Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 06:04 AM   #421
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I am back from the goat show. Had a junior doe win Best in Show so I am a happy camper.
Oh wow, reminds me of my rabbit days! I miss those rabbits, the rabbit people, and the shows! But, life moves on!

Congrats on your win! I know how satisfying that is!
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2012, 06:27 AM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiebubb View Post
So today I better get my butt in gear. I knew I shouldnt of done a FD on friday. I knew with everything in me it would be bad. My whole weekend has turned into a series of FD's. I knew thats how it would end up. Even with the best of intentions I still managed to mess up the whole weekend. So today I will make this DD count and hopefully get back into the swing of it all! Lucky for me its monday so the work week is starting in a few. That will help!! I am nervous for next week though. Work makes it hard to eat, but I am on vacation next week!!! I need to make this week count, and see a nice drop on the scale and inches to keep me motivated for next week! I was up to 178 this am!! Uggghhhh so dissappointed in myself right now............ Oh well today is a new day and a new week.......I can do it!!!
You can do this! You will have a good week of controlled eating and be in good shape to enjoy your vacation. After which you will come back and get right back on track. I know you will!

Quote:

I am back from the goat show. Had a junior doe win Best in Show so I am a happy camper.
Talked to another goat person that has lost 100 pounds in the past year and a half on WW. Told her what plan I was doing and she said she had read that "normal" thin people actually eat that way a lot naturally. I am thinking back when I was thin for years and I do remember having a very light lunch if I was planning on eating out in the evening. Too bad I got away from that natural instinct on eating.
Congrats on the doe winning!

You know, when I was thin, I NEVER ate breakfast, ever. Sometimes I'd raid the vending machines mid morning, but usually my first meal was lunch. Started that in high school when I'd rather sleep 15 minutes more than get up to eat. LOL I started eating breakfast when I was pregnant with my first, and have struggled with my weight ever since. So I'm fasting till lunch on DD's. On UD's I'm eating, but mainly because I can't get enough cals in if I don't.

Kissa, thinking of you and your family.

Looking back at the 2 weeks after I came back from my mom's to see what I was eating that helped me lose those 4 pounds (not that I really want to lose more, but I do want my 125 to stick). I had great appetite suppression those weeks, and lately I've been extra hungry on both UD and DD's.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:51 AM   #423
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
I've not been here for a couple of days and so many good things happening with my JUDDD BUDDS!

Tracey is now in maintenance! What a thrill that is!

Cindy and Stitch, I'm sending healing vibes for your loved ones.

Everything is dandy here and am still happily maintaining

I know I've missed other good news so I'm off to get caught up!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:39 AM   #424
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stitch
Stats: 141/123.2/105
WOE: Very low carb switched to JUDDD
Start Date: 2nd February '12
Hello, thanks for all your kindness and thoughts. I just got back from seeing him there and they think he's fine now, probably let him home tomorrow.
Thanks again.xxx
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #425
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
I got the more expensive brand from walmart just to see how it worked. I didnt want to spend a ton of money for crap pretty much!! But This stuff is working for me so I will keep getting it. Its $10 a bottle, its called Resvinatrol Complete. Each bottle is a months supply!
Quote:
I havent updated on my resveratrol for a while, you reminded me. Same thing with me, no hunger. And when I do have a hunger pain I drink water and it goes away, so its tech not a hunger pain but my body is thirsty. I havent lost anymore weight. I keep going from 173 to 177 to 173 every other day right now. But looking at my weigh chart. I will bounce below 173 soon. I think its due to I cant get all my calories in on UD's. Just not hungry and I have tried but the one day the best I could do was 1100 calories when I needed 1800. I tried to eat more but started gagging because I was so full that I just couldnt do it. Yesterday was an UD and same thing, think I got in 1300 and just couldnt get anymore in without the gagging again. I think if I can get my 1800 in I will def. bounce below 173!!!!

I am truely loving that the resveratrol is helping me alot!!! I think I may have to do 2 pills on DD's and cut the dosage to 1 on UD's and see if it helps!

I think my body is playing catch up too. I measured today just to check, and I am same measurements as Saturdays numbers. So I dont expect a great loss if any on Saturday when I offically record it in my journal. Tomorrow should be 173 on the scale again. Heres to atleast a 172 lol!!!
I got the Resvinatrol from Walmart on Saturday. I took two on Saturday and didn't notice any difference in my hunger, but it was mid-day when I took it. I had a burst of energy in the afternoon. I took two yesterday, on an UD and didn't notice any difference with my hunger, but I did have a lot more energy in the late afternoon/early evening. I took two this morning, a DD, and I ate my regular DD breakfast. It's almost lunch time, and I'm not even remotely hungry yet. I will keep taking it and see what happens.

I started thyroid meds 5 weeks ago, and it takes 6 weeks or so to build up, so I can't say for sure if my energy is increasing because of the thyroid meds or because of the Resvinatrol.

10/24/11 @ 277.6
January 2014 @ 145
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:13 PM   #426

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
Good news and awful news.

The awful news: Came home from work at about 6.45pm, found out my boyfriend is the the hospital. He's so lonely there and I'm so worried. It's so worrying that he's only 21 and very fit and he's had heart troubles already. I guess he eats a bit too much junk, he's insanely muscular and eats constantly, good and bad food, but he never puts on any fat so I guess it's hard to reign himself in when there's no visible consequences. My lifestyle is far worse than his, it's just not fair.
I am so sorry about your BF, he is so young how very worrying.

I am pleased that you are losing weight, but I know that that is not what is highest in your mind just now.

Sending you my

Quote:
Stitch I am sorry about your BF. I hope he gets better soon!!

Kissa How is your FIL? Are you all holding up ok?

So today I better get my butt in gear. I knew I shouldnt of done a FD on friday. I knew with everything in me it would be bad. My whole weekend has turned into a series of FD's. I knew thats how it would end up. Even with the best of intentions I still managed to mess up the whole weekend. So today I will make this DD count and hopefully get back into the swing of it all! Lucky for me its monday so the work week is starting in a few. That will help!! I am nervous for next week though. Work makes it hard to eat, but I am on vacation next week!!! I need to make this week count, and see a nice drop on the scale and inches to keep me motivated for next week! I was up to 178 this am!! Uggghhhh so dissappointed in myself right now............ Oh well today is a new day and a new week.......I can do it!!!
Yes you can do it, and hey, that was such a wonderful weekend it is worth it!

Thanks for your concern about my FIL, he is doing pretty well. It pales into insignificance after Stitch's problems. 95 is a good long life, and 21 is so very young.

Quote:
I can certainly relate. I had a 3 pound drop last week after a fasting DD and the diet mentality tries to set in and say "Do it again". Not the thing to do. must eat on the UD. And I am also at a set point that I stayed at for about a year so it is really hard to get below that weight. My old body is just too comfy there. BUT it will pass. EVENTUALLY. Just keep plugging along.

I am back from the goat show. Had a junior doe win Best in Show so I am a happy camper. Have no idea if I have lost anything since yesterday was an UD. We shall see in the morning. Hardest DD I have ever done was fasting (except for one cup of coffee and lots of water) AND dragging goats around all day. BUT I did it and then slept for 12 hours. I was tired. Then I had Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream for dinner on the way home from the show last night. YUM. I was so thristy SUnday. I drank and drank and drank plain water.

Talked to another goat person that has lost 100 pounds in the past year and a half on WW. Told her what plan I was doing and she said she had read that "normal" thin people actually eat that way a lot naturally. I am thinking back when I was thin for years and I do remember having a very light lunch if I was planning on eating out in the evening. Too bad I got away from that natural instinct on eating.
So delighted about you Best in Show, Adi.

Yes it is a shame we lost our natural relationship with food.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #427

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyla View Post

For Kissa and Stitch. Hope your loved ones are doing better. Healing thoughts to them and you all.
Thanks Shelby, as I said earlier, Stitch's BF is so much more worrying.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:59 PM   #428
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I got the Resvinatrol from Walmart on Saturday. I took two on Saturday and didn't notice any difference in my hunger, but it was mid-day when I took it. I had a burst of energy in the afternoon. I took two yesterday, on an UD and didn't notice any difference with my hunger, but I did have a lot more energy in the late afternoon/early evening. I took two this morning, a DD, and I ate my regular DD breakfast. It's almost lunch time, and I'm not even remotely hungry yet. I will keep taking it and see what happens.

I started thyroid meds 5 weeks ago, and it takes 6 weeks or so to build up, so I can't say for sure if my energy is increasing because of the thyroid meds or because of the Resvinatrol.
When I take it I notice it because my hunger is gone! When I dont take it I know, because most of the food in my fridge is gone! I was trying to cut my dosage for UD's and take the full dose for DD's. But I found that wasnt working for me. I was just plain starving all weekend! It could of had to do with all the food I ate at the wedding, but honestly I figured those calories to have only been around 1000! I would of made my UD if I wouldnt of stopped at mcdonalds for breakfast and taco bell for lunch. So it was more all the food I ate that friday. But anyways back to the correct dosage and today being a DD I have only had 300 calories, and not hungry so pretty much done for the day! Well I might have a yogurt. I found 120 calorie grasshopper yogurt temptations. They are realllllllllly good!!!

Not sure how thyroid meds work. I just pass them to residents, but I have never had to take them. So unsure if thats your energy boost or not. I did have the same thing with the resvinatrol with the energy burst. But I figured I was on JUDDD atleast 3 weeks so I already had the magic flowing, those pills I think just gave that magic an extra wand!!! Let me know how your hunger keeps going. I am curious still if its just mind over matter for me!!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:40 PM   #429
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Thanks everyone for the congrats on my goat win.
LAst week I started having coffee with HWC for breakfast and water the rest of the day for my DD's. I have continued to do that even with going out of town. It is easier than worrying about what to eat etc. We shall see how long this phase lasts. If I continue to lose weight at the rate of at least a pound a week, I will probably continue it. I do not get hungry and I am taking a very small dose of resveratrol (37.5 mg of trans-resveratrol) on my DD's. I don't take it on my UD's. Have no idea if that is helping with feeling no hunger. I drink a lot of water since I feel thirsty on DD's but yesterday on an UD I could not get enough water.
At leaast I am truly saving money on my DD's right now. I am drinking tap water too so it is basically free.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #430
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Looked at WM for resveratrol, and the only one they had had d3 in it, and I already take a good d3 supp and don't want to add more. I need to place an order with the big book site soon, so I will look for one there.

But I realized the reason for my starving days the past couple days--TOM showed up a couple days early. Today has been quite reasonable food wise. In fact I need a 50-75 calorie snack to keep me from being too far under my goal, but I'm full from supper.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #431
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelbyla
Stats: 210/153/145
WOE: hhCG, rx hCG
Start Date: rx hCG R7 start 02/16/14
Well yesterday ended up being a high-ish DD because I was really hungry by evening. I googled Bikram yoga and considering I burned over 1000 calories in my 90 minute session yesterday, I think I still came in at a fair deficit! Tomorrow is another Bikram class. Hopefully I will be able to make it through a bit better. Way too much resting between poses yesterday (it HAS been 10 years...) but I guess resting is better than passing out! I had a good MD today coming in around 1500-1600 calories with an UD planned for tomorrow. I fasted before class yesterday and I will be curious to see the difference between the two experiences.

I also picked up some resveratrol (you guys got me curious) to see if it makes a difference on DD. One thing that everyone should be aware of is that resveratrol can also mimic some of the same effects as estrogen supplementation. If you supplement BHRT and take resveratrol, you might want to google it. Or mention it back here and I will dig up the details. My hormone doc prescribed it to me to make my own estrogen more bioavailable because it binds my OTT SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin). Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else might be impacted...

'Nite all. Sweet dreams...
hhCG round 3 - 01/03/12, 23 days, pellets, 3/3/3, 157->141
_hCG round 4 - 05/05/12, 24 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 148->136
_hCG round 5 - 08/11/12, 26 days, rx hCG, 125iU, 159->140
_hCG round 6 - 08/05/13, 26 days, rx hCG, 150-200iU, 160->146
_hCG round 7 - 02/16/14, 33 days, rx hCG, 150iU, ~175->???
shelbyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:35 AM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyla View Post
I also picked up some resveratrol (you guys got me curious) to see if it makes a difference on DD. One thing that everyone should be aware of is that resveratrol can also mimic some of the same effects as estrogen supplementation. If you supplement BHRT and take resveratrol, you might want to google it. Or mention it back here and I will dig up the details. My hormone doc prescribed it to me to make my own estrogen more bioavailable because it binds my OTT SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin). Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else might be impacted...
Thank you for this!! When I get home from work later I will have to look this up!! The main reason I came to JUDDD, was because even thought my gynie loves LC for many things. I make too much estrogen and he said LC will hurt more than help and suggested I stop. Its because of the animal fats and estrogen hides in those fats too due to hormones they give the animals.

I looked up lots of details before I took resveratrol. I always try to know the good and bad of the vitamins I take. But I never seen anything about the resveratrol and estrogen mimic's. I dont take any hormones so maybe it wont affect me, but none the less, I will look it up for sure!!!

Thank you again for the info!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 05:59 AM   #433
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Katiebub! So this is what I remember from what my doc told me (in case it helps)...

If your FREE estrogen is normal/high and your SHBG is moderate/low, resveratrol will BIND free estrogen and make it lower (so might be a good thing in your case if your FREE estrogen is too high).

If your FREE estrogen is normal/high and your SHBG is high, your free estrogen can't be used by the body because it's all being bound by the SHBG. In that case (mine), the resveratrol is seen by the body as estrogen and it binds to the SHBG, thus freeing up your own estrogen for use by the body.

If your FREE estrogen is low, resveratrol can act as an estrogen replacement.

Of course this assumes that you have had your FREE estrogen and SHBG both tested--most docs don't do SHBG and WON'T do free estrogen. Regardless of how much free estrogen you have, if you have too much SHBG, your body can't use it (same with testosterone). I am hypo-adrenal and hypo-thyroid and my thyroid meds (T3) cause my SHBG to skyrocket so I test my s** hormones regularly. I am also a hormonal mess and obviously know WAAAAY more about this stuff than I want to!
Old 04-24-2012, 06:39 AM   #434
Major LCF Poster!

see my gynie never tested it. Didnt test alot of things, but thats another story! Anyways, I have fibroid and polyp issues that were wreckin havoic with monthly issues. He said to have a uterus as full of fibroids that I do (uterus size of 3 month pregnancy) means my estrogen is way to high. Mix in family history of breast and uterine cancers he said to nix LC. After reading what you wrote I have to wonder something. Since starting resvertrol, my monthly has been normal, on time, and last time I lacked the pms rage. I really need to look this up later now! I apperciate what you wrote above and will look all that up also! I wanted resvertol for heart health but if this can work with other issues to that would be wonderful! the whole point of JUDDD and weightloss for me is to keep my woman parts! But I need to make sure also! Gosh I hope its all ok, this would just be a wonderful plus if so!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 07:02 AM   #435
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Oh my. I haven't visited this thread in a while and there are an abundance of posts and things happening, so I'll never be able to comment on all of them like I'd like to!

Katie, LOVED those pictures and that you had an awesome time! You'll never forget it.

I would love to have seen some of these topics as their own threads, cause it's so interesting and I would have missed if it I didn't read all through this one, things like Katiebubb's pictures, the resveratrol stuff, successes, etc.

Now I know not to be a stranger to this thread! I may not post in it regularly, but if I don't read in it I will certainly miss out on lots of good stuff. LOL. Hope everyone's having a great day, whether down or up!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:06 AM   #436
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I am so sorry I haven't really been here today. Family visits because of FIL (95) in hospital.

to the strugglers, I promise to be around tomorrow. May not have answers but I'll still try to offer support. xxx

And Elgee... new decade and new low! Yay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
Hello, thanks for all your kindness and thoughts. I just got back from seeing him there and they think he's fine now, probably let him home tomorrow.
Thanks again.xxx
Cindy, sorry to hear about your FIL, and hoping for the best for him, for you and all your family. You've been a constant cheerleader for us here, so just relax and take care of yourself and recharge.

Stitch, so glad to hear this great news!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:07 AM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lillianna
Stats: 233/210/150 5'6"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Every day!
JUDDD Day 9 ramblings:

I love all the support here --thank you! What a great place...

Thoughts on JUDDD:

I'm often more hungry on UDs than DDs, weird, huh? I've always had a huge appetite, though --even on Atkins.

Another weird thing: I go to bed on a DD feeling hungry-- and wake up wanting nothing to do with food at all. I almost hate to eat my big UD breakfast because the hunger will set in less than two hours later--even if it's a very low carb breakfast.

I realized that the main thing I'm loving about JUDDD is that I barely have to cook anymore. My DDs are some combination of yogurt, cottage cheese and a protein wrapped in lettuce, or mixed with shredded cabbage and light mayo --I've been loving the packaged, cooked chicken meatballs for my protein.

On UDs I can eat whatever (still lowish carb) I want. For example the other day I ate a few rice cakes with PB & J for lunch and used regular jam. Later I had a few squares of dark chocolate, a bologna sandwich on an oopsie roll, and two gluten free cookies. I've always been more of an all-day snacker than a meal eater so I'm loving being able to 'graze'. Counting my UD calories has been a real eye-opener, thought. The first few UDs I went overboard...

I had a great weekend -- ate up to my UD and DD calorie limit by about 6:30 pm and I was done. I don't have a smart phone or any special way to track calories so I'm going very low tech --a small square of paper in my back pocket where I write down every calorie I eat.

...and my last rambling thought - today I feel lighter!
Lillianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 225/225/150
Start Date: 05/05/2014
Quote:

Goodness hopes this shows correctly. I made a mish mash of pictures. Thought it would be easier to post!!

The top picture is my dad, Tom, my sister Lena, my sister Teresa, my mom Neva, and me! See told ya all I am the fat short sister. Sadly I had 3" heels on and both of my sisters were barefoot!

The blonde with me in the pic to the left is my 15 y/o daughter Katie! (part of the Katiebubb!!). She was my date, as my hubby and son couldnt make it!

Then there is Teresa and my new BIL Harry to the right.

To the left below, she had heart shaped sparklers as a send off to them. It really was so beautiful at night like that!

In the middle is a distorted pic of her wedding cake!

To the right bottom is Lena and my BIL Ron!
What wonderful pictures. Thank you for sharing. I just bought that pink and black dress on Sunday to maybe wear when I go to Napa for wedding for the "meet and greet" Friday night before wedding.

I have lots to catch up with on posts. For me weekend ended up not too bad and not too good. I was down for weigh in on Monday morning so that was good. However, today the scale was up 3 from yesterday (bounces). I am making myself be more accountable on my tracking of calories. Find myself getting lazy with those from Fri-Sun - but I am working at it.

This is the longest I have stayed with the plan for many years, and have no intention of stopping.. this is working for me. Slow yes, but I am ok with it. I am exercising also so I am hoping to be toning up also. Just like Dora (fish on Nemo) says "Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming" but I will just keep Judding, just keep Judding...

Ok, back to reading and catching up with all the Judders.

Last edited by carla70; 04-24-2012 at 10:34 AM..
carla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #439
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
see my gynie never tested it. Didnt test alot of things, but thats another story! Anyways, I have fibroid and polyp issues that were wreckin havoic with monthly issues. He said to have a uterus as full of fibroids that I do (uterus size of 3 month pregnancy) means my estrogen is way to high. Mix in family history of breast and uterine cancers he said to nix LC. After reading what you wrote I have to wonder something. Since starting resvertrol, my monthly has been normal, on time, and last time I lacked the pms rage. I really need to look this up later now! I apperciate what you wrote above and will look all that up also! I wanted resvertol for heart health but if this can work with other issues to that would be wonderful! the whole point of JUDDD and weightloss for me is to keep my woman parts! But I need to make sure also! Gosh I hope its all ok, this would just be a wonderful plus if so!!!
I WILL say that I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV... HOWEVER, as another fyi, there are a LOT of places online that you can order your own blood tests at very reasonable prices. You print out the requisition and walk into your nearest Labcorp. They then send YOU the results.

