning coffee with just the SF Davinci vanilla syrup. I usually use the syrup AND 2-3 packets of Splenda. I am beginning to think I am addicted to Splenda or whatever that additive is that is in those little packets. I also have the powdered sucalose that I mix with water but my little bottle is empty and I don't seem to find the time to mix up another batch.
So two days and I have eliminated about 18 packets of Splenda from my diet. Maybe that is why the scale has dropped the past two days.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
158/152/139 JUDDD 10/28/2014
Old 04-07-2012, 07:32 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I had my morning coffee with just the SF Davinci vanilla syrup. I usually use the syrup AND 2-3 packets of Splenda. I am beginning to think I am addicted to Splenda or whatever that additive is that is in those little packets. I also have the powdered sucalose that I mix with water but my little bottle is empty and I don't seem to find the time to mix up another batch.
So two days and I have eliminated about 18 packets of Splenda from my diet. Maybe that is why the scale has dropped the past two days.
Great going and congrats on the dropping scale!
Old 04-07-2012, 07:32 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
No it can be relevant for your snacking in the car thing! Instead of snacking, maybe chew a piece of gum or suck on a mint. Its the same thing as the lotion/nail bitting thing. Your used to "chewing" when driving, so chewing gum instead of whatever you snack on can work!!!!
Great idea, thank you!
Old 04-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

I think I have already eliminated Splenda. I am drinking plain water and I only had one cup of coffee this morning and did not finish it. Looks like I am losing my desire for coffee too. ( I ised xylitol as my sweetener. Hmmm. Looks like Splenda may just increase the desire for MORE Splenda. Interesting thought. But AS are almost a thing of the past for me.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:54 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Wonderful
Adill. U are doing great. I don't have a big need for the sweeteners. I've always drank black coffee. But use fast sweet in ice tea. But don't to much. But I hope to stop that to someday. Love the zero coke and zero Pepsi. Not sure what they use. Doesn't matter to me. I'm drinking it!
I dug out my yoga mat and blocks. Brought then downstairs.
So every time I go into the living room. There they are, and i hear them say,,,,like don't forget ur going to the gym. I think Yikes but the yard needs mowed. Hummmm.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

No Splenda today either and no coffee either so no cream calories so I got to have 2 eggs for B insterad of 1. This is working well. Drinking plain water. Getting used to it pretty quickly.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:44 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

I just can't start the 21 day challenge I'm sorry.

Our yard being 11 acres I fuil of weeds and they ve. Date with the round up fluid tmw. And then onto mowing very tll grass.
I will start Thursday at the gym. And then into easy life! Ha
Old 04-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Woohoo still no snacks in the car for me I'm feeling so confident with it that I've even locked all my left over Easter chocolates in my car, cos I know I won't eat them in there! How's it going for everybody else?
Old 04-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Omg u r pushing it. Carrying around candy. More power to u.
I'm proud of u.
I know that's a hard one to break.
I start gym tmw. Yoga and pilates class.
Don't no if I can handle doing wts. I may be pushing it, like hatetowashup is doing! No pund intended.
Adill I can't imagine giving up coffee. I'd have to ask family and friends all to pray for me.
Ur doing a great job. Does coffe both u? Or u try not to have the sweet coffee, u would rather have no coffee? Go girl.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!

No Splenda or AS of any kind. No diet cokes or coffee either. I am now caffeine and AS free. At least AS and diet coke free for 5 days. Just 3 days with no coffee. Not missing any of it which surprised me.

I can't stand coffee unless it has a lot of cream and sweetener. Eliminated the AS pretty well eliminates the coffee.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:08 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Brilliant Adillenal, are you noticing a difference in how you are feeling?

I'm really suprised how easy it has been, its been nearly 2 weeks now and have skipped a lot of unnecessary snacks simply by not eating them in my car!

In fact, I am going to start a new one from today, which is to stop eating at work. I work either 7am-3pm or 3pm-11pm so I think this could be helpful in extending my DDs a bit, but the main reason is because I only ever eat crap at work, and its never because I'm hungry, just get bored and munch!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!

I am noticing that I don't want to eat as much since I eliminated Splenda in the little packets. So I don't know if it the Splenda or the additives in the packets. I used to put Spelnda packets in my yogurt since I didn't like the tart yogurt. Without Splenda I am starting to think yogurt isn't tart. Wierd. Eliminating AS has eliminated a lot of probably poor food choices too. Makes the natural healthy stuff more inviting.
I need a new habit or another bad one to break. Got to think on that one. Exercise would be the logical choice to add since I hate it so.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

YEAH for u both.
Thursday I started with Y and P classes.
justso happen my hubby couldn't make our wt. lifting time.
That did not hurt my feelings at all.
Before the Y and P class started I had worked out side at home.
So by the time classes were over... I WAS READY FOR A NAP.
Its been years since I've done yoga. And had never did P.
They r a lot like to me. but boy they aren't relaxing like I had remembered!
We worked!but in a different way. And I'm sore but thinkits from everything I do. I use to love yoga, so I'm sticking with it. I'm just more cricker/stiff than I use to be. Dah can't be my age I'm sure. Smile
TMW plan to gym again!
Hate to wash up, I hope u don't over do on under eating. Figure that sentence, huh?
At work u need to feel good, need energy.
Today is a DD for me.
WAs around my friends this weekend, They eat terrible. bring M&M, Pringles, etc. And of course I cave. But just normal serving. not like a hid the bag to eat them all myself. But still kept my wt. numbers in tack. I was surprised.
Good day
Old 04-23-2012, 05:26 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

You were right about the work thing Eieio! But for different reasons....I thought I would have no trouble cramming all my UD cals in before 3pm - but I was wrong!

So I've decided instead to change it to only eating food I've brought with me at work, because I would hate to waste my calories on the unhealthy staff dinners which are usually either pasta or chips, lol.

2 more days and I will have completed my car snacking challenge, and I have no fear that I won't complete it I really feel like I've broken the habit and will keep it up.

I'm going to make my next one to record every cigarette I smoke...my worst habit of all. I am not quite ready to quit yet but need to be realistic about how much I am smoking and how much money I am wasting on damaging my otherwise healthy body.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:00 AM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

I am still Splenda packet free. I do use a little Davinci syrup in my coffee but for some reason that does not make a difference in my appetite. When I was drinking Diet COke I felt that the canned drinks made me crave another. When I started drinking the e liter bottles with Diet Coke over ice, that slowed down and now I don't crave them at all. I got hooked on Diet Pesi a long time ago and it was VERY hard to break that habit. Wonder what they put into those drinks to do that?? Can't be caffeine since I can take coffee or leave it any day of the week.
When I wean my baby goats, I am going to start walking in the evenings during the time I would normally be feeding them. I just can't work anything else into the 24 hours I now have to work with.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:25 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

I have to confess
I just broke my new challenge to quit eating junk at work. ALREADY!
On a DD as well....

I munched my way through about half a pack of biscuits, which I don't even like or usually eat anyway, they were just there. Thought I could stop at one, but I've never been able to do that.

My last few DDs have been great, haven't eaten anything just drank coconut water and beetroot juice to help my workouts, and had felt like I totally had it cracked and felt really healthy and almost no appetite. Now I feel sick as I barely ever eat sugar and those biscuits were packed with it.

I'm just going to get to the gym carry on as if this didn't happen...will probs finish with about 700cals for the day...booo
Old 04-24-2012, 07:18 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

No worrys. LOOK HOW WELL U WERE DOING!!
I'm proud of u!
Well I have to confess and almost break of gyming today.
I asked hubby if he minded not lifting wts today?
He was fine with it.
Then few mins later,My gym partner texted me that she was back from vacation, Disney.
Ready to y and p!! So guess I'm keeping my vail. Gym bound at 11:30 am. It's best I no.
Hate to wash up. I won't tell if u don't! Good day. Ei
Old 04-24-2012, 07:25 AM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatewashingup View Post
I have to confess
I just broke my new challenge to quit eating junk at work. ALREADY!
On a DD as well....

I munched my way through about half a pack of biscuits, which I don't even like or usually eat anyway, they were just there. Thought I could stop at one, but I've never been able to do that.

My last few DDs have been great, haven't eaten anything just drank coconut water and beetroot juice to help my workouts, and had felt like I totally had it cracked and felt really healthy and almost no appetite. Now I feel sick as I barely ever eat sugar and those biscuits were packed with it.

I'm just going to get to the gym carry on as if this didn't happen...will probs finish with about 700cals for the day...booo
Hey Hannah, 700 calories is still good. Are you nearing Tom or ovulation? Because so many of us start craving things then that we normally wouldn't care about, or eating with a suddenly voracious appetite we didn't have only a day ago... it will pass. Good idea to carry on as if it didn't happen. Just go on with your normal rotation.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:27 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nickicaps
WOE: Raw Vegan
What a great idea- looks like everyone has some awesome challenges.

I am going to commit to 21 days without wheat, sugar, and gluten. It seems to be a huge trigger for me. I am going to start on May 1 just because it's easier for me to track that way. I will let you all know how it goes!
nickicaps is offline   Reply With Quote