Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: speds
How do you do it? Advice please...

I'm in awe of you all. I need guidance here.

I'm about a week in to this WOE and I'm not losing - as a point of fact I seem to be bouncing up a bit even after a dd. I lost after my first dd but not since. I'm diligent about staying under 500 on the dd but I'd be a bald-faced liar if I said this wasn't torture. I don't really count calories on the up days but I "behave" myself. I thought the whole basis was to not "diet" but to be reasonable so that's what I have even doing.

This is where I need your expertise:
1. Does this get easier? These dd are pure hell for me by the evening I could eat the contents of my cats' litter box (I don't LOL)

2. I thought this WOE would make me LESS Food obsessed but I seem to be the exact opposite. I think about food all the time especially on the DD.

I Have not read the book will try to get it from the library this weekend but in the meantime what is wrong with me!?! Am I a feak?
speds is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Aw, Speds, nope, you're NOT a freak! Please let us know your information - your height, weight, age, etc. - the things you put in the JUDDD calculator. We'll help you out here.

Adding: Often the results do not show up in Week #1.. but let us know all the info you can so we can double-check that you're off to the optimal start.

Last edited by sophiethecat; 04-04-2012 at 06:27 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
and if you were on a different WOE before this
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: babykinz
WOE: LCishJUDDD
And what you are eating on your DD. Do you measure, and record every single bite. I know it sounds annoying but it really helps. There are a lot of free sites that you can keep track of this... personally I like ******.

NOt saying you will need to measure everything forever, once you get an idea you can eyeball something and have a good idea how much it is, but at first it helps.

hang in , help is coming!
babykinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: GingerAnn
WOE: Atkins
I am by no means an expert but in my experience...

I can promise you it does get better... drink some water, lemon water, herbal tea w/o sweetener to keep yourself full. When you feel those pangs of hunger, just remember it is that feeling that is turning on your SIRT1... which will in turn make you feel less hungry in the coming days For me, it was just changing the way I felt about hunger. I now see it as a good thing. Mind over matter.
GingerAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Are you just weighing, or are you measuring yourself too?

My scales numbers are staying pretty much put, but I am dropping inches left and right!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #7
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by speds View Post

I'm about a week in to this WOE and I'm not losing - as a point of fact I seem to be bouncing up a bit even after a dd. I lost after my first dd but not since. I'm diligent about staying under 500 on the dd but I'd be a bald-faced liar if I said this wasn't torture. I don't really count calories on the up days but I "behave" myself. I thought the whole basis was to not "diet" but to be reasonable so that's what I have even doing.

1. Does this get easier? These dd are pure hell for me by the evening I could eat the contents of my cats' litter box (I don't LOL)

2. I thought this WOE would make me LESS Food obsessed but I seem to be the exact opposite. I think about food all the time especially on the DD.

I Have not read the book will try to get it from the library this weekend but in the meantime what is wrong with me!?! Am I a feak?
I suggest you count calories on your UD. You will be very surprised when you do have even though you are "behaving" yourself you may not be eating enough or way too much.

Do you know your JUDDD calories for UDs and DDs or are you just winging it, staying under 500 and thinking this will do the trick?
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mttemple4
I have definitely been there. Tried JUDDD twice before and the DDs to me . . . well torture does describe it aptly. I was very headache-y, completely obsessed with food, and didn't see how anyone could say that the DDs were easier than the UDs. Then after UD (and I was tracking and weighing food both days) I'd swing back up on the scale. I *knew* to expect this, but because the DDs were so darned hard for me it just made me freak out and say, "all THAT . . . for THIS??" So . . . I totally feel you! I didn't see how I could live a real life on JUDDD.

BUT . . . there was just something in the idea that I couldn't let go of and I continued to visit these boards even while trying regular calorie counting and lowish (20-80) carbs. I got to a point where I was finding it hard to even stay under my Lose It app-prescribed calories of 1375 per day. I could do it for a few days but then would invariably go over. I decided what the heck . . . I was going to try JUDDD again but modify it. I know that's not true JUDDD and maybe I won't get all of the benefits, but what I've been doing for the past 10 days is alternating 800 calories on down day, 1800-1900 on up day. My JUDDD calculator figures should be 500/2050ish How I'm doing it now gives me an average that's below the Lose It amount I was prescribed to lose 2 lbs a week . . . except I've lost 3 in the last week. By really figuring out what would make me feel satiated on DDs they have been world's better. I'm just psychologically in a much better place.

Obviously if you can make the lower calories JUDDD prescribes work (and so many here rock it!) then that's probably better, but I am LOVING how this is working for me. Third time's the charm!! Who would think I could lose 3 lbs in a week? In the weeks where I was meeting the calorie goals of my app but NOT doing the JUDDD-esque cycling I was down to about 1 or 1 1/2 lbs loss per week, and I still have a good 60 lbs to go. Oh, and my UDs have gone as high as 160g of carbs (hello, sushi!) and I still lost the 3lbs.

Great advice in this thread from those who have been at it far longer than I have, but I wanted to share that I understand and have been where you are!! Hang in there!!

p.s. just wanted to add that even sticking to the 800 was "hungry" for me . . . but today I was at 750 (some days I went as high as 870 last week) and was not nearly as hungry. It really does get better. I also am hungry on the 800, but not at all like I was on 500 . . . no headaches, etc.

Last edited by mttemple4; 04-04-2012 at 07:45 PM..
mttemple4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
U r all awesome. Ur doing a great job at JUDDING material. I' ll be still.
I'm standing by. Eu
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I suggest you count calories on your UD. You will be very surprised when you do have even though you are "behaving" yourself you may not be eating enough or way too much.