On a completely random other note, I just ate the BEST UD salad. I was all but moaning at my desk! I also bit the cr@p out of my lip which I do when I eat too fast! ~900 calories for lunch today ahead of my Bikram yoga class at 6pm. We'll see if it helps my performance.

I also have a very good friend that has managed to eliminate her fibroids with acupunture treatments and herbs. Worth a shot anyway instead of or at least AHEAD of surgery.

Last edited by shelbyla; 04-24-2012 at 12:44 PM..
Old 04-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #440
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Stitch
Stats: 141/123.2/105
WOE: Very low carb switched to JUDDD
Start Date: 2nd February '12
Rough day. BF still in the hospital and there's a whole lot of drama going on. So tired. I've been sticking to my rotations, fasting on DD's but I haven't been paying any attention to what or how much I've been eating on UD's. It's not important now anyway, I'll pull it together when things settle down. Hope everyone is doing well.x
Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:43 PM   #441
Blabbermouth!!!

Stitch - here's hoping for peace and calm and recovery for you and BF...
Old 04-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #442
Major LCF Poster!

ty Sophie and Carla!!!! Gosh I got to see a few of the pictures others took.......and well I will not ever be posting those!!!!! I have always had the chubbiest cheeks and I think in most of those pictures the cheeks swallowed up my face!!!!!!!!!!! OMGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2012, 06:13 PM   #443
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Showcats
Stats: 193/168.6/150 5'6" Age 48
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 4/1/12 (177.8)
I am up a little after week 3 but not discouraged at all. TOM came (when will it ever end - I am 48!). I also started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred on Sunday. I am very sore so I am thinking water retention. I did day 2 (also DD) today and I think strained my back. Sitting with a heating pad now. Otherwise feel good. Before on WW I would never have been able to exercise at 7:00 at night without eating all day.

It is good that I am not an emotional eater. My mother is very ill and we don't know if she will get better. She has cancer and kidney failure and also is malnourished. I travel to see her about every two weeks (she is 7 hours away in Tennessee).

This board has been such a great support system. My huband doesn't need to lose weight and has been very supportive as well. Thank you all! Reading all the great posts has kept my mind busy.
Old 04-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #444
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Manday
Stats: 250/233/130 5'3"
Start Date: 4/19/2012
Originally Posted by shelbyla

I'm so glad I stumbled in here! I was about to go get some resveratrol, but if it messes with or mimics estrogen in any way, I can't take it! I have Factor V Leiden which increases my chances of blood clots and estrogen-like substances (like birth control pills) increases it further. Since I've already had multiple pulmonary embolisms and complete blockages in my legs, I think I WILL STAY AWAY FROM THIS STUFF. Thanks again for posting this!
Manday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #445
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showcats View Post
I am up a little after week 3 but not discouraged at all. TOM came (when will it ever end - I am 48!). I also started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred on Sunday. I am very sore so I am thinking water retention. I did day 2 (also DD) today and I think strained my back. Sitting with a heating pad now. Otherwise feel good. Before on WW I would never have been able to exercise at 7:00 at night without eating all day.

It is good that I am not an emotional eater. My mother is very ill and we don't know if she will get better. She has cancer and kidney failure and also is malnourished. I travel to see her about every two weeks (she is 7 hours away in Tennessee).

This board has been such a great support system. My huband doesn't need to lose weight and has been very supportive as well. Thank you all! Reading all the great posts has kept my mind busy.
Big hugs to you, Tammy! So glad you have great support in your life for all you're going through. Glad you are feeling fine and eating well through this.

Last edited by sophiethecat; 04-24-2012 at 06:58 PM..
Old 04-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #446
Major LCF Poster!

Ok I have been researching resveratrol, and I am conflicted. From what I can see its a estrogen blocker, so in my case it can help. Its also an natural anti-coagulant and anti-platelet which will thin the blood and means less chance of blood clots, and decrease the stickiness of blood platelets which in turn helps keep your arteries and veins clear.

From what I have seen drugs that resveratrol may impact include HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors, calcium channel agonists, anti-arrhythmic agents, HIV protease inhibitors, immunosuppressants, antihistimines and erectile dysfunction medications. Which I am on none of, exspecially the last!!! lol!!!

It inhibits the growth of some cancers, but will increase the growth of others like breast cancer.

Its suppose to help with skin, aging signs, reduces inflammations, and helps with lower cholestrol. It also helps to speed up metabolism and counteract the formation of fat cells. However it should not be used as an obesity prevention.

I also found a research study that says its a natural estrogen blocker. The study says it forces your body to use what is in your system before you create more, if I understood that right. Green tea and milk thistle is also mentioned to do the same thing. Milk thistle was said to help clear your liver, where high amounts of estrogen can build and cause a fatty liver. Fibroids was also mentioned in this study also! It said "Resveratrol has recently been discovered to have phytoestrogenic activity as well. In other conditions where a woman's estrogen levels are too high, such as in uterine fibroids, phytoestrogens compete with the estrogens of the body and are protective against their damaging effects. Resveratrol's connection to uterine fibroids was determined by a number of in vitro studies, outlined on the resveratrol database, Resveratrol.com. The database noted that resveratrol specifically inhibited fibroid cell growth and caused death of fibroid cells in vitro. Resveratrol's properties as a phytoestrogen, according to Resveratrol.com, occurs secondary to its ability to weakly bind to fibroid tumors and protect them from the strongly stimulating estrogens of the body."

I also found another study on shrinking fibroids with red wine, and resveratrol mentioned for a great effect. Goes back to the fatty liver thing, and with red wine makes your liver work harder, where resveratrol isnt alcohol and doesnt affect your liver the same.

It seems, that resveratrol is good for what I wanted it for. More for heart health than the weighloss part. But I never knew the connection that seems good with fibroids until tonight. Which makes me really want to take it. I need to speak with my doctor, but I know how that will go! "Stop reading internet, it no good, I tell you what good." Which he never seems to these days!!! Need new gynie, just no time in my life at the moment!!

Hmmmmmm! what to think, what to think......I think I will continue for now. It seems to be helping my monthly issues and controlling my hunger. I dont seem to have side effects that I am aware of. Maybe a few more months of this and see what it does!

Last edited by krow134; 04-24-2012 at 07:46 PM..
Old 04-24-2012, 07:51 PM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Tammy, I am very sorry about your mother. You and your family will be in my prayers. Glad everyone here is so sweet and compassionate and supportive. (and your hubby too). Stay strong and keep us posted.

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:49 AM   #448

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Tammy.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:12 AM   #449
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 225/225/150
Start Date: 05/05/2014
Tammy - prayers to you and your family

I started taking Resveratrol on Monday - I haven't noticed too much yet. So we will see how it goes. However, I did notice on DD yesterday I wasn't as hungry and when I did eat I got full fast.

Feeling a little down today, not giving up on JUDDD because I know it works, just that I haven't been doing rotations as I should (weekends) and therefore my weight has fluctuated the same 3 pounds for the last few weeks. Just going to give myself a big kick in the rear and keep trying.

Seeing the success of everyone here and the little success I have had so far makes me believe that this is the WOE for me. I just have to follow it better and not let weekends and functions get in the way. I need to be strong and make good choices and track EVERYTHING better.

Ok, enough of my pity party, today is new day and yesterday was a successful DD. I am make this a successful UD!

TTFN
carla70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:16 AM   #450
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gharkness
WOE: RNY Gastric Bypass 02-02-2007
Quote:
I just have to follow it better and not let weekends and functions get in the way. I need to be strong and make good choices and track EVERYTHING better.
There's no doubt about it - weekends are the hardest! Wish I could give you some magic words, but it just takes doing. Plan....plan, and plan some more. Figure out what you can eat the entire day ahead of time that stays within your calorie limits, and write it down. Emphasize foods you like that have volume...then, don't consider anything that's not on that list!

Yes, I know it's hard, but if you plan ahead, it can be managed.
gharkness is offline   Reply With Quote