Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cprcheetah
Stats: 224.6/170/130
WOE: Lean For Life/Low Cal
Start Date: LFL 3/4/2014
Wow, am very interested in this. I actually have some DE as I use it to worm my dogs...I am also on Metformin and get the cramping, have insomnia, racing heart, pre-hypertension, and the um...bladder issue....mostly when I am sick but sometimes other wise and I am not a mom yet , also have the nasty massive girlie cramping.

How long before you noticed a difference? And you just take it in water? My hubby also has issues and asthma so this is an awesome thread. Gonna go read more up on DE. Love this! Thanks for sharing your experience.
Short Goal: By 4/4 214.6# 10# in 30 days (Met 3/19 @211.6#)
6 Month Goal: 164# by 37th Bday (9/25)
End Goal: 149 by Dec 31st!
cprcheetah is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Heather, I noticed a lot of these improvements the day after my second dose! I was only hoping for healthier hair, so it ws quite a pleasant surprise!

Also, I'm happy to report that sneezing & coughing seem to be less of a (bladder) problem the longer I take DE.
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Got my DE yesterday, we took a dose last night. Hubby says it tastes like cat litter smells. The bentonite clay I am guessing.
I've been doing tons of reading on the DE, wondering if you just keep taking it every day forever or do you take it in cycles of weeks or months?
Will report back on any noticeable improvements.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

B Lou, is there bentonite clay in your DE? Or that's just what it smells like?

I take it every day, no "cycling"...at least not on purpose! Just when I run out.

If it's a bit gritty, drinking it with a straw helps, because you can swallow it more quickly without getting it all in your teeth & stuff.

The DE I got recently is very fine & fluffy, and I found the *perfect* thing to mix it with: malted milk!!! I can't afford the calories every day, but it's nice when I can.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MSN08
Stats: sizes 18/6 calling goal!
Start Date: June 2012
I have had periods of 77 pulse readings since taking this stuff. That is a big deal for me when my resting pulse is usually 120+ so it is doing something!
MSN08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
dh and i started this last night. he's on meds for BP. how cool would it be if he could get off the meds?? and his LDL was higher than the doc would like, but i am convinced it's the fluffy LDL as he eats LC. but he was still not happy with his numbers. he was to get them rechecked last oct but i forgot to schedule his appts. so, would be nice to know what his cholesterol numbers are before starting the DE, but oh well...he started last night. i took 1/2 T last night and 1/2 T this am. the straw idea is great! thanks! too bad i don't have a straw tho...lol...

why i am taking it is to see what it does for bernice. my bm's are loose most of the time.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Hmmmm..... interesting I have been taking it for a long time now and I take a heaping tablespoon in a small glass of water. Just enough to make it liquid. I chug it down and hardly taste it. My nutritionist told me to take it for 8 weeks and then do 3-4 weeks off. However.... I am not sure why he told me that and I don't see it in the literature. Perhaps to get a break from the detoxing. The nicest thing for me was how it normalized my poo. Also, I brush my teeth with it and it is better than professional tooth whitening. My dental hygienist marvels at my lack of plaque build-up. It makes my teeth feel so clean!!

Just in case people don't read safety precautions, be careful about breathing in the dry powder. For sensitive people it can cause breathing issues. Also, if you use it for your pooches and cats in their food, don't let them breath in the powder either. It is usually long-term exposure that can cause the respiratory issues, but better to be safe. And as mentioned before, be sure to use FOOD GRADE only.

Last edited by sungoddess; 04-19-2012 at 07:01 PM..
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:06 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSN08 View Post
I have had periods of 77 pulse readings since taking this stuff. That is a big deal for me when my resting pulse is usually 120+ so it is doing something!
I've experienced the exact same thing! My heart rate was always around 115; I was only able to test it standing up, on my exercise machine, so I don't know what my official resting rate was. But even if I stood very still and relaxed for 10-15 minutes, it would stay between 100-115.

Lately I've been getting readings in the 80s & 70s!!!

The bp seems to be a separate issue, though; sometimes I have normal bp/high heart rate, & vice versa, or both normal, or both high!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MSN08
Stats: sizes 18/6 calling goal!
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
Hmmmm..... interesting I have been taking it for a long time now and I take a heaping tablespoon in a small glass of water. Just enough to make it liquid. I chug it down and hardly taste it. My nutritionist told me to take it for 8 weeks and then do 3-4 weeks off. However.... I am not sure why he told me that and I don't see it in the literature. Perhaps to get a break from the detoxing. The nicest thing for me was how it normalized my poo. Also, I brush my teeth with it and it is better than professional tooth whitening. My dental hygienist marvels at my lack of plaque build-up. It makes my teeth feel so clean!!

