Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #631
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Well, the surgeon poked and prodded and told me my hernia is healing perfectly. So, my DE should arrive in a few days.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #632
Established

Gallery: mom23kids
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: JUDDD for WL/5:2 IF for maintenance
Just read through this whole thread! I've never heard of this stuff before, but I'm definitely getting some because in the very first post it was said that this gets rids of fleas and that's an issue I've been dealing with since this summer We got a kitten at the campground we go to every year (they have tons of barn cats that live in the horse barns), and he's the sweetest thing but he came home with us infested in fleas (didn't realize it at the time), and even using the expensive vet stuff on him, as soon as it wears off the fleas are back in my house I actually have to look for them on my daughter's scalps when I brush their hair in the morning because the cat sleeps in their bedrooms and the fleas get into their bedding. I'm soooo sick of constantly washing their bedding, picking fleas of the cat, worrying about it! And we also get HORRIBLE bug infestations in the summer-sounds like I can use this for that as well

The health stuff would be a bonus I do have really bad acne and love that it might help with that, and some of the other possible benefits sound good! I'm looking at ordering the 10lb bag of Organic D-earth food grade kind. But, I'll re-read through the thread and see what everyone else is using.

This thread reminded me that I also need to look into oil pulling more-I'm now on a 3 month dental cleaning regiment because my gums are so bad I don't have plaque build up, but my gums are receding to the point where the dentist is concerned. I've read about oil pulling before but haven't pursued it-something I really need to do!

Last edited by mom23kids; 01-07-2013 at 06:20 PM..
mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #633
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Well, the surgeon poked and prodded and told me my hernia is healing perfectly. So, my DE should arrive in a few days.

So happy to hear this!!!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #634

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/???/140 5'4" 48 yrs
WOE: HDE/JUDDD/Lowish Carb
Quote:
Great Nancy!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:28 AM   #635
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Yep, I am singing and dancing with joy!

Oh Sara, I believe in oil pulling with the same intensity I believe in Tinker Bell! Try it, and prepare to be amazed. I hope hope hope your mouth responds as well as mine has!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:31 AM   #636
Established

Quote:
Yep, I am singing and dancing with joy!

Oh Sara, I believe in oil pulling with the same intensity I believe in Tinker Bell! Try it, and prepare to be amazed. I hope hope hope your mouth responds as well as mine has!
I'm going to buy coconut oil next time I'm at the store and start it
Old 01-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #637
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Never heard of oil pulling. Something new to investigate.
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:43 AM   #638
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
Never heard of oil pulling. Something new to investigate.
From what I understand it's just gargling with coconut oil for around 20 minutes a day? It sounds pretty simple and it's supposed to do crazy good things, not only for your gums/teeth but also other parts of your body Something about killing bacteria or something-I need to look into it more and get my hands on some coconut oil!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:47 AM   #639

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Nancy glad all is good, enjoy the DE.

Sara, it is great for the flea issues but even better for my skin!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:56 AM   #640

Okay....gotta ask.....fluid flush?

I got my "dirt" yesterday, so this morning I brushed my teeth with it. WOW! That is one clean feeling! I love it. I think I'll do it once or twice a week. I also drank 1/2 teaspoon (starting slow) in water first thing this morning, and I have been "going" like crazy ever since.

TMI alert: Had a couple of big, watery BMs, along with so much peeing all morning! Is this something you guys experienced? I'm at the end of TOM, so extra fluid isn't a big surprise, but wow, this is a lot of flushing out. I feel fine otherwise. Not worried, just curious if you guys noticed this.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
Old 01-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #641
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
From what I understand it's just gargling with coconut oil for around 20 minutes a day? ...
Swishing it around in your mouth. Swishing. Not gargling. Do. Not. Attempt. To. Gargle. Oil. When it hits the back of your throat an automatic 'eject' happens. Automatic and immediate. I speak from experience

You can pull any kind of oil. Oil pullers say they see different results depending on the kind of oil used. So far I have stuck with CO because it melts down to a something that resembles water and is easy to swish. I tried Olive Oil once...see para #1 re: automatic ejection.

The first time I tried pulling I had a long-established gum infection at the back of my mouth. Two pullings (evening and next morning) cleared it up (what I spit out in the process is way too TMI).
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #642
Established

Quote:
Swishing it around in your mouth. Swishing. Not gargling. Do. Not. Attempt. To. Gargle. Oil. When it hits the back of your throat an automatic 'eject' happens. Automatic and immediate. I speak from experience

You can pull any kind of oil. Oil pullers say they see different results depending on the kind of oil used. So far I have stuck with CO because it melts down to a something that resembles water and is easy to swish. I tried Olive Oil once...see para #1 re: automatic ejection.

The first time I tried pulling I had a long-established gum infection at the back of my mouth. Two pullings (evening and next morning) cleared it up (what I spit out in the process is way too TMI).
Thanks for the info
Old 01-08-2013, 01:48 PM   #643

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I got my "dirt" yesterday, so this morning I brushed my teeth with it. WOW! That is one clean feeling! I love it. I think I'll do it once or twice a week. I also drank 1/2 teaspoon (starting slow) in water first thing this morning, and I have been "going" like crazy ever since.

TMI alert: Had a couple of big, watery BMs, along with so much peeing all morning! Is this something you guys experienced? I'm at the end of TOM, so extra fluid isn't a big surprise, but wow, this is a lot of flushing out. I feel fine otherwise. Not worried, just curious if you guys noticed this.
I haven't had quite that reaction but a 'looser' BM is quite common for me in the mornings, although I have a tendency that way...

The squeaky clean tooth effect is amazing isn't it? I have tried oil pulling but it isn't for me.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #644
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cici52
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom23kids View Post
From what I understand it's just gargling with coconut oil for around 20 minutes a day? It sounds pretty simple and it's supposed to do crazy good things, not only for your gums/teeth but also other parts of your body Something about killing bacteria or something-I need to look into it more and get my hands on some coconut oil!
At first I thought it must be something for warmer climates. My CO is always solid at room temp. Then I realized the mouth is a warmer climate.

Last edited by cici52; 01-08-2013 at 02:59 PM..
cici52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #645
Established

Quote:
Originally Posted by cici52 View Post
At first I thought it must be something for warmer climates. My CO is always solid at room temp. Then I realized the mouth is a warmer climate.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #646
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
I've been reading with great interest all about "eating dirt".

I'm ready to give it a try although I already take so many supplements....but WTH I guess one more won't hurt nothin'....LOL

So...I should buy the PermaGuard brand? and start with half a teaspoon in water or some other liquid?

I mainly want to try and get some new hair growth. I'm on biotin and coconut oil which is supposed to help. I don't notice much hair falling out anymore, but man I'd love to see some new lil hairs pokin' out around my scalp line! I had such thick hair all my life, but menopause was not good to me in this regard. At least I think thats what happened....the more I read the more I think....who knows for sure!

"When a person has had too much to eat, fasting is the smartest thing he could do.” – Mark Sisson, Mark’s Daily Apple.

BElieve in
YOUrself!
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #647

Jan, have you started taking the DE?

Sorry no one replied to your question above, but I started with 1t each night in a large glass of flavoured water, cos I don't really like straight water except when I am eating. I had no issues with it and quickly built up to 1T.

My hair is thicker and growing fast that in years. Nails too.

I am in the UK so can't comment on different makes you get over there.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #648

I've been taking it in water for about 3 weeks now, and built up to 1T in the first week. I'm not sure I can see any difference in hair/nails/skin yet, and I'm not getting the regularity benefits others have described. I'm going to keep taking it and give it a real chance to do its thing. I do LOVE brushing my teeth with it once or twice a week. They feel like I just came from the dentist, and they really are whiter!
Old 01-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #649

Really, isn't that a wonderful feeling?

I think it was a couple of months before I noticed my hair and nails and a bit longer before I realised how smooth my skin was.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #650

That's good to know Cindy. I'm so impatient! My mother (the most patient soul on earth) has told me my whole life that I'd get more patient as I got older. Still waiting.....
Old 01-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #651

Well I'm a few years ahead of you, lol.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:38 AM   #652
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Hi all!

Cindy got me on to this thread and DE, and I am starting tomorrow... Just wanted to pop in, say hi and to let you all know that I have been reading about all your great results!

Will pop in after the weekend to let you all know how I got on taking DE my first few days...
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:47 PM   #653

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
I just ordered 10# of DE from Amazon. I had enough points to get it free plus free super saving shipping. Yay! It should arrive in a week.

I plan to use it as a tooth cleanser, and I have an extra water pitcher that I plan to fill with DE to steep. Does anyone cook or make beverages with their DE water or do you all drink it straight? I mean, for example, if you wanted to heat water for tea, would you pour some DE water from your pitcher to do so? I can't imagine there would be any harm in taking it in other than as plain water? Like if I want to make mushroom veggies soup with shiritaki, I could use this then, yes?
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #654
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JayLynn
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: A new start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Jan, have you started taking the DE?

Sorry no one replied to your question above, but I started with 1t each night in a large glass of flavoured water, cos I don't really like straight water except when I am eating. I had no issues with it and quickly built up to 1T.

My hair is thicker and growing fast that in years. Nails too.

I am in the UK so can't comment on different makes you get over there.
No problem, Cindy. I'm just getting back here too.

I haven't ordered any yet. I got ptero right around that time and have been taking it around 3 p.m. on DD's and it does seem to help me with wanting to eat at night. I also got a few skin care products to try, so just haven't got around to the de yet. But its on my list.
JayLynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:00 AM   #655
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Just a quick check in:

I have been taking DE for two weeks, and the issue with my bad skin is really clearing up nicely. I have just been drinking two heaped spoons of DE in a glass of water once a day and do this first thing in the morning. So far no related problems, I feel fine and my skin is pretty again! Can't wait to see my nails and hair grow! That will probably take some time still, LOL! Will report back when I have more results.
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #656
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimosa23 View Post
the issue with my bad skin is really clearing up nicely....I feel fine and my skin is pretty again!
Yay!!!
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #657

That's great Mimosa! Pretty skin just makes you feel better all around!

I got out of my routine of taking my DE about 2 weeks ago, and I need to get it back into my morning routine again. I hadn't noticed any dramatic changes yet, but I know I need to give it more time.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:07 AM   #658

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
my DE arrived!

in what kind of container do you keep your DE?
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:42 AM   #659

I keep it in a smart crockery pot with a rubber seal, rather like a cookie jar. It sits on my bedside table so I never forget to take it.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:38 PM   #660
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Familyvet
Stats: 230/200/<160 5'8" 44yo
WOE: Atkins on and off for years, JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD 2/20/13
Subbing...great thread!
Familyvet is offline   Reply With Quote