Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #61
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Wow that is so great Sheridan, lovely Easter surprise.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #62
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Thanks, Kissa! I am loving everything about it!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:27 PM   #63
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: heather55
I would like to join. Started over April 1st. I lost 65 lbs in 2004, kept it off until 2008 when I got PG with my daughter. Gained a lot of weight and even more after she was born. I want to get health and lose weight for my health and my daughter. I really need support. My DH does not understand low carb and does the cooking.
heather55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
I'm joining in, since I'm new-- started on Saturday the 31st with an up day, and the 1st was my first dd. Yesterday was DD#4, and it was fine (had a whole 8oz of salmon for dinner) and today is an UD, and I'm only semi-stressing, b/c I hope I get to 2000 calories (I'm about about 800+ now, and can go to 2200 if I want-- I'm usually good around 2000).

I"m amazed that DD's aren't really that bad. I'm a foodie, so I miss food for the fun and flavor and all that, but knowing the UD is coming is helpful. But then, on the UD, I don't really go crazy, b/c I still like eating LC, with steaks and veggies and cheese and butter... so, thus far, it's all going well for me.
Like sterlinggirl said above, when you're actually on your UD, it's different than when you were thinking about the food on your DD.

I'm still visiting with my mom and her DH, so there's been some higher carbs on my UD's than I would have at home, and I'm just trusting in the plan that those carbs won't be weighing me down (and I'm talking about like, 36 net grams so far today, or around 100 on the Passover Seder dinner day...).

I'm not weighing till I get home and after my DD on Monday, so Tuesday morning will be the "big reveal" of a good 1 week on JUDDD.

finally-- I'm doing a lot of thinking about food, but not in a "omg I'm hungry" way (though I have to say I can't read about other people's UDs when I'm on a DD, that does make me hungry).

I'm thinking about mental vs actual hunger, about "good" vs. "bad", about "blowing the whole day" when I was strictly doing LC-- general all-or-nothing mentality. Talking to DH a lot about all of this (he's happy where he is on LC, which is cool), and he's always asking me about how I'm doing, how I'm feeling, is this helping, it seems to be working for me, etc. He's so awesome

Ok, rambling... ttfn!

Soren

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather55 View Post
I would like to join. Started over April 1st. I lost 65 lbs in 2004, kept it off until 2008 when I got PG with my daughter. Gained a lot of weight and even more after she was born. I want to get health and lose weight for my health and my daughter. I really need support. My DH does not understand low carb and does the cooking.
Hi Heather, I am not sure if you mean to do JUDDD with LC or LC on its own.

If you plan on following JUDDD then you are in the right place, if not you need to post in the Main Lobby.

Either way, and I hope you have success losing your weight.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
I'm joining in, since I'm new-- started on Saturday the 31st with an up day, and the 1st was my first dd. Yesterday was DD#4, and it was fine (had a whole 8oz of salmon for dinner) and today is an UD, and I'm only semi-stressing, b/c I hope I get to 2000 calories (I'm about about 800+ now, and can go to 2200 if I want-- I'm usually good around 2000).

I"m amazed that DD's aren't really that bad. I'm a foodie, so I miss food for the fun and flavor and all that, but knowing the UD is coming is helpful. But then, on the UD, I don't really go crazy, b/c I still like eating LC, with steaks and veggies and cheese and butter... so, thus far, it's all going well for me.
Like sterlinggirl said above, when you're actually on your UD, it's different than when you were thinking about the food on your DD.

I'm still visiting with my mom and her DH, so there's been some higher carbs on my UD's than I would have at home, and I'm just trusting in the plan that those carbs won't be weighing me down (and I'm talking about like, 36 net grams so far today, or around 100 on the Passover Seder dinner day...).

I'm not weighing till I get home and after my DD on Monday, so Tuesday morning will be the "big reveal" of a good 1 week on JUDDD.

finally-- I'm doing a lot of thinking about food, but not in a "omg I'm hungry" way (though I have to say I can't read about other people's UDs when I'm on a DD, that does make me hungry).

