Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   April Belongs to JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/765972-april-belongs-juddd.html)

FitMommyNow 04-02-2012 07:32 AM

April Belongs to JUDDD

I realized that I started JUDDD on April 1st and decided I'm giving it my all on this plan for a full month. Normally I give a new diet about a week. ;)

I'm typically a daily weigher but think the bouncy ball JUDDD weigh ins might freak me out since I'm not used to gaining on a WOE so I'm going to weigh each weekend.

I'm going to adjust my expectations. I'm used to losing 15 pounds in a month on HCG. I can tell from pouring over the threads that 3-5 pounds is average for JUDDD. The sane eating will make the slower weight loss easier to handle. ;)

Yesterday's first DD was easy. I ate about 450 calories. I was a little hungry at bedtime but that was it. On HCG-esque eating that was hard, but on JUDDD I knew breakfast was available in a few hours. :sing:

I'll re-assess on May 1st.

Who else is giving JUDDD a shot for April?? :hiya:

NoWeigh 04-02-2012 07:45 AM

Congrats on getting going! I started on April 1st too!
Wishing you speedy losses!

Sheridan 04-02-2012 08:41 AM

:welcome::welcome:

I wish you both success! :)

mykidsteacher 04-02-2012 09:45 AM

Welcome to both of you! Here's to a losing April. LOL

gotsomeold 04-02-2012 09:57 AM

:welcome: FitMommyNow and NoWeigh!!!

FitMommyNow 04-02-2012 10:22 AM

Yea! Another April starter! Let's rock this!

So far so good. No major appetite upswing after yesterday's down day. Just woke up feeling lighter and healthy. Woohoo! Eating well today but not overdoing it.

gotitnow 04-02-2012 10:29 AM

:jumpjoy::jumpjoy::jumpjoy: More new JUDDD BUDDDS!!! Will be waiting anxiously for your successful journeys!:) :high5:

Phyl:heart:

sophiethecat 04-02-2012 11:00 AM

:welcome: Barbara and No Weigh! :shake: You can do this!! :high5: :jumpjoy:

DD80 04-02-2012 02:00 PM

:welcome: to all the newbies! :)

sunday 04-02-2012 02:05 PM

:jumpjoy: Glad to see more joining us! JUDDD is great for social life too! :jumpjoy::up: Which is why it is great for me!!! :cool:

Joedi 04-02-2012 04:16 PM

Welcome to both of you!
Hugs
Jo
X

Showcats 04-02-2012 04:27 PM

I am in for April as well. My first DD was today and good so far. I should end the day at exactly 500 calories. I have never been able to stick to diets but I can do this!

Kissa 04-03-2012 02:50 PM

We are all rooting for our new April JUDDDers.

Post often.

gotitnow 04-04-2012 12:08 PM

WELCOME to you too, Showcats! The cat in your avi is beautiful!! Is it yours?:heart::heart:LOVE cats. Have had cats for years and ended up with a Yorkie that I adore too!:):heart:He's my baby-boy!!!

Phyl:heart:

Showcats 04-04-2012 02:33 PM

Hi Phyl, Yes, that is Merlin. He was my first show cat and is a such a sweetheart! I have 5 cats and 3 dogs but he is the only Ragdoll. My mom always had Yorkies when we were growing up. I have 2 Papillons and a Corgi.

Tammy

sophiethecat 04-04-2012 03:43 PM

Way to go all in, Showcats! :high5: Giving JUDDD at least a few weeks' try is well worth it! I wish you great success! :welcome:

sdjade 04-04-2012 06:53 PM

Hi FitMommy! I am an April 1st newbie too. I am a little nervous about the bouncy weigh-ins as well but am going to give it a shot this month and see what happens!

laranda 04-04-2012 07:07 PM

:welcome: newbies! Can't wait to hear about your successes! :jumpjoy:

FitMommyNow 04-05-2012 04:24 AM

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to stop by and say I'm going to need to give JUDDD a shot another time. I think it is a great WOE but I can tell that I need to calorie count my UDs (to avoid eating too much) and I'm not willing to do that right now. I sail through the DDs but the UDs are hard oddly. I find myself wanting to eat more because psychologically my mind is thinking about the DD to come. It kind of takes away the intuitive eating skills I have worked very hard to develop.

We just moved, I am having surgery in a couple of months, and we are working on selling our old house. Adding calorie counting to that (which I abhor) is not going to happen. For now, I'm going back to no flour/no sugar except for holidays to maintain my weight loss thus far.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone for the support and not disappear without a word. This is by far, the happiest and most supportive group on LCF so I KNOW JUDDD must be an awesome WOE. ;) I'm just not there right now.

sophiethecat 04-08-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FitMommyNow (Post 15556406)
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to stop by and say I'm going to need to give JUDDD a shot another time. I think it is a great WOE but I can tell that I need to calorie count my UDs (to avoid eating too much) and I'm not willing to do that right now. I sail through the DDs but the UDs are hard oddly. I find myself wanting to eat more because psychologically my mind is thinking about the DD to come. It kind of takes away the intuitive eating skills I have worked very hard to develop.

We just moved, I am having surgery in a couple of months, and we are working on selling our old house. Adding calorie counting to that (which I abhor) is not going to happen. For now, I'm going back to no flour/no sugar except for holidays to maintain my weight loss thus far.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone for the support and not disappear without a word. This is by far, the happiest and most supportive group on LCF so I KNOW JUDDD must be an awesome WOE. ;) I'm just not there right now.

Thanks for letting us know what's going on, FitMommy. :hugs: I hope your surgery is a great success with quick healing, and that your home sells soon for you. Lots of stressful things going on, :console: so just take care and we will be here if and when you are ready to join us in JUDDDland again. :hugs:

FitMommyNow 04-10-2012 05:25 PM

Thank you!!

sazzie 04-11-2012 12:37 PM

Here's to all our new April JUDDD BUDDs!

:welcome: :welcome: