Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Beer, Wine, and more + JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/766280-beer-wine-more-juddd.html)

OhioGuy 04-03-2012 06:06 PM

Beer, Wine, and more + JUDDD

Was wondering who drinks "often" on JUDDD?
Im very very curious and interested in drinking with "dieting".
When i was on LC people said that drinking was bad and that
it would put you out of ketosis...etc
however, i always found it VERY helpful.
i drink once or twice a month but with summer coming
it picks up a bit as we are outside having fun.

Usually, as long as it didnt lead to a bunch of eating,
it would cause a small lose due to dehydration, im assuming, then the 2nd days i would be UP but come the 3rd or 4th day would drop quite a bit.

so i was wondering if anyone could weigh in with drinking on JUDDD
SPECIALLY if its on DD. Im going to start to experiment once i go past the 2 week marker but dont want to do anything until then. but i have a feeling a couple bud selects on DD may be helpful. anyone else experiment?

KeirasMom 04-03-2012 06:27 PM

I never drink on a DD.

I do however drink nearly every UD.

It's most often a couple (or a few) glasses of wine, but I've been known to have mixed drinks too.

I always plan my calories accordingly and don't go over. I usually have my drinks after dinner and I'm not a nighttime eater or snacker anyway, so it doesn't lead to me eating more.

It hasn't hurt my loss at all that I can tell, and it's definitely saved my sanity. :hyst:

OhioGuy 04-03-2012 06:30 PM

yeah, i figure on UDs it wouldnt do much either way as long as you count them
but how about DDs lol

KeirasMom 04-03-2012 06:32 PM

If you can fit it in on a DD, it won't hurt your weight loss any. Just might take a lot less to affect you. :stars:

I know there are people here who have had the odd DD drink or two and it hasn't seemed to hurt anything.

OhioGuy 04-03-2012 06:35 PM

yeah, i brought this up in an older thread.
i did the math of how many bud selects i could fit in on a DD

lol
obviously i havent tried it yet as im not past the 2 week marker. But this is my one week!
has to be someone out there that drinks on their DD
i just have a weird feeling it might help things a bit. whoooo knows

hockey_gal 04-03-2012 07:05 PM

Any alcohol on a DD would go RIGHT to my head. I'd be buzzed after a light beer so I wouldn't dare try it. Plus, it would be a waste of calories - I use them preciously on DDs :)

I have found after a beer or two, I'm down the next day too. But then the day after I am up higher than I am before the day of drinking. So overall, I don't think it helps me. I don't think it really harms things too much either tho.

OhioGuy 04-03-2012 07:07 PM

yep!! thats exactly what i state in my OP. down the next up the day after but then it drops well on day 3. someone in lc had said it breaks stalls =)

buttoni 04-03-2012 07:16 PM

I don't consume much alcohol in a glass anymore, but I do cook with wine and beer. Rarely over 1/4c. in any recipe, so not much really. But it's nice to know I can on an UP day if I want to. Love a Planter's Punch or Pimm's cup int he summertime. :)

Speck333 04-03-2012 07:27 PM

I drink water and vodka on down days. No problems.

OhioGuy 04-03-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speck333 (Post 15552942)
I drink water and vodka on down days. No problems.

often?

Speck333 04-03-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhioGuy (Post 15552958)
often?

Often enough to know that it has no negative impact on my weightloss.

Stitch 04-04-2012 02:48 AM

I find a good drinking session almost always knocks a couple (sometimes more!) of pounds off me and then the same thing as you described would happen. Maybe gain a bit back and then drop or just stay about the same lower weight for a little while and lose as usual after that. I know alcohol dehydrates but I'm young (22) and my sessions can go on all night, into the next day and possibly all night again (yes I know that's terrible behaviour) and I never want food when I'm drinking and all the dancing and messing around must burn a few calories.

PixieKGirl 04-04-2012 02:54 AM

I've only been JUDDING for 9 days and I've had wine on 2 DD's. One glass on 1 DD and 2 on another. I factor the calories and as of this morning, I'm down 7.4 lbs in 9 days!!! UD's - always.

gotsomeold 04-04-2012 03:19 AM

Pixie!! :jumpjoy: Great news!!

A jigger of whiskey is 97 calories. Most evenings, DD or UD I pour my jigger, add water, and sip. It is not much, but I can get giggling drunk on a glass of wine, so it is enough to make me very happy and relaxed.

Mimosa23 04-04-2012 03:33 AM

I am only JUDDDing for a week, so I cannot say much about it, but I drink wine or beer on my UD, and count the calories... Haven't tried it out on a DD... I guess if you factor in the calories, it should be fine!
I probably won't try it, I'd be falling down drunk after one glass of wine or beer, LOL!

sophiethecat 04-04-2012 07:25 AM

I waited quite a while when I started JUDDD before I drank anything on DDs. I was drinking enough already, so I looked at the DDs as a total cleanse for my body, including my liver. JUDDD helped me get my consumption down nicely because I knew every other day I would not be drinking.

Then, I started to have a little wine on a DD here and there. Maybe 1...2 glasses at most (2 was rare, it was usually 1/2 glass to 1 glass) and I always factored in the calories. But after more than one drink, alcohol has a way of activating the munchies in me, and with the lowered inhibitions, well... things can get out of control. So I was careful with the alcohol on DDs, because I wanted the weight gone more than I wanted the drink, lol.

Later, around the holidays, I started drinking a little more frequently on DDs, usually bourbon and diet Coke, since it had less calories than the wine. But I'm not so keen on the hard liquors usually - I prefer my wine. The bourbon was there because 1) it had less calories and 2) I was using it in a number of holiday recipes. :)

stargazer 04-04-2012 07:33 AM

Gin and slimline tonic with lashings of ice is lovely on a DD evening and relaxes you so you don't think about food. I don't get the munchie effect. The trouble is I can't really afford the calories as I've finished my 500 cals by then and one glass so easily and inevitably leads to another. So I've vowed off that until I can see more impressive weight loss.

It can really get the water loss going though.

carla70 04-04-2012 07:36 AM

I am new to JUDDD just first month in and I did have drinks on both UD and DD and I can tell you that it went to my :stars: on those days. I still lost in the month. However, I think before starting JUDDD I was consuming too much and so this is good for me. I feel so much better not having so often.

I usually had brandy/water or rum/diet coke.

I do see my weight down after having alcohol but then as stated sometimes back up and sometimes not.

OhioGuy 04-04-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PixieKGirl (Post 15553308)
I've only been JUDDING for 9 days and I've had wine on 2 DD's. One glass on 1 DD and 2 on another. I factor the calories and as of this morning, I'm down 7.4 lbs in 9 days!!! UD's - always.

thats good.
sounds like everyone is saying the same thing, down up, but hopefully back down. need to experiment with low low dds with just a couple drinks.

i can drink a lot, i dont lol, but even when i do, i can feel it after just a couple drinks, cant imagine what it would be like on a dd. going to find out. got a bottle of my fav gin and 12 bud selects. thinking no more than two!

sophiethecat 04-04-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhioGuy (Post 15553952)
thats good.
sounds like everyone is saying the same thing, down up, but hopefully back down. need to experiment with low low dds with just a couple drinks.

i can drink a lot, i dont lol, but even when i do, i can feel it after just a couple drinks, cant imagine what it would be like on a dd. going to find out. got a bottle of my fav gin and 12 bud selects. thinking no more than two!

I forgot to answer that part of your question - drinking hasn't hurt my losses any. When I was doing LC, I still had my wine pretty much daily, but once or twice I cut it out for a week or two and didn't notice any improvement in loss.

On JUDDD, it has not hurt my losses either. Sometimes I wake up less on the scale, sometimes more (after drinking + lots of carby foods in my wake + perhaps not sleeping well), but either way, the scale always finds its usual balance before long.

The other night I was having one of my "Fast 5-ish" DDs and when I got around to the FD part of my eating that evening, I didn't have a lot of real food in my stomach, but I started having wine. I didn't realize how much it had hit me until I stood up and WOWZA! So be very careful with alcohol on an empty or near-empty stomach. It's much more hard-hitting.

OhioGuy 04-04-2012 09:48 AM

yeah, it even hits me hard on low carb. i mean it was crazy different even with a stomach full of meat lol it still hit me hard

sophiethecat 04-04-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15553877)
So I was careful with the alcohol on DDs, because I wanted the weight gone more than I wanted the drink, lol.

As I was fixing dinner tonight, this thread came to my mind and I realized I meant to say, "I wanted the FOOD (wanted to save the calories to EAT on DD) more than I wanted the drink!" :laugh: But I wanted the weight gone too, of course, lol. It's just that over time I realized the wine drinking did not negatively effect the weight.

annieS 04-04-2012 10:51 PM

I too drink regularly on DD. when i've had a light DD (and when I have an opened bottle of red at home) I fit a glass in the 500 calories. it doesn't make me hungry, actually I think it does help me going to sleep with an empty stomach. I usually sip it watching tv after diner...

I don't think it impacts my loss but I haven't been monitoring close enough. My loss is slow anyway...

enjoy your Bud JUDDD BUDDD :D

heyjupiter 04-05-2012 12:44 AM

Oh my.

I'm not a big drinker as I'm known to wake up in a panic after having half a beer the night before... But, when I do drink, I'm totally schnockered off two coronas. Yes, two little coronas. Which makes me wonder what my tolerance is gonna be after I lose all this extra weight! It kinda ticks off my much higher tolerance friends, but I say that's the price they pay for drinking all the time! (No offense to anyone here.) Such a far cry from my party days where I could polish off a bottle of vodka with a friend...

So, no drinking for me. But if it doesn't hinder you, why not?

adillenal 04-05-2012 04:04 AM

I certainly have no idea since I am a total non-drinker, but I would think since this is a calorie based plan, that if you factor iin the calories for whatever alcohol you consume then you are fine. I have read (have no idea if it is true) that drinking releases the control over eating and that is why some do not drink when dieting since they then overeat along with the alcohol.

I do know that my DH drinks beer on the weekends and seems to eat (kind of graze) all weekend with it so who knows how you personally will do. Try it out and let us know.

carla70 04-05-2012 06:54 AM

Last night don't know why on a DD had some drinks and :stars::stars: and this morning feeling a bit :sick:. Proven that DD and alcohol for me don't mix. I also went totally over in calorie count.

OhioGuy 04-05-2012 12:44 PM

yeah, when there is nothing in you it goes straight to the brain, thats for sure.
even when i was on lc it hit me hard.

does anyone think it HELPS them lose?
i think it helps on low carb if controlled

PixieKGirl 04-05-2012 02:13 PM

That is the question. It's a DD and I'm sitting on less than 200 calories.................hmmmmm................... maybe just 1 glass??? OTOH, my weight loss is in overdrive. Hmmmmm?????????

Pixie

OhioGuy 04-05-2012 04:58 PM

lol let me know if you think it helps! if u do

phurst_gal 04-05-2012 05:12 PM

DD for me today.

Only thing I've had is coffee, diet soda, water and a glass of wine!

I'm hoping to see a new low on the scale tomorrow. I'll let you know.

Fran