I'm thinking about mental vs actual hunger, about "good" vs. "bad", about "blowing the whole day" when I was strictly doing LC-- general all-or-nothing mentality. Talking to DH a lot about all of this (he's happy where he is on LC, which is cool), and he's always asking me about how I'm doing, how I'm feeling, is this helping, it seems to be working for me, etc. He's so awesome

Ok, rambling... ttfn!

Soren
What a great DH you have. I am so glad you are finding the JUDDD DDs quite easy. Enjoy your time with your family.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:19 PM   #67
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mizbooth
Stats: 223/210/150
WOE: Atkins 02/21/2012
Start Date: JUDDD 04/06/2012
This is my 3rd day on JUDDD. Today is a DD, which isn't a problem because my daughter is with her dad for Easter and I'm by myself My first DD went fine, but today I am hungry, but holding strong!
I had gastric bypass surgery 8 years ago. WOW, I just had to stop and think when I had it, and can't believe it's been that long! My highest weight before surgery was 325 lbss. I lost 145 lbs in about 12 months. I got down to 180 lbs and stayed there for about 4 years, then the lbs started creeping back on. I managed to gain about 45 lbs back. After my surgery, my diet HAD to be high in protein, as I had to consume more than the average person to mainain sufficient protein levels due to absorption issues. After a while, I slacked off and didn't keep up with the proper amount of protein, nor was I taking my vitamans like I was supposed to, and landed in the hospital with pernicious anemia. I had to have a blood transfusion because my iron was so low it wouldn't even register on the test my doctor did. My blood work had to be sent to the hospital lab for testing. Long story short, I learned my lesson and take my vitamans and watch my protein intake seriously now. Since my "recent" weight gain, I have been doing low carb off and on for a couple of years with a little succes here and there. I would lose the intial water weight and maybe a little more and get frustrated and lose interest. I started it (basically Atkins) again this last February with more determination than ever, including lots of exercise which I don't normally do. I lost about 13 pounds in 4 weeks, then stalled for 2 weeks. I had been a lurker on LCF for a while and started looking at other plans and stumbled across JUDDD. I can't tell you how excited I am to have found you guys! Even while I'm sitting here typing with my stomach growling, I believe this is the plan for me! LOL I've read soooo many success stories that are so inspiring! It's jsut going to take me some time to get used to counting calories, as I have been counting carbs for so long! I do have a question about exercise. Do you exercise every day, or just on UD's? Or at all?

I'm going to go eat now. I have 163 calories left for the day :-)
mizbooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:17 AM   #68

Mizbooth.

You have had a roller coaster of a journey, haven't you? I really do hope that the combination of high protein and JUDDD works for you, and I can see no earthly reason why it shouldn't.

As to the exercise, we all do what works for us. There are some serious exercisers here who exercise everyday and others, like me, who try to do it 3 times a week but often fail!

I have never felt that I had difficulty because of my calorie restriction.

Post often, see you around the board.

Last edited by Kissa; 04-09-2012 at 03:42 AM..
Old 04-09-2012, 06:07 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: HawkeyeJR
Good morning everyone, I finished my first full week on JUDDD and I have lost 4 pounds since last Sunday. Yesterday I stayed true to the plan and had my usual DD in spite of being invited to a couple of Easter dinners.
I took your advice Kissa and didn't change my UD & DD so early in my plan and I was rewarded for it. I am so happy with a 4 pound loss for my first week. Thanks for your great advice.
HawkeyeJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:34 AM   #70
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: free2b
Stats: 248/225/180
Start Date: March 2012
Hi everyone,

I am new too. I'm into my 4th week, now. I lost 7 pounds in three weeks --most of it the first week. I do DD- M, W, F. Today is a DD and I'm sticking to eggs, lite cheese, broth and Boca Burgers. Last week I had too much cabbage one day and really paid for it! So, I'm still learning about myself--what works, what dosn't. Must say, I am very happy with this WOE and very happy to have found this forum!
free2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:19 AM   #71
Blabbermouth!!!

WOOT for Janice!! KUTGW!!
Old 04-09-2012, 07:27 AM   #72
Blabbermouth!!!

mizbooth!

free2b!

So glad to have you join us! This way of living has already changed my life for the better in just a couple of weeks , and hope you love it as much as I do.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #73
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: HawkeyeJR
Thank you Sheridan. You post made me laugh.
to Mizbooth and Free2be also.

Free2be, you are doing great. 7 pounds in 3 weeks is really good!
This is a great place to learn about the plan and everyone is so nice!

Mizbooth, You really have gone through a lot in your weight loss journey. I hope this plan will work out for you in every way.
Keep reading those success stories to keep you motivated. Good luck to you!
HawkeyeJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wormie1978
Stats: 236/208.6/158
WOE: Atkins/Lower Calorie
Start Date: on and off since 2003
I am new too. I posted a message in the main area, but I will join the April newbies. I do not have a starting weight. The last time I weighed myself while doing atkins, I was 208.6, but then out of frustration ( I was 216 when starting january 1st, see how my progress is, ugh), I ate what I wanted all weekend. Out with friends, a wedding, and easter food. I tried to get a beginning weight, but my scale is going through some sort of emotional upset. It said I was 177, yeah right, I wish and it kept these crazy numbers like 6 times in a row, with the highest being 189. Totally bogus! so, I will be off to buy a new scale come payday. Until then, I will go by how my clothes fit.

I have a closet full of 12's and 14's that I would LOVE LOVE to wear. I have also been saving my Christmas present (a CATO gift Card) to when I lose a lot.

I am doing a DD today, day 1. I was planning on doing straight rotation, but I have a standing date night with a friend on Tuesday nights. I would love to keep my UD on Tuesdays? How does that work?
wormie1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormie1978 View Post
I am new too. I posted a message in the main area, but I will join the April newbies. I do not have a starting weight. The last time I weighed myself while doing atkins, I was 208.6, but then out of frustration ( I was 216 when starting january 1st, see how my progress is, ugh), I ate what I wanted all weekend. Out with friends, a wedding, and easter food. I tried to get a beginning weight, but my scale is going through some sort of emotional upset. It said I was 177, yeah right, I wish and it kept these crazy numbers like 6 times in a row, with the highest being 189. Totally bogus! so, I will be off to buy a new scale come payday. Until then, I will go by how my clothes fit.

I have a closet full of 12's and 14's that I would LOVE LOVE to wear. I have also been saving my Christmas present (a CATO gift Card) to when I lose a lot.

I am doing a DD today, day 1. I was planning on doing straight rotation, but I have a standing date night with a friend on Tuesday nights. I would love to keep my UD on Tuesdays? How does that work?
Wormie!! Sorry about the death of your scale. May she RIP. (If it's digital, did you try putting a new battery in it??)

It is strongly suggested that for at least the first 2 weeks you stick to your UD/DD rotations. Doing that for a week, you may actually find that by next week, on Tuesday, you can stick with your DD that day and then just make choices that keep you within your DD range (20% to 35% or even 45% is still a DD and gives you lots and lots of wiggle room every now and then when you really need it).

Do some research and see if you can figure out some foods and drinks that are low in calories and will still allow you a DD night out every 2 weeks and the other in between Tuesdays will be UDs.

That being said, if you absolutely need to change that rotation you can insert a MD (medium day). The MD is the average of your UD and DD calories. Just add those 2 together and divide by 2. You will end up right in the middle of your UD and DD calorie range. The correct sequence when adding a MD is to insert it following a DD. So the rotation goes: DD/MD/UD in that order (small/medium/large). Doing it the other way does not work too well because MDs don't nourish us enough to get us through a DD. HTH!

I assume you have been to the JUDD site and calculated your calories. Right?

Sounds like you are on the right track and will do well!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: InTheLight
Stats: 255/235/160 -- 5'7" tall
WOE: Low carb/cutting back
Start Date: Re-starting strong!! June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice30 View Post
Good morning everyone, I finished my first full week on JUDDD and I have lost 4 pounds since last Sunday. Yesterday I stayed true to the plan and had my usual DD in spite of being invited to a couple of Easter dinners.
I took your advice Kissa and didn't change my UD & DD so early in my plan and I was rewarded for it. I am so happy with a 4 pound loss for my first week. Thanks for your great advice.
Hi Jan!! I am sooooo proud of you for your weight loss!!!!! You are doing wonderful, and know that this is our answer for good, solid weight loss that will come off and stay off, wooohoooo!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2b View Post
Hi everyone,

I am new too. I'm into my 4th week, now. I lost 7 pounds in three weeks --most of it the first week. I do DD- M, W, F. Today is a DD and I'm sticking to eggs, lite cheese, broth and Boca Burgers. Last week I had too much cabbage one day and really paid for it! So, I'm still learning about myself--what works, what dosn't. Must say, I am very happy with this WOE and very happy to have found this forum!
Wow, that is amazing, excellent weight loss!!!!!! We are happy you found this forum too, welcome to the family!!
InTheLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Welcome to all the newbies! So good to see so many joining in this great woe.

Wormie, many restaurants have nutrition info online, so maybe you could pick a place that has low cal options, and you wouldn't have to change the rotation. If you can fast most of the day, relying on hot tea, coffee, broth to get through.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wormie1978
Stats: 236/208.6/158
WOE: Atkins/Lower Calorie
Start Date: on and off since 2003
Thank you. Well, the day is not over and I am already at 461 cals. ugh! my dd was suppose to be 413. I got so hungry for lunch. I looked up a fast food salad, but then ended up going to a different fast food place and tried to mimic what i saw=nope, the cals were much higher. I went with someone else, so it wasn't really up to me on where we went. I think I will be okay the rest of the day. I was planning on eating a meal bar-150 cals for dinner, but not now. I will probably just have broth.
wormie1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
I'm doing DD #5 (I think?) and just drove 6hrs from Montreal to Toronto-- I had my 2 HB eggs, and a whole kohlrabi, sliced... I also had a green iced tea, a coke zero, and a nestea iced tea 0 cal. My plan for dinner is miracle noodles with peanut butter/coconut davinci/thai chili paste, and some chicken or other protein.

However, I'm hungry now so I'm having a hot (caffeine free!) tea with splenda, and will have another if I need to.

this plan lands me at 517 (depending on the actual size the kohlrabi was, and I'm not sure, so I looked up the average) cals for the day.

Interesting reading about the MD or just upping the cals for a DD... next Sunday I have brunch at a friend's house, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with it...
Soren
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mamasooze
Stats: 225/170's/150
WOE: Low carb, wheat-free, mostly paleo
Start Date: AUG 2011
Ok y'all. I'm mamasooze from the paleo/primal threads I love my pp way of eating and have done quite well sticking to it. Have lost about 25 lbs since August, starting out low carb and gradually entering pp via Mark Sissons MDA. I was a size 16 in August and can now shimmy into my size 10 jeans. My problem is that my needle seems to be stuck and I need a jump start of some kind. I want to JUDD with a pp pantry but I think I'm over thinking this too much.

When I see that "461 calories down day" I get extremely nervous and flash back to ******* (shudder). I can paleo the up days by adding brown rice, olive oil, sweet potatoes, butter, nuts, gin No problem. But when I think less than 500 cal a day I break into a sweat and think of all the "******* stuff"- finger grabs of salad, egg whites, spray salad dressings, naked chicken breast, headaches, fasting, string cheese, Crystal Lite, watching every calorie, sf cherry jello. I eat so healthy now. Don't know that I can do those down days. HELP!

I am beginning to understand how to handle JUDD with special occasions, weekends, parties and doing the middle days- great advice everyone- But how can I get past those down days without being a KWAZY person?

Am I over thinking this?
mamasooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #81

Late at night here, but I promise to answer tomorrow when my brain is in gear x
Old 04-09-2012, 04:08 PM   #82
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasooze View Post
Ok y'all. I'm mamasooze from the paleo/primal threads I love my pp way of eating and have done quite well sticking to it. Have lost about 25 lbs since August, starting out low carb and gradually entering pp via Mark Sissons MDA. I was a size 16 in August and can now shimmy into my size 10 jeans. My problem is that my needle seems to be stuck and I need a jump start of some kind. I want to JUDD with a pp pantry but I think I'm over thinking this too much.

When I see that "461 calories down day" I get extremely nervous and flash back to ******* (shudder). I can paleo the up days by adding brown rice, olive oil, sweet potatoes, butter, nuts, gin No problem. But when I think less than 500 cal a day I break into a sweat and think of all the "******* stuff"- finger grabs of salad, egg whites, spray salad dressings, naked chicken breast, headaches, fasting, string cheese, Crystal Lite, watching every calorie, sf cherry jello. I eat so healthy now. Don't know that I can do those down days. HELP!

I am beginning to understand how to handle JUDD with special occasions, weekends, parties and doing the middle days- great advice everyone- But how can I get past those down days without being a KWAZY person?

Am I over thinking this?
My suggestion is that you delve into the DD recipe thread and start seeing all the wonderful stuff you can eat that is healthy and filling on a DD.

I don't really know what the kk thingie is about. I've only heard people talking about it and it was some kind of a scam that said eating disorders like anexoria were the way to go?? Anyway, forget about that.

JUDD is a healthy WOE and to calm your fears you should do a google search for IF (Intermittent Fasting) and the health benefits.

I highly recommend you get your hands on a copy of Dr. Johnson's book (The Alternate Day Diet). By the way, he has a whole section full of DD recipes and I think he has a month long eating plan for every DD, breakfast, lunch and dinner. You will be very pleased, encouraged and your mind will be eased when you take a look at that.

You could also read the Fast 5 book and "The Warrior Diet". Lots more info on IF although they both give the option of simply eating very low calorie or no calorie during the day and then consuming the majority of your daily calories in a 5 hour window from about 5 pm to 10 pm.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Am I over thinking this?
I do JUDDD primal. Started in Aug 2011 and had no idea my no sugar, no flour, no starchy veggies actually had a name. Lost 20 pounds by Dec, and then stalled. Started JUDDD 1/13, lost the last 3 pounds to goal, maintained for 6 weeks and decided to lose 4 more, which I've done in the past 2 weeks.

I was diagnosed with allergies to eggs and dairy in Feb which threw a wrench in the works, but I've adjusted. Before the allergy diagnosis, my menu was typically eggs (1 whole, 2 whites) for breakfast, salad with either shrimp or chicken and Bolthouse Farms dressing, and dinner was lean protein (chicken/fish) and veggies. For snacks, I'd have hard boiled eggs, or broth with an egg white stirred in. Sometimes lunch was the cabbage dish (usually cabbage, shrimp and 1 TBSP of the philly cooking cream).

Since I can't have most of that now, I tend to fast through breakfast and just have decaf coffee and water with lemon. Lunch is still a salad, but I make my own dressing with Veganaise, vinegar, rice milk and spices. And supper is the same too (whatever protein everyone else is eating and stir fry veggies.

Totally possible to do 500 cals without frankenfoods or artificial sweeteners.

I had such great hunger suppression from being primal for so long, the dd's were actually easier than trying to get in enough calories on my UD's.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #84

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:
But when I think less than 500 cal a day I break into a sweat and think of all the "******* stuff"- finger grabs of salad, egg whites, spray salad dressings, naked chicken breast, headaches, fasting, string cheese, Crystal Lite, watching every calorie, sf cherry jello.
Don't forget SNATT and "you have to want it bad enough"
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Oh Tina! That really IS a lovely dress! Your grandmother has exquisite taste and YOU LOOK MAAAARVELOUS!!!
gotsomeold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tricialy
Stats: 196/151/130
WOE: HHCG
Start Date: October, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I am finishing up my first DD - I lost about 60 lbs. on HCG (5 rounds over 15 months) - went on Spring Break vacation and came back with an extra 5 lbs - that won't go away. Was planning to start JUDDD to maintain after my vacation, waited a few weeks to try to lose those 5 lbs. I had gained from my trip - finally took the plunge and finished my first DD today - I was really hungry by dinnertime - but got my hair done after work, so didn't get home until nearly 7 PM - so, I think I would have been happier today had I been home to eat earlier - I just keep telling myself tomorrow is an up day and I can make it through tonight.

My menu for today:
B: 1/2 cup cottage cheese w/2 TBL Pace thick N Chunky salsa (100 calories)
L: 1 can green beans (70 calories) and 1/2 cup cucumber (16 calories)
S: 1 cup Strawberries (50 calories)
D: Grilled Chicken Breast (128), 1 cup cauliflower (40 calories) and small unsweetened Applesauce (50)

Looking forward to tomorrow and my UD - I've been Low Carbing it for most of the time between HCG rounds and see wild spikes when I re-introduce carbs, so I might just try to do it a tiny bit at a time.

Wow - didn't mean to write a book - thanks for all the awesome advice you guys have posted.

Last edited by Tricialy; 04-09-2012 at 06:01 PM..
Tricialy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:13 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
Don't forget SNATT and "you have to want it bad enough"
Wearin my t-shirt now. NOT!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:27 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
I do JUDDD primal. Started in Aug 2011 and had no idea my no sugar, no flour, no starchy veggies actually had a name. Lost 20 pounds by Dec, and then stalled. Started JUDDD 1/13, lost the last 3 pounds to goal, maintained for 6 weeks and decided to lose 4 more, which I've done in the past 2 weeks.

I was diagnosed with allergies to eggs and dairy in Feb which threw a wrench in the works, but I've adjusted. Before the allergy diagnosis, my menu was typically eggs (1 whole, 2 whites) for breakfast, salad with either shrimp or chicken and Bolthouse Farms dressing, and dinner was lean protein (chicken/fish) and veggies. For snacks, I'd have hard boiled eggs, or broth with an egg white stirred in. Sometimes lunch was the cabbage dish (usually cabbage, shrimp and 1 TBSP of the philly cooking cream).

Since I can't have most of that now, I tend to fast through breakfast and just have decaf coffee and water with lemon. Lunch is still a salad, but I make my own dressing with Veganaise, vinegar, rice milk and spices. And supper is the same too (whatever protein everyone else is eating and stir fry veggies.

Totally possible to do 500 cals without frankenfoods or artificial sweeteners.

I had such great hunger suppression from being primal for so long, the dd's were actually easier than trying to get in enough calories on my UD's.
I think I can do fasting thru breakfast. Using canned coconut milk in 2 coffees and am satisfied till mid day if I'm busy. Can try hi pro pudding and salad at lunch. I just don't want DH to think I've reverted to ******* when picking at salad and weighing 3 oz protein, spraying salads and shunning food in general. I do feed him healthy stuff, just more. *******, while successful at letting me lose weight, was a huge BAD social experience. Came close to having eating disorder, luckily had committed only 90 days to it and stopped before real damage was done

Watching threads mykidsteacher. Thanks to all encouragement!!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Nancy.

I have no clue what ******* is, but I haven't sprayed a single salad ever. LOL

It was a lot at the beginning, because I came from not counting anything with paleo (didn't count carbs or calories), so I felt like I thought about food all.the.time. But, I eat the same stuff, so after a couple weeks, I knew the calorie counts for the foods I tend to eat, and it was much easier to put together a menu. I just sit down with ************ first thing in the morning, enter what I plan to eat, make sure it comes up with the calorie number I'm going for, and I'm on my way. If you need to go out on a dd, try to look up the nutrition info for the rest. beforehand to find a meal that can work for you. Because you can eat anything within your calorie numbers, it's way more flexible than lc.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:52 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: aarosali
Stats: 172.4/172.4/150's 5'9"
WOE: HCG/JUDDD
Start Date: 3/25/12
Thanks for pointing me to this thread. I had a UD weekend and gained each day. Exercised on Sunday (walked 5 miles), no exercise today. Had a good DD of 372 cals. No major hunger. I'm an hcg transplant, so of course I weighed myself after dinner to see what was happening. I was down 2 lbs, so the 'bounce' is happening. It'll be interesting to see how many of the weekend cals disappear after one DD.

Already planning tomorrow's menu to be sure I hit at least 1900 cals. Then another low DD on Wed. Fingers and toes crossed.
aarosali is offline   Reply With Quote