Do you know your JUDDD calories for UDs and DDs or are you just winging it, staying under 500 and thinking this will do the trick?
I agree with Beeb! (Yes, I'm fairly new to JUDDD, but in my short experience, I've found what she says to be true.)

Yes, JUDDD is the non-diet WOE in many ways, but that doesn't mean it is without rules... Or perhaps guidelines is a better word?

If I ate only to the point of being satisfied, I would be WAY under my UD calories. Actually, I have to force myself to eat, and still, I end up about 200 calories shy of my UD number. But, on the following DD, I'm glad I ate so much as these calories push me through the day. Yes, I get hungry, but it's nothing I can't handle. Today is day 10 on JUDDD for me, and as of yesterday I lost about 7 lbs. Who am I to argue with success?

So my advice? Track your UD calories. Eating too little or too much may be the problem.

I know you can do this!
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cara7166
Stats: 325/217/200 next goal!
WOE: Atkins for first 65 pounds, then HCG
Start Date: Nov 1, 2011
I was going to say, maybe you are 'behaving yourself' too much lol

On down days, what has helped me SO much is I try to hold off that first meal of the day as long as I can and drink a ton of hot liquids. Hot tea has become my new dd best friend. I have found that I can usually get through until at least 2pm if not later that way. I have done down days a couple of different ways but the way I like it best is, then when I finally get very hungry I will have something small - today it was a serving of grapes. Late afternoon about 4pm I had a 100 calorie bag of popcorn. Then at 7pm I had a sandwich with the very flat sandwich bread that is 100 cal - (looks like a very thin hamburger bun!) with 90 cal of meat and some laughing cow. At exactly 500 for my day and never have I been just crazy hungry doing it this way.

What is harder for me is if I try to save all 500 calories then go to a restaurant to have a 500 calorie meal. I've done it that way but I do experience hunger both before & after the meal doing it that way. It's what works for YOU that you have to find out.

I have also found out that for me, on my up days I do better having 1 meal of virtually anything I want out to eat. Then the rest of the day, I eat stuff here at the house. I don't keep track but generally that would be fage yogurt for breakfast and maybe a piece of fruit then for dinner a sandwich and usually a snack of popcorn - but that super wonderful meal out. If I do two big meals out, I maintain wonderfully but I don't lose.
cara7166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:29 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Does it get easier? Yes and no. I go in waves of a weeek that everything flows smoothly then for some reason I get those starving UD's.

The DD's arent' really a problem but I eat three small meals such as the following:
B - coffee with HWC, one egg or 1 cup oat groats (140-175)
L - soup with shiratiaki rice (160)
D - tilapia with spinach (150) I don't always want this

And for me it took at least a couple of months to work through the I can eat anything cause I did. BUT I count, weigh and measure everything so I know the days I go over on UD's and I know when I stick to my numbers. I also keep a daily weight log and I can compare and see how badly some foods or higher calories affect my losses.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014

Last edited by adillenal; 04-05-2012 at 03:40 AM.. Reason: typos
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by speds View Post

Just my 2cents here. Yes the DDs do get easier, but there will be a stray one here and there that seems to be difficult where the plant on the desk looks especially tasty, as does my pinkie finger. Start out with a higher DD and work your way down. Just keep you UD calories higher so you're body won't panic and think you're trying to starve it.

I did JUDDD a few years ago when it was new and managed to stay on it 3 months before going on a trip and falling off the wagon. I did a rotation of M/W/F (DD), T/T/S (UD), S (MD). Food did become much less obsessive (despite me falling off). I've been on JUDDD again for 3 weeks and food has already become much less obsessive.

And please check out this thread My Bouncing Ball Stairway Chart. It's awesome for showing how the scale bounces. I tend to bounce up after a DD, too.

I didn't read all through the responses, but I know they're good. Hang in there. JUDDD becomes easier with each passing day. Okay, week!

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: northandcold23
Stats: 134/117/112
You have made it a week so you are doing fine. I did not lose anything until the 15th day. I just kept reading all these great posts, and listened to all the inspirational stories and stuck with it. The magic will happen just hang in there.
The DD do get easier, but I think it has a lot to do with what is going on your life and hormones - some DD will be easier than others.!
northandcold23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:55 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
DD seam to have a mind of there own.. I am one who only puts in 120 cals on my down day from the creamer in my coffee.. i do not eat any food.. coffee is what keeps me from being hungry.. however... there are some days i could also chew off my arm from a hungar that comes from no where, not often,, but when it does,, i find that if i drink warm water with lemon that seams to work for my tummy... Hang in there kiddo.. And i too am obsessed with food.. ive been doing this for a full month now and i seam to think and dream about food all the time!! I once woke from a dream after eating a full choc cake and was in a panic cuz it was suppoed to be a DD and i was terrifyed i ACTUALLY ATE IT! So yah.. food also seams to have taken over my thoughts but now i just tell my self that its sooo worth it once i can pass by a mirror and say . WOW who is that??
1995 190# Low fat
2012 225#
2012 found JUDDD
166# current 2014

Last edited by sterlinggirl; 04-05-2012 at 01:57 PM..
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:03 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlinggirl View Post
I once woke from a dream after eating a full choc cake and was in a panic cuz it was suppoed to be a DD and i was terrifyed i ACTUALLY ATE IT! So yah.. food also seams to have taken over my thoughts but now i just tell my self that its sooo worth it once i can pass by a mirror and say . WOW who is that??
LOL i use to do this with pizza when low carbing... no more! pizza tomorrow

we dont even need the op for convo lol
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote