Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   New to JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/766348-new-juddd.html)

sdjade 04-04-2012 01:44 PM

New to JUDDD

I have been a lurker on this board for the past week or so and wanted to come out and introduce myself! A little about me - I went low carb back in 2002 and lost some weight, but of course it came back with some extras. In 2009, I lost about 30 lbs with a semi-low carb plan + lots of exercise and somehow all of those pounds found their way back as well (being a newlywed didn't help). In October 2011, I decided to get back on the LC train and have lost about 16 lbs but have been bouncing around the same number for too long. I work out pretty much every day (4 days strength training, 3 days cardio) which has helped with inches lost, but I'm ready for more!

I have tried to work IF into my plan since January and found that it really helped me mentally. Before IF, I would almost panic if I felt hungry and would grab something quick (and not always healthy) to eat just so that I wouldn't pass out. Well, turns out I can go pretty long without eating and be just fine!

After reading up on JUDDD and all of the wonderful support on this board, I decided to give it a try! Sunday was my first DD and it went pretty well. I was hungry, but nothing I couldn't handle. Yesterday was my second DD which was easier than the first and I woke up to a 2 lb loss this morning! I thought I would be insanely hungry today but I am not at all. Must be some of that JUDDD magic I have read about. :)

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and THANK YOU to all of the wonderful members who post on this board. You are in inspiration! :clap:

sophiethecat 04-04-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdjade (Post 15555056)
I have been a lurker on this board for the past week or so and wanted to come out and introduce myself! A little about me - I went low carb back in 2002 and lost some weight, but of course it came back with some extras. In 2009, I lost about 30 lbs with a semi-low carb plan + lots of exercise and somehow all of those pounds found their way back as well (being a newlywed didn't help). In October 2011, I decided to get back on the LC train and have lost about 16 lbs but have been bouncing around the same number for too long. I work out pretty much every day (4 days strength training, 3 days cardio) which has helped with inches lost, but I'm ready for more!

I have tried to work IF into my plan since January and found that it really helped me mentally. Before IF, I would almost panic if I felt hungry and would grab something quick (and not always healthy) to eat just so that I wouldn't pass out. Well, turns out I can go pretty long without eating and be just fine!

After reading up on JUDDD and all of the wonderful support on this board, I decided to give it a try! Sunday was my first DD and it went pretty well. I was hungry, but nothing I couldn't handle. Yesterday was my second DD which was easier than the first and I woke up to a 2 lb loss this morning! I thought I would be insanely hungry today but I am not at all. Must be some of that JUDDD magic I have read about. :)

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and THANK YOU to all of the wonderful members who post on this board. You are in inspiration! :clap:

:welcome: Jade! :shake: It sounds like you're perkin' right along already, so yayyyy! :jumpjoy: We look forward to your progress and reading all your posts on the forum and all your success. Welcome again. :hugs:

Stitch 04-04-2012 02:01 PM

Welcome! I'm new too and absolutely loving this! I just started on Friday and I was down 4lbs this morning (although today is an up day...). The down days have already gotten really easy. I think you're going to love this!

Kissa 04-04-2012 02:16 PM

I love all our new JUDDD newcomers. So nice to see you supporting each other.

sunday 04-04-2012 02:23 PM

:welcome: To both Stitch & SdJade! Love to see newbies already working the JUDDD! :up:

northandcold23 04-04-2012 02:31 PM

Sounds like you are off to a great start, Jade!

sophiethecat 04-04-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stitch (Post 15555098)
Welcome! I'm new too and absolutely loving this! I just started on Friday and I was down 4lbs this morning (although today is an up day...). The down days have already gotten really easy. I think you're going to love this!

Big JUDDD :welcome: to you too, Stitch! Way to go!!! :high5:

heyjupiter 04-04-2012 02:38 PM

Welcome! I hope you love JUDDD as much as I do! (I'm fairly new, too. This is my second week on JUDDD.)

Sammyann 04-04-2012 02:59 PM

:welcome:

Sheridan 04-04-2012 03:03 PM

:welcome: :welcome:

KeirasMom 04-04-2012 03:10 PM

You're going to love it here!

ellgee 04-04-2012 03:12 PM

DD80 04-04-2012 03:46 PM

:welcome: to JUDDD! Can't wait to hear about your progress!

SoHappy 04-04-2012 04:01 PM

Welcome! :hiya: I just wanted to add my welcome to you, along with all the others, and tell you how happy I am that you are joining us here, doing JUDDD.

I know you are going to love this way of eating and of weight management, and especially since it's so supportive here, it's a happy place to be. Keep us posted on your weight loss as the pounds disappear. We love to cheer our friends on as they head downward toward their goals!

I always tell folks to hang around here a lot, read here a lot, interact with everyone here a lot. There is something that really keeps a person inspired and motivated here, the spirit of excitement is contagious. I know you'll do well.

arkie1 04-04-2012 04:12 PM

:welcome: You are going to :heart: it here! Such a warm, happy, friendly group will not be found on any other board on the internet! :shake::high5:
Everyone here is ready to jump in and answer any questions, or just pat you on the back, or lift you up, if needed!

Carole

kimberino 04-04-2012 04:20 PM

Welcome to JUDDD! I'm a newbie and on my 8th day - so far so good. You mentioned what brought me over, all the support and encouragement from everyone. Success to you both!

sdjade 04-04-2012 06:39 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome! Best wishes to all of the other newbies! :shake:

Beeb 04-04-2012 08:19 PM

:welcome: and so nice to see you "come out of the closet" and post here for us to see your wonderful progress already!

WTG!! :high5:

mykidsteacher 04-04-2012 08:36 PM

Welcome to you! (and to Stitch!). Glad to have you with us. Looking forward to getting to know you and cheer you on.

Luna Loca 04-04-2012 08:53 PM