Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: HawkeyeJR
thomasina838, I don't drink wine so I will continue with the Reservatrol.
I started on Monday weighing 222.0 and today after my UD yesterday I am 220.2. I am happy with these stats.

Sunday, I will check out netrition. I am just taking a cheap pharmacy one.

Thanks to everyone for you answers about your feelings on Resvertrol.
HawkeyeJR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
thomasina838- Can I ask you if you know the difference between Reservatrol and the red wine complex? are they one in the same, just different branding? I was looking at it for heart health. Red wine complex was on the recommended vitamin list they gave to my dad. I looked at the label and they are pretty close, with a few differences. But I am so lost when it comes to vitamins, I dont know what you should take and what you shouldnt half the time.
i think the active part is the trans-resveratol. and i think getting a good product of this type is not easy. next time i buy i will be looking for the brands recommended by Dr. Jack Kruse. i think when they say 'red wine complex' that is salesman speak for 'not much of what you want'. and as i said earlier you only get resveratol in grape skin and roots that have been subjected to fighting off fungus. most grapes are sprayed to prevent that. i wouldnt buy the red wine complex.
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice30 View Post
thomasina838, I don't drink wine so I will continue with the Reservatrol.
I started on Monday weighing 222.0 and today after my UD yesterday I am 220.2. I am happy with these stats.

Sunday, I will check out netrition. I am just taking a cheap pharmacy one.

Thanks to everyone for you answers about your feelings on Resvertrol.
you wouldnt be getting it from wine anyway. i think that is a joke when people say that. because wine grapes are sprayed to prevent the very fungus that causes the resveratol to form in the skins.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasina838 View Post
i think the active part is the trans-resveratol. and i think getting a good product of this type is not easy. next time i buy i will be looking for the brands recommended by Dr. Jack Kruse. i think when they say 'red wine complex' that is salesman speak for 'not much of what you want'. and as i said earlier you only get resveratol in grape skin and roots that have been subjected to fighting off fungus. most grapes are sprayed to prevent that. i wouldnt buy the red wine complex.
Thank you Thomasina!!

I ended up getting a small bottle of Resveratol just to try. I am not sure if I like it though. About an hour after taking it, I got a bit lightheaded. I ate a little salad, its a DD, just to try to get rid of the feeling. I wonder if it had to do with that or if I am coming down with something, as everyone else around me has been sick it seems. Either way, gonna do my own try and see. Hoping to drop a few of the pounds my scale is not waiting to drop. Inches lost is great but waiting for the scale to catch up is driving me nuts. But the main purpose is hoping it will help with heart health. Since my Dad has his heart attack again. I am even more concerned about the genes and it becoming something that will effect me. Scary that is! Only because they say women die more often from a heart attack than men. But thats because our signs are different than mens. But still!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: HawkeyeJR
Katiebubb, I have been taking Reservatrol for almost 2 weeks and haven't noticed any side effects from it. Maybe you just have to get used to it.
Today is my DD but I had a great day yesterday. Ate some things I had been craving so all is good.
Good luck.
HawkeyeJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
My resveratrol arrived from Dr. Johnson! I took one 200mg capsule this morning and was not hungry all day. Lunchtime came and I'd only had tea. I had a chicken patty with hubby and didn't think about food until just before dinner...I had 6 baked Brussels sprouts and a protein shake. We'll see what happens tomorrow and the next day. I'll be out of town and that means around restaurants that have "good" food.
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:25 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
Thank you Thomasina!!

Only because they say women die more often from a heart attack than men. But thats because our signs are different than mens. But still!
sorry, i just noticed this post. and this wont apply to you, yet. but for 40% of post menopausal women the first sign of cardio vascular disease is death. so that is not a sign i could do much with. i do take resveratrol. 500mg. and i am thinking of upping that. i want to review the Kruse supplement info first.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:08 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Manday
Stats: 250/233/130 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/19/2012
I have been taking one of the expensive, trans-res brands for about 2 weeks. I have noticed that I do not feel as hungry when I take it. I forgot to take it yesterday morning and a DD turned into an UUAD because I just couldn't seem to stop eating. I haven't noticed much difference in my weight loss as I seem to have been stuck around the same weight for the whole month of May. But then, maybe there are other things being fixed in my body right now.

As far as side effects, the reviews for the brand I am using mentioned a lot of stomach upset, which I seem to have had, but it was not bad enough to make me stop taking it and it seems to be getting better. The first few times I took it, I had a strange feeling in my chest like my heart was racing. I also had the hiccups the first day I took it....like the WHOLE day and nothing I did got rid of them. I have noticed an uptick in energy and have had trouble getting to sleep lately, but I'm still not really tired during the day. I will take the rest of my current bottle and see what happens before I decide to buy another one. I will keep you posted if I notice anything good or bad from taking it.
Manday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Damazon
Stats: 234/220/190
WOE: JUDDD Primal
Start Date: April 2012
I have taken it regularly, and take it on my down days. (When I remember.) I avoid taking it at night as it does perk me up a few hours after taking it. I also take it after a big night out (drinking) and it seems to lessen the next day hang over. I also take at the first sign of a cold/flu/virus whatever. I sort of treat it like a preventative.

It might just be me but if I take it consistently I get a nasty taste in my mouth in the am.

Just sayin'.

Bon Nuit

D
Damazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Whitlin'
Start Date: March, 2009
Close friend of my husband's, about 50 years old now, has taken it for about 2 years and says within a few weeks suddenly noticed several positive effects, like feeling well, alertness, but most specifically relief from some joint discomfort - interesting. Also he's lost weight down to a relatively slim size. My opinion would be about 50 pounds, but I'm not going to ask.

He says he did also stop evening snacking at about the same time, but he didn't do anything else. Again, this has been a couple years so it wasn't a fast loss. But he did not diet - he just never got into that. He says he will never stop taking it and is sold on it, is convinced his aches and pains come back if he stops taking it. I guess I'm hoping my alternate-day eating is doing me the same amount of good, because even with his recommendations, I haven't started.
Whitlin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Terilynn
Stats: back to LC 1/6/14, going to stick to & make it
WOE: LC
I bought a 30 day supply - it did NOTHING for me. No appetitie suppression, no energy - NADA.
Terilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #42
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
I've been taking it for about three weeks plus or minus. I have noticed good appetite suppression while taking it and my weight loss is good--I've lost almost eight pounds this month, more than any time since first starting JUDDD back at the end of January.

Now, at about the same time, I upped my DD calories a bit and entered the more zen-like space of being willing to maintain at the same weight...so perhaps it was upping the DD calories, perhaps it was the lessened stress around down days, or perhaps it was the Resveratrol--who knows? I, however, am not questioning the kismet and am keeping on keeping on.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
if anyone is getting it via the liquid form, supposedly cabernet sauvignon is the best of the reds for this

Last edited by OhioGuy; 05-29-2012 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: add m
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Just a quick update in case anyone is still wondering about taking Resveratrol. I have been taking it daily for a month, 500mg every day. I ran out and took my last 250mg pill Friday morning. I have been outrageously hungry all day today and yesterday. I can't say much for weight loss help since I didn't manage to make my goal of 5 pounds for either May or June (yet). But, one of the things I've always hated most is being hungry ALL THE TIME whether I was dieting or not. This is enough for me to keep taking it and I've ordered more. Hopefully I don't do too much damage before it gets here.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I started taking it again last week. Wrote myself a note since it does seem to help with hunger so I am taking it on UD's now as well as DD's. I need all the help I can get controlling my UD's.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
Since headaches and migraines are possible side effecs, I won't try it.
Showcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:14 PM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

I have a history of migraines but I have not experienced any problems taking the resveratrol. Thank goodness. Don't need anymore migraine triggers.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

It seems to be helping with my UD's. I eat but I am not thinking ahead about what all I can have since it is an UD. Let's hope that keeps up.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:14 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
Just curious what dosage people are taking? The pills i've found here in the UK are 50mg and i've taken one a day since starting JUDDD 20 days ago - i've no idea whether they have helped or not, hunger has only been a problem on my last DD, today i'e been fine though.

I also suffer with migraine occasionally but have had no occurrence since taking the resveratrol and indeed no side-effects whatsoever.
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

I'm taking 2 250mg capsules of transresveratrol every morning. Just eent withou for about 5 days and thought i was going to die i was so hungry!. Come to think of it, that may have had something to do with my reaction to a little extra water weight. I finakly got some more and took it this mrning...NO hunger ALL day! May have trouble hitting my UD calories today.

I'm typing on my phone so please excuse any typos
Old 06-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!

Mine are 100 mg of trans reseveratrol. I take one a day.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Abby
Stats: 5'7";197_'09;167/139/132_'12
WOE: LC/VLC
Skip the Reservatrol. Wait for definitive human studies. A fool and his money are soon parted..........
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:30 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
Adi and FairyWren, does red wine trigger migraines for you? It does for me and that is why I am hesitant taking it. I don't really have hunger on DD so I don't know if it would help me. My problem is eating too much on UD and too many UUADs . Also a lot of stress right now that isn't helping.
Showcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:53 PM   #54
Big Yapper!!!!

Showcats -
I don't drink so I can't tell you if wine triggers migraines for me. Most of my migraines are weather or food related. Heat I can't control but that is also an issue sometimes.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:24 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: FairyWren
Stats: 178/136/124 5'3"
WOE: LC JUDDD
No showcats, red wine never triggers migraines with me (thank goodness!!), i find they are more stress related.
FairyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: garnet10
Stats: 182/Goal 125
WOE: hCG
Start Date: hCG 10/9/10; restarted 10/14/13
I had diarrhea occur after a few days on the resveratrol. The kind where it comes on as a surprise and induces panic, especially when driving! I almost thought I had developed Celiac disease and was going to get tested, when I realized the only thing new was the supplement. I stopped it and everything resolved. I restarted it twice and had the same effect.

Hearing of your positive experience makes me want to try it again, but I'll try a different brand, and wait until I'm sure I'll be home for a few days. I bought a 2 month supply, so I have a lot of supplement just sitting in my cabinet.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Carly
Stats: 199/120.0/126.8 5'2" 38yrs Size 20/4P
WOE: JUDDD/ 5:2 to maintain
Start Date: 2/21/12- Low carb (199lbs) 3/28/12 JUDDD (189lbs)
I started about 10 days ago. I've had no negative side effects. I'm extremely prone to headaches and actually have not had 1 in the last 10 days which is incredible! I have not noticed a huge weight loss, but my appitite may be smaller and I think my energy is better. I'm going to try it for a month and see.
Carly is offline   Reply With Quote