Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 05:33 AM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cl2gas_1
Stats: 258/254/225 1st goal
WOE: JUDDD 3/26/12
Start Date: 12/20/ 03
So what is it that worked for you.. Let us in on it Please..
cl2gas_1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2012, 05:56 AM   #242
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LilliHop
Stats: 147/124, 141?!? awesome :)
WOE: newbie to juddd
Start Date: 4/17/12
new to all of this, can't wait!

Hi! I'm reposting here, as last night i posted in the other main newbie thread and didn't see this one lol!

Most times i am on here, i will be doing so on my nook tablet - please forgive any typing oddities (though i'm usually great with catching spelling errors)..seems the darned apostrophe is yet another nemesis of mine, but not as bad as some others i grew up always skinny or underweight. Stayed like that, even after 2 kids , til i was 29. A radical TAHBSO hysterectomy changed all that, and overnight, too.

I went from an anorexic looking 86lbs to a great feeling 118, maintaining it for a long time. Enter the hysterectomy,, in 4 months i ballooned up to 167. 167!?!
Holy....and it wouldn't leave.

I fought for 4 years almost to get to my newest low in 7 years - i,m at 147 now. At 5'3", my best is at 118 - 125. My arthritis is killing me. If not for the jobs i have chosen these last few months, i would still be on my way to the big 200 mark. I know it.
So DH and boys are kinda lc, but it made me feel sick and sleepy. I felt awful, andi lost nothing...the guys are doing alright tho. So since that day after surgery when .my metabolism tanked, i have had this battle against the fluffy and losing it.

My main problem will be this; i am beyond dependable and generous and nurturing to others, but to myself, i am always last if not forgotten.
I have the will to do it, but the determination of a starved squirrel on crack. Its there, but its everywhere else,too At 36, my body is not going to be ripped and fab. Not a trend chaser, so i'm good. But now, there is healthy...i dont just need that, i *want* that.
Here's to hoping juddd is the kick in the fluff surprise to my body i hope it will be, and i hope it becomes a better, permanent way of life.
Lilli
LilliHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:14 AM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cl2gas_1
Stats: 258/254/225 1st goal
WOE: JUDDD 3/26/12
Start Date: 12/20/ 03
Good Luck Lilly.. I am 73.. 6 grown kids.. Went through the hystorectomy and my metabolim is not working.. I have been on Levothyrozine for more then 10 years.. I zam trying to get some of this 251 pounds off my knees.. We can do this.. Keep at it.. This is for US,,
cl2gas_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:33 AM   #244
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: zipp2play
Stats: 206/176/164 5'8"
WOE: JUDDD
Claire, you are right....WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

First DD here for me!!!
zipp2play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:27 AM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: casmira
Lilli, you're roughly the same age and height as myself, so I'll certainly be watching your progress with interest! Best of luck!
casmira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:35 AM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Welcome to all the newbies!

And yes, if you have questions, please feel free to start a new thread where more can see it and respond.

Kissa, ROFLOL at your warning to your surgeon.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:33 AM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Jumping Up and Down...

Today I weighed...total lost is now just OVER 9 pounds!!!!
Just had to say it, so happy!!!

P.S. WELCOME to the many newbies!
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:07 AM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Beachgirl6976
Stats: (240 Highest) Starting Juddd 151/143/120 5'4"
WOE: JUDDD - Previous, LC/Atkins, 4HB, WW
Start Date: 4/8/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
Jumping Up and Down...

Beachgirl6976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:50 AM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ANGELFIRE80
WOE: VSG 12/29/10
Just thought I would come say HI!

I am on my 2nd DD and enjoying JUDDD! I had wls on 12/29/10...been stuck for 5 mos and trying to get the scale moving again so I can make goal...for now my goal is to lose 20 more lbs but we will see how I feel.
ANGELFIRE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
Quote:
Jumping Up and Down...

That is fantastic!
Showcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Jumping Up and Down...

WOWZERS!!! WTG NoWeigh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGELFIRE80 View Post

I am on my 2nd DD and enjoying JUDDD! I had wls on 12/29/10...been stuck for 5 mos and trying to get the scale moving again so I can make goal...for now my goal is to lose 20 more lbs but we will see how I feel.
Welcome Angelfire! And congrats on 100lbs lost already (in your stats)-- you look great, and I'm sure that last 20 will drop on JUDDD.

I'm new too, and when I see a 100+ loss, I'm totally inspired!

Soren
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:09 AM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Today is my second DD.

I stuck to my WW points with loads of fruit and vegetables yesterday to make up my calories, and I think that worked pretty well - I certainly didn't feel deprived or anything, and I really did eat as much as anyone could possibly want to! I slept like the dead, as well.

It may be new JUDDD zeal, but I am starting to wonder whether the effects I've read about here are starting to kick in on my down days already? Generally, by this time of day I'd be pretty hungry. I haven't eaten anything at all yet and I feel great. My tummy is aware that it's empty (I stopped eating at 6.30 yesterday evening) but I'm not feeling like I have to eat at all. I have this very strange (good) feeling, like something new is buzzing through my veins. I feel really alert and alive.

Can it happen so soon or am I just mad?
Old 04-19-2012, 03:10 AM   #253

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Jumping Up and Down...

NoWeigh hat is tremendous news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGELFIRE80 View Post

Welcome to JUDDD Angel fire, you have done so well and I feel confident that this will break your stall, and give you a great way to live your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casmira View Post
Today is my second DD.

I stuck to my WW points with loads of fruit and vegetables yesterday to make up my calories, and I think that worked pretty well - I certainly didn't feel deprived or anything, and I really did eat as much as anyone could possibly want to! I slept like the dead, as well.

It may be new JUDDD zeal, but I am starting to wonder whether the effects I've read about here are starting to kick in on my down days already? Generally, by this time of day I'd be pretty hungry. I haven't eaten anything at all yet and I feel great. My tummy is aware that it's empty (I stopped eating at 6.30 yesterday evening) but I'm not feeling like I have to eat at all. I have this very strange (good) feeling, like something new is buzzing through my veins. I feel really alert and alive.

It certainly can happen and it sounds as if you are one of the lucky ones it does happen to. I am delighted for you and I am looking forward to watching your journey.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Great news No Weigh!

Welcome Angelfire!

And yay Casmira on feeling good! Glad it's kicking in quickly for you.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:10 AM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lillianna
Stats: 233/210/150 5'6"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Every day!
Hi everyone,
I'm on JUDDD day 5 and doing okay. I've managed to stay off the scale so far -- mostly because I just can't imagine that I'm losing--I hope I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm going to wait until Sunday to weigh in.

I was doing fine up until my UD yesterday. I didn't eat much all day -- and I was looking forward to going home and making low carb pizza. I wasn't even that hungry but while I was preparing it I ate a few cookies, then while it was cooking I was nibbling the giant block of mozzarella and pepperoni, then I ate a ton of pizza --probably way over my UD limit.

I have a long history of binge eating, and I typically don't eat much at work during the day. I need to change my eating patterns to accommodate my UDs --by spreading my calories throughout the day. Tomorrow I'll plan accordingly with a good breakfast and lunch, and load up my plate with a yummy dinner to bring me up to my UD total. They I'll be finished eating for the evening. I can't trust myself to go home, knowing that I can eat over 1000 calories -- it will turn into a 4 hour food fest once I start.

I can see that this will take some planning -- and a new way of looking at food.

I'm really hoping I can be as successful as the JUDDD pros I'm reading about here : )
Lillianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #256
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sdjade
Start Date: LC 10-2011, JUDDD 04-01-2012
I am happy to report that I am down 4.2lbs since starting JUDDD on April1st! I have a lot more to lose, but this is a great start especially considering I have messed up my rotation already a couple times.

Yay for JUDDD!
sdjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjade View Post
I am happy to report that I am down 4.2lbs since starting JUDDD on April1st! I have a lot more to lose, but this is a great start especially considering I have messed up my rotation already a couple times.

Yay for JUDDD!
Well done !!!

Lillianna-- I enjoy the planning part of it-- gives me a sense of control, on both down days (to make sure I get nutrition for my calorie count, and satisfying foods) and on my up days, to make sure I get a good number of calories in, and also have good nutrition, satisfaction, and change things up a bit.

I weighed today-- down .2 Not a big deal, and I'm ok with that b/c I have been experimenting a bit with carbs this week-- had a bagel and a 1/2 on the weekend, had some Dreamfields on the next up day, had a LC english muffin today.

I'm not having cravings, so I'll chalk that up to JUDDD magic. AND since I"m not craving, having the carbs doesn't seem like such a big deal to me, KWIM?

so, (thinking as I type), that said-- if I don't care that much about the carbier/bread-ier foods, and I can have them when/if I want to, the question is, am I holding on to water and not losing on the scale?
hmmm...

Something to consider for me. Anyway-- I'm going to weigh again on Saturday morning after the Friday DD, and the won't weigh again until I get back from 1 week work trip to CA.

S.

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:58 AM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LayMiz
Stats: 229/209/145; 5'4", 59yo
WOE: 4 #s on LC, rest on JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD Apr. 16, 2012
I am on JUDDD day 4. I like how it's going so far. I come from LC, but I'm not low carbing now. Couldn't sleep first DD, but second DD, last nite, sleep was pretty good. I am surprised at how lite I already feel. I am 58, 5'4" and hoping to see under 200 some day, which I haven't seen in years!!
LayMiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:04 AM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
Quote:
Today is my second DD.

Casmira, I found the same thing coming from Weight Watchers. I lost 6.2 pounds in my first two week of JUDDD and never could have done that on WW. I wasn't hungry on my DD but on WW I wouldn't have been able to make it until dinner without eating.
Showcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillianna View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm on JUDDD day 5 and doing okay. I've managed to stay off the scale so far -- mostly because I just can't imagine that I'm losing--I hope I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm going to wait until Sunday to weigh in.

I was doing fine up until my UD yesterday. I didn't eat much all day -- and I was looking forward to going home and making low carb pizza. I wasn't even that hungry but while I was preparing it I ate a few cookies, then while it was cooking I was nibbling the giant block of mozzarella and pepperoni, then I ate a ton of pizza --probably way over my UD limit.

I have a long history of binge eating, and I typically don't eat much at work during the day. I need to change my eating patterns to accommodate my UDs --by spreading my calories throughout the day. Tomorrow I'll plan accordingly with a good breakfast and lunch, and load up my plate with a yummy dinner to bring me up to my UD total. They I'll be finished eating for the evening. I can't trust myself to go home, knowing that I can eat over 1000 calories -- it will turn into a 4 hour food fest once I start.

I can see that this will take some planning -- and a new way of looking at food.

I'm really hoping I can be as successful as the JUDDD pros I'm reading about here : )
Yes, I can see you need to be a planner. But as Soren says that is kind of fun and I agree with her about the feeling of control.

I am preparing tacos tonight and I have done the calorie counting before I eat. I realise that if I have all the shells and all the cheese I would like, along with a glass or two of wine, it will take me higher than I would like. So now I know, and will make my choices wisely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjade View Post

Yay for JUDDD!
What a lovely start for you. even with the occasional 'error', most of us find that JUDDD just works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayMiz View Post
I am on JUDDD day 4. I like how it's going so far. I come from LC, but I'm not low carbing now. Couldn't sleep first DD, but second DD, last nite, sleep was pretty good. I am surprised at how lite I already feel. I am 58, 5'4" and hoping to see under 200 some day, which I haven't seen in years!!
LayMiz You will be rejoicing in Onederland before you know it. And enjoying some wonderful food along the way.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, everyone!

That's a crazy coincidence, Tammy! I am far hungrier on up days (er, the one I've had!!) for some reason. Today was a breeze at 238 cals.

The other thing that I'm noticing is that the training from WW (tracking, weighing and planning) is coming in useful. All of that is no adjustment at all.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Manday
Stats: 250/233/130 5'3"
Start Date: 4/19/2012
Hello, all! Newbie here! I can't remember ever NOT being overweight and have been classified as morbidly obese since Middle School (according to the BMI ratings). I have counted calories, carbs, sugars, and protein, weighed everything I ate, drunk shakes for every meal, and followed every crazy fad diet. The only thing I've ever refused to do was Weight Watchers; just didn't want to have to learn the Points system !

The only time I was ever relatively sucessful was on Atkins when I used to follow Induction M-F and aim for not binging on the weekends. I just couldn't stand the idea of counting carbs and feeling horrible after indulging in things I really loved once in a great while so I abandoned that.

I recently started a standard calorie restriction with exercise (on the Wii FIT, Gold's Gym Cardio Workout, and EA Active 2). Seemed to be working OK (lost 3.4 pounds) but I really don't have time to exercise as much as I'd like so I'm hoping JUDDD will help make weight loss a little easier while I fit in exercise where I can.

Enough background. I'm heading toward the end of my first DD and really surprised at how well it went. I think I ended up at around 600 calories today (guessing on the actual size of the piece of cornbread with dinner). Looking forward to eating regular food tomorrow without worrying about it. That's what got me through today....I won't have to count anything tomorrow!

Looking forward to the journey and making friends here! Although, I lean toward lurking, so I may not post much.

Good luck everyone!!
Manday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:17 PM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Manday and congrats on your first DD!
Old 04-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks, everyone!

That's a crazy coincidence, Tammy! I am far hungrier on up days (er, the one I've had!!) for some reason. Today was a breeze at 238 cals.

The other thing that I'm noticing is that the training from WW (tracking, weighing and planning) is coming in useful. All of that is no adjustment at all.
I find myself hungrier on UD too. I think it is because I'm "allowed" to eat so I want to go crazy. On DD, I know in advance what I'm going to have for the day so I don't even really think about it much. Maybe after doing this for a month or so I will get more used to the rotations and not feel like I am cheating on every UD.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: northandcold23
Stats: 134/117/112
Quote:
Jumping Up and Down...

Woohooo - That is amazing!
northandcold23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:22 PM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
It's late, the end of a tough DD. First time it's been rough for me, I felt hungry all day. I am happy to say though that I did manage to stay within my DD limit. I weigh every morning after a DD. After today, with feeling so hungry, I wonder what the scale will say tomorrow...Will I be rewarded for my tenacity? Let's hope so! Anyway, I thought coming here and just writing about it would help, and it has!

Thanks!
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:17 AM   #267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manday View Post
Hello, all! Newbie here! I can't remember ever NOT being overweight and have been classified as morbidly obese since Middle School (according to the BMI ratings). I have counted calories, carbs, sugars, and protein, weighed everything I ate, drunk shakes for every meal, and followed every crazy fad diet. The only thing I've ever refused to do was Weight Watchers; just didn't want to have to learn the Points system !

The only time I was ever relatively sucessful was on Atkins when I used to follow Induction M-F and aim for not binging on the weekends. I just couldn't stand the idea of counting carbs and feeling horrible after indulging in things I really loved once in a great while so I abandoned that.

I recently started a standard calorie restriction with exercise (on the Wii FIT, Gold's Gym Cardio Workout, and EA Active 2). Seemed to be working OK (lost 3.4 pounds) but I really don't have time to exercise as much as I'd like so I'm hoping JUDDD will help make weight loss a little easier while I fit in exercise where I can.

Enough background. I'm heading toward the end of my first DD and really surprised at how well it went. I think I ended up at around 600 calories today (guessing on the actual size of the piece of cornbread with dinner). Looking forward to eating regular food tomorrow without worrying about it. That's what got me through today....I won't have to count anything tomorrow!

Looking forward to the journey and making friends here! Although, I lean toward lurking, so I may not post much.

Good luck everyone!!
I hope JUDDD does the trick for you as it is doing for so many here. I would say that counting on UD is recommended by all the 'old timers' here, especially at the beginning. I am assuming that you got you numbers from the Dr Johnson site? Try not to go over those UD numbers.

600 is a great first DD, well done.

Quote:
It's late, the end of a tough DD. First time it's been rough for me, I felt hungry all day. I am happy to say though that I did manage to stay within my DD limit. I weigh every morning after a DD. After today, with feeling so hungry, I wonder what the scale will say tomorrow...Will I be rewarded for my tenacity? Let's hope so! Anyway, I thought coming here and just writing about it would help, and it has!

Thanks!
But you got through it and tomorrow is a glorious UD. Always a good idea to vent a little on here if feeling grumpy.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:35 AM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Today is my second up day, and I've just had my lunch - an egg and cress sandwich, an apple and some mixed berries. I would consider this a normal, reasonably healthy lunch.

I can feel the blood gushing into my stomach to try and digest it - it's actually quite uncomfortable - I even feel a bit drowsy! I didn't expect UDs to be like that!
Old 04-20-2012, 04:37 AM   #269

An UD can be anything... all our bodies react in different ways after a 'fasting' day.

Delicious, healthy lunch by the way.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:42 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

It was utterly delicious! I find that on my UDs, I'm very focused on only eating food I LOVE!