Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 05:46 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CharlotteChick
Stats: 164/147/140
WOE: Post-hcg/high fat/low carbs
Start Date: JUDD: March 27, 2012 :-)
to all the other Newbies!

Today's a DD for me, tomorrow I'll do my first MD (1050 cals) and then Easter will be an UD.

JUDDD should be called The Bouncing Ball WOE. The scale sure bounces!

How do you all put signatures on your posts????

Thanks and Happy Easter!
CharlotteChick is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 48 5'9.. 11-18-14 #176.
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Wow Chefdeb 7 pds is amazing!!!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sdjade
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: LC 10-2011, JUDDD 04-01-2012
Well, I had my third DD yesterday and I'm still working out how to time my eating with workouts and everything else. By the time I went to bed last night I was super hungry, but stuck to my guns and ended under 600cal for the day which is what I'm targeting right now. Today is an UD and I have a friend coming in town for the weekend so yay!

In other happy news, I hit a new low for the year...even if it is only 0.2lbs less than my previous low I'm counting it!
sdjade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:38 AM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
WTG Showcats & ChefDeb!! Woohooo!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
Yesterday I managed to make it in under 500 (491) and it was easier than the first two DD which weren't THAT hard. I'm amazed at how much better I feel after a DD.
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #36
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteChick View Post

Today's a DD for me, tomorrow I'll do my first MD (1050 cals) and then Easter will be an UD.

Thanks and Happy Easter!
Hope you enjoy your MD and that it goes well.

To add a siggie,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjade View Post
Well, I had my third DD yesterday and I'm still working out how to time my eating with workouts and everything else. By the time I went to bed last night I was super hungry, but stuck to my guns and ended under 600cal for the day which is what I'm targeting right now. Today is an UD and I have a friend coming in town for the weekend so yay!

In other happy news, I hit a new low for the year...even if it is only 0.2lbs less than my previous low I'm counting it!
Oh yes, count it, count it, count it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
Yesterday I managed to make it in under 500 (491) and it was easier than the first two DD which weren't THAT hard. I'm amazed at how much better I feel after a DD.
That is just great NoWeigh! Mostly I love DDs, but now and again they are tough.

You are all doing so well.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #37

Quote:

Thanks and Happy Easter!
Hope you enjoy your MD and that it goes well.

To add a siggie, go to User Control Panel, go to Signature, and put in what you like. I am not entirely sure if you need to have more posts before you can add one, but if so, keep posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjade View Post

Oh yes, count it, count it, count it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoWeigh View Post
That is just great NoWeigh! Mostly I love DDs, but now and again they are tough.

You are all doing so well.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #38

Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
Quote:

Thanks and Happy Easter!

From the TOS:

Quote:
Members also gain the ability to add images to their Signature after 60 days and 60 posts.
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #39

Thanks Pami.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: stargazer
Stats: 190/166/147 5' 10"
WOE: Juddd/ Dukan
Start Date: March 2012
Hi, I'm Sue from Oxford in the UK. Been JUDDDing for three weeks now and lost 2lbs. I do two UDs at the weekend at the moment and struggle to keep to 500 on DDs so I'm easing into keeping the calories down.

Easter is hard to do DD on as I am cooking and eating with visiting family. I've had a MD today. Nothing until 1.00pm and the using my feelings of hunger to keep on track. I'll try to stick to MD calories until Monday when the chocolate eggs are given!

Looking forward to getting back to DDs next week.
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: HawkeyeJR
Chef Deb! WOW! that is a fantastic loss in such a short time. Congratulation and to our thread and to a really great way of eating. KUTGW!
I am having a great time meeting everyone and hearing so many happy people. Loveit!
HawkeyeJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:07 PM   #42

JUDDD makes people happy.

Stargazer, you are doing fine. You have to make it work for you, this is not a race.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Today is day 13 for me. The first migraine I've had since starting JUDDD (no thanks to evil evil splenda, grrrr). So, I went a bit above my DD calories, but still came in at about 600, mostly protein. Lesson learned, if I want something sweet, just eat the real thing. No more chemical crap!!!
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bigj_bigj86
Start Date: 4/1/12
im a newbie!

My names Jason and I live in kansas city Missouri. I am getting frustrated because all of the stores in my area have stoped carrying low carb products. All the low carb stores have closed down...it sad because I read through some of the old threads and they talk about running to the store and picking up things like low carb bread, ice cream, cheesecake and pies. I can't even find a low carb baking mix. Anyone in here in the kansas city area? And know where they still sell these items and or more? Also how do you start a new thread?
bigj_bigj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
you should be able to start a thread on the main page of th sub forum youd like.

you will probably b best served by creating a list an buying online. i cant believe all the low carb options have vanished also. pretty muchsucks. i liked a lot of carb option products
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:41 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Texas Girl
Stats: 174/153/151 - 5'7"
WOE: Low carb eating
Start Date: March 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj_bigj86 View Post
My names Jason and I live in kansas city Missouri. I am getting frustrated because all of the stores in my area have stoped carrying low carb products. All the low carb stores have closed down...it sad because I read through some of the old threads and they talk about running to the store and picking up things like low carb bread, ice cream, cheesecake and pies. I can't even find a low carb baking mix. Anyone in here in the kansas city area? And know where they still sell these items and or more? Also how do you start a new thread?
There are no official stores in the Atlanta area either but I love ordering from Netrition.com. Flat rate of $4.95 shipping and I usually receive my orders in about 3 days. Products are wrapped and protected against damage......they offer a ton of products and have consumer reviews for all of the products so I rarely order something that I don't like. The best is Mama Lupe's low carb tortillas....love them.

I have also ordered some things from Linda's Diet Delites (seems more mom and pop) - also good service. I usually get some type of low carb sweets from Linda's which I eat every now and then. I love the Golden Star Bakery Low Carb Cookies. - Chocolate Chip. They are pretty big and I put them in the microwave for about 20 seconds and they are awesome. They really fill me up if I have coffee etc. with them. If artificial sweetners hurt your stomach, don't order them.

Good luck!
Texas Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:51 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

To add a siggie, go to User Control Panel, go to Signature, and put in what you like. I am not entirely sure if you need to have more posts before you can add one, but if so, keep posting!

Thank you! As soon as I come up with something creative, I'll give it a try

Happy Easter!
Old 04-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Thank you for the info. Happy Easter!
Old 04-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Today is DD #4. It is the FIRST day that I will be spending away from home since starting JUDD. I'm leaving soon, going to be spending the afternoon with a friend, an hour or so from home.

I don’t really want to “explain” my woe to her. She’s going to want to grab lunch. I was really worried about how to handle this until I remembered that she actually likes McDonalds. I went to their site hoping to find ANYTHING that was DD appropriate. I was happy to find that DD are doable, even at McDonalds!

Premium Caesar Salad (without chicken) - 90 calories

Newman's Own Low Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette - 35 calories

OR

Apple Dippers with Low Fat Caramel Dip - 100 calories

OR…

Small Latte with Sugar Free Vanilla Syrup - 60 calories

I now feel armed with information and prepared to succeed! The key is to check nutrition menus before going!
Old 04-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #50

Yay, macds have their place too. Nice!
Old 04-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
Day 15 for me. Today was a DD that almost turned into a MD, but I kept telling myself to hang in there and I can eat whatever I like tomorrow.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Hey bigj86 I live in a small town and sometimes have trouble finding special foods. Don't forget we live in an online world and that's where we can go to get what we need. It just takes a little longer. This is the end of my second week on juddd. I've lost 4lbs so far. I'm happy, it has broken a two month stall on Adkins. Yay! And I love all my new Juddd Buddds!
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Smart thinking, NoWeigh! Hope you had a good visit with your friend.

I don't know if I belong on this thread as an April n00b or not. I started 3/22. But what the heck, I'll post what's been going on.

I am loving this more each day. I feel really good, the arthritis that sometimes bothers me when I'm even a little bit active has not shown up even though I have been working full-tilt on landscaping and working in my garden. Can't remember the last time I worked from morning until it's too dark to see good enough to plant or trim or tote big bags of mulch or haul another load of limbs to the curb for pickup! It's been in the low 80's the past few weeks here and I've been a whirling dervish getting this yard whipped into shape, and I'm loving every single minute of it. I haven't had a "blank canvas" to pretty up and 'paint' with flowers and shrubs in so long, I'm like a kid on Christmas morning. So, yes, I'm getting plenty of exercise! And it's the kind I really like.

And the really cool thing is, even on my DD's I have lots of energy - TONS of energy! The last 3 DD's have turned into water only fasting days because I was working outside, time got away from me, and I just wasn't hungry and it hasn't bothered me the least little bit. That blows me away because when I was exclusively low-carbing I would feel bad - weak, light-headed, felt like all the stuffin' was pulled out of me - any time I hadn't eaten a fairly substantial breakfast and lunch. Not now, though.

Yesterday (Friday) was an UD and we had a nice supper of pork chops doctored up w/ tex-mex spices and salsa, a salad, cucumbers and . . . RICE. I love rice, plain w/ a little butter and salt and pepper or doctored up, I love it. Rice was something I often craved when strictly low-carbing, and when I would fall off the wagon, it's something I'd eat, but felt so guilty. NO GUILT last night! Had juice from the pork chops, a little salsa and a nice dollop of sour cream on top of a generous scoop of rice and it was fabulous. Went to bed thinking I shouldn't step on the scale in the morning because surely I'd be bouncing up a pound or three because of the rice and salty spices...

Well, I felt "skinny" this morning when I got up, so I decided what the heck and stepped on the scale. I'm usually NOT a daily weigher; the scale can really mess with my head and I usually tend to weigh once a week or so. I was down a pound. After an UD the day before. And I'd eaten RICE. YeeHawwwwww!

So after it got dark this evening (and I forced myself to come inside, LOL), before I hopped into the shower I stepped on the scale again. This is something I *never* do - weigh in the evening. But I felt THIN (er) than I had even this morning, and I was brave. And curious. And another whole pound down from this morning! The most important part - I FEEL GREAT.

I love this. It is THE easiest "diet" I've ever been on and the best thing I've done for myself in a long time. Getting all of the calories in on UD's is the hardest part, but I'm mindful that that is such an important part of this, so I'm managing to eat the allotment. I don't feel deprived, have no cravings, am not hungry on DD's, I sleep better (big, much needed improvement), arthritis isn't nagging at me... and I'm losing fat! What more could I ask for??
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 02:18 AM   #54

Hi Lisa, good to see you.

Muff, you are doing so well. Lovely seeing the end of a stall like that.

Sheridan I love your happy, happy post. One of the best things about JUDDD for me is sharing all the joy I find on this forum. You are a star!
Old 04-08-2012, 07:45 AM   #55
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SportFat
I'm new

I have been JUDDDing for 3 weeks and have lost 5 lbs.

I DD Mon and Weds. I exericse those days too, HTI, so thats 5 minutes of high intensity something, usually kickboxing a heavy bag.

DD = 500Kcals - 73 kcals exercise = 430 kcals x 2

I sort of MD on Friday so I can eat normally with family over the weekend.

MD = 250kcals in daytime and another 600kcals evening meals, plus HTI exercise.

MD = 850 kcals - 73 kcals = 777 kcals x 1

UD = gym days, Tues, Thurs, Sat and Sun with 30 mins aerobic, low intensity on Tues and Thurs

UD = 2000kcals - 220 kcals exercise x 2 = 8000 - 440 = 7560kcals

So that is 9200kcals per week

Maintaining should be about 2000 per day = 14000.
Deficit of 4800 = about 1.5lbs per week loss

I like this, it is easy enough to work out and follow. I read the book, website and lots of blogs before I started and made some decisions about modifying it to meet my lifestyle needs.

I'm hoping I will continue to meet my targets and will be here a lot to get as much support as I can!
SportFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:17 AM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: HawkeyeJR
HAPPY EASTER to everyone. I am sticking with my DD today and will not have an Easter dinner today. I just started this week so I want to stay true to my eating schedule. There is always tomorrow right?
HawkeyeJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DianeDelgado
Stats: 199/176.2/145
WOE: Atkins 1/2009
Start Date: JUDD 1/2013
Good morning, and Happy Easter!
My name is Diane and I started JUDD last Monday, 4/2. I weigh myself every day, and today I had lost 3lbs. Although yesterday was a DD, that is the lowest I have been in 6 months. As I said on the stickey newbie thread, I hope to do this WOE LC, because I truly believe LC is the healthiest way to live. Thank you to everyone who have been so welcoming.
DianeDelgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:49 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Wishing my newbie JUDD buds a Happy Easter!

Heading out for an UD breakfast with my gal pal, then we are going to spend the day doing creative stuff -- fun!
Old 04-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportFat View Post
I have been JUDDDing for 3 weeks and have lost 5 lbs.

I DD Mon and Weds. I exericse those days too, HTI, so thats 5 minutes of high intensity something, usually kickboxing a heavy bag.

DD = 500Kcals - 73 kcals exercise = 430 kcals x 2

I sort of MD on Friday so I can eat normally with family over the weekend.

MD = 250kcals in daytime and another 600kcals evening meals, plus HTI exercise.

MD = 850 kcals - 73 kcals = 777 kcals x 1

UD = gym days, Tues, Thurs, Sat and Sun with 30 mins aerobic, low intensity on Tues and Thurs

UD = 2000kcals - 220 kcals exercise x 2 = 8000 - 440 = 7560kcals

So that is 9200kcals per week

Maintaining should be about 2000 per day = 14000.
Deficit of 4800 = about 1.5lbs per week loss

I like this, it is easy enough to work out and follow. I read the book, website and lots of blogs before I started and made some decisions about modifying it to meet my lifestyle needs.

I'm hoping I will continue to meet my targets and will be here a lot to get as much support as I can!
Sportfat, it looks to me as if you have done your research very carefully. Brilliant. Looking forward to seeing you posting often and making more great progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice30 View Post
HAPPY EASTER to everyone. I am sticking with my DD today and will not have an Easter dinner today. I just started this week so I want to stay true to my eating schedule. There is always tomorrow right?
Good for you Janice, as you say, there is always tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeDelgado View Post
Good morning, and Happy Easter!
My name is Diane and I started JUDD last Monday, 4/2. I weigh myself every day, and today I had lost 3lbs. Although yesterday was a DD, that is the lowest I have been in 6 months. As I said on the stickey newbie thread, I hope to do this WOE LC, because I truly believe LC is the healthiest way to live. Thank you to everyone who have been so welcoming.

Hi Diane, and Happy Easter to you too. I am so pleased to see you losing already. Enjoy the journey!
Old 04-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Cue up a blast from the past. . .

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one bites the dust

Stepped on the scale this morning not really expecting any more of a drop from yesterday but I was happily surprised!

to all the new peeps! Read the threads here on the forum to get support, encouragement and terrific ideas, respect the JUDDD rotations and calorie allotments . . . and, to paraphrase another oldie, "You will, you will ROCK YOU"!

My best to all!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote