Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 01:57 PM   #211
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyla View Post
All right, I am clawing my way gradually back into the land of the living. After my disaster of a business trip, more disastrous girltime with the college roommate, and a whole passel of grief eating, I ended up with the following...

03/12/12 - 143.6
Week Average: 143.4

03/18/12 - 145.3
Week Average: 142.8 (-0.4)

03/23/12 - 143.7
Week Average: 144.2 (+1.4)

04/07/12 - 146.9 (+2.7)

I'm sure I was WAAAAAY up over that 04/07/12 weight but I had a decent LC week last week, if not exactly JUDDD. I will count 3.3 up after 2 weeks of unrestrained eating a victory.

I am sticking with LC for a little while longer but hope to be firmly back in the JUDDD saddle starting next week.

Just wanted to pop in and say "hi"!
Sorry you've been going through the emotional wringer, Shelby! Glad you'll be back with us soon, and congrats on so little gain on the scale with what's been going on.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
my weight is bounced up almost 6 pounds today from three days ago (tom is a jerk), had to go try on bathing suits with sis today. The large spanx bottom was tight around the tummy and could have put canteloupes in the booty to fill out the saggy fabric. I hate all swimsuit manufacturers including spanx. They should know better! Demoralized on all counts. But not eating emotionally even though it is an up day. JUDDD is helping with that!
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #213
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Today is a good day. I told dh he had the girl he married back again. I'm at the weight I was when we got married all the way back when I was 25! And since I've seen it 3 days in a row, it's MINE!

Headed back into maintenance. And I can now say, for the first time in my adult life, I don't have any more weight I wish to lose. If more slides off in maintenance, so be it, but I am not trying to lose weight. Thank you JUDDD BUDDD's for helping me stick with it when I was so frustrated early on.

And thank you for all the sweet comments on me and the dress (I can't lose anymore anyway, because then the dress will get too big. ROFLOL).
Wonderful Tina, years ago when I was at my heaviest, DH used to say he wasn't legally married to 60 lbs of me, well he is now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyla View Post
All right, I am clawing my way gradually back into the land of the living. After my disaster of a business trip, more disastrous girltime with the college roommate, and a whole passel of grief eating, I ended up with the following...

03/12/12 - 143.6
Week Average: 143.4

03/18/12 - 145.3
Week Average: 142.8 (-0.4)

03/23/12 - 143.7
Week Average: 144.2 (+1.4)

04/07/12 - 146.9 (+2.7)

I'm sure I was WAAAAAY up over that 04/07/12 weight but I had a decent LC week last week, if not exactly JUDDD. I will count 3.3 up after 2 weeks of unrestrained eating a victory.

I am sticking with LC for a little while longer but hope to be firmly back in the JUDDD saddle starting next week.

Just wanted to pop in and say "hi"!
Stuff happens. You'll be fine and back where you want to be in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
my weight is bounced up almost 6 pounds today from three days ago (tom is a jerk), had to go try on bathing suits with sis today. The large spanx bottom was tight around the tummy and could have put canteloupes in the booty to fill out the saggy fabric. I hate all swimsuit manufacturers including spanx. They should know better! Demoralized on all counts. But not eating emotionally even though it is an up day. JUDDD is helping with that!
Oh dear Lou, I ate swim suits manufacturers too. Tom will pass and you will be bouncing downwards instead of the wrong way. x

I had my best DD in a while. Felt great, not really hungry except in that nice, 'This is making me slimmer' way.

Even managed a glass of wine and came in at around 500.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Can someone tell me how to do the multi-quote thing?

Thanks Sophie and Cindy. LOL at the not legally married comment.

Shelby and b_lou, sorry for the rough patch. Hoping a couple of good down days gets you both back on track (Shelby, when you are ready to join back in that is).
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #215
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Thanks Sophie and Cindy. LOL at the not legally married comment.

Shelby and b_lou, sorry for the rough patch. Hoping a couple of good down days gets you both back on track (Shelby, when you are ready to join back in that is).
Click on the big quotation mark to the right of the word "quote" on the bottom right of the post you wanna reply to. Click these on each post you want, and they will turn red. Then just click "Post reply" on bottom left like you would do, and they will all appear in your post. Hope that's clear, lol.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #216

See the right hand bottom corner of the posts? The middle one has "+ on a page? If you click on that it goes red. you can click as many as you wish and when you are ready o reply to them also click on the Quote one and they will all appear in you answer panel. then you can reply to the individually, add bolding etc or edit them to your heart's content.

Good luck!
Old 04-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Click on the big quotation mark to the right of the word "quote" on the bottom right of the post you wanna reply to. Click these on each post you want, and they will turn red. Then just click "Post reply" on bottom left like you would do, and they will all appear in your post. Hope that's clear, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
See the right hand bottom corner of the posts? The middle one has "+ on a page? If you click on that it goes red. you can click as many as you wish and when you are ready o reply to them also click on the Quote one and they will all appear in you answer panel. then you can reply to the individually, add bolding etc or edit them to your heart's content.

Good luck!
OMG! I just totally learned that! I've been using BBcode boards for years and didn't know! LOL

learn something new every day-- that's my one thing for today!

S.
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
Ugg...Me learn to...spoken by technically impaired cave-lady!! Nobody hold your breath though!

Phyl
gotitnow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:44 AM   #220

Shame I was writing that at midnight, strange errors in my typing...
Old 04-11-2012, 06:48 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Ugg...Me learn to...spoken by technically impaired cave-lady!! Nobody hold your breath though!

Phyl
LOL, in the same boat here. Learn something new every day I guess
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:02 AM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

Off to a day of lunch and shopping with a friend. She's coming up on the 3 yr anniversary of losing her dh to cancer, and struggling. So a day of fun to take her mind off things. Supposed to be a dd, not sure how it will work out because no idea where we are eating. But since I'm in maintenance, I can go to about 900 cals and still call it a DD, so I might be ok.

We plan to hit a few consignment shops while we are out and about.

Have a good day all!
Old 04-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 225/225/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 05/05/2014
I learned something new also with the quote - never quite knew how

Yesterday was a DD and went well - I stayed in the 500 calories and felt good. Got up this morning did workout of Week 4 of Couch 25k. So felt very good to do in morning. I can tell its a bit more, legs are feeling it! But it feels good.

I weigh every day and yesterday was up from Monday but today back down to within .2 of monday so I will take that! JUDDD is working for me.

I can't wait until it starts showing and smaller clothes start fitting again.

Everyone here is so supportive and great ato keep me on track!

Today is UD and its looking pretty good so far.

b_lou_who - I hate swimsuit shopping also, did that last Friday for the first time in 5 years.. it was not as bad as I thought but when I don't buy anything but a swimskirt thing and tankini. Which I had to buy in a HUGE size, but then realized after I got in water I should of got one size smaller - too much material in bust area . Now it will be if it ever get worn again

Better get back to work! Happy Wednesday ALL

TTFN
Old 04-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #224

Having a lovely UD here. The scales were kind today showing 121.6 after a very easy DD.

So, I enjoyed Greek yogurt with berries and a little granola and a soya latte for breakfast, then at lunchtime I had some Lebanese dips with pita bread and a tabouleh salad. I was a the largest Mall in the UK with my DD1 and her DH. I am now home and exhausted but happy.

Don't know what is for dinner yet
Old 04-11-2012, 10:50 AM   #225

Gallery: Momto2boysNJ
Stats: 2 be Physically Fit
WOE: LC for ME!
I am sick again. I can not believe I have ANOTHER cold. I RARELY ever get really sick. But last night after dinner I suddenly felt exhausted & had the major chills. It was an up day so I knew it wasn't a down day chill.

