Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Muffabuff
Stats: 5ft tall start 143 now 116.5
WOE: LC / JUDDD. Started juddd 3/26/12
Start Date: 11/15/12
Anyone else feel this way also?

I'm nearing the end of another DD and I'm starting to get a familiar feeling. It's the feeling of accomplishment. Down days kind of feel like a little game to me, like a challenge but in a good way. I'm taking them one at a time and as I complete each one I feel like I've accomplished something really positive, not just for vanity but for my overall health and well being. This is what I like so much about JUDD, we are doing so many good things for ourselves! It's almost like the weight loss is a perk lol. I like not having to feel like I have this tremendous diet journey on my shoulders but rather short "day trips." So much easier to deal with and without all the deprivation and possibility of guilt. it is almost tomorrow and I will be going to "food world" for my day trip, I can't wait I have some yummy things planned lol. I only plan on visiting my scale once a week and only after a down day so as not to make myself too crazy, that might be a short trip lol. I love reading all of your posts, they are so motivating and supportive. Here is a quote I wanted to share.

Life is not measured by the breathes you take but by the moments that take your breath away.

Have a great day whether up or down!
Muffabuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
I hear you!
I'm going to do my 2nd DD tomorrow, but I know what you mean-- I didn't go nuts today on my first real UD, but I also ate at a restaurant (set menu for a special event) and though I only tasted and had bits of the higher carb stuff (and that was my choice), I don't feel GUILTY.
I would've done the exact same thing if I were LC'ing today, but I'd feel guilty about it.

love the lack of guilt! It's my choice to eat the foods I do for my calorie limit. I choose to eat a certain way b/c I like how it makes me feel-- I have issues with sugar/starch.
However, a bit of 9 grain risotto? OMG heaven.

tomorrow is my 2nd DD (said that already, dind't I? :LOL: ) and I have a plan, and sticking to the plan makes me feel like you said-- accomplished.

Especially if I don't go to bed hungry-- that's like a double word score or a power-up in a game or something!

Soren

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Yes! Yes! Yes! DD is really much more than a fasting day! I tried to explain this once and didn't know if I got it across to everyone, but I LOVE the freedom from concerns about eating! The energy, the overall clean feeling, the spiritual boost, and the general well being. I usually don't have time to post on DD, because I am so wrapped up in enjoying freedom to do anything but eat!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Great posts, Muffabuff and Soren! You're doing great!!

I know what you mean, Muffabuff, about that feeling of accomplishment at the end of the DD - you've not only survived, you've done well, and you're doing great things for your body (even besides the weight loss!) And with JUDDD you just take it one day at a time. There's no guilt because no food is off limits. You get to decide how you want to use your calories. It's food freedom - the possibilities are endless.

Same wonderful things that you said too, Soren - no need to feel guilt! It's just food! (like Pirate Jenny said in one of her quotes - "Murder = bad. How can cake be bad? Cake good." lol, something like that, I'm horrible with quotes! ) Anyway, with JUDDD food starts to lose its power over you. Nothing is forbidden, you can always have it again, and so it loses that "all or nothing" sway it used to have. All JUDDD cares about as far as what you eat is the calorie amounts.

KUTGW you guys!!!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:23 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mom22boys
Stats: 147/124.6/118 5'2"
WOE: Juddd & Low Carb
Start Date: Started Juddd 2/1/12
I totally agree!!! I feel great when I am under my calorie goal for dd which is getting to be almost every dd. When I am thinking about food I just turn my thinking to that bathing suit I will be wearing and although I may be far from perfect I am getting better every day.

I have been saving 100 calories for the night time just in case and rarely use it. I think I am less hungry just knowing I can still eat if I wanted to.

Have fun on your journey
mom22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:31 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Anyone else feel this way also?

Oh yes. Totally.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 03:51 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PixieKGirl
Stats: 163/152/136
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: 3/26/12
I feel this way to. I was trying to explain to a friend about DD's. You said it better than I do because she looked at me like I was nuts.

Pixie (DD today)
PixieKGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:22 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Yes, I feel like this! My 3rd DD today, and I just had a lovely big salad, a bit of houmous and some tuna and I feel happy and healthy! It's like I'm automatically making better choices food wise and I don't feel I have to overanalyse everything with regards to what goes in my mouth. I just do and get on with it. LIBERATION!!!!!!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:24 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Haha, Sophie, I put the quote in my siggy a couple days ago! But I posted it in a thread a few months ago..."Murder bad. Cake good."

I do understand what everyone is saying about DDs, but I also have mixed feelings when people discuss "how little" they ate, or how much they enjoy the "feeling of control". I *know* it's different & healthier, but it sounds so much like the anorexic girls I knew in high school. I specifically remember one time a friend had eaten nothing but half a bagel for three days.

I felt very inadequate my first time on JUDDD comparing my DDs (800-1200 calories) to everyone else's, but I got sick from my diabetes med several times when I ate less...so this time I am eating what feels right *for me* and staying away from any threads discussing DD calories!
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 04-03-2012 at 06:07 AM.. Reason: ETA
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:37 AM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Haha, Sophie, I put the quote in my siggy a couple days ago! But I posted it in a thread a few months ago..."Murder bad. Cake good."

I do understand what everyone is saying about DDs, but I also have mixed feelings when people discuss "how little" they ate, or how much they enjoy the "feeling of control". I *know* it's different & healthier, but it sounds so much like the anorexic girls I knew in high school. I specifically remember one time a friend had eaten nothing but half a bagel for three days.

I felt very inadequate my first time on JUDDD comparing my DDs (800-1200 calories) to everyone else's, but I got sick from my diabetes med several times when I ate less...so this time I am eating what feels right *for me* and staying away from any threads discussing DD calories!
I'm glad you are eating at the DD level that works for you and makes you feel best, Jenny! Don't feel bad at all - I'm glad there are people having success with variations on the plan. That just makes it all the more inclusive, individualized, and stick-with-able! You have to do this plan the way it will work for you if it's going to be a woe that you can live with. Your woe must work around you and your life. That's how I see it, anyway. I struggled with low DDs, but my body just isn't set up for very very very low calories. I accept that, and worked the plan around it like you're doing. Trying to keep low DDs were a real struggle all the time. Now I just allow myself more calories on DD without a second thought. Sometimes I use them, sometimes I don't, but JUDDD and all the other IF is still working, so I'm very happy. I'm glad you're still with us, Jenny. KUTGW!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 04-03-2012 at 07:40 AM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lisamt
Stats: 200/187/130
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: December 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post

In the book Dr. Johnson writes about varying levels of DD calories, in the section on Adjusting Your Down Day Calories. Even a 50% reduction in calories on alternate days can activate the SIRT1 gene for people to experience the health benefits of intermittent fasting.

For weight loss the recommended range is 20-35%. If you need to go a bit higher in calories on DD's for your diabetes, I think your health should come first.

I understand the mixed feelings, and was worried that I would restrict too much on DD's and then binge on UD's. Thankfully that has not happened, and I don't feel like I am on yet another diet. I can see myself doing JUDDD for life.
lisamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:26 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
I do feel a sense of accomplishment after a DD is done and a rush of joy when an UD begins! LOL!

Jenny - I am so glad you are eating right for you! It helps me know that I could do the same thing if I need to. Now that my first two weeks are done, I feel like I can give myself a range according to the JUDDD calculator from 440 to 770 and that makes me feel much, much calmer.

Imagine if we all did the same thing how vanilla we'd be! Mmmmm vanilla........
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Imagine if we all did the same thing how vanilla we'd be! Mmmmm vanilla........
silly!
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/18/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellgee View Post
Mmmmm vanilla........
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
silly!
Did someone mention vanilla?

I kinda look at the DDs as a game or challenge, too. It feels really good to get through them having stuck to it and giving my body a rest from doing so much digesting. I'm actually sick today and had to stay home from work, and am hoping, this being a DD, my body is using the energy to get whatever is in my system outa here instead of having to take a break to go digest some food.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PixieKGirl
Stats: 163/152/136
Start Date: 3/26/12
Now on the other hand, when I wake up on a UD, I leap out of bed with JOY!!

Pixie
PixieKGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:23 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Skinjob
Stats: 157/156/130
Start Date: November 7, 2011 (Did Atkins first in 2001)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom22boys View Post
I totally agree!!! I feel great when I am under my calorie goal for dd which is getting to be almost every dd. When I am thinking about food I just turn my thinking to that bathing suit I will be wearing and although I may be far from perfect I am getting better every day.

I have been saving 100 calories for the night time just in case and rarely use it. I think I am less hungry just knowing I can still eat if I wanted to.

Have fun on your journey
That's amazing! I never have calories left over. Almost always go over, in fact. How you do it without feeling hungry? I had a good DD yesterday but I was ravenous throughout the day.
Skinjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:03 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinjob View Post
That's amazing! I never have calories left over. Almost always go over, in fact. How you do it without feeling hungry? I had a good DD yesterday but I was ravenous throughout the day.
I would like to know if hunger pangs ever disappear on DD? I have been JUDDDing for 2 months now and I still get the hunger pangs on DD. Yesterday, I went way over on UD cals by 400 and really did not expect to feel hunger today, but I do.

I drink a lot of hot green tea and try moving around on my job helps to ignore pangs. I have had 180 cals today and plan on having about 150 more for dinner. I am curious as to if this is how it is even after JUDDDing for a while.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
Old 04-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I just realized that the thing I did different today, is that I didn't have protein 1st thing in the morning. I really do think that is why it is so noticible today! I guess I am going to have to remember to get at least 3 oz of turkey or chicken every morning.