Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #121
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
DD #3 here-- also drove to Montreal from Toronto. I usually make it in 5hrs, but because I had to stop to PEE so often (!) it took me the full 6hrs. (one stop was gas only, but the previous was pee only, and the other 2 were both gas and pee).

AND-- I"m totally hopped up on caffeine , b/c I'm kinda *sensitive* to it and generally never have any-- so far today I've had a packet of Stash green iced tea, and a Venti black iced tea from Starbucks, and a Coke Zero bottle (750? 500ml?)... I actually like black iced tea mixed with some cola, so that's what I did.

Oh, and Starbucks?
I realized I didn't have my almond milk this morning, so thought maybe I could have a latte with soy or something (the ones up here don't have almond milk yet, and this was a highway starbucks on top of it, so super limited. They did have soy. But a soy latte (unsweet) is like 150 cal??? And a "skinny latte" with skim milk and sugar free vanilla is 120-- but a zillion carbs (and I"m choosing to still watch those).

So, I thought I had decided, got in line, realized I shouldn't have anything, and ordered the tea...
I think I brought melatonin to help me sleep, and I'm going to take a shower.

OH-- and I think I don't need my shake tonight, so that's 160cal I can save...what's 500 - 160? 340?

OMG I HAD A 340 DD IN MY FIRST WEEK!!!!

tomorrow is UD and the first night Seder dinner-- SO EXCITED for all the yummy food, and might actually make my 2200 ceiling for once (my UD are usually 1900-2000, but can be 2200).

off to shower and maybe cease vibrating

Soren
Great job, Soren! Now hopefully you can wind down for sleep. Consider this DD a total success, my JUDDD bud!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
I am just frustrated today......another starving DD. I ate within my calories and fighting the fact that I have a bagel in the fridge for tomorrows breakfast. JUDDD magic seemed to have kicked in quick in the beginning, but this last week, I am back to starving DD's again. I think I might try taking Flax seed and see if that helps give me a full feeling.

I think its to do with TOM, its suppose to be here any day now. But with me it could be tomorrow, or it could be 2 months from now. Doc diagnosed me with fibroids, but no matter the asking, begging and pleading he wont look at PCOS. Which I beleive may be my problem. I need a second opinion, but I just dont have time in my day to take off work and do that right now.

Anyways, my scale is really bouncing. One day I will weigh in at 177 next day I am 182. Then following day 179. I dont hold much into the scale, I prefer my tape measurer. I see inches falling there. Just wishing the scale would catch up right now. I get happy when people tell me how nice I am looking, but I still look in the mirror and not see what they see. My hubby went to kiss me goodnight last night, and he grabbed my hip and said "I feel your hip bone, way to go baby." I just smiled. I still feel gross thought.

I am proud that I started running again. I have been running a 1/2 mile a day since march 15th. Well I missed a day or two in there due to time restraints. And 1/2 mile is usually best I can get in for now. I come home from work, grab my MP3 and run for about 10 mins, then come in and make dinner after my 10 hour work day. So 1/2 is just great for the lack of 1/2 miles I have ran over the years. Hopefully by summer I will be up to a mile!!! Getting there!!!

I am looking forward to tomorrow. Kids and I are going shopping to get the rest of the stuff I need for Easter dinner. I told them they can pick out a few shorts and stuff for summer too. Then we can go out to eat if they want. I havent been off on a friday in ages!!!! And a payday friday to boot!!! Yeah!!!! I am so sleeping in a bit tomorrow!! Just an hour, but a needed hour!!

Well enough complaining for me! I am going back to read more of this thread! How it got past me is beyond me!!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:12 PM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
I think I might try taking Flax seed and see if that helps give me a full feeling.
Give that a try, or if you can find Benefiber, I find having that in my daily water helps stretch fullness more through the day. I was doing that before JUDDD actually, when I was trying my own calorie restriction on regular LC.

Quote:
I just smiled. I still feel gross thought.
Please try to turn this around and say NICE THINGS to yourself. You have kids-- your body gave life to people! That's AMAZING! You work 10hrs a day, and still make dinner for your family, and sounds like you have a supportive DH. YOU NEED TO BE AS NICE TO YOURSELF as anyone externally is.
Saying kind things and treating yourself kindly and gently will get you a lot further than beating yourself up or guilting yourself.

Quote:
I am proud that I started running again. ..... Hopefully by summer I will be up to a mile!!! Getting there!!!
WTG!!!

I just have to say, this is great! I can walk a couple miles, but I can't jog for more than about 30 seconds at a time (not to mention I get exercise induced asthma, so the thought of jogging just freaks me out, and I always forget to take the inhaler before I start)... You're doing what you can, and you're progressing. And you're giving yourself credit, which is perfect!!! Well done!

new JUDDD BUDDD, Soren

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you sorenkkg!!!! I know I should give myself more credit than I do, but somedays is harder than others. If I have a bad day, I REALLY have a bad day!

Today was a really bad day! lol! It was a DD and I was starving all day, trying to drink extra water to make me feel full. But I am also a caregiver, and somedays I feel more like a maid than a nurse. Today I got to bake pies, cook a ham, and make sure the floors and things were scrubbed til they shined for Easter!

The wife is older and works alot and I dont mind helping out. I am there to watch her hubby while she works. He had a stroke 3 years ago and I have sat with him since he came home from the hospital. Mind you, he can do so much for himself, but on days I have so much to do, he cant seem to do crap for himself and will scream my name all day!

At one point today, I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor, and he says he wants to run out and get smokes right then and there. I said no he had them in the drawer and I had alot to do. He got so mad he was screaming things, and threw his remote and pouted like a 2 year old. I just looked at him and said when he was done and respectful again. I will take him downstairs to smoke. So then he decided to play what I call the up and down game. He goes downstairs has a cig, then 5 mins later, back upstairs to pee, then sits on the couch for 10 mins then back downstairs to smoke, over and over and over..........knowing full well what all I still had to do!!! Just ticks me off......then I come home and look at everything I still have to do in my own home and just hate everything!! You know how it goes, when your stressed, you get even more stressed!! Oh and you cant tell the wife how he behaves, because he is not like that and why would I say such things about him.......really!!!!!!!!!

Thank you about the benefiber suggestion. I forgot years ago when I did a round of LC, I found something like that in an orange flavor. I drank it every morning pretending it was orange juice lol! It really did taste like it! So maybe I should get that again!! Either way going out tomorrow and gonna try something. The hungry feeling is overwhelming at times and I dont want to cave to it!!! I dont know what happened that, that hungry feeling came back after dissappearing. I log all my calories in my journal and allow for accident overages. So I dont know, it will pass I guess!!!

Last edited by krow134; 04-05-2012 at 07:33 PM..
Old 04-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Quote:
DD #3 here-- also drove to Montreal from Toronto. I usually make it in 5hrs, but because I had to stop to PEE so often (!) it took me the full 6hrs. (one stop was gas only, but the previous was pee only, and the other 2 were both gas and pee).

AND-- I"m totally hopped up on caffeine , b/c I'm kinda *sensitive* to it and generally never have any-- so far today I've had a packet of Stash green iced tea, and a Venti black iced tea from Starbucks, and a Coke Zero bottle (750? 500ml?)... I actually like black iced tea mixed with some cola, so that's what I did.

Oh, and Starbucks?
I realized I didn't have my almond milk this morning, so thought maybe I could have a latte with soy or something (the ones up here don't have almond milk yet, and this was a highway starbucks on top of it, so super limited. They did have soy. But a soy latte (unsweet) is like 150 cal??? And a "skinny latte" with skim milk and sugar free vanilla is 120-- but a zillion carbs (and I"m choosing to still watch those).

So, I thought I had decided, got in line, realized I shouldn't have anything, and ordered the tea...
I think I brought melatonin to help me sleep, and I'm going to take a shower.

OH-- and I think I don't need my shake tonight, so that's 160cal I can save...what's 500 - 160? 340?

tomorrow is UD and the first night Seder dinner-- SO EXCITED for all the yummy food, and might actually make my 2200 ceiling for once (my UD are usually 1900-2000, but can be 2200).

Soren
I think I got a bit of a caffeine buzz just from reading this. LOL Glad you made your destination safely. Hope you can settle down and sleep. Great DD today. Sounds like a lovely UD planned tomorrow. Enjoy!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thank you sorenkkg!!!! I know I should give myself more credit than I do, but somedays is harder than others. If I have a bad day, I REALLY have a bad day!

Today was a really bad day! lol! It was a DD and I was starving all day, trying to drink extra water to make me feel full. But I am also a caregiver, and somedays I feel more like a maid than a nurse. Today I got to bake pies, cook a ham, and make sure the floors and things were scrubbed til they shined for Easter!

The wife is older and works alot and I dont mind helping out. I am there to watch her hubby while she works. He had a stroke 3 years ago and I have sat with him since he came home from the hospital. Mind you, he can do so much for himself, but on days I have so much to do, he cant seem to do crap for himself and will scream my name all day!

At one point today, I was on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor, and he says he wants to run out and get smokes right then and there. I said no he had them in the drawer and I had alot to do. He got so mad he was screaming things, and threw his remote and pouted like a 2 year old. I just looked at him and said when he was done and respectful again. I will take him downstairs to smoke. So then he decided to play what I call the up and down game. He goes downstairs has a cig, then 5 mins later, back upstairs to pee, then sits on the couch for 10 mins then back downstairs to smoke, over and over and over..........knowing full well what all I still had to do!!! Just ticks me off......then I come home and look at everything I still have to do in my own home and just hate everything!! You know how it goes, when your stressed, you get even more stressed!! Oh and you cant tell the wife how he behaves, because he is not like that and why would I say such things about him.......really!!!!!!!!!

Thank you about the benefiber suggestion. I forgot years ago when I did a round of LC, I found something like that in an orange flavor. I drank it every morning pretending it was orange juice lol! It really did taste like it! So maybe I should get that again!! Either way going out tomorrow and gonna try something. The hungry feeling is overwhelming at times and I dont want to cave to it!!! I dont know what happened that, that hungry feeling came back after dissappearing. I log all my calories in my journal and allow for accident overages. So I dont know, it will pass I guess!!!
The hunger may very well be TOM related. Many of us can attest to wanting to chew on the doors at that time on DD's. But it could also be that something you are eating is triggering the hunger. Take a look and see if there is anything different about this week from last. When I was experimenting with carbs, I found that sugar, and to some extent grain carbs on my UD's led to cravings and more hunger on my DD's. Artificial sweeteners also had the same effect. Or, maybe you aren't getting enough of something on your UD to fully fuel your dd--more protein or fats might help.

My guess is, you wouldn't say any of the things to someone else that you are saying to yourself. So be as nice to yourself as you would be to someone else, and even more so. It is so hard to see the changes on ourselves, because we tend to focus on what still needs to happen, vs what's already happened. That tape measure doesn't lie. And many here have seen the inches fall away with the scale not showing the loss for a bit. Keep on keeping on, and I bet you'll get a whoosh soon.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:39 PM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
Quote:
I am just frustrated today......another starving DD. I ate within my calories and fighting the fact that I have a bagel in the fridge for tomorrows breakfast. JUDDD magic seemed to have kicked in quick in the beginning, but this last week, I am back to starving DD's again. I think I might try taking Flax seed and see if that helps give me a full feeling.
If you're struggling with hunger, may I suggest trying a OMM?
They are surprisingly filling and satisfying and most times I'm not able to finish an entire one.
With anywhere from 65 to 100 calories depending on what you include in it, its a lot of nutrition bang for your calories.

I have gone many a DD eating just a OMM, and am totally satisfied!

They're are many variations in the Recipe thread.......worth a look

Last edited by sazzie; 04-05-2012 at 07:41 PM..
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:45 PM   #128
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
The hunger may very well be TOM related. Many of us can attest to wanting to chew on the doors at that time on DD's. But it could also be that something you are eating is triggering the hunger. Take a look and see if there is anything different about this week from last. When I was experimenting with carbs, I found that sugar, and to some extent grain carbs on my UD's led to cravings and more hunger on my DD's. Artificial sweeteners also had the same effect. Or, maybe you aren't getting enough of something on your UD to fully fuel your dd--more protein or fats might help.

My guess is, you wouldn't say any of the things to someone else that you are saying to yourself. So be as nice to yourself as you would be to someone else, and even more so. It is so hard to see the changes on ourselves, because we tend to focus on what still needs to happen, vs what's already happened. That tape measure doesn't lie. And many here have seen the inches fall away with the scale not showing the loss for a bit. Keep on keeping on, and I bet you'll get a whoosh soon.
Tina is a JUDDD Wise-One, so listen to her.

ADDING: SOREN'S WORDS:
Please try to turn this around and say NICE THINGS to yourself. You have kids-- your body gave life to people! That's AMAZING! You work 10hrs a day, and still make dinner for your family, and sounds like you have a supportive DH. YOU NEED TO BE AS NICE TO YOURSELF as anyone externally is.

Saying kind things and treating yourself kindly and gently will get you a lot further than beating yourself up or guilting yourself.

I'm sorry for all the stress pounding at your door, Katie. This will pass. We all have crap-fest times now and then. It's great to vent here among friends and find the support here and the boost you need. We got your back anytime. You are the mockingjay - you will survive and thrive. to you.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 04-05-2012 at 07:55 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:51 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

mykidsteacher- I grabbed my journal, and the only difference is I have added more salads. Maybe I need to add some extra protein to that and make it a fuller salad. The local grocery store had bagged salad mixes on sale for 99 cents a bag.....I grabbed alot of them...now trying to eat them all before they go bad lol!!! I have been trying to cut down on animal fats too. I have estrogen domaince and my gynie said animal fats need to go. So maybe the hunger is also due to weaning myself of this too. I have been trying to do healthier fats but maybe I dont have enough compared to what I was used to. This is kinda hard to figure out really!!! Need lean meats, cant have soy, so on so on.....uggghhh what we do to be healthy lol!!!!

sazzie-I never heard of OMM. Where do you find them? I have Atkins bars and that but I really dont like them. I save them for really crazy busy days!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
You are the mockingjay - you will survive and thrive. to you.
OMGosh I am the mockingjay!!!!!! I cant beleive you remembered all my mockingjay stuff before the movie came out!!!!!! Hey if Katniss can survive the Hunger games.........I can survive a few DD's!!!!!!!!! I am so putting that in my siggy!! lol!!!!

Edit to add: You know I really have had a crap-fest last 2 weeks havent I!!! Between my dad and work, and even my grandma its been a rough go for me! It will all get better!!! I know it will, god only gives you what you can handle, and boy can I handle alot sometimes!!!!

Last edited by krow134; 04-05-2012 at 08:04 PM..
Old 04-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
sazzie-I never heard of OMM. Where do you find them? I have Atkins bars and that but I really dont like them. I save them for really crazy busy days!
Thanks to Ouizoid here is one recipe for the OneMinuteMuffin

DRY
1/4 cup oat fiber
2 Tbs Hersheys special dark cocoa (20 cals)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 or a little less cup erythritol
1 tsp glucomannan powder

blend dry ingredients

WET
1/3 cup liquid eggwhite (30)
2 Tbs davinci SF vanilla syrup
2 Tbs hersheys sf chocolate syrup (15 cals)

mix together wet and dry and microwave for about a minute. There may be a little moist stuff on top--don't microwave until entirely dry.

Im thinking about 65 calories and 2-3 carbs for the thing. I sliced it up and topped with a little more hersheys sf syrup and it was so YUM. I think adding the glucomannan powder to the dry ingredients gave it a much moister crumb than you usually get with oat fiber--and of course cocoa acts like flour most of the time.
I also add 1 tbsp of pure pumpkin; 1 tbsp psyyllium.

I also add some erythritrol for a bit of sweetness.

I don't measure, but I use a combo of DaVinci's syrup (vanilla & caramel) which is delicious, but any combo or single flavor would do.

With the added ingredients I do need to nuke it a bit longer. My microwave is a bit weaker than most, so experiment and see how long you need to nuke it to get a nice firm consistency

Gracie's Journal
Old 04-06-2012, 05:03 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hatewashingup
Stats: 135/114/108
WOE: Juddd/Vegetable lover!
Start Date: January 2012
Hahaha I always thought people were talking about omelettes, not a muffin!
Also just to mention about benefiber, it is also useful to add to low cal baked goods if you like to bake. It bulks and improves texture, and can replace the bulk of sugar if you are using a liquid sweetener. You can use it in place of polydextrose in any recipe that calls for it.
Hatewashingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:34 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Sazzie!!!! I printed that up! I need to go find this recipe thread and give it a look over too!!!!

So happy to report after resisting and having a good DD and not cheating myself. I hit 177 this am!! Which is just wonderful!!! Because I hit my low of 175 then the scale started pole vaulting, not bouncing, up and up!!!! If I can hit my calories today and then have another really good DD tomorrow. I think I might see that 175 again!! Tomorrow is my offical measuring day too! Gosh I hope that is nice to me too!!!! Gonna check into Flax seed or benefiber today still!!! Need something to get me by for the moment, until the JUDDD magic kicks back in and I dont feel like I am starving to death on my DD's again!
Old 04-06-2012, 05:46 AM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Someone please explain to me why I'm up so early???
Old 04-06-2012, 05:54 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Someone please explain to me why I'm up so early???
I know the feeling!! I was so excited to be able to sleep in today. But I woke in a panic thinking I slept in. So ran around the house getting ready for work and realized I was off today!! The only good news of it was.....I already got my teeth brushed and make up on for the day!!
Old 04-06-2012, 05:55 AM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, I guess I'll have breakfast and get started... sigh. Maybe a nap later!
Old 04-06-2012, 06:06 AM   #137
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I'm up between 4:00 and 4:30 every day. Ugh. It doesn't matter if I go to bed early or stay up late.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:09 AM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I'm up between 4:00 and 4:30 every day. Ugh. It doesn't matter if I go to bed early or stay up late.
Thats my husband!!! He hates it too!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:06 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: northandcold23
Stats: 134/117/112
I feel yuck today. It is a DD so good thing. Tired, tummy even blah. I do not have to work so that is good, but I have a few things to finish up for the weekend.
My poor dog (she is almost 16) has the fatty cyst on the inside of her leg. She has had it a long time, now suddenly she is licking it constantly and it looks really bad. You cannot even imagine how disgusting it is. The vet cannot lance it until Wednesday. I am doing all I can to stop her from licking it so it does not get worse, but it is stressing me out a bit.

I am off to make her some dog biscuits!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:16 AM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Well, yesterday's DD ended up being a MD again!!! My social life is taking over my JUDDD plan! 1000 cals!

So today will be the true DD and tomorrow an UD!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:42 AM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Katie--I bet the less protein and change in fats is contributing. Go for olive oil and coconut oil, butter too unless that's an animal fat you are watching (butter from grass fed cows won't have the hormones, nor will organic if you can get it). Try bulking your salads and see if it helps.

N&C sorry you and your dog aren't doing well today. Praying you both get better quick.

Sunday, you might find it tough to do a dd after a MD since you aren't fully fueled. Might be better off to do a good UD and go for the DD tomorrow. What did you do the day before yesterday? You don't want too many low cal days in a row or you won't relieve the hunger stress response.

DD for me today, and I got to see a weight drop after an UD. That has only happened like once before for me. Back to my new low I saw a couple days ago. YAY! No food so far. I'm liking fasting till lunch. When I first started, I couldn't do this. I HAD to have breakfast or I got head achy and shaky. JUDDD magic I suppose.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Tina, Thank you for advice!

Here is my last week...

3.29 877
3.30 461
3.31 1500
4.01 330
4.02 2462
4.03 436
4.04 1728
4.05 1008

I thought about doing 500 today and tomorrow 1700.

Last edited by sunday; 04-06-2012 at 08:23 AM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Hey Tanya - glad to hear you made it through yesterday! Good for you!

My weight dropped yesterday after an UD but I didn't really drink enough water so I'm on the dry side. But, hey, when you are up 2.2 for the week, you take anything that craptastic scale throws at you.

I also wanted to say you guys are such such a great group.
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:43 AM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh shoot, I don't know whether to be happy or disappointed!!

Today is our bowling banquet and I went to put a dressy pant suit on, and the pants are baggy and don't look spiffy anymore.

It's a good thing I have high wedgies on, otherwise I'd be tripping all over these things!

I'll opt for being happy!
Old 04-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #145

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:

Soren
Brilliant job Soren, you are really it.

Quote:

I think its to do with TOM, its suppose to be here any day now. But with me it could be tomorrow, or it could be 2 months from now. Doc diagnosed me with fibroids, but no matter the asking, begging and pleading he wont look at PCOS. Which I beleive may be my problem. I need a second opinion, but I just dont have time in my day to take off work and do that right now.