I'm going to make today a MD because I don't feel like dealing with food. I've had coffee, water, tea, theraflu, a hard boiled egg and a piece of toast with butter. probably about 300 calories but I'm good until dinner. not sure what is going to be for dinner, yet.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2boysNJ View Post
I am sick again. I can not believe I have ANOTHER cold. I RARELY ever get really sick. But last night after dinner I suddenly felt exhausted & had the major chills. It was an up day so I knew it wasn't a down day chill.

I'm going to make today a MD because I don't feel like dealing with food. I've had coffee, water, tea, theraflu, a hard boiled egg and a piece of toast with butter. probably about 300 calories but I'm good until dinner. not sure what is going to be for dinner, yet.
So horrid for you. Do you take Vit D3? I find it really keeps the colds at bay.... at least I am telling myself it is that. DH says 'old people get fewer colds".
Old 04-11-2012, 12:31 PM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
So sorry your sick!!! Seems like everyone I know is sick....
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

So what a wonderful day!!!!! I ended up off of work today. My boss has the flu. And it is a DD for me........I thought OMG its gonna be horrible cause I am a fridge picker, But it hasnt been!!!

I got my rugs scrubbed. Havent had a chance to do it and it needed it baddddddd! Soaked in the tub for a bit while floors dried a little. Decided to go out to look for a dress for the wedding. Which I went to 10 different stores and ended up getting a black skirt and a grey/black/purple shirt from walmart!! The skirt a size smaller btw!!! I had troubles cause I have this pregnant looking belly.....hate it.....but its mostly as my gynie said because my uterus is about the size of a 3 month pregnancy because of fibroids and I collect all my weigh there too.......did find spanx so hope that helps a little!!!!!!!!

I still need shoes and a clutch, but I found matching lipstick and nail polish lol!!

So since I went to a few stores I thought what the hay, try on a few pairs of jeans...I am alone, I have time...........I could of cried in the middle of the one store!!!!!! I normally can fit into a juniors 17. I grabbed a 13 to try on for giggles........OMGGGGGGG they fit!!!!! Pulled right on and zipped and didnt have to wiggle, jump and dance to do it!!!!!!!!!!! I didnt buy them though......I remembered the store, so in a month I wanna go back and try on the 11's!!!

Oh and goodness forgot about the whole DD gotta pee thing.......the DDPP as I refer to it to my hubby!! hahaha!!!!! Standing at the checkout of walmart, legs crossed and swaying and the lady taking her time......the guy behind me staring at me.......I told him......"I had to pee so bad its a good thing its raining outside just incase!!!" hahahahah!!! Gosh I felt like a dog, marking my trail at every store I went too!!! Thats ok pee out the fat and those 11's will be mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
Old 04-11-2012, 12:57 PM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
I'm finally losing again after my run in with splenda last week that made me bounce. I'm down to a new low of 174.6. WooT!!
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:14 PM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Hugs to the sickies (was there last week), congrats to the losers, hugs to the gainers.

I'm thinking about weighing just once a week or month. I got to looking at the weight thread and see that although I'm doing the same bounce ball dance as everyone, mostly, I am really beginning to get ticked at my scale. I lost the 5 lbs. in my siggy, but have been bouncing up and down with same friggin' 3-4 lbs. for a month now. The little chart I have on my app is showing a downward trend, but I'm really beginning to get a little frustrated with the pounds not beginning to come off like they seem to for alot of you. My fear is .. what if I wait for a month to weigh and there's still no progress?? I get encouraged by some of the threads about how long it took, etc., but get deflated when I keep bouncing between the same couple of pounds.

I'm going to track my UD calories for a few days and make sure I'm not overdoing, but I tell you - DD's are becoming my friend and although I look forward to UD's, I'm almost afraid to put that first calorie in my mouth just because the DD's feel more comforable.

Ugh, I do NOT want to become a complainer. I want to see some progress, dang it!!!!

Yes, I'm going to track every loss when I get it!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:32 PM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Ugh, I do NOT want to become a complainer. I want to see some progress, dang it!!!!
Vanilla

I only use the scale as a guide....as to what I eat that will bounce the scale more than others. I prefer to use the tape measure. Its going down constant and not bouncing!!! I weight like 5 lbs less than what I did when I started JUDDD almost a month ago.....but as I said above.....I can get into jeans that are 2 sizes smaller than almost a month ago! I know on Atkins it would take 20 lbs to been SEEN on the scale before that would happen!!! Just amazed how the inches are melting but yet I want to melt the scale lol!!
Old 04-11-2012, 02:17 PM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stitch
Stats: 141/123.2/105
WOE: Very low carb switched to JUDDD
Start Date: 2nd February '12
I just made such a silly mistake. I hard a really rough DD and didn't think I'd ever stay under 500 cals. Then I made up a big bowl of shiritake noodles, quorn and veggies with light tomato sauce and a teeny tiny bit of cheese, ate it, and felt great about finishing the day under 500. Then I realised that I picked up the wrong jar of sauce, it wasn't light and brought me over 500 cals. I know it's not that many cals in the difference but isn't it really important to stay under 500 the first two weeks?
Can anyone tell me more about this?
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
I just made such a silly mistake. I hard a really rough DD and didn't think I'd ever stay under 500 cals. Then I made up a big bowl of shiritake noodles, quorn and veggies with light tomato sauce and a teeny tiny bit of cheese, ate it, and felt great about finishing the day under 500. Then I realised that I picked up the wrong jar of sauce, it wasn't light and brought me over 500 cals. I know it's not that many cals in the difference but isn't it really important to stay under 500 the first two weeks?
It was prob about a 50 cal difference or so! Depending on the brand. The kind I use is 90 cals a 1/2 cup and I dont use the light.

The thing about JUDDD is it will forgive for the occassional overage! Its ok if you went a little over!!!
Old 04-11-2012, 02:26 PM   #234
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
I tried to stay around 500 the first 2 weeks, but I went over most of the time. It will be all right. The sirtuins will still build up - this is a long-haul kinda thing, and the more you keep at this woe, the more the benefits build up and the easier it gets to do, and the better it all works. So for now, just do the best you can.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
Vanilla

I only use the scale as a guide....as to what I eat that will bounce the scale more than others. I prefer to use the tape measure. Its going down constant and not bouncing!!! I weight like 5 lbs less than what I did when I started JUDDD almost a month ago.....but as I said above.....I can get into jeans that are 2 sizes smaller than almost a month ago! I know on Atkins it would take 20 lbs to been SEEN on the scale before that would happen!!! Just amazed how the inches are melting but yet I want to melt the scale lol!!
Aw, thanks, Katie. I haven't really lost any inches, unless they're in places I'm not measuring! It's time to get measured at Curves, so maybe there'll be some progress there. But, being that I measure nekkid at home, you'd think it would show up better there. Haven't gone down in clothes size, either. Congrats on your progress, though!

Quote:
I might be in the minority, but I say either go with a Medium Day or if you can go the rest of the day fasting, do that. Being that many start out with higher DD's, work down to 500 and still have had success the first two weeks, I think you'll be fine. Just watch the rest of your day.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:35 PM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Aw, thanks, Katie. I haven't really lost any inches, unless they're in places I'm not measuring! It's time to get measured at Curves, so maybe there'll be some progress there. But, being that I measure nekkid at home, you'd think it would show up better there. Haven't gone down in clothes size, either. Congrats on your progress, though!
How long have ya been doing JUDDD? I know your kinda new like me. Maybe the experts here can help figure out something. Maybe your calories are to high, or maybe your one of those that takes a little longer for the magic to kick in. I am sorry your frustrated!! I wish I could help with a better idea for you!! For now I can just offer
Old 04-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #237
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
OMG! I just totally learned that! I've been using BBcode boards for years and didn't know! LOL

learn something new every day-- that's my one thing for today!

S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post

Phyl
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberino View Post
LOL, in the same boat here. Learn something new every day I guess
Me too!!! And I've been around the block a few times. Have wondered about this but never did ask. Thank you oh, Smart Ones!!

Quote:

Sorry you are sick! Do take care of yourself and I think you are wise to make this a MD. Be sure and eat some chicken soup or broth. It's good for you!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #238
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Hope you get over this quick!
Old 04-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
How long have ya been doing JUDDD? I know your kinda new like me. Maybe the experts here can help figure out something. Maybe your calories are to high, or maybe your one of those that takes a little longer for the magic to kick in. I am sorry your frustrated!! I wish I could help with a better idea for you!! For now I can just offer
I started 4 weeks ago today. With the exception of 2 days, I've kept to a true rotation, something I didn't even do when I first did JUDDD. When I did it originally, before falling off the wagon, it took me 3 months to lose 14 lbs. (with still needing to lose about 50 more). So, I'm a sloooow loser anyway.

DD's are becoming comfortable, UD's almost panic me a bit so I really don't think I'm overdoing it on those. I'll track the next couple UD's to make sure, though. I'm hoping the magic is just taking a bit longer, but it is frustrating to wait!

are always appreciated
Old 04-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #240

Quote:
So what a wonderful day. Decided to go out to look for a dress for the wedding. Which I went to 10 different stores and ended up getting a black skirt and a grey/black/purple shirt from walmart!! The skirt a size smaller btw!!! did find spanx so hope that helps a little!!!!!!!!

I still need shoes and a clutch, but I found matching lipstick and nail polish lol!!

I grabbed a 13 to try on for giggles........OMGGGGGGG they fit!!!!! Pulled right on and zipped and didnt have to wiggle, jump and dance to do it!!!!!!!!!!! I didnt buy them though......I remembered the store, so in a month I wanna go back and try on the 11's!!!

Oh and goodness forgot about the whole DD gotta pee thing. Thats ok pee out the fat and those 11's will be mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This made, me laugh so much! Love DDPP. Can't wait to see the photos of you at the wedding. And in your new 11s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjupiter View Post
I'm finally losing again after my run in with splenda last week that made me bounce. I'm down to a new low of 174.6. WooT!!
Yay!

Quote:
Hugs to the sickies (was there last week), congrats to the losers, hugs to the gainers.

I'm thinking about weighing just once a week or month. I got to looking at the weight thread and see that although I'm doing the same bounce ball dance as everyone, mostly, I am really beginning to get ticked at my scale. I lost the 5 lbs. in my siggy, but have been bouncing up and down with same friggin' 3-4 lbs. for a month now. The little chart I have on my app is showing a downward trend, but I'm really beginning to get a little frustrated with the pounds not beginning to come off like they seem to for alot of you. My fear is .. what if I wait for a month to weigh and there's still no progress?? I get encouraged by some of the threads about how long it took, etc., but get deflated when I keep bouncing between the same couple of pounds.

I'm going to track my UD calories for a few days and make sure I'm not overdoing, but I tell you - DD's are becoming my friend and although I look forward to UD's, I'm almost afraid to put that first calorie in my mouth just because the DD's feel more comforable.

Never worry about complaining here. It must be so irritating to see dozens of :jump joy: that are not for you. It is tough when you aren't feeling 'magic' but frustrated.

We are here for you Vanilla, glad you have decided to rack for a while on the UDs. But you know what I always say, 'keep on keeping on'.

Quote:
Please don't fret about a few calories at this stage. JUDDD is very forgiving as a rule. We have all done just this and is is not about the detail just now. You are starting to store the sirtuin ready of the JUDDD magic to kick in.

Relax, rotate, rejoice...........