Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #211
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,996
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbDe View Post
I found the DE at my local Nutritionsmart, it also goes by the name Diatomite Minerals.
It's cheaper online, but I am anxious to try this! Been having hair and nail troubles for a while now!

One glass down!!
Please keep us updated! Good to have everyone's testimony where Dirt is concerned!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2012, 03:48 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joyjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,067
Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: 150?/?/135 52yo
WOE: JUDDDish
Sorry to wind from dirt to CO (both are so fascinating!), but I want to report that I'm on day 4 of the oil pulling and it's very interesting. Bizarrely clean teeth and very strange tastes during the swishing. And I buy that something is happening, because the end product, the stuff you spit out (excuse the lack of delicacy, here) seems like more than just emulsified oil.
Okay, back to your regular station and all things down and dirty.
Joyjoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:09 AM   #213
Major LCF Poster!
 
vilanteira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,067
Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/lower carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Ooh I've been oil pulling with EVCO first thing in the morning for a long time now and the most noticeable benefits I've had are smooth, clean and whiter teeth and clearing sinuses. I love it. I have got to try DE sometime.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:11 AM   #214
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joyjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,067
Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: 150?/?/135 52yo
WOE: JUDDDish
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
Ooh I've been oil pulling with EVCO first thing in the morning for a long time now and the most noticeable benefits I've had are smooth, clean and whiter teeth and clearing sinuses. I love it. I have got to try DE sometime.
Oh, I can hardly wait for a sinus effect!
Joyjoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:06 AM   #215
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: SE Nebraska
Posts: 554
Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
I made a bunch of CC up yesterday using a silicon cupcake pan (I picked up new at a yard sale). So each cup was a serving with 1 T EVCO, 1 T PB2, 1 tsp raw cacao, and 1/2 tsp coconut sugar (next time I'll leave out the sugar as I think the PB2 is sweet enough for the amount of cacao I use). I made some with natural PB as well for when I want the extra calories.

It's nice using this pan because each portion is measured. I pop it in the freezer for a bit and it comes right out. I wrap each in plastic wrap then all go into a sandwich bag in the fridge. They look like PB cups and *almost* taste like them too.....just harder and oilier. LOL Not good because my kids think I'm eating candy. LOL

Next time I'm going to make some up with nuts. I love nuts and there are days I could use the extra calories.
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:24 AM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,996
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyL View Post
I made a bunch of CC up yesterday using a silicon cupcake pan (I picked up new at a yard sale). So each cup was a serving with 1 T EVCO, 1 T PB2, 1 tsp raw cacao, and 1/2 tsp coconut sugar (next time I'll leave out the sugar as I think the PB2 is sweet enough for the amount of cacao I use). I made some with natural PB as well for when I want the extra calories.

It's nice using this pan because each portion is measured. I pop it in the freezer for a bit and it comes right out. I wrap each in plastic wrap then all go into a sandwich bag in the fridge. They look like PB cups and *almost* taste like them too.....just harder and oilier. LOL Not good because my kids think I'm eating candy. LOL

Next time I'm going to make some up with nuts. I love nuts and there are days I could use the extra calories.
I must go buy PB2! This sounds so amazing. I did have my tbsp before bed as well as 2 tbsp early in the day. So 3 tbsp and woke up this morning again down about .5 lb. I am curious if I should limit to one tbsp before bed??? Or just one tbsp in the morn.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #217
Way too much time on my hands!
 
dawnyama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irmo, SC
Posts: 24,443
Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/118.4/118 5'3.75"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I must go buy PB2! This sounds so amazing. I did have my tbsp before bed as well as 2 tbsp early in the day. So 3 tbsp and woke up this morning again down about .5 lb. I am curious if I should limit to one tbsp before bed??? Or just one tbsp in the morn.
I found my PB2 at my local health food store. No waiting on the mail or UPS here I love it, but only have used it in my shakes so far.
dawnyama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:36 AM   #218
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
This is such an interesting thread! I'll weigh in a few things mentioned that I've used.

I had bought Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay which is 100% calcium bentonite, and was using it as an occasional mask. After reading about the benefits of taking it internally, I tried mixing a little in water and drinking it. Wasn't too bad. Then I tried putting some in a jar of water to sit, covered, and taking several spoons of it each day. It was strange mentally to be drinking "dirt" and I couldn't help but feel a little concerned about safety (just psychological stuff related to drinking dirt, I suppose even though I know the calcium bentonite is supposed to be good for us). For some reason, drinking it by the spoon out of that jar was harder to take than just mixing it up fresh and downing it. I think because it was easier to taste the clay when it sat there room temp than if I mixed it up and drank it fresh and/or with other ingredients. Anyway, I used the clay water for about two weeks and didn't see or feel any sort of difference, so I quit.

I haven't been using much coconut oil lately, but for a while I started using it daily, even on DDs. I had read where Dottie and some others said they didn't count the calories from CO, and this amazed me. I decided to go for it, and was happy when it did not affect my weight loss/maintenance negatively at all. It truly seemed "neutral". I didn't use tons of it, but it was nice to be able to cook on DDs with oil in the pan or to use it on foods. I have slacked off using it because I'm not doing DDs, but doing other types of IF and so I've gotten away from regular use of it. I use evoo a lot more now.

I started taking curcumin (turmeric) capsules just over a year ago and have kept taking them, though a lesser amount than when I started. I first started taking them to try to calm down cystic acne and it did seem to help. I also used turmeric powder as a mask when I could though it was terribly messy. But though I slacked off with using the mask, I kept taking it internally as curcumin, just less than when I started. Though I didn't stop getting cysts, the size of them cut by half at least, and I didn't get quite as many of them, or in as many numerous places. So while it hasn't been a cure for my hormonally-charged acne cysts, I do still take it because I believe in its anti-inflammatory benefits.

Thanks for starting this thread, PJ. I look forward to the results of your FBG from the wine. I have wine pretty much nightly, but almost always more than the one glass that was recommended.

Are you also on Metformin? I decided to reduce my dose and see how I do. I was taking 1,500 mg. daily but I'm going to see how I fare by cutting pills and taking 750 mg. I also started taking around 350 mg. ALA a month ago, and only afterward read that it could help with insulin resistance too. I haven't tested my BG in a long time. Though I'm not diabetic, there are periods I go through where I'm testing a lot, and then others like now where I don't do it, especially when I'm eating mostly Low-ish carb anyway (as a result of just plain eating "healthier", that means also the foods tend to be lower carb for me too).

Anyway, just thought since we're talking about the earth supplement and others that I'd mention the ALA and also my "carb blocker"...

I take 2 capsules of Carb Intercept when I'm going to have foods in a meal that include pasta, bread, potatoes, etc. I have zero side effects and I don't seem to get any tiredness or bloating/water retention after the meal, so I do feel it's good for me. It's made by Natrol and has white kidney bean extract with some minerals to help process carbs and fat. I just realized I'm getting low and plan to stock up on this.
__________________
Started JUDDD 10/12/11 after LC.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 06-28-2012 at 09:37 AM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sungoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,171
Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
This is such an interesting thread! I'll weigh in a few things mentioned that I've used.

I had bought Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay which is 100% calcium bentonite, and was using it as an occasional mask. After reading about the benefits of taking it internally, I tried mixing a little in water and drinking it. Wasn't too bad. Then I tried putting some in a jar of water to sit, covered, and taking several spoons of it each day. It was strange mentally to be drinking "dirt" and I couldn't help but feel a little concerned about safety (just psychological stuff related to drinking dirt, I suppose even though I know the calcium bentonite is supposed to be good for us). For some reason, drinking it by the spoon out of that jar was harder to take than just mixing it up fresh and downing it. I think because it was easier to taste the clay when it sat there room temp than if I mixed it up and drank it fresh and/or with other ingredients. Anyway, I used the clay water for about two weeks and didn't see or feel any sort of difference, so I quit.

I haven't been using much coconut oil lately, but for a while I started using it daily, even on DDs. I had read where Dottie and some others said they didn't count the calories from CO, and this amazed me. I decided to go for it, and was happy when it did not affect my weight loss/maintenance negatively at all. It truly seemed "neutral". I didn't use tons of it, but it was nice to be able to cook on DDs with oil in the pan or to use it on foods. I have slacked off using it because I'm not doing DDs, but doing other types of IF and so I've gotten away from regular use of it. I use evoo a lot more now.

I started taking curcumin (turmeric) capsules just over a year ago and have kept taking them, though a lesser amount than when I started. I first started taking them to try to calm down cystic acne and it did seem to help. I also used turmeric powder as a mask when I could though it was terribly messy. But though I slacked off with using the mask, I kept taking it internally as curcumin, just less than when I started. Though I didn't stop getting cysts, the size of them cut by half at least, and I didn't get quite as many of them, or in as many numerous places. So while it hasn't been a cure for my hormonally-charged acne cysts, I do still take it because I believe in its anti-inflammatory benefits.

