Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lemming
I think that's more vegetables...

...than I've eaten in the entire last month! It's a DD today and I wanted to make a stir fry, so I got Bok Choy, a yellow pepper, some pea pods, a zucchini, and some broccoli. I cut it all up but only used half of it...so I have dinner ready to fry up for Tuesday, too! I got some uncooked frozen chicken breast tenderloins--like boneless skinless breasts but smaller strips, and not too pricey in a 3-lb bag. Tossed a couple of them, frozen, in a non-stick skillet, cooked them up, chopped them up with the spatula and tossed in half of my veggies and, a couple minutes later, a bit of teriyaki sauce. Very tasty, probably less than 250 calories, really fast/easy to make, and, as I said, more veggies than I've had in a month! Between that and my blueberries, Greek yogurt, egg beaters omelette and protein bar...I think I eat much healthier on DD's than I did before starting JUDDD (my DD's are 900-1000 cal). Now, that's not to say that I might not renew my relationship with my good friend Little Debbie on tomorrow's UD...but at least every other day, I'm eating healthy. Normally I approach veggies the way your average 4-year-old does, but they tasted good today...being hungry helps!
Lemming is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
Isn't it the truth?? My veggie drawer in my fridge is seriously overflowing! I went grocery shopping yesterday and find I shop with DDs in mind. I brought home lean deli meat, veggies, pickles, SF creamer, Carbmaster yogurts, Moon Pop cakes. Not one UD treat in sight! Guess I'll have to go back....
ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Momto2boysNJ
Stats: 2 be Physically Fit
WOE: LC for ME!
Dh & I were just talking about this at dinner. It's easier on the pocket book too.
Momto2boysNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:00 PM   #4

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I listed all the veggies and fruits I had in my home one day a few weeks ago, and it was beyond 30-something. We still have meat at almost every meal, but also many vegetables. I'd rather have a small serving of several veggies on my plate than a large serving each of just two.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Cannot wait until my garden is producing. I refuse to buy grocery store tomatoes. Yuck
Loving zucchini eggplant peppers avocados parsnips etc.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #6

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_lou_who View Post
Cannot wait until my garden is producing. I refuse to buy grocery store tomatoes. Yuck
Loving zucchini eggplant peppers avocados parsnips etc.
I don't have a vegetable garden, but I am a regular at the Farmer's Markets, and they'll be offering fresh produce very early this spring. We have a Farmer's Market somewhere around the city every day of the week, so you can always eat stuff that's pretty much just picked that morning with the dew still on it. Yummy!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:11 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
I was just thinking the same thing today-- my first DD, and of course, we had to go to the store to get veggies (thanks for the salad suggestion Pat!)

I like the stir fry idea-- might try that for tuesday, b/c really, I kinda hate salads, but I like cooked veggies!

Soren
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:08 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PixieKGirl
Stats: 163/152/136
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: 3/26/12
Got my garden planted yesterday! Thanks for the idea; I'll try stir-fry's this week. I've been making a soup (beef base with kale, cabbage, parsley, carrots and tomatoes) I've yet to finish a whole batch on DD.
PixieKGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:39 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Although it's an up day, I really had a salad craving...
I've just prepared lunch:

a handfull baby spinach leaves
6 cherry tomatoes
4 inches cucumber
1 scallion
1/2 avocado
and a handful of Baerlauch, I've no idea what it is in English, actually I never ate it before coming to Germany. It tastes garlicky but it's a leafy plant... Really good, and only this time of year, so I have to enjoy it! Have planned to eat some every day this week!

To my salad I added 2oz of sheeps feta cheese, 2 TB of homemade hoummous and 3 oz of tuna, using the olive oil in the can to make a nice vinaigrette with some organic ACV... Maybe I'll add a few chopped walnuts as well!

I haven't felt like eating many veggies for ages, but for the last three days I've been craving them!

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

my blog:
http://crazybeautyhealth.blogspot.de/
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Hatewashingup
Stats: 135/114/108
WOE: Juddd/Vegetable lover!
Start Date: January 2012
I am a huge veg lover (I am a vegan after all!) and will share some of my recipes when I get around to measuring them out!

Just want to reccomend a great recipe book, 'Veg every day' by Hugh-Fearnley Whittingstall. The whole book is about using veggies in creative ways.

Lots of the recipes can be made DD friendly by cutting way down on the fat, and they are certainly yummy enough to eat on UDs too

Not sure how available his book is in the US as I am from UK, but here is a link which has a few of the recipes from the book.

Hold the steak: Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's vegetable recipes | Life and style | The Guardian.

By the way, on an UD, try his beetroot brownies, so yummy.
Hatewashingup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #11

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
My UD pasta was served with zucchini, broccoli, capsicum, red onions, garlic, carrots green beans, capers, olives in a tomato sauce.

Yesterdays DD saw me eat a little lamb with butternut squash, mushroom, tomato, purple sprouting broccoli, followed by a huge mixed salad.

I love Hugh FW, went to his Plymouth restaurant a couple of months ago.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote