Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
Low-Carb JUDDD Ketosis

So I've been LC'ing since the end of Feburary and I've always been in the middle range on the ketostix. Now that I am doing JUDDD, but sticking to low-carb, I seem to be out of ketosis.

Have other's who are doing JUDDD low-carb style, noticed this? What could be the reason? I'm still eating low-carb...
melisa82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
how low is low carb?
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:00 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Carbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
how low is low carb?
I don't eat much... less then 30g. Usually, around 15-20g. I weigh and measure everything. I don't eat any 'franken' foods...

It just seems like the weight isn't moving as quickly as it should be, since I'm doing JUDDD AND LC. Maybe, I just want too much, too quick?

Thus, the reason for me checking the ketostix...
Old 04-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

as ive made it clear in a thread ive started, im a sugar crack head so i dont suggest this to people unless they can handle it but do you think you can eat regular carb food and remain on juddd?

ive done REALLLLLY well, i cant NOT believe how good i am on my dds.
i mean i am the biggest sugar junkie you have EVER met.
my issue would be late at night my brain would go into full crack mode and need its fix.
the first carby ud i have i felt kind of bingy but after that i have not.
on my dd, i exercise later in the evening, which kills my appetite, and as soon as it returns i have a banana and a chocolate slim fast shake and it hits that spot and im good! =) i know all i have to do is sleep and tomorrow is my UD.

but ive read so many posts from former lc's that are now eating "regular" carby food and losing better
i know its scary on DDs tho. but i think im the all or nothing type. i dont have a problem skipping eating on DDs. for me its the STOP eating once ive started i guess.
no such thing as HALF bag of candy lol
Old 04-04-2012, 11:12 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
It's opposite for me. I don't watch carbs at all, and whenever I've checked on a DD, my ketostix say I'm in ketosis. Never on an UD. Sorry, I'm not really any help, but I find it interesting.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Sugar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
as ive made it clear in a thread ive started, im a sugar crack head so i dont suggest this to people unless they can handle it but do you think you can eat regular carb food and remain on juddd?

ive done REALLLLLY well, i cant NOT believe how good i am on my dds.
i mean i am the biggest sugar junkie you have EVER met.
my issue would be late at night my brain would go into full crack mode and need its fix.
the first carby ud i have i felt kind of bingy but after that i have not.
on my dd, i exercise later in the evening, which kills my appetite, and as soon as it returns i have a banana and a chocolate slim fast shake and it hits that spot and im good! =) i know all i have to do is sleep and tomorrow is my UD.

but ive read so many posts from former lc's that are now eating "regular" carby food and losing better
i know its scary on DDs tho. but i think im the all or nothing type. i dont have a problem skipping eating on DDs. for me its the STOP eating once ive started i guess.
no such thing as HALF bag of candy lol
I eat just fine on UD...sometimes, it's hard to get to my alloted calories, but I manage some how. My DD are easier, I normally eat less then 400 calories. I made some low-carb cookies the other night with Stevia, and after I ate one, all I wanted to do was EAT. Even though, it wasn't "real" sugar, it still gave me the cravings/desire to eat, eat, eat.

So, going up on my carbs from starchy/sugary food, is NOT a good idea for me. I can up my carbs with more veggies and maybe some low glycemic grains/fruits? Hmmmmm.....
Goal 4: 145
Old 04-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

yeah, fake sugar is WORSE than real sugar when it comes to cravings. they put a lot of blame on diet sodas too!

those damn stix! i ate about 10 carbs a day, was on the treadmill for an hour and STILL couldnt get them to change color.

just going to have to keep tweaking it but what i hate about that is you have to give a tweak a couple weeks to test. and i hate the thought of eating a certain way and not knowing its not being productive. drives me nuts so i chew the ears (eyes) off of the people here and see what they have experienced ..like yourself.

if you can handle fruit and grains, id say try it!
ooooh, also what i do is ONE carby meal per 2 days.
one day of fasting, next UD i eat low carb lunch then "high" carb dinner and repeat.
we'll see how it goes.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
It's opposite for me. I don't watch carbs at all, and whenever I've checked on a DD, my ketostix say I'm in ketosis. Never on an UD. Sorry, I'm not really any help, but I find it interesting.
thats nuts! you're still in ketosis even after a carby ud??
do you exercise a lot? (think i asked you this previously lol)
Old 04-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Somebody posted on a thread a couple of months ago that JUDDD is a ketogenic WOE and that a lot of people experience ketosis on DDs. I absolutely did NOT believe it because I had oatmeal and a sandwich the day I read that (an UD), so I tested with some ketostix I had left over and I was not in ketosis.

I tested the following day (DD) around midday, and was shocked to see pink on the stick.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote