Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 07:39 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Suggestions for newbies upset by scale bounces!

I weigh every day, and at the end of the week take the average.

The losses won't seem as dramatic, but the upward bounces won't be as upsetting, either. You'd be amazed how little a couple of high numbers affect the average. I tried to "cheat" and leave out one or two numbers I really didn't like but the result was only .3 or .4lbs higher.

I also took the average from the week *before* I started JUDDD and calculate my progress from that number.

You may prefer to weigh once a week...it doesn't work for me because I could catch a weird bounce and not get a good idea of what's really going on.

I hope others who have being doing JUDDD longer will add their ideas (like charts, etc) too!
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 04-01-2012 at 08:02 AM..
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2012, 10:42 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: scottieMike
Stats: 265/228/175
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2011
Personally, I actually weigh myself a couple times a day -- basically whenever I change clothes (morning, after work and before bed) as the scale is right next to my closet. Lots of feedback on what I am eating and where I am going. After all these measurements, I can predict my morning weight fairly well.

My biggest disappointment is that my weight is often better during the week than after a weekend. I would like to say I ate badly on the weekend, but generally I do not.

My personal solution is my weekly weight is what it is. If I am up, I am up. If I am up and ate badly, then I have something to work on. If I am up and eating well, I just have to wait for the change to catch up.

My attitude may come from my running experience. You have good and bad days. No reason to be concerned unless you have lots of bad days.
scottieMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:52 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I do what you do, piratejenny. I weigh each morning, as empty as I can get, and before taking a shower or having that first cup of coffee or anything. And I write down each morning's weight on my calendar.

Then each Saturday morning, I average my week out, and the week's average gets written down too. And I circle the lowest weight of that week.

During weight loss, I could compare the averages of all the weeks as my weight continued to go down.

And each time I circled the low weight of the week, it usually was lower than the week's average was, but I always knew that I'd be seeing that number again, and sure enough.. maybe the next week, my average was that low or even lower!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Gweebles
Stats: 26w/24w/8
WOE: JUDDD convert 2720/544
Start Date: JUDDD 3/6/12
I only weigh after a down day. The up day bounces hurt too much.
Gweebles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Avicenna
Stats: 215/190's/somewhere in the 170's
WOE: Paleo/primal 80/20
Start Date: July 2011 (JUDDD in February 2012)
Hi,

I track my weight on caloriecount.about.com and it calculates a 'weight trend' weight which it shows along with your actual weight, so it gives you an idea of about where your weight is going instead of the day-to-day fluctuations
Avicenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
I weigh every day, and at the end of the week take the average.

The losses won't seem as dramatic, but the upward bounces won't be as upsetting, either. You'd be amazed how little a couple of high numbers affect the average. I tried to "cheat" and leave out one or two numbers I really didn't like but the result was only .3 or .4lbs higher.

I also took the average from the week *before* I started JUDDD and calculate my progress from that number.

You may prefer to weigh once a week...it doesn't work for me because I could catch a weird bounce and not get a good idea of what's really going on.

I hope others who have being doing JUDDD longer will add their ideas (like charts, etc) too!

I weigh myself each morning after I've been up about 10 minutes (seems to give the water weight time to move out of me, lol) and record it.

If I don't get a chance to weigh one day, it's no big deal. When I first started JUDDD, I only recorded the days I lost weight and saw a new low... a habit I got into when I was LCg, because the gains and amount of time I stayed over my new low was a little depressing, and I didn't have as good a relationship with the scale back then and it caused me a lot of frustration. Now I wish I'd recorded the weights of every day in my early days of JUDDD so I could look back on it and see those bounces up the scale too. I know I had bounces up 2, 3, 4, maybe 5# overnight depending on what I ate the day before.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 04-01-2012 at 12:10 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
I may do this, too, averaging out the week. Today I'm really frustrated because the scale is going the wrong way and it may help to average instead of looking dead on at the numbers.

Thanks for the suggestion!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
I weigh everyday. But I only count sundays. I dont hold true to the scale though. If I drink a diet soda, I will gain 3lbs. If I drink extra water, I lose 1 extra pound. If I havent gone.....you know #2......I will gain.

I learned along time ago, measure, measure, measure!!!! The scale and I have a love/hate relationship.....most days it hates me.......rarely do I love it!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:05 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Just keep watching the trend and don't panic. If you are traumatised just stay off the scale.for a bit. And keep measuring and trying on smaller clothes.
My scale wasn't really moving but I went down a couple sizes then my body dumped several pounds quickly. The loss may not happen the way you expect but it happens!
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
WOE: JUDDD
From the start I made a habit of only weighing every couple of weeks and relied more on clothing and the measuring tape, out of fear it would discourage me. I think I could do it now, MAYBE ,without after gaining so much knowledge on here over time.

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:15 PM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottieMike View Post
Personally, I actually weigh myself a couple times a day -- basically whenever I change clothes (morning, after work and before bed) as the scale is right next to my closet. Lots of feedback on what I am eating and where I am going. After all these measurements, I can predict my morning weight fairly well.

My biggest disappointment is that my weight is often better during the week than after a weekend. I would like to say I ate badly on the weekend, but generally I do not.

My personal solution is my weekly weight is what it is. If I am up, I am up. If I am up and ate badly, then I have something to work on. If I am up and eating well, I just have to wait for the change to catch up.

My attitude may come from my running experience. You have good and bad days. No reason to be concerned unless you have lots of bad days.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:53 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
If I have a little bounce after an UD, I am glad because it is proof I ate enough and am on the right track.

If I have a big bounce after UD or DD, I think about what I ate and if there is anything I should change about my eating.

If I drop after a filling and satisfying UD, or bounce after an almost-fasting DD -why then I and get on with life.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Well, I was down 2.8 lbs. today, so that scale does bounce like crazy!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote