Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 01:38 PM   #61
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Jamie,
The Red LAke Earth I have has bentonite clay or calcium bentonite (can't remember which) and it is supposed to be food grade but it is marketed for livestock. It is not white either. So I would go with the white kind.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2012, 02:13 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
natures wisdom it is i reckon!
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nickicaps
WOE: Raw Vegan
Yeah, plus I am a sucker for advertising. I'm like "well I should choose this brand bc who has the most infinite wisdom on the planet? Mother Nature of course!!"
nickicaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:48 AM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
I have purchased mine from More Than Alive because I get other products from them o I didn't compare prices. But I like theirs.

They list some of the possible benefits DE can bring. I have been using it about a year, but I haven't had blood tests. I am looking forward to seeing if it decreased by LDL and triglycerides!! Fingers crossed. It is funny how different things affect different people because this does not help me sleep- it energizes me!

Benefits!

Silica lowers bad cholesterol and raises good.
Silica fades age spots.
Silica stimulates metabolism for higher energy levels.
DE has a negative charge and bacteria have a positive charge. It is believed that it sweeps bacteria out of the body by trapping it in its honeycomb shaped skeletal form.
Silica supplementation helps repair and maintain vital lung tissues and protects them from pollution. By maintaining or restoring the elasticity of lung tissues, silica reduces inflammation in bronchitis.
It acts as a cough decreasing agent. Silica tones the upper respiratory tract (nose, pharynx, larynx) and reduces swelling because of its positive action on the lymphatic system.
Silica supplementation keeps menopause free of stress and helps to prevent many unwanted side-effects.
Cancer can not survive in cells that have the correct levels of Silica.
Silica works with other antioxidants to prevent premature aging and to preserve youthfulness.
Silica can help prevent kidney stones and heal infections of the urinary tract. It is a natural diuretic which can increase excretion of urine by 30 percent, thus flushing the water-excreting system and restoring normal function to these vital organs.
The presence of sufficient silica in the intestines will reduce inflammation of the intestinal tract. It can cause disinfection in the case of stomach and intestinal mucus and ulcers. Silica can prevent or clear up diarrhea and its opposite, constipation.
Silica will help normalize hemorrhoidal tissues.
In regulating and normalizing the bowels, silica has a pleasant side effect; it can alleviate lower back pain, which often troubles the elderly.
Silica proves effective with female discharge, abscesses and ulcers in the genital area and cervix, as well as mastitis (especially for breast feeding mothers).
The intake of silica acts as a supportive treatment for inflammation of the middle ear. Because of the beneficial effectiveness on the lymphatic system, silica can be used for swelling of the lymph nodes in the throat.\
Has anti-inflammatory disinfecting, absorbing and odor binding effects.
Silica can normalize circulation and regulate high blood pressure (hypertension).
Silica can decrease vertigo, headache, tinnitus (buzzing of the ears) and insomnia.
Silica can help diabetes by promoting synthesis of elastase inhibitor by the pancreas.
Silica can help arterial disease by strengthening the blood vessels. Studies confirm that with age, silica disappears from the aorta, the heart's key blood vessel thus weakening its critical connective tissue and resulting in a greater cardiac risk.
Silica can help prevent Tuberculosis.
By improving the elasticity of the joints, silica helps rheumatism.
Silica has inhibitory effects on coronary diseases.
Silica can help avoiding or alleviating Alzheimers disease by preventing the body from absorbing aluminum and may flush out aluminum from the tissues. Silica can stimulate the immune system.

Dosage: Take 1-2 tablespoons per day mixed in some kind of liquid or food. There is no unpleasant taste. Since it will not dissolve, stirring several times while drinking will prevent settling. Some have experienced higher energy levels, so it is probably better not to take it right before sleeping. No worry about getting too much--any excess silica not needed by the body is automatically eliminated through the blood stream, kidneys and intestines.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

there "seems" to be a huge differrence
natures wisdom says "It contains less than 1% percent of Crystal & Silicon"
and more than alive says "84% silcon"
8-/
Old 05-13-2012, 11:11 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Update:
I've continued to brush my teeth with DE. I've noted a marked improvement in plaque.

capricapers sent me this and I've been trying it the past few days with no nightmares. It significantly cuts down the DE consumption for me because I'm only drinking 1-2 quarts of the water mixed in with my tea per day.

Hopefully it will help others with nightmare issues too. If the link doesn't work, google long hair care forum and search for diatomaceous earth

Taking DE by the spoonful will not be as effective as adding it to a large volume of water, letting it settle out then drinking the water. Silica is very poorly absorbed, so taking a half or full teaspoon at one time will not increase absorption. It will only mean more passing right through the system.

This is why I add a spoonful to a gallon of water. Then I let it settle out. The water will dissolve a tiny amount of the silica forming orthosilicic acid. The excess silica settles to the bottom as a mud. I leave that there. Then I drink the water above the mud throughout the day. This allows me to absorb a small amount of the silica each time I take a drink. This will improve absorption even if stomach acid is low.

As the water level goes down I add more water to dissolve a little more of the silica. Just keep repeating this process. A spoon full of silica will last several years. but I usually change out the silica about every 6 months.
The additional advantage comes from the higher daily levels being absorbed.

To understand this lets say a capsule of silica contains 500mg. And let's say that the body only absorbs 1mg each time you take a capsule. If taking capsules 3 times daily as most capsules are supposed to be used this would a total of 3mg being absorbed daily. That is based on people actually complying and taking 3 times daily like they should. Now if you absorb 1mg per glass of water with DE dissolved in it and you drink an average of 8 to 14 glasses of water throughout the day we can see you end up with a lot more silica in your system at the end of each day.

Diatomaceous Earth reviews PLEASE.. - Page 5 - Long Hair Care Forum
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #67
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Wow, O, how long have you been using DE now?
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Wow, O, how long have you been using DE now?
The end of April I took it for 3 days. 1T, 1T, 2 T each day. On all 3 days I had nightmares. I never remember my dreams so it was pretty off-putting. I stopped for several days and started again last week on the diluted version described above. I'm still remembering, but they're dreams and not nightmares now. MUCH better. lol I'm keeping the dosage low for now and will slowly work my way up.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #69
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Thanks.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That is fascinating to me. I wonder what causes the nightmares? I have been taking it for a year now ( love how my teeth look) and haven't had a nightmare. Thank heaven because I would not like that at all!! I don't take it before bed, but still wonder what would cause it.
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
That is fascinating to me. I wonder what causes the nightmares? I have been taking it for a year now ( love how my teeth look) and haven't had a nightmare. Thank heaven because I would not like that at all!! I don't take it before bed, but still wonder what would cause it.
I have no explanation. I will work my way up slowly and let folks know if I have any other issues.
Old 05-13-2012, 04:22 PM   #72
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oropendola View Post
I have no explanation. I will work my way up slowly and let folks know if I have any other issues.
I was googling this to see what would cause this and am shocked by the number of herbs and medications that can affect dreaming!
How Drugs and Herbs Affect Dreams: Medications and Supplements Can Cause Vivid Dreams and Nightmares | Suite101.com
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I was googling this to see what would cause this and am shocked by the number of herbs and medications that can affect dreaming!
How Drugs and Herbs Affect Dreams: Medications and Supplements Can Cause Vivid Dreams and Nightmares | Suite101.com
Thanks! I'll read it as soon as I'm done watching a link capricapers sent me on oil and why we really have so much heart disease now. It's shameful, IMHO.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:15 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thank you for posting this. It was enlightening!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mcneilnomore
Stats: 309/305/150
WOE: moderate carbs and calories
Start Date: 3/10/14
Oh my. I never thought I would eat dirt but here I am. I have stomach issues that I just can't figure out so I am giving this a try. I took 1 tsp in a glass of water with a squeeze of lemon last night before bed and I also brushed my teeth with it. Loved it for brushing, my teeth seem to love it, too. The taste was not bad at all. With the lemon, there was no flavor and my water had a bit of texture but nothing unpleasant. I will start upping my dosage in a few days so I can total 2 T. eventually. I'll check back in if I see any improvements.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:56 AM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
I hope it helps!!!
I love my "dirt"!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:03 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heidinem
Stats: 130/111/105 (5')
WOE: mostly pescetarian, moderate carbs
Start Date: November 1, 2009
My hubby is still taking it daily. He is hoping for relief from arthritis symptoms. He has not seen a reduction in heart rate or blood pressure, but his numbers are good. He plans to take it till July 4th & then assess the benefits. Jenny are you still seeing heart rate reduction?
Heidinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 05:00 AM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, but what helps my heart rate issues (tachycardia) seems to be separate from my blood pressure. The DE has brought that down from about 95-100 to 68-72!!!

For bp, I take hawthorn berry, olive leaf, vitamin C, potassium. I also started drinking 2-4 cups of decaf green tea a day, mixed into a pitcher of hibiscus tea. More omega -3s (I eat chia seed &/or herring daily). More garlic, and cayenne when I feel up to it.

I've tried eliminating one or two things to see if I could simplify my regimen, but they all seem to help.

My bp has gone from about 150-160/90-100 to 115-125/75-85.
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
Old 06-07-2012, 08:23 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

i think i read that red yeast extract is the best supp for bp
Old 06-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Actually it is usually used for lowering cholesterol--
I used to work in a health food store and people who didn't want to take statins would come in and buy that stuff all the time.

I'll check it out, though...maybe it helps with bp, too.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #81
Senior LCF Member

I learned a hard lesson last night. When using DE for brushing your teeth, go gently. I did my usual fast and furious last night and my gums were bleeding. I have small teeth so my gums inevitably get mixed in.

On another note, My teeth look like they do after using whitening strips so I'm fairly positive the DE is removing those surface stains. My teeth have some crowding and I noticed that there is still staining in the nooks and crannies. Going to try using a wet q-tip dipped in D.E tonight.

I didn't take it internally last night because I'm concerned about it "stopping" me up if you catch my drift. I haven't seen much action in the bathroom and I'm not sure if it's because I started JUDDD or because I took the DE. I figure I should wait until everthing regulates on the diet before I start taking additional supplements.

Does anyone use it externally? I saw on the hair forum that some people add it to their shampoo and/or conditioner. I wouldn't use it on my skin as it is probably too abrasive but I was intrigued about the hair. Anyone do this?
mcneilnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:08 AM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I haven't tried it in shampoo or conditioner.

I've used it on my face and I did not feel it was abrasive.
But one of the DEs I have is very powdery (like cornstarch),
and the other, which has calcium bentonite added, is rougher...I wouldn't use that one on my face OR teeth!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Okay, so I finally came in here - piratejenny, if you'd mentioned hair in the thread title, I'd been in here from the beginning. Since I have thinning hair, is anyone noticing benefits in that area?

I'll start saving those little silica packs that come in everything - Lord knows I've thrown enough of them away. Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Piratejenny, I love your Ace Rimmer quote!!!! It's very rare finding other RD fans!
mcneilnomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #85
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
Okay, so I finally came in here - piratejenny, if you'd mentioned hair in the thread title, I'd been in here from the beginning. Since I have thinning hair, is anyone noticing benefits in that area?

I'll start saving those little silica packs that come in everything - Lord knows I've thrown enough of them away. Kidding!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, I'm sorry! Darn it, you could have Rapunzel hair by now!!!
I *definitely* have less hair falling out.
I hope we hear from some more people experiencing this benefit!

SILICA PACKS BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcneilnomore View Post
Piratejenny, I love your Ace Rimmer quote!!!! It's very rare finding other RD fans!
Thank you, thank you! Nice to find you, too!
Gosh, it's one of the best shows ever!!!!
I'm so excited that Season X in the works, although it will probably be a while before I find a way to watch it!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 10:51 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 9/22/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Oh, I'm sorry! Darn it, you could have Rapunzel hair by now!!!
I *definitely* have less hair falling out.
I hope we hear from some more people experiencing this benefit!

SILICA PACKS BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have to use protein in my conditioners (I don't use shampoo) to help at all with my hair not falling out. Hee hee .. wouldn't it be GREAT if those little silica packs could be used for this! What a time/money saver!!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
Strange but true - we take DE also, and my hubby mixes some in a bit of wet dogfood for our doggy. He has a fatty tumor. We had read that it would help. It has, quite a bit. It was on his chest, getting larger all the time, hard, and stretching the skin and red. The vet said it would just keep growing and eventually we'd have to take it off because it would impede him (kinda by his armpit). Now, it is much smaller, at least half the size, not red, not angry looking, and very squishy.

I have fatty tumors too, but they are little and on my arms and legs and are genetic. They are like marbles and when pushed on, they hurt. I am hoping this might eventually decrease them.

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:14 AM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Wow! I stayed up late to read this and I am ordering! I am a bit concerned about one thing though. What if you already have pretty low blood pressure, could this be dangerous to me? Could it make it lower than it is?

Beverly & Pirate Jenny, I am amazed at all of the benefits that this dirt has?!?! I have taken Biotin before for my hair and nails and did notice the difference in my health. I just did not take it continuously. Now I would like to try this for both of my dogs too! My chocolate lab has a few fatty cysts and she is always licking a hot spot on her leg. It makes me crazy!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:27 AM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sunday--I really don't know!!!
I've never heard/read of that happening.

All I can say is, some natural products "regulate" health problems.
That is, if your blood pressure (or iron levels or weight or whatever) is too low OR high, they can help bring it into a normal range.
For example, both low & high BP can be caused/aggravated by dehydration...so more water can help.
Most medications don't do this (they only work one way, lol).

Many natural products are safely eliminated from the body, if you take them and don't need them, or take too much. Of course not all are safe, or at least not at high doses. I I think it's a good idea to drink extra water when trying a new supplement, to help flush out any excess and/or in case of "detox" effects.

If it's possible that your blood pressure could go so low as to be dangerous, I would be very very cautious about taking DE. Take it when you will be home for several hours, don't take it when you're by yourself, etc. Is there something you can take to raise your BP quickly in case it goes too low?

Do you know what causes your low BP? It would be interesting if DE is known to resolve those conditions.

Re: the hot spot...have you tried Shapley's MTG?
It's a product used in horse grooming and works wonders on nearly all skin problems,
especially of the itchy/red/scaly/inflamed variety!!!

Last edited by piratejenny; 06-17-2012 at 10:33 AM..
Old 06-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Sunday--I really don't know!!!
I've never heard/read of that happening.

All I can say is, some natural products "regulate" health problems.
That is, if your blood pressure (or iron levels or weight or whatever) is too low OR high, they can help bring it into a normal range.
For example, both low & high BP can be caused/aggravated by dehydration...so more water can help.
Most medications don't do this (they only work one way, lol).

Many natural products are safely eliminated from the body, if you take them and don't need them, or take too much. Of course not all are safe, or at least not at high doses. I I think it's a good idea to drink extra water when trying a new supplement, to help flush out any excess and/or in case of "detox" effects.

If it's possible that your blood pressure could go so low as to be dangerous, I would be very very cautious about taking DE. Take it when you will be home for several hours, don't take it when you're by yourself, etc. Is there something you can take to raise your BP quickly in case it goes too low?

Do you know what causes your low BP? It would be interesting if DE is known to resolve those conditions.

Re: the hot spot...have you tried Shapley's MTG?
It's a product used in horse grooming and works wonders on nearly all skin problems,
especially of the itchy/red/scaly/inflamed variety!!!
I am sorry, I have normal blood pressure 120/70, it is my heart rate that is slow. I believe it is because of hypothyroidism. I am very interested in trying this!

Thank you for the hot spot suggestion! I will try it and see if it helps her.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote