Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 05:35 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alibaba
Stats: 240(pregnant)/176/165
WOE: Atkins induction
Start Date: 5/12/14
Still here........but struggling

My first 2 months on JUDDD (Jan and Feb) were great. I lost almost 20 lbs, more than half way to my goal. But then March hit. I think I maybe got 10 days of dieting in, otherwise it was a total free for all. Every week we had a trip or visitors. Not an excuse, but it happened. Now life is back to normal, but I can't seem to get back to JUDDD. I'm following my rotation, but cheating with extra calories on UDs and DDs. So my weight isn't budging. I want to get back to doing real JUDDD, but seem to lack the motivation I had before. So JUDDD BUDS, give me the kick in the butt that I so desperatly need!!! It's huge, so you'll have no trouble finding it, lol.

We're leaving for Jamaica in 2 1/2 months (10 year wedding anniversary), and I want to wear a bikini (and look good in it). My DH is dropping weight so easily on JUDDD, wether he cheats or not. I know men lose easier, but it's hard when he's drinking wine every day (even DDs) and not counting a single calorie, and still losing WAY faster than me.

I just need to get back in the swing of things before it's June and I'm out of time. Even 15 more lbs would help SO much. So there it is - I've fessed up to my cheating and lack of control, an I'm going to do better from today on!! It's a DD, and I'm going to really do it.
alibaba is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2012, 05:46 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
First congrats to you on your 20 lbs!!! I think the best motivation to me is to watch the Youtube's on IF. I have watched several of them a couple of times just to keep me motivated. Both of the ones that I posted have been fasting for 5 plus years and it is amazing the other benefits that they reap besides keeping any unwanted lbs off!

Also, I am so envious of your trip to Jamaica! I went a few years back and it is BEAUTIFUL!!!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:50 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/203.2/160
WOE: NK/ IF
Start Date: 2 January 2014
20lbs in 2 months, that is a fantastic accomplishment!!!!!
Congratulations!!!

I can't really give you a kick in the backside, because I've only been doing this for 1 week and am still totally enthusiastic! (hoping I'll stay that way!)
I think maybe it will motivate you to read all the great things that are happening here and focus on the finish line...

I'll be cheering you on!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:52 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Alibaba,

Isn't it depressing how sometimes the drive just seems to fizzle?

You CAN get back to JUDDD! I know you can. You did so amazingly well at the first of the year.

Theory says the sirtuin enzymes hang around about 10 to 14 days after IF/caloric restriction ends. So, you need to build those enzymes back up.

I encourage you to concentrate on DDs and let UDs fall where they will for awhile. Plan your DDs carefully and live that plan. Make "I'll eat it tomorrow" your mantra. And, if you go over at first, just plan again. Don't try to perfection. Try for success.

As the DDs bring sirtuin enzymes, your UDs may take care of themselves. If they don't you will be in a much better place to do something about it.

I also encourage you to make time to read here. Go find old threads you found motivating. Go re-read your own comments - you made some very important points that are worth revisiting. Retrace your original successful path.

You really, really can do this!!!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:57 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks ladies, I'm already feeling more motivated! I'm going to haul the kiddos upstairs (where I can halfway contain them) and try to do a round of callanetics while they watch TV.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:03 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: northandcold23
Stats: 134/117/112
Find a pic of the bikini you want and hang that pic up where you can see it! You are going to look smokin in it !
northandcold23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:23 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
You can find the motivation again! And we'll be here every step of the way. I agree with finding some time to read here. There is so much love and encouragement, you can't help but be motivated.

And congrats on the 20 pounds! You are going to look great on your vacation!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:51 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Awwww...

The thing is, in our imaginary life, we can see ourselves just *doing it*... and we don't have a problem with the diet, and we don't go off plan, and it works, and within 'X' number of weeks or months, we are at our goal weight, because (of course) in our fantasy life, we always lose at a fabulous speed and never face stalls.

In reality, well.. there's reality.

So, you ran into a blah period of dieting, where you didn't do a very good job following the rules of the plan, and that's how reality is. We run into snags. We slide off the straight path. We get bored. We blow it.

And the rules of reality are usually pretty simple, but also pretty unforgiving. So if you don't do a diet close enough to the rules for the plan, it won't work for you. That's reality.

But another *real* thing is about JUDDD, and that is that this plan forgives our stumbles and is pretty immediate in helping us lose weight once we're back on track again! And that's the comfort about reality for us... There are certain things we can usually depend on, and that JUDDD will kick in again, and reward you with weight loss again, is one of the big ones. Yay!

You have already proven that you have the strength of will and the resolve to follow through on a choice and decision. You followed the plan and lost 20 pounds!

And despite a little break here, I have no doubt that your renewed decision and resolve at this time will have you back in weight loss mode quickly.

But stay here. Read here, and post here. Being an active member of this forum really does help with motivation and devotion, and that's a big help toward success too.

Last edited by SoHappy; 04-04-2012 at 06:54 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:54 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I also like to try on something that I am going to wear on my vaca! A bikini, shorts, or even a summer dress! For some reason, the image of what this outfit will look like when I shed more fat, is always the best motivation for me.

Also, every day when you wake up envision yourself enjoying Jamaica in the smaller size! I think this is a wonderful way to get motivated!
Old 04-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Awwww...
But stay here. Read here, and post here. Being an active member of this forum really does help with motivation and devotion, and that's a big help toward success too.

Agreed! Definitely check in to JUDDD Budds daily. It is my morning ritual!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:02 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

I just tried on all my old bikinis. The good news: They fit....sort of. I could do without the mommy tummy hanging over the top, or the back fat. I have 3 levels of bathing suits - maternity, fat, and hot. The maternity suits are WAY too big (thank god, b/c I weighed 220 when I had my daughter a year ago), and the fat ones are too big also. That only leaves one direction - to HOT MAMA! Same thing with all my dresses - they fit, so that's good. I just need to look better in them.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:19 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Congrats, Ali, on your success so far!! Sounds like great advice given, and I can only echo it - read on the forum, think of how how you wanna look on the beach in 2 months... you can do this!!!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:15 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Awwww...

The thing is, in our imaginary life, we can see ourselves just *doing it*... and we don't have a problem with the diet, and we don't go off plan, and it works, and within 'X' number of weeks or months, we are at our goal weight, because (of course) in our fantasy life, we always lose at a fabulous speed and never face stalls.

In reality, well.. there's reality.

So, you ran into a blah period of dieting, where you didn't do a very good job following the rules of the plan, and that's how reality is. We run into snags. We slide off the straight path. We get bored. We blow it.

And the rules of reality are usually pretty simple, but also pretty unforgiving. So if you don't do a diet close enough to the rules for the plan, it won't work for you. That's reality.

But another *real* thing is about JUDDD, and that is that this plan forgives our stumbles and is pretty immediate in helping us lose weight once we're back on track again! And that's the comfort about reality for us... There are certain things we can usually depend on, and that JUDDD will kick in again, and reward you with weight loss again, is one of the big ones. Yay!

You have already proven that you have the strength of will and the resolve to follow through on a choice and decision. You followed the plan and lost 20 pounds!

And despite a little break here, I have no doubt that your renewed decision and resolve at this time will have you back in weight loss mode quickly.

This is such good advice! Try to remember that JUDDD isn't a diet, it's a WOL/WOE that is actually something you can do for the rest of your life! It doesn't feel restricting like other diets. You've done so well so far, I know you can continue!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Wow Alibaba 20 lbs.
A little something I do that puts the # loss or gained in perspective for me.

At the grocery store is where I notice it most often.
picking up items that weight different wts. 1 # of flour, one # of pinto beans. Yes those r the small wts. Then on to the. 5 # bag of potatoes! Like like yikes! Hope this helps. Only we can do this for ourselfs.
My hubby is on business trip and I told him I was going to be one pound lighter and with a slight tan on my shock white legs... Well the tan part is happening working out side. But the pound lighter isn't. Silly face here.. I need to go grocery shopping. Good day everybody!
Happy dd for me is my goal.
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Also while u have that # of flour in ur hand, think of putting that much wt around ur geans, shorts, or smearing that pound on ur arms... Just little things help me.
One big thing that helps me it this web site. Awesome encouragement.
I have the book now haventgot to read it much. Seems I need it to be winter time so I can read more. I'm also retired and empty nest. Those two things make my life different from urs and others here. I'm very active due to the above. I'm always looking for things to fill the void. It's a good thing. But I not if I had kids at home, a paying job to go to everyday.
Boy would be really another world! I love my life. Hoping for u and all who need encouragement today that we will find it. Don't stop looking!
Ei
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #16
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Sorry you're struggling, ali.

One thing that helps me is thinking about consistency. I only have choices to make in this one day. I cannot do anything about days that are past, and days in the future are yet to come. All I have is today.

With JUDDD, this is easy because the focus is very much one day at a time. Eat down this day. Eat up the next. You focus in like a laser on your choices for this day and this day alone. Tomorrow, when you get up, you have one day to focus on, and make the right choices for that day.

Pretty soon you've strung together a whole lot of days, where you were consistent with your intentions and you will be seeing the results.

Long term goals are great, but sometimes when we are struggling we just need to focus on our choices for today, and let the rest take care of itself.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
i can only imagine how hard it is to do ANY type of diet when you have kids and married.
not sure how that may sound to others, dont mean to sound bad, but...
ive spent about $5000 trying to build an environment around me so i can get myself straight. im sure its hard as heck for you.
deep breath and want it! you can do it!
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NoWeigh
Stats: 58 Yrs. & Hypothyroid
Start Date: JUDDD April 1st January – March ate LC/LC
A BIG CONGRATULATIONS on your wonderful loss so far!!

The best advice has been given: PLAN, PLAN, PLAN. Once you get one good day under control I bet you will be back in with full enthusiasm. June is going to come no matter what you decide, and it is up to you.

How about planning to drop by here again tomorrow and let us know how your day went? We'll all be rooting for you.
NoWeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Sorry you're struggling, ali.

One thing that helps me is thinking about consistency. I only have choices to make in this one day. I cannot do anything about days that are past, and days in the future are yet to come. All I have is today.

With JUDDD, this is easy because the focus is very much one day at a time. Eat down this day. Eat up the next. You focus in like a laser on your choices for this day and this day alone. Tomorrow, when you get up, you have one day to focus on, and make the right choices for that day.

Pretty soon you've strung together a whole lot of days, where you were consistent with your intentions and you will be seeing the results.

Long term goals are great, but sometimes when we are struggling we just need to focus on our choices for today, and let the rest take care of itself.

Such good, solid, practical advice.

Can be applied to so many things, not just "diets".

ali, you really can do this!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
ali...It wasn't long ago when I was feeling like you are today. I think it's possible and normal (for me anyway) to sort of run out of steam. I talked about it here, and just talking about it helped! I just sort of "re-grouped" and plowed in again. You said you already were feeling better. So glad. Helps to "vent" doesn't it? I KNOW you are gonna be fine!!!

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Pat and Luna....WONDERFUL posts.

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
i can only imagine how hard it is to do ANY type of diet when you have kids and married.
not sure how that may sound to others, dont mean to sound bad, but...
ive spent about $5000 trying to build an environment around me so i can get myself straight. im sure its hard as heck for you.
deep breath and want it! you can do it!
I know exactly what you're saying. For 7 years, I was basically a stay at home wife - no job and no kids. Yet I still struggled with my weight. I had very few distractions yet I still made bad choices when it came to my diet. Now I look back and kick myself for all those "wasted" years. God, all that free time. You just sort of evolve in the situation you're in, wether you're single, or a working parent of 6. We all struggle with making good eating and exercising choices.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
Here's to Hot Mama Bikini Babe success!
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/152.8/145
Start Date: March 2012
Thank you Ali for posting! My husband can have a beer on his DD and doesn't count his UD cals and is doing great. Glad for him but it can be a little hard on the motivation to drink my tea and log my calories!
Great advice on this thread, I will re-read it I am sure in the future again.
I always love your advice Pat! I laughed when i read your imaginary world plan vs. real world comparison. That is so how I think. Thanks also Luna for the reminder to focus on today. Everyone had such great motivational points!
I hope you keep posting on how things are going for you Ali, and I hope you have a great trip when you go.
Babsbabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cherryhair
Stats: 230.4/215.8/160
Start Date: 1/4/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by alibaba View Post
My first 2 months on JUDDD (Jan and Feb) were great. I lost almost 20 lbs, more than half way to my goal. But then March hit. I think I maybe got 10 days of dieting in, otherwise it was a total free for all. Every week we had a trip or visitors. Not an excuse, but it happened. Now life is back to normal, but I can't seem to get back to JUDDD. I'm following my rotation, but cheating with extra calories on UDs and DDs. So my weight isn't budging. I want to get back to doing real JUDDD, but seem to lack the motivation I had before. So JUDDD BUDS, give me the kick in the butt that I so desperatly need!!! It's huge, so you'll have no trouble finding it, lol.

We're leaving for Jamaica in 2 1/2 months (10 year wedding anniversary), and I want to wear a bikini (and look good in it). My DH is dropping weight so easily on JUDDD, wether he cheats or not. I know men lose easier, but it's hard when he's drinking wine every day (even DDs) and not counting a single calorie, and still losing WAY faster than me.

I just need to get back in the swing of things before it's June and I'm out of time. Even 15 more lbs would help SO much. So there it is - I've fessed up to my cheating and lack of control, an I'm going to do better from today on!! It's a DD, and I'm going to really do it.
Wow this sounds so much like me... Having trouble getting back in the swing of things
cherryhair is offline   Reply With Quote