Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #61
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
1 kg = 1 kilogram = 1 liter.... is that what you were looking for?
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: buttah
Stats: 189/137/136-140
WOE: peri-meno "corrective" R4
Start Date: LowCal/Dukan/JUDD 2/12-8/12, then 3 rounds rxHCG
Yam Yam, the 1 liter dairy restriction apparently the UK version of the book, as well as the Dukaners board, the Dukan FB site and the plain ole Dukan coaching Diet site. But apparently that is quite a lot, so I don't I think I go over it.

Meanwhile, a couple of other questions:

How long did you spend in the Cruise phase of Dukan before switching to JUDDD? Was it August 10th to December something? And had you lost a total of 27 lbs before switching OR 27 plus the Attack lbs?

Do you incorporate very low carb eating into your JUDDD?

Thanks!

Last edited by buttah; 07-07-2012 at 01:37 PM..
buttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:11 PM   #63
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttah View Post
Yam Yam, the 1 liter dairy restriction apparently the UK version of the book, as well as the Dukaners board, the Dukan FB site and the plain ole Dukan coaching Diet site. But apparently that is quite a lot, so I don't I think I go over it.

Meanwhile, a couple of other questions:

How long did you spend in the Cruise phase of Dukan before switching to JUDDD? Was it August 10th to December something? And had you lost a total of 27 lbs before switching OR 27 plus the Attack lbs?

Do you incorporate very low carb eating into your JUDDD?

Thanks!
Buttah: I lost 14 pounds from August 1 to 10. From August 10 to December 22 I lost 13 pounds for a total from August 1st to December 10th of 27 pounds. However, we spent a week in Hawaii in September, another week I was in Monterey Bay, several long weekend trips. During those times I maintained by sort of loosely following the Consolidation guidelines.

There times when I went back to 2 days in a row of Attack and saw a loss.

I found that the Cruise phase produces a scale bounce effect not unlike JUDD. Dr. Dukan talks about this in the book. He explains how pure protein plus lots of water acts like a diuretic and sucks water out of muscle and skeletal tissue on your body and also stimulates fat burning and flushing. The next day you see a drop on the scale.

Vegetables are rich in water and when you eat them the next day, your tissues suck up the water, rich with nutrients, and holds on to it while your body absorbs all those nutrients. During that time, you are still burning and losing fat. But the morning after a vegetable/protein day the scale will be up.

The next day you have pure protein again, the body releases stored water and glycogen and the next morning the scale will drop back down sometimes going lower than it was the day before.

I mostly maintained in September, lost in October, lost a bit more in November, then maintained and started to creep back up a bit in December. It could have been because of Thanksgiving and all the Holiday parties early in December where I was taking more breaks from strict Dukan.

To answer the LC/JUDD question: When I started JUDD on December 22, 2011 I lost 4.4 pounds after my first DD. I went really carb crazy on my first UD and gained the 4.4 back. The first 2 weeks pretty much went like that. My DDs were great, I had no problem staying really low calorie wise and on DDs I ate mostly protein.

I was surprised on Christmas Day, an UD, that I didn't go crazy and actually felt like eating sensibly! That was, ironically, the best on target UD of my first 2 weeks!

By the third week I really felt like the Rescue Gene was at work. My appetite was calming down. I had read a post by someone who said if she felt that eating carbs was causing cravings, she would cut back on carbs for a few days and then introduce them back in slowly.

I took that recommendation to heart and started implementing it. Sometimes if I had a carb crazy day filled with bread, potato chips, pasta or whatever on an UD and then woke up ravenous the next morning which was supposed to be a DD, I would try to stick mostly to pure protein with a few green, non-starchy vegetables thrown in. Salads, spinach, asparagus, brocolli, stuff like that. I didn't restrict those. If I needed to eat a whole bag of Steam Fresh brocolli, I would.

When I felt I had the cravings under control, I would start eating whole wheat pasta again.

I loved and still love making and eating Dukan's "Oat Bran Gallette" which is basically an oat bran pancake. It is allowed in the Attack phase and is just awesome.

The ingredients are oat bran, fat free plain Greek yogurt, egg whites and a little no calorie sweetener if you like. You make it on a pancake griddle. The recipe is in his book.

So, I still pretty much do that with pulling back on carbs if my cravings are getting out of control.

So, since I started JUDD on December 22, weighing 203, I have lost an additional 15.4 if I'm doing the math right! Keep in mind that includes lots of vacations. We were in Florida for 8 days in January. I had fully intended to keep with my rotations, but DID NOT and ate lots. Surprisingly I didn't gain much and after 2 DD rotations when I got home, the gain was gone.

