Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
lavender and lace

Gallery: Violet_Dream
Stats: 193.8/184.8/135 ~5'9"~
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 11/17/2014
Switching to JUDD

and had questions about the Induction Phase. I'm sure I've asked this already. I'm on my last round of hcg and my goal is 145 which will be an 80-pound loss for me. However, I'm thinking of ending the round sooner.

Will I lose during the Induction Phase? If so, that will determine when I end my round. When I get to 145 I want to maintain and this is what I got for my numbers:

Height: 5'10" (70")
Weight: (will be 145)

I entered these numbers with light exercise 1-3 days per week (I plan on walking on my treadmill for thirty minutes at least 4 days per week), 45% weight loss/maintenance mode and I get 1950 for UD and 878 for DD. Does this sound right?

I appreciate all your help, this is a wonderful board and thank you all so much!

Last edited by Violet_Dream; 03-31-2012 at 12:50 PM..
Violet_Dream is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
lavender and lace

anyone? Bueller?
Old 03-31-2012, 02:17 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Personally I wouldn't allow for the exercise, certainly at the beginning.

Can't weight, oops, wait for you to start.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Hi there! Welcome.
You may or may not lose during the induction phase. How is that for vague?! It really takes two weeks for the enzymes to kick in, and for some it takes longer. In some cases, people drop pounds right away. We are all so individual. Be sure to take your measurements.

Maybe end your HCG round at the weight you want and then switch to JUDDD to maintain. Especially if that 145 number is really important to you.Otherwise, you might see some bouncing around on the scale for awhile.

Most of us plug in no exercise even though we do exercise. But you will see that you will need to tweak the numbers to fit you later on. I wouldn't tweak anything for the first two weeks though.

That's my two cents on it. Good luck! Congrats on 80 pounds. That is awesome.

Last edited by sungoddess; 03-31-2012 at 02:45 PM..
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:16 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Totally agree with both of these girls! You will love JUDDD!

Congrats on 80 lbs! That is splendid!!!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:53 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Congrats on your weight loss! I ended my fifty jillionth round of hCG and jumped right into JUDDD. I hadn't been able to keep the weight off without resorting to additional rounds, so I figured I had nothing to lose. I ate 500 calories on my DDs (and continue to eat 600 in maintenance). I managed to lose slowly, and in time I even slipped down UNDER my goal weight by six pounds. I LOVE JUDDD!
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:03 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet_Dream View Post
and had questions about the Induction Phase. I'm sure I've asked this already. I'm on my last round of hcg and my goal is 145 which will be an 80-pound loss for me. However, I'm thinking of ending the round sooner.

Will I lose during the Induction Phase? If so, that will determine when I end my round. When I get to 145 I want to maintain and this is what I got for my numbers:

Height: 5'10" (70")
Weight: (will be 145)

I entered these numbers with light exercise 1-3 days per week (I plan on walking on my treadmill for thirty minutes at least 4 days per week), 45% weight loss/maintenance mode and I get 1950 for UD and 878 for DD. Does this sound right?

I appreciate all your help, this is a wonderful board and thank you all so much!
Hi Violet! to JUDDD! And BIG CONGRATS on that 80 pound loss!

You asked if you will lose during induction. Some people start losing on JUDDD within days, others take 2 or more weeks. I don't know how coming straight off HcG to JUDDD will affect this for you... perhaps your body will need some extra time to shift gears from one regimen to the other. So I would be patient with it. If you don't see loss in the first week, keep going for another week before tweeking. But if you need to make adjustments in your calorie limits, just post and someone will be able to advise.

I have to admit, I'm not one of the calorie gurus here. I wish I was better at helping people come up with their correct calories. However, when I plugged your stats in, and if it were me, I would try eat 1900-2000 calories on UDs and see how you do. Landing between 600 - 800 on DD gives you a lot of room to breathe (and eat! . With a higher DD of 800+ your loss may be a little slow since that is what a number of us are using in maintenance, but feel free to start there and see how you do, keeping in mind you can work down a little lower if it helps. Maybe you won't have to work down though.

My advice is to just try it and see how it goes for 2 - 3 weeks. Numbers can always be adjusted. Sorry I'm not more help than this. As I said, calorie advising is not my strong suit, but if I can help at all, I'm so very happy to do so!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 03-31-2012 at 08:07 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #8
lavender and lace

Thank you all so much! Laurie, I hear ya on the rounds. I was so frustrated with P3 and was tired of doing CDs. It made me really I decided to start, I'm not going weigh every day, but every other day and only after a DD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Hi Violet! to JUDDD! And BIG CONGRATS on that 80 pound loss!

You asked if you will lose during induction. Some people start losing on JUDDD within days, others take 2 or more weeks. I don't know how coming straight off HcG to JUDDD will affect this for you... perhaps your body will need some extra time to shift gears from one regimen to the other. So I would be patient with it. If you don't see loss in the first week, keep going for another week before tweeking. But if you need to make adjustments in your calorie limits, just post and someone will be able to advise.

I have to admit, I'm not one of the calorie gurus here. I wish I was better at helping people come up with their correct calories. However, when I plugged your stats in, and if it were me, I would try eat 1900-2000 calories on UDs and see how you do. Landing between 600 - 800 on DD gives you a lot of room to breathe (and eat! . With a higher DD of 800+ your loss may be a little slow since that is what a number of us are using in maintenance, but feel free to start there and see how you do, keeping in mind you can work down a little lower if it helps. Maybe you won't have to work down though.

My advice is to just try it and see how it goes for 2 - 3 weeks. Numbers can always be adjusted. Sorry I'm not more help than this. As I said, calorie advising is not my strong suit, but if I can help at all, I'm so very happy to do so!
Thank you Sophie! What a great help you are!