Thanks for starting this thread, PJ. I look forward to the results of your FBG from the wine. I have wine pretty much nightly, but almost always more than the one glass that was recommended.

Are you also on Metformin? I decided to reduce my dose and see how I do. I was taking 1,500 mg. daily but I'm going to see how I fare by cutting pills and taking 750 mg. I also started taking around 350 mg. ALA a month ago, and only afterward read that it could help with insulin resistance too. I haven't tested my BG in a long time. Though I'm not diabetic, there are periods I go through where I'm testing a lot, and then others like now where I don't do it, especially when I'm eating mostly Low-ish carb anyway (as a result of just plain eating "healthier", that means also the foods tend to be lower carb for me too).

Anyway, just thought since we're talking about the earth supplement and others that I'd mention the ALA and also my "carb blocker"...

I take 2 capsules of Carb Intercept when I'm going to have foods in a meal that include pasta, bread, potatoes, etc. I have zero side effects and I don't seem to get any tiredness or bloating/water retention after the meal, so I do feel it's good for me. It's made by Natrol and has white kidney bean extract with some minerals to help process carbs and fat. I just realized I'm getting low and plan to stock up on this.
Interesting report Sophie. It is interesting to me that you have zero side effects from the Carb Intercept. I wish the same for myself because I think it is helpful. But within 30 minutes of taking it, I had to tear to the bathroom! I guess that means it was working, but I can't chance it on not making it to the bathroom in time. Plus, it caused terrible gas pains in my gut. I tried backing down how much I took, but it still bothered me a lot. I am a firm believer in ALA. I think I will try not counting my CO calories and treat it like my other supplements. CO is also healing for the gut, which is something I need. I have been avoiding it due to the calories. I am going to get brave and go for it!! I do oil pull with it and love the results. Thanks for reporting in. I miss seeing your lovely little cat face!!
__________________
Good broth resurrects the dead. ~ South American Proverb
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,996
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Thanks Sophie! Love reading all of your posts and experiments.

I have yet to try the Carb Intercept. I actually purchased this many moons ago, when I was trying to stay under 20 per day and never got the opportunity to use it. I have a feeling that now that I have added multigrain oatmeal and a few higher carb fruits & veggies, that it would be interesting to see what this does.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
piratejenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,704
Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/285/<160 (5'7")
WOE: LC/JUDDD/Fast5/Diabetes Miracle 2010-12
Start Date: 2014: Shangri-La
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Thanks for starting this thread, PJ. I look forward to the results of your FBG from the wine. I have wine pretty much nightly, but almost always more than the one glass that was recommended.

Are you also on Metformin? I decided to reduce my dose and see how I do. I was taking 1,500 mg. daily but I'm going to see how I fare by cutting pills and taking 750 mg. I also started taking around 350 mg. ALA a month ago, and only afterward read that it could help with insulin resistance too. I haven't tested my BG in a long time. Though I'm not diabetic, there are periods I go through where I'm testing a lot, and then others like now where I don't do it, especially when I'm eating mostly Low-ish carb anyway (as a result of just plain eating "healthier", that means also the foods tend to be lower carb for me too).

Anyway, just thought since we're talking about the earth supplement and others that I'd mention the ALA and also my "carb blocker"...

I take 2 capsules of Carb Intercept when I'm going to have foods in a meal that include pasta, bread, potatoes, etc. I have zero side effects and I don't seem to get any tiredness or bloating/water retention after the meal, so I do feel it's good for me. It's made by Natrol and has white kidney bean extract with some minerals to help process carbs and fat. I just realized I'm getting low and plan to stock up on this.
Yes, I'm also on Metformin. I'm doing the exact same thing you are; I was on 1500 and am taking 750. When I take 1500 I seem to be hungrier (and sometimes have tummy issues). When I don't take it at all, I have to go to the bathroom every 45-60 minutes, my hands and feet swell & itch, and I get random aches & pains in my body--especially my arms. Even on a low dose of 750, these things go away and I only have to pee once every 3 to 5 hours!!! Maybe that's normal for most people (gee, I hope so!) but after going every hour for years, seeing how long I can hold it is still super-cool for me every day!

I hadn't been testing my BG every day recently, so even though I did a few experiments this week, I am going to stop and just take my FBG for about a week. Then try the wine for one week. Then try the Fat Bombs for a week. Then try both together. So it will be a while before I have more results for y'all.

So far, though, this is what happened:
after nothing special, random days in June: 110, 103, 113, 110, 101
after wine + FB: 95
after FB only: 114
after wine (and cheese*): 108
after cocoa crack*: 119
(*not meant to be part of the experiment, just got hungry late at night!)

--------------
The carb blocker I take is a tiny pill. I used one called Terry Naturally Dieter's Choice for Carb Control, but I've found a generic version that is cheaper (same product, developed by Terry Lemerond). If you're interested, you can find the generic by Googling C-120x carb blocker.

From the research I've read on it, I do think it might be a superior product to most carb-blockers. Terry founded Enzymatic Therapies, and I find them to be a very effective, high-quality line. One of their products cured me of huge, painful bone spurs on my wrists!!! So I trust them more than other supplement lines.
__________________
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast." --Ace Rimmer
"Really, how is eating a piece of cake bad? Being bad is murdering someone.
That's bad. Don't do that." --Sarah Michelle Gellar
****************************************
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:06 AM   #222
Big Yapper!!!!
 
minimonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 8,021
Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Sophie

I am battling cystic acne too -- it is NO fun! I've heard that the DE can help with keeping it under control... I hope so!

I may give a go to the oil pulling... lots of folks swear by it, and hey.. I am drinking dirt... oil pulling is no weirder than that, right? I've been curious about it fir a whole now.
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:08 AM   #223
Big Yapper!!!!
 
minimonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 8,021
Gallery: minimonkey
Stats: 5'0" -- very small frame
WOE: Clean eating, whole foods
Jenny

Thanks for the rec on the Enzymatic Therapies line -- I've been eyeing their multivitamin for men for my sweetie. They look like very good products.
minimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,996
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
The great thread on Oil Pulling is what got me curious. I was already eating & cooking in EVCO, so I started pulling. It healed a sore on my gum right away and my teeth started looking so pretty. I sort of cycle on the pulling. Now I am tryng to do it every weekend.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #225
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joyjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,067
Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: 150?/?/135 52yo
WOE: JUDDDish
Minimonkey, I'm only a week into the oil pulling but I find it strangely, weirdly wonderful. I'm researching initial detox symptoms today because of a few weird things that are happening (peeling mouth, massive bags under my eyes with a headache), but I am not deterred in the slightest! Such a sucker for these kinds of experiments!
Joyjoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,996
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyjoy View Post
Minimonkey, I'm only a week into the oil pulling but I find it strangely, weirdly wonderful. I'm researching initial detox symptoms today because of a few weird things that are happening (peeling mouth, massive bags under my eyes with a headache), but I am not deterred in the slightest! Such a sucker for these kinds of experiments!
How long are you pulling? I have yet to do the 20 minutes! I think 10 minutes may be the time limit for me. I just need to get up earlier.

I have noticed that I get bags under my eyes when I sleep on my stomach. I have to be careful about the way that I lay on my pillow. If I wasn't such a tummy sleeper this would not be a problem.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #227
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joyjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,067
Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: 150?/?/135 52yo
WOE: JUDDDish
Sunday, i'm doing the full 20. Crazy, I know. In fact today I've done it twice, once with CO and once with sesame oil, just to see the difference!
Joyjoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #228
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,996
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Now that is impressive! You are doing it as it is written and that is important. I think I will make the time adjustment so that I can get this in first thing in the morn.

Took my EVCO again 3 times and ate a bit more than my calories yesterday. Had a nice evening with friends. Down to my low weight again, which is no change but that means that either the 3 tbsp is helping or I am definitely not gaining from it. Don't know?
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #229
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Interesting report Sophie. It is interesting to me that you have zero side effects from the Carb Intercept. I wish the same for myself because I think it is helpful. But within 30 minutes of taking it, I had to tear to the bathroom! I guess that means it was working, but I can't chance it on not making it to the bathroom in time. Plus, it caused terrible gas pains in my gut. I tried backing down how much I took, but it still bothered me a lot. I am a firm believer in ALA. I think I will try not counting my CO calories and treat it like my other supplements. CO is also healing for the gut, which is something I need. I have been avoiding it due to the calories. I am going to get brave and go for it!! I do oil pull with it and love the results. Thanks for reporting in. I miss seeing your lovely little cat face!!
Oh my, if I had those same effects, I wouldn't touch the stuff either. Perhaps the one PJ mentioned would work better, though I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to risk it again.

Just curious, why do you take ALA and what has it done for you? Also how long have you taken it and what amounts?

I'm going to have to try oil pulling. Actually I did try it a long time ago but I didn't stick with it long enough to make a habit of it. You all are convincing me to look up the "oil pulling" thread and give it another go.

About the coconut oil - I say go for it, even on your DDs and see what you think. I liked being able to cook with an oil on DDs and use it on foods without giving a thought to calories. It seemed so very strange to look on an OIL as 'FREE' calories, but that's what I did and saw no negative effects at all. I hope the same for you!

Thanks for reporting in. I miss seeing your lovely little cat face!!

Ah thank you, thank you, Beverly! I missed you too and have been wondering how things are going for you. I saw your post about the stall and reversion of inflammation, and I think this is only temporary. Lots of great thoughts given from the JBs on that for you, and I really do believe you'll get going again. Seems the body needs a rest to deal with the effects of giving up its "precious" fat stores (yeah - precious right, ) and dealing with metabolizing that fat and the toxins that were in it. Plus, just needing a little rest and recovery before moving down again. I saw this in my own weight loss last summer and fall. It was frustrating but it seems like it can't be bypassed. Losses and then "stalls" or "holds" and then losses come again. And if you're having inflammatory reactions now that very well could be your body dealing with the stuff that was tucked away in the fat cells. I'd say KUTGW, eat lots of veggies along with whatever else your having, drink lots of water, and look into some supps to support the liver such as milk thistle if you're not already. Keep us updated. you!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #230
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Thanks Sophie! Love reading all of your posts and experiments.

I have yet to try the Carb Intercept. I actually purchased this many moons ago, when I was trying to stay under 20 per day and never got the opportunity to use it. I have a feeling that now that I have added multigrain oatmeal and a few higher carb fruits & veggies, that it would be interesting to see what this does.
I hope you like it and that it agrees with you too, Sunday. Let us know what you think.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 03:43 PM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sungoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,171
Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Oh my, if I had those same effects, I wouldn't touch the stuff either. Perhaps the one PJ mentioned would work better, though I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to risk it again.

Just curious, why do you take ALA and what has it done for you? Also how long have you taken it and what amounts?

I'm going to have to try oil pulling. Actually I did try it a long time ago but I didn't stick with it long enough to make a habit of it. You all are convincing me to look up the "oil pulling" thread and give it another go.

About the coconut oil - I say go for it, even on your DDs and see what you think. I liked being able to cook with an oil on DDs and use it on foods without giving a thought to calories. It seemed so very strange to look on an OIL as 'FREE' calories, but that's what I did and saw no negative effects at all. I hope the same for you!

Thanks for reporting in. I miss seeing your lovely little cat face!!

Ah thank you, thank you, Beverly! I missed you too and have been wondering how things are going for you. I saw your post about the stall and reversion of inflammation, and I think this is only temporary. Lots of great thoughts given from the JBs on that for you, and I really do believe you'll get going again. Seems the body needs a rest to deal with the effects of giving up its "precious" fat stores (yeah - precious right, ) and dealing with metabolizing that fat and the toxins that were in it. Plus, just needing a little rest and recovery before moving down again. I saw this in my own weight loss last summer and fall. It was frustrating but it seems like it can't be bypassed. Losses and then "stalls" or "holds" and then losses come again. And if you're having inflammatory reactions now that very well could be your body dealing with the stuff that was tucked away in the fat cells. I'd say KUTGW, eat lots of veggies along with whatever else your having, drink lots of water, and look into some supps to support the liver such as milk thistle if you're not already. Keep us updated. you!

Thanks for your support as ALWAYS!! About the Alpha-Linolenic Acid--
I had to take Remicaid treatments for my Crohn's disease several years back. Of course major drugs like that have awful side effects. One of them was a horrid peripheral neuropathy. My arms and hands would go numb and at night I would get severe burning pain. It was awful. When the Remicade stopped so did the neuropathy. Then I had to go on Humira for the Crohn's and the neuropathy started up again. This time worse. It must impact blood sugar in some way. I don't have diabetes, but when doing a search, a diabetic support group was talking about peripheral neuropathy and how certain things helped like ALA. So I tried it, and within a week, it stopped the horrid searing pain at night. The numbness left. I started to take it in the from of perilla oil. The dose that worked was about 2 grams (2000mg) in divided doses with meals. I would get about half the grams of ALA from that. I know that is a much higher dose than some take.

I take breaks from it and I know it can interfere with NSAIDs, aspirin and some other herbs and cause great big bruises and nosebleeds. It also thins the blood. But I also read it was good for insulin resistance, obesity, and anti-aging.
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:27 PM   #232
Senior LCF Member
 
capricapers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: JOIN DATE FEBRUARY 6, 2012
Posts: 409
Gallery: capricapers
Stats: goal 150
WOE: Ketogenic 85 F/12 P/3 C
Start Date: 1/7/2013
I've just begun this Alpha-Linolenic Acid. Of course we've begun a course of other supplements at the same time - not the brightest plan. How will I know which is doing what? lol
capricapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:53 AM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sungoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,171
Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
You don't! That is why I always suggest to people that they add one thing at a time and test out their reaction to it. See if there are any sensitivities to it and to play with the doses.

But if you need to start them all at once and see there are any negative reactions, you can back them off one at a time and see if it was the culprit.
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #234
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sungoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,171
Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Here's another one to add to the mix. And I do not want to sound like Dr Oz and his miracle supplements! But see this thread post #45.

Liquid chlorophyll

Netrition even carries it.

Oh wise and wonderful JUDDD BUDDDs...
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #235
Major LCF Poster!
 
mykidsteacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,184
Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Reporting in on my CO experiment. I started adding it on Monday, and not counting it, even on DD's. I have more on UD's, but even yesterday, I had 2tbsp in my coco crack. On UD's, I put 1 tbsp in my morning smoothie, and then eat another 2tbsp of coco crack later.

I had an UUA weekend and started the week 4 pounds over goal. By Wed, I had lost those 4 pounds, and this morning, I woke up down an extra one. So it isn't having any negative effects on me at all, and may even be boosting things along.
__________________
Tina--wife of 21 years and mom to 4 great kids. Paleo/primal since Aug 2011. Lost 20 pounds. Started JUDDD 1/13/12 to lose the last few and maintain for life.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:22 AM   #236
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joyjoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,067
Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: 150?/?/135 52yo
WOE: JUDDDish
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Reporting in on my CO experiment. I started adding it on Monday, and not counting it, even on DD's. I have more on UD's, but even yesterday, I had 2tbsp in my coco crack. On UD's, I put 1 tbsp in my morning smoothie, and then eat another 2tbsp of coco crack later.

I had an UUA weekend and started the week 4 pounds over goal. By Wed, I had lost those 4 pounds, and this morning, I woke up down an extra one. So it isn't having any negative effects on me at all, and may even be boosting things along.
Wow, Tina! Thanks. I'm going to try doing the same.
Joyjoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:51 AM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
piratejenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,704
Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/285/<160 (5'7")
WOE: LC/JUDDD/Fast5/Diabetes Miracle 2010-12
Start Date: 2014: Shangri-La
Eating cocoa crack for breakfast!!!

I've also been putting (canned) coconut milk in my coffee. I find it less weird than coconut oil.

Weight trend had been pretty good this week but TOM showed up yesterday. So I can't say for sure if or how the coco has affected me.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:50 AM   #238
GME
Big Yapper!!!!
 
GME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: CA Coast
Posts: 8,552
Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
I have good luck taking evening primrose oil for cystic acne. I take 1000 mg gel caps from Trader Joes. Usually 1 per day, but sometimes 2 if I feel one coming on.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #239
Senior LCF Member
 
capricapers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: JOIN DATE FEBRUARY 6, 2012
Posts: 409
Gallery: capricapers
Stats: goal 150
WOE: Ketogenic 85 F/12 P/3 C
Start Date: 1/7/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
You don't! That is why I always suggest to people that they add one thing at a time and test out their reaction to it. See if there are any sensitivities to it and to play with the doses.

But if you need to start them all at once and see there are any negative reactions, you can back them off one at a time and see if it was the culprit.
Good advice - I'm that way with skin care too. Bunch of new stuff all at once. You'd think at this age - I'd wise up!
capricapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:25 PM   #240
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
Reporting in on my CO experiment. I started adding it on Monday, and not counting it, even on DD's. I have more on UD's, but even yesterday, I had 2tbsp in my coco crack. On UD's, I put 1 tbsp in my morning smoothie, and then eat another 2tbsp of coco crack later.

I had an UUA weekend and started the week 4 pounds over goal. By Wed, I had lost those 4 pounds, and this morning, I woke up down an extra one. So it isn't having any negative effects on me at all, and may even be boosting things along.
Glad you're having these great results, Tina. I had the same from the CO - no problems with weight while eating it, and it was so nice to be able to use an oil "for free" on DD! They say it's due to how the body metabolizes it, and that it can increase fat burning.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:24 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.