Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/178.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
is it possible to still lose with only 3 DD's a week

i'm finding my job is so much more stressful then of months past and i have more added responsibilty that a week with MWF DD's is too incredibly hard and would much prefer that they are always UD's because my body can't handle the increased stressed at work with a MWF DD's... i need to eat on these days and the added worry and stress over keeping it low just sends me over the panic edge....i haven't had the appetite suppression that most talk about or that i've experienced on my DD's over the past few weeks, i feel as tho i could eat the house down now...i'm struggling...but want to continue this plan sooo bad eventhough my scale has not budged from 190....i neeeeed help and i need a way to make this work for me i'm just sad because i'm fearing that this may not be the woe for me because now im stumped on weekends?

Feb 1: 190 ---> 193.8
March 1: 185 -> 188.0
April 1: 180 --> 184.8
May 1: 175
June 1: 170
.......-5/month until my birthday in
DECEMBER: 140
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2012, 08:03 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fixin
Stats: 5 ft 9 140/128/130
WOE: cycling carbs and calories (JUDD Enthusiast)
It may be different because males have way less fat cells overall but my husband is only doing three down days a week and is losing rapidly. Everybody is unique. You will find what works for you and even if your weight loss is slower, I'm sure you will see it.
fixin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:10 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayleesa View Post
i'm finding my job is so much more stressful then of months past and i have more added responsibilty that a week with MWF DD's is too incredibly hard and would much prefer that they are always UD's because my body can't handle the increased stressed at work with a MWF DD's... i need to eat on these days and the added worry and stress over keeping it low just sends me over the panic edge....i haven't had the appetite suppression that most talk about or that i've experienced on my DD's over the past few weeks, i feel as tho i could eat the house down now...i'm struggling...but want to continue this plan sooo bad eventhough my scale has not budged from 190....i neeeeed help and i need a way to make this work for me i'm just sad because i'm fearing that this may not be the woe for me because now im stumped on weekends?
Yes, it is possible to lose with just three DDs per week, but... you need to be aware that a cycle like this always has a *hiccup* in it every week. Usually not a problem, but... So if you run into a problem with weight loss, remember this as a possibility.

The more important thing will become your calorie numbers, as there will now be very little leeway for overages. I'd re-figure my JUDDD numbers, without claiming anything for exercise! just to make sure I was right up to date with my numbers. Then not go over on the UDs, and especially not go over on the DDs!

If two weeks pass, and there is little or no loss, it'll be time to reassess, and probably lower the calorie numbers just slightly and start in again.

I can certainly understand how real life can interfere with how smoothly this cycling plan actually is followed in real life. If this change makes it easier to follow, give it a try. Good luck. Let us know what results you get.

Last edited by SoHappy; 04-01-2012 at 08:12 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:14 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heyjupiter
Hi, Mayleesa!

I remember you from a few years ago, as you're from Maryland, too!

I am wondering the same... I would love to be able to have 3 DD a week and stick to a more or less fixed schedule, as in have UD every M/W/F. Thus, I'd throw in a MD on Sunday. I'm hoping this works for me, but I guess I need to experiment.

Anyone here that did something similar with negative results?

Thanks!!
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:15 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I do have to ask here... weren't you already using calorie numbers that were higher than the recommended ones? Or maybe already doing higher calorie Down Days.. or you'd entered an exercise amount into the equation or something?

I'm trying to remember, and I may have confused this with somebody else. But I'm trying to figure out why you are not getting appetite suppression at all, and especially why you've not been experiencing weight loss!

I think it may be time to reassess your numbers already. Do you want to?
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:21 AM   #6
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
Make sure you're getting plenty of protein on your DD's.
It might get boring, but 8oz of chicken breast is roughly 230 cals but packs a big 46g protein.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

no i'm holding tight to 350 or less to a dd, 1800-2000 to ud....i will try adding more protein too....i thought that and am going grocery shopping today....this will be my first week doing this today is my DD....and surprisingly half way thru this day, so happy, I'M NOT hungry hahahahaa i just realized this and it's lunch, i'm cleaning the house like a mad woman hahahaha so maybe i'm kicked in today, who knows....thanks for writing back.... and hey jupiter i remember you too, i'm committed to making this work somehow....!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I have nothing to add except big ol' hug! My jobs are stressful too! I can't wait for May 15 when my students leave! Mayleesa, I believe Pat can help you get this JUDDD working for you!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013
I am doing DD's on MWF. It works... But slowly for me. When I am good, I lose about a pound or two a week. However, I don't do exercise outside of just walking around at work.
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
In the book he addresses people who want fixed days, in the book the example he gave is a person who didn't want to do down days on the weekends and wanted fixed down days mon/wed/fri, so he said then do an up day on saturday and a mid day on sunday (or the other way around if you prefer, a mid day then an up day). Basically you'd be doing the same thing except shifting it so your up day/mid day falls during your work week instead of the weekend.
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #11
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lauren A
Stats: 160/149/145 5'9"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Feb 28, 2012
Hey Mayleesa, I'm doing M/W/F up days and T/TH/S down days and Sun. is a middle day(add your low day number to your high day number and divide by 2 for a middle day). I do this because I wanted Fri. to always be an up day. I also am out in the evenings Tues and Thurs. which makes it easy to eat lightly. I started JUDDD Feb 28 and by March 28 I was down exactly 10 pounds. I noticed that when I ate light on a Tues or Thurs my weight would be down a bit the next day. When I read about JUDDD I knew it would work for me. I have been so pleasantly surprized....I find dd's to be difficult and yet feel proud of myself as I get in to bed at the end of the day having been faithful to the diet. I have decided to carry on with 1700/500 and a 1200 medium day on Sunday...it's working so why mess with it! PS, there have been times when I have gone a few calories over on an ud but am always very strict with dd's - never higher than 500. You can do it - just give it some time and be faithful to the calorie amounts.
Lauren A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

thanks for the awesome responses....i'm not really in exercise mode either because i'm on my feet all day and often running around by the time i get home i'm exhausted and now working all 5 days 10 hours plus a day the LAST thing i think about is moving more than walking my dogs when i get home which is often a mile just to clear my head and they love it....i will give this a go this week, today i'm looking at 353 calories and am full at the moment...i appreciate the feedback as i truly believe in this WOE and i will have to reread the book a bit more to iron out my details! thanks
Old 04-01-2012, 02:47 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6/239.2/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 9 June 2013
Another suggestion. When you are going to have a week with MWF as DD - why not eat at a higher level say at 35 or 40% - and on weeks when you have T/T DD - try to eat 25 - 30%?
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:14 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

ok i will try that too!!!