Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 10:32 AM   #661
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
I keep it in a smart crockery pot with a rubber seal, rather like a cookie jar. It sits on my bedside table so I never forget to take it.
cool idea. thanks.I think I have a small glass jar like that.

I've got 2 5#bags though so I guess I'll just seal the remainder in the original bag till I need more.
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2013, 12:52 AM   #662
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
I keep mine in one of those Weck jars, I have one at work and one at home with DE, and when they are empty, I refill. One jar lasts a week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buegelglas.jpg (6.5 KB, 3 views)
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #663

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Perma Guard is the most common brand out there. Many companies seem to be selling re-packaged Perma Guard.

The one I bought from Amazon is called "Pure Earth D". It is fine in texture, light-colored and easy to take. It would probably help with most of the issues I mentioned.

The darker DE, with the calcium bentonite added & which seems to be more effective for my heart rate/bp issues, is a brand called "Red Lake Earth". There may be other brands with this blend but I found it online pretty easily as well as at my local feed store.

If trying for the first time, you should probably start off with 1/2 tsp once a day in case of possible detox or parasite die-off effects.

Some people say it gives them energy; I find it makes me sleepy. So you may want to try it on a weekend afternoon when you could go for a walk OR take a nap, depending on how it affects you!

I currently take a tbsp or two around 9pm, and am usually fast asleep by 10 or 11!
this is the one i have out in the building and just found it again today LOL came back in here to see if it was "good" going to get my nerve up i gotta stop shedding hair LOL and so do these kittehs!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:46 PM   #664

Quote:
Originally Posted by oropendola View Post
Update:
I've continued to brush my teeth with DE. I've noted a marked improvement in plaque.

capricapers sent me this and I've been trying it the past few days with no nightmares. It significantly cuts down the DE consumption for me because I'm only drinking 1-2 quarts of the water mixed in with my tea per day.

Hopefully it will help others with nightmare issues too. If the link doesn't work, google long hair care forum and search for diatomaceous earth

Taking DE by the spoonful will not be as effective as adding it to a large volume of water, letting it settle out then drinking the water. Silica is very poorly absorbed, so taking a half or full teaspoon at one time will not increase absorption. It will only mean more passing right through the system.

This is why I add a spoonful to a gallon of water. Then I let it settle out. The water will dissolve a tiny amount of the silica forming orthosilicic acid. The excess silica settles to the bottom as a mud. I leave that there. Then I drink the water above the mud throughout the day. This allows me to absorb a small amount of the silica each time I take a drink. This will improve absorption even if stomach acid is low.

As the water level goes down I add more water to dissolve a little more of the silica. Just keep repeating this process. A spoon full of silica will last several years. but I usually change out the silica about every 6 months.

The additional advantage comes from the higher daily levels being absorbed.

To understand this lets say a capsule of silica contains 500mg. And let's say that the body only absorbs 1mg each time you take a capsule. If taking capsules 3 times daily as most capsules are supposed to be used this would a total of 3mg being absorbed daily. That is based on people actually complying and taking 3 times daily like they should. Now if you absorb 1mg per glass of water with DE dissolved in it and you drink an average of 8 to 14 glasses of water throughout the day we can see you end up with a lot more silica in your system at the end of each day.

Diatomaceous Earth reviews PLEASE.. - Page 5 - Long Hair Care Forum
I have a Brita filter pitcher. do you think that would be a good container. I figured I'd put the DE in the bottom and let the tap water filter down into it to clean out the chlorine and other stuff and then let it settle and drink it. Do you think that if the water is above the filter that it might filter the silica that the DE is imparting to the water?
Old 03-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #665

Well, I drank some DE soaked water, and it tasted like...water. plain water. Mixed with water, it still has no taste, but it had no chalky texture cause the dirt all settled to the bottom.

Nobody gave an answer or idea about whether they think the filter pitcher might filter out the silicon once it is dissolved. I guess I'll test the idea by putting some food color in the bottom of the pitcher in the already filtered water and see if just having the filter sit in the water will soak up that color and possibly the silicon. I like having the clear pitcher to see the settled dirt .
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
Old 03-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #666

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Sorry I have no idea. I drink the lot, dirt and all. But I know at the start of this thread there was talk about just drinking the water and that it was equally good...
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:01 PM   #667
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Familyvet
Stats: 230/200/<160 5'8" 44yo
WOE: Atkins on and off for years, JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD 2/20/13
I ggogled it and someone was using a Brita filter to top off their aquarium instead of the more expensive aquarium grade ones.

"the next few days I would get a huge diatom bloom"...their conclusion: "Brita filters must not remove silica"

FWIW
Familyvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:25 PM   #668

it filters out INTO the container right?? and then pours through a spout without going back through the filter? so if you put the DE in the container then put the filter and water it it should not filter it out i wouldn't think
Old 03-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #669

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/124.8/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
it filters out INTO the container right?? and then pours through a spout without going back through the filter? so if you put the DE in the container then put the filter and water it it should not filter it out i wouldn't think
That is how my Brita works. You put the water in the top--that water gets filtered--so if you put it in the water reservoir where the water ends up after the filter, you are good to go
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:17 PM   #670
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Familyvet
Stats: 230/200/<160 5'8" 44yo
WOE: Atkins on and off for years, JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD 2/20/13
FWIW-I recently started taking DE--drinking it dirt and all-- and I have noticed that the milia (small hard bumps on my shoulders have peeled off as have a previous poster's). I doubt I would have noticed if someone else had not brought it up. I have a few on my face...will be interested to see if these go as well.
Familyvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Sorry I have no idea. I drink the lot, dirt and all. But I know at the start of this thread there was talk about just drinking the water and that it was equally good...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyvet View Post
I ggogled it and someone was using a Brita filter to top off their aquarium instead of the more expensive aquarium grade ones.

"the next few days I would get a huge diatom bloom"...their conclusion: "Brita filters must not remove silica"

FWIW
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
That is how my Brita works. You put the water in the top--that water gets filtered--so if you put it in the water reservoir where the water ends up after the filter, you are good to go
Thank you all! That's the type of filter I have. I feel more confident about it now. Funny how all it takes is assurance from friends to make doing something easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyvet View Post
FWIW-I recently started taking DE--drinking it dirt and all-- and I have noticed that the milia (small hard bumps on my shoulders have peeled off as have a previous poster's). I doubt I would have noticed if someone else had not brought it up. I have a few on my face...will be interested to see if these go as well.
Oh that's interesting. I have that on my triceps. I can't make them go away with soaking or coconut oil ( almost with coconut oil) it would be nice if I could have smooth arms that don't feel like sandpaper.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #672
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
Oh that's interesting. I have that on my triceps. I can't make them go away with soaking or coconut oil ( almost with coconut oil) it would be nice if I could have smooth arms that don't feel like sandpaper.
I find that they go away when I take enough vit D3 or get sunshine and when I bodybrush and take mineral baths... I am sure the DE will also contribute due to its mineral content!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:32 AM   #673
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Are milia the same thing as those little white bumps people get on the back of their arms?

Someone recently mentioned that those can be a sign of wheat/gluten intolerance.

But they might be two different things.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #674

yeah and i was reading SOMEWHERE on the web last night(LOL too much pin trest) and it said taking the DE will help too
Old 03-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #675

Quote:
Are milia the same thing as those little white bumps people get on the back of their arms?

Someone recently mentioned that those can be a sign of wheat/gluten intolerance.

according to Wikipedia, it's prevalent in newborns around the nose, face, and genitalia but not mentioned to affect other body parts.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:36 AM   #676
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
I have ordered some DE and can't wait for it to arrive. I'll be using it to make toothpaste as well as drinking it. I am going to initially take it undissolved so that I get the colon cleanse benefit as well as its ability (due to negative ion status) to pull toxins, bacteria, parasites etc. out. Time for a clean up!

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #677

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:

Keira has them, and also suffers from mild eczema. We went gluten free for a week, then did a sensitivity test and neither of us seems to be sensitive, but that doesn't mean it's not a sign for others with wheat/gluten issues. That's actually one of the main reasons we decided to test for wheat/gluten senisitivity, because I read that as well.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #678
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
according to Wikipedia, it's prevalent in newborns around the nose, face, and genitalia but not mentioned to affect other body parts.
Okay, they seem to be two different things.
The arm bumps are called Keratosis Pilaris.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Keira has them, and also suffers from mild eczema. We went gluten free for a week, then did a sensitivity test and neither of us seems to be sensitive, but that doesn't mean it's not a sign for others with wheat/gluten issues. That's actually one of the main reasons we decided to test for wheat/gluten senisitivity, because I read that as well.
I learned that from you!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #679

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Yes, it's the keratosis pelaris that Keira has. I forgot the name. The doctor just called it chicken skin.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #680
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: NoraL
what is JUDDDing?
NoraL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #681
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoraL View Post
what is JUDDDing?
It's a calorie-cycling eating plan.
(Johnson's Up Day Down Day Diet)
JUDDD - Low Carb Friends
Old 03-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #682
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: karen3
subscribing
karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #683
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Obliana
anyone taking DE still? what are your results?
Obliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #684
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kimmietoo
Stats: 350/269.2/??? 58 yo, hypothyroid age 8; menopausal
WOE: start JUDDD 01/24/13 at 310
Start Date: July 2009
Yes, I am taking it but haven't been on it long enough to assess it. I have been drinking it, using it for a facial mask and also using in toothpaste. I have a friend with Lyme disease who is using it and feeling better as a result.

Kimmie
Kimmietoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:42 AM   #685
Senior LCF Member

i've been taking it for about three weeks, also not long enough to assess the changes. However, I do seem to breath better at night (snoring has decreased quite a bit according to my husband) and my hair and nails are definitely growing faster than usual.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #686

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
When I first got mine I was taking a tablespoon in water each morning. Then for some reason I quit doing it. Then I read that you can put some in a water pitcher and keep refilling the water for quite a long time, and still get the benefits. So I have about 2 T in the bottom of my gallon jug of iced tea. I just keep making more tea in it, leaving the DE in the bottom, and I drink out of that every day.

I also brush my teeth with it once a week or so, and my teeth are so white and bright, and I'm losing all the plaque I can always feel behind my front bottom teeth. Can't wait to hear what the dental hygienist says in July when I go for my checkup!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #687
Senior LCF Member

how do you use it when brushing? do you mix it with something and scrub like toothpaste?
Old 04-16-2013, 10:41 AM   #688

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
I have one of those grocery store, battery operated toothbrushes, and I just wet it, dip it into the DE and coat it real good, then brush for a few minutes. Then I rinse real well and brush again with my normal toothpaste.
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #689
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I am still using it to brush my teeth. I use tooth soap, get my brush all filled with soap and dip it in the DE and brush away.
I am using it on a stray cat that has adopted me too. Poor thing must have been coated with fleas based on the sores and she is much better. I powder her every few days since she was in such bad condition.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #690

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I still use it and don't intend to stop. I put a little toothpaste on my electric brush and dip it into the DE. I use it about once a week.
Kissa is online now   Reply With Quote