Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Egg Day for a DD? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/766002-egg-day-dd.html)

FitMommyNow 04-02-2012 11:32 AM

Egg Day for a DD?
 
Has anyone done an egg day for a DD?

I'm thinking that tomorrow I might just eat a total of 5 or 6 hardboiled eggs for my DD. Thought the high protein might be satisfying. Maybe 3 eggs at lunch and 2 for dinner.

Anyone do this? :dunno:

Carly 04-02-2012 11:44 AM

Egg beaters
 
I use egg beaters on DDs and on UDs sometimes too (I eat a lot more on an UD).

25 calories for 3T- its not a lot, so if I choose to double it (6T) it's still only 50 calories!

0 carbs!

sungoddess 04-02-2012 11:55 AM

Good idea. Whatever works for you is great!!

sunday 04-02-2012 12:09 PM

That works!

I eat a couple of eggs plus chicken or turkey protein each DD morn. It usually keeps me well taken care of until dinner when I will have miracle noodles or salad w/chicken or shrimp.

adillenal 04-02-2012 01:30 PM

I have scrambled egg whites with one whole egg for DD breakfast but have not had eggs the rest of the day. I could not eat more than one HB egg at a time though.

sorenkkg 04-02-2012 01:36 PM

For my next DD, I'm planning some HB eggs with some 1/2fat mayo through the day, then something different at dinner.

I love eggs! they're the perfect food :)

Kissa 04-02-2012 01:43 PM

I love eggs too. I can't do egg beaters, I need that lovely yolk.

Eat what you want, JUDDD won't judge you.

b_lou_who 04-02-2012 01:45 PM

no reason to limit yourself like that unless you are just feeling eggy.
juddd doesn't do that to you. intermittent fasting works on a different principle than "dieting'

Luna Loca 04-02-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b_lou_who (Post 15549043)
no reason to limit yourself like that unless you are just feeling eggy.
juddd doesn't do that to you. intermittent fasting works on a different principle than "dieting'

:goodpost: You're certainly allowed to eat whatever you want to eat on JUDDD, even all eggs, but gimmicks like that always felt like punishment to me for "bad" eating, and only made me crave all the stuff I'd forbidden myself even more.

I like JUDDD because there is nothing forbidden, not even on down days. I had a chocolate croissant once on a down day.

But if you just like eggs and want to have them, of course you should do that.

Kissa 04-02-2012 03:03 PM

Atta gal Luna! Another gorgeous new photo....

FitMommyNow 04-02-2012 04:20 PM

Oh, I love eggs. Seriously....just call me Cool Hand Luke because I could eat 50! ;)

I like the simplicity idea of it mostly. No thinking, just boil 5-6 eggs and be done with it for the day.

Becky 04-02-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FitMommyNow (Post 15549394)
Oh, I love eggs. Seriously....just call me Cool Hand Luke because I could eat 50! ;)

I like the simplicity idea of it mostly. No thinking, just boil 5-6 eggs and be done with it for the day.

I'm on a DD tomorrow, I love this idea and am off to boil my eggs! :)
My beverages will be water, Diet Pepsi, or "lemonade" (water, squirt of lemon juice, 2 packets Stevia in a nice tall glass). I may sub one of the eggs for 4 strips of bacon (70 cals). :up:

b_lou_who 04-02-2012 04:36 PM

I agree luna, it feels like turning this into some kind of diet program that deprives to do monofood days. I've done grapefruit, vegetable soup, lemonaid, you name it. Not doing that to myself again

FitMommyNow 04-02-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 15549432)
I'm on a DD tomorrow, I love this idea and am off to boil my eggs! :)
My beverages will be water, Diet Pepsi, or "lemonade" (water, squirt of lemon juice, 2 packets Stevia in a nice tall glass). I may sub one of the eggs for 4 strips of bacon (70 cals). :up:

Ooh, I like that idea!

Hazelsmrf 04-02-2012 04:55 PM

I don't do egg days but I do eat about 3 hardboiled eggs on my down days, I make a batch at the beginning of the week and it lasts me for all that week's down days. I add a few pickles and some laughing cow cheese wedges and that's my day.

Becky 04-02-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf (Post 15549483)
I don't do egg days but I do eat about 3 hardboiled eggs on my down days, I make a batch at the beginning of the week and it lasts me for all that week's down days. I add a few pickles and some laughing cow cheese wedges and that's my day.

:yummy:PICKLES!!!!! Oh!!! Buying some tomorrow! :up:

Speck333 04-02-2012 05:42 PM

I often have 2-4 eggs on down days and not much else. Works for me.

Pami 04-02-2012 06:47 PM

I might do this next week because on Monday, my eggs will be half price!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/at...-reesesegg.jpg

Luna Loca 04-02-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pami (Post 15549776)
I might do this next week because on Monday, my eggs will be half price!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/at...-reesesegg.jpg

Now this is an egg day I could get behind. :laugh:

sorenkkg 04-02-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luna Loca (Post 15549918)
Now this is an egg day I could get behind. :laugh:

That's an egg that will stick to your behind :hyst: (sorry, I just *had* to!) :laugh:

do you egg folks know about putting some baking soda in the water for boiling hard boiled eggs? changes the composition of the protein a bit and makes them easier to peel.

I just did mine today, boiled 7 large eggs in a small pot, used about a heaping teaspoon of baking soda.

I peeled one to test it, came off pretty easily!

I love that we don't have to restrict to certain foods on JUDDD, but sometimes the concept of eating *anything* is a bit scary!

sunday 04-02-2012 09:08 PM

Okay, now I have decided on deviled eggs for breakie! I think that sounds positively yummers! :yummy:

Speck333 04-02-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sorenkkg (Post 15550013)
That's an egg that will stick to your behind :hyst: (sorry, I just *had* to!) :laugh:

do you egg folks know about putting some baking soda in the water for boiling hard boiled eggs? changes the composition of the protein a bit and makes them easier to peel.

I just did mine today, boiled 7 large eggs in a small pot, used about a heaping teaspoon of baking soda.

I peeled one to test it, came off pretty easily!

I love that we don't have to restrict to certain foods on JUDDD, but sometimes the concept of eating *anything* is a bit scary!

I've tried the baking soda trick before. I have to remember to do it again, because they did peel easier.

I think the concept of eating anything is scary for some of us, and for good reason. For some of us, eating a certain kind of food can lead to bad reactions and overeating.

sorenkkg 04-02-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speck333 (Post 15550103)
I've tried the baking soda trick before. I have to remember to do it again, because they did peel easier.

I think the concept of eating anything is scary for some of us, and for good reason. For some of us, eating a certain kind of food can lead to bad reactions and overeating.

yep, totallly agreed. I've learned over the years that going head-down in carbs makes me itch. I get a weird rash on my wrist, and it only goes away when I go back to LC. It's almost totally nornal now after my last time triggering it, but I can still feel it.

I really like that I can eat the way I feel comfortable-- sort of maintenance level LC I guess, and if a cookie falls into my mouth, I haven't blown the whole day (maybe my rash will return, but I didn't "ruin my diet").

sorry for being repetitious-- but I'm just blown away by this concept! :doh:

cammie 04-03-2012 12:23 AM

Hmmm... I'd already planned boiled eggs for lunch! I've never tried the baking soda but will do it today. I'm so happy we don't have such a thing as the peanut butter eggs here!

lola5k 04-03-2012 12:31 AM

Hmmm I.m on a DD and love eggs so will probably do that today as well. Thank you for inspiration. Yes they are filling and I remember years and years ago my Mum did the grapefruit diet and for every other day that's all she ate eggs and grapefruit and lost lots of weight...kinda similar to JUDDD I guess...but she didn't keep it off ...put all the weight back on lol

Mimosa23 04-03-2012 01:01 AM

I love eggs!
I'd been contemplating doing the same at some point, just because I can!
The reality is however there are so many nice veggies in my fridge, so I may just eat a 2 egg omelette at some point filled with lots of nice veggies...

gotsomeold 04-03-2012 02:51 AM

I'm not an egg eater.

But I am 100% behind making DD as simple or as complex as feels right. JUDDD does not mind.

Cienna 04-03-2012 03:00 AM

I'm thinking of doing this for my DD tomorrow since the shirataki noodles I was planning on having were in the back of the fridge and got frozen! I tried defrosting them, but they were all shrivelled. :sad:

I find eggs very filling and also very cheap, so the perfect DD food! For tomorrow I'm thinking one hard boiled egg for breakfast, 2 eggs scrambled for lunch with some spinach, and then something involving tuna for dinner.

Alcestis 04-03-2012 04:29 AM

I love, love, love eggs and have also been thinking about this for a DD. Doesn't have to be every DD (I'm not sure I love eggs that much), but I might try it too.

Let us know how it works out!

janj 04-03-2012 06:29 AM

Had a 3 month egg hiatus since coming off low carb. I do love them though. I think today's DD lunch will be an omelette with spinach and mushrooms. Yum :)


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:04 AM.