I am proud that I started running again. I have been running a 1/2 mile a day since march 15th. Well I missed a day or two in there due to time restraints. And 1/2 mile is usually best I can get in for now. I come home from work, grab my MP3 and run for about 10 mins, then come in and make dinner after my 10 hour work day. So 1/2 is just great for the lack of 1/2 miles I have ran over the years. Hopefully by summer I will be up to a mile!!! Getting there!!!

Well enough complaining for me! I am going back to read more of this thread! How it got past me is beyond me!!!
I agree with all the good advice you have been given already. You really must remember that you are a wonderful supportive successful woman!

Quote:

The hungry feeling is overwhelming at times and I dont want to cave to it!!! I dont know what happened that, that hungry feeling came back after dissappearing. I log all my calories in my journal and allow for accident overages. So I dont know, it will pass I guess!!!
I do know what you are going through, all of us have this happen now and again. I had a day like that last DD, and now, today I am just sailing through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northandcold23 View Post
I feel yuck today. It is a DD so good thing. Tired, tummy even blah. I do not have to work so that is good, but I have a few things to finish up for the weekend.
My poor dog (she is almost 16) has the fatty cyst on the inside of her leg. She has had it a long time, now suddenly she is licking it constantly and it looks really bad. You cannot even imagine how disgusting it is. The vet cannot lance it until Wednesday. I am doing all I can to stop her from licking it so it does not get worse, but it is stressing me out a bit.

I am off to make her some dog biscuits!
Sorry you aren't up to par N&C and hope your lovely old dog is doing okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
Oh shoot, I don't know whether to be happy or disappointed!!

Today is our bowling banquet and I went to put a dressy pant suit on, and the pants are baggy and don't look spiffy anymore.

It's a good thing I have high wedgies on, otherwise I'd be tripping all over these things!

I'll opt for being happy!
Now, Gracie, why is it I am not surprised at your choice? Love you lady. x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Hey Tanya - glad to hear you made it through yesterday! Good for you!

My weight dropped yesterday after an UD but I didn't really drink enough water so I'm on the dry side. But, hey, when you are up 2.2 for the week, you take anything that craptastic scale throws at you.

I also wanted to say you guys are such such a great group.
Thans to great people like YOU Elgee. Already offering advice and support.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #146

Sophie, thanks for your support, I am still not quite certain weather to lower my goal. I am silly to keep it at 126 when I haven't been that high in months.

But if I set it at, say 124, will I get depressed if I go over it???

I am having an easy DD today, I had to have lunch at a pub with a friend and enjoyed some red pepper and tomato soup with some baguette, followed by a cappuccino, and yes, I ate the little mint chocolate that came with it. Didn't even mind the others drinking red wine.......my diet coke was fine.

Now I have huge pan of vegetable soup cooking and the house smells great. I could eat gallons of that and still be under my calories for the day.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Sophie, thanks for your support, I am still not quite certain weather to lower my goal. I am silly to keep it at 126 when I haven't been that high in months.

But if I set it at, say 124, will I get depressed if I go over it???
Cindy, if I may make a suggestion to you.

Keep your current goal weight and go with the flow and see where it takes you. You may find that YOU won't be making the decision, but your body will!

You may also want to lower it a lb. at a time (say 125) and relax and let the JUDDD magic continue on!

We don't want you to get depressed! Stay the happy self-confident woman that you are!!

Make sense?
Old 04-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #148

Totally! Wise words as always Gracie, thank you.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah, sweet friend, you are quite welcome!

Now, I must get off of this computer and start making my stuffed artichokes for Easter.....
Old 04-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

What a great day off this has been so far!!!

Went shopping with the kids, got SF iced coffee's and hit the road. We got clothes and no one aurgued. Got stuff for Easter dinner. Went to lunch at taco bell, had two soft taco's wasnt really hungry but needed to eat. I grabbed benefiber for super cheap!!! Finished up Easter basket stuff......even found me SF peeps!!!!!! Stopped and got the cutiest wood shelves for the corner of my living room. The kids and I also stopped at my in-laws grave site and decorated it for spring. Got home and washed load of laundry and working on boiling eggs to dye and making dinner.................even had some energy left to clean up the house a bit..............I really needed the day off!!!! I am so enjoying it!!!!!