We went to Palm Springs for a week in February -- same story. There were other week long vacations in there. I maintained during February. One of my brothers passed away and I had to go to PA for an extended stay with my siblings.

Hope this all helps! I'm not losing with lightening speed, but what I am losing is staying off.

I have a lot of knowledge in my head from reading Dukan's excellent book (I marked it up and folded down pages and have gone back to it frequently for the great info). So, I know what protein and dairy can do for me.

I also now am a firm believer in the sirtuin enzymes, the Silent Information Regulator genes (SIR) and the effect they have on Leptin, Grehlin and Cortisol. It is important for me to get the SIRT1 gene going and keep it going. I keep that in mind every DD.

Hope this all helps!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 07-07-2012 at 02:13 PM..
Old 07-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

BTW: Take your measurements! I started out Aug. 1st wearing a very tight size 18 jeans and now comfortably wear size 12's and even one size 10 pair in the same brand. (Macy's Style & Co.). When I started JUDDing, the inches started melting even when the scale was not going down. Don't know if this was coincidence, science (apparently women burn visceral fat before the subcutaneous fat begins to go), or maybe it's the magic fat-burning component of JUDD.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, lots of info, Yam Yam.

Where to begin? First, I have already made that pancake, and love it. Now if it would just start working and allow me to go to the bathroom!

Second, since the book was published, Dr. Dukan allows these "miracle noodles" called Shirataki noodles on ALL phases of the diet. Are you aware of them? If you get the right kind, they have 0 calories, 0 fat, 0 everything. They are somehow all fiber. (You can google this.) I just made and ate a ground turkey curry egg white angel hair dish that was large, filling and AMAZING. With those noodles, I can probably live without carbs better than I ever thought. They come in different types of pasta, but so far I've only bought the angel hair. They are life-changing!

Unlike you, when I started Dukan (three days ago), I had already been losing (198-ish to 179 in, achem, two years? jeez.), so I don't think I'm having the huge result you did at the beginning. But so far, I'm happy.

In 19 lbs, I've gone from a tight 16 to a comfortable 10/12, a 10 if there's any kind of stretch. (Although I'm short - a few more inches of height and I'd be a knockout!). I've lost a couple inches off my waist only in this recent time (since about March.) I wish I'd measured at 198, but alas, I avoided the measuring tape.

Anyway, back to reading the Dukan book. And looking for a low-fat Shirataki mac n' cheese recipe. The JUDDD book comes next week. I hope it doesn't all blur together.

Last edited by buttah; 07-07-2012 at 03:41 PM..
Old 07-14-2012, 09:00 PM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Wow. I just read the JUDDD book. I had thought, viewing the calculator, that the higher number was one is supposed to eat on Up days (my case, around 1750, which is not exactly a feast, in my opinion). But it is not! The top number is simply the number of calories your body needs to maintain its weight.

The idea, from the book, is that you are cutting your calories so much on your down day, that even not paying attention to your Up day calories, most people are going to still stay at a deficit, when the week is averaged out. And they will lose. The book is quite clear that on Up days, you are not supposed to count calories. It is more of a "eat what you want but be healthy" type of thing!!! If you look at the calculator, the higher number doesn't say "up day" - it says "normal." It is a down day calculator, not an up AND down day calculator!

I can't wait to try JUDDD. Meanwhile, down about 6 lbs since I started Dukan 10 days ago. Very happy.

Last edited by buttah; 07-14-2012 at 09:19 PM..
Old 07-15-2012, 10:03 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: thomasina838
WOE: JUDDD & paleo
Start Date: 16 Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttah View Post
Wow. I just read the JUDDD book. I had thought, viewing the calculator, that the higher number was one is supposed to eat on Up days (my case, around 1750, which is not exactly a feast, in my opinion). But it is not! The top number is simply the number of calories your body needs to maintain its weight.

The idea, from the book, is that you are cutting your calories so much on your down day, that even not paying attention to your Up day calories, most people are going to still stay at a deficit, when the week is averaged out. And they will lose. The book is quite clear that on Up days, you are not supposed to count calories. It is more of a "eat what you want but be healthy" type of thing!!! If you look at the calculator, the higher number doesn't say "up day" - it says "normal." It is a down day calculator, not an up AND down day calculator!

I can't wait to try JUDDD. Meanwhile, down about 6 lbs since I started Dukan 10 days ago. Very happy.
the book says clearly the purpose of the calculator is to get the DD cals. and it is not eat what you want since that can easily get out of hand. it is supposed to be eat until you are satisfied but no more. that is tougher if you have a history of struggling with obesity. good luck.
thomasina838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, Thomasina, I understood that and perhaps phrased "eat what you want" badly - I know you are not supposed to overeat. I was merely pointing out that there is nothing in the book about counting calories on UD's. Thanks!