Just in case people don't read safety precautions, be careful about breathing in the dry powder. For sensitive people it can cause breathing issues. Also, if you use it for your pooches and cats in their food, don't let them breath in the powder either. It is usually long-term exposure that can cause the respiratory issues, but better to be safe. And as mentioned before, be sure to use FOOD GRADE only.
Do you just dip your toothbrush in it or mix it with your toothpaste? I have horrible plaque build up I would love to try this as well!

Piratejenny I have high/low bp readings still also. The bad thing I do not like about the lower heart rate is I have PVC'S when it gets low so its either let it run fast and feel tired from doing nothing at all or normal heart rate and premature beats which take my breath away can't win!
MSN08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:47 AM   #40
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Do you just dip your toothbrush in it or mix it with your toothpaste? I have horrible plaque build up I would love to try this as well!

Piratejenny I have high/low bp readings still also. The bad thing I do not like about the lower heart rate is I have PVC'S when it gets low so its either let it run fast and feel tired from doing nothing at all or normal heart rate and premature beats which take my breath away can't win!
My resting HR is usually in the 120's and I take a beta blocker to regulate it. I know not everyone wants to take meds, but mine have been wonderful. I'm always around 80 or below on the medication. Having long-term tachycardia can do severe damage.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:21 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Heidinem
Stats: 130/111/105 (5')
WOE: mostly pescetarian, moderate carbs
Start Date: November 1, 2009
We have been using DE for our chickens for several years & have a giant bag. My hubby tried to get me to start using it based on what he read on the internet. I was not game. I will have to share your results w/ him, he will be so happy that he was right & I was wrong .
Heidinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dazygyrl
ughh...i'm only on day 2 of taking this and i can hardly choke it down.
dazygyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:38 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tylar
Stats: 180/180/??? 5'7" 48
WOE: SB/301
Start Date: June 1, 2012
Dazygyrl, here's what I do: Pour a glass of juice, Crystal Lite, etc. Pour off about 1/2 cup into a small glass. Into that small glass, mix the DE. Take a big breath, chug it down, and then immediately chase it with the non-DE juice. Works like a charm every time.
Tylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:58 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Mine says it is 100% diatomaceous earth, so I don't know. It certainly smells like clay / hubby says kitty litter... I hardly taste it, just mix a heaping tbsp in 4oz water then follow with a little plain water, then my Natural Calm magnesium. That slides the taste away. Mine is fine white powder. I got the JM Organics brand on amazon.
I'm wondering if it is clogging me up after I took my second dose yesterday. No movement here. I want the benefits for my hair, nails and skin!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:58 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
What I do is dip my toothbrush in the powder and brush away. But my mom dips her toothbrush in the powder and then puts a layer of toothpaste on top of it and brushes. Some people mix the two. My plaque build up was awful too. And it was weird that it almost seemed worse on a low carb diet. Probably no association whatsoever, but it seemed that way. I was really pleased when I got a good dental report!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazygyrl View Post
ughh...i'm only on day 2 of taking this and i can hardly choke it down.
Maybe you are starting with too much? Try just a teaspoon to start mixed in your fluid and build up to more.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dazygrl, it might get easier after a few days.
Initially, I tried many different ways to "choke it down", but after a while I didn't mind taking it plain (in water).

However, one way I used to take it was with chia seeds. Mix 1tbsp in about 1/2 coffee cup of water, let sit to hydrate, add DE. More water if necessary...again, drinking with straw may be easier, as well as flavoring with Crystal Light or Mio.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
I just ordered mine. Thanks for all the interesting information.
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:50 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Day 3 of DE. I'm mixing mine with SoBe water. I'll using try a straw. It does get a bit crunchy. I started with 1 T hoping for more BM action. Nothing there so far. I upped it to 2 T today. I read on morethanalive some folks take up to 1/4 C per day. I think I'd have to do that in 2 sittings. ;-)
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I got up the nerve to brush my teeth with DE. Haven't been doing it long enough to be able to tell much though. Not my favorite thing but I managed to get it done. Was interested in the plaque thing. I go to the dentist to get my teech cleaned every 6 months and still have a bad buildup.
Here's hoping.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #51
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Hmmmm. Still thinking. I have added Silica tabs but they are the real deal.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherrymyra
I must have missed that about it cleaning the plaque off teeth. Really?
sherrymyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!

Hopefully. I go to the dentist tomorrow and I will faithfully brush with the DE and then I will be able to tell if it is working in the plaque area.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:50 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

We normally brush with baking soda. Hubby and oldest son are genetic Tartar producers and have to get cleanings every three months. We added half fossil flour to the soda to see what effect it will have. I don't mind the taste brushing at all.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:33 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrymyra View Post
I must have missed that about it cleaning the plaque off teeth. Really?
I wrote about that in a previous post. I have had really good success with this. I do it twice a day. I used to use baking soda and hydrogen peroxide, but switched to DE about a year ago. My dental people were very impressed with what a great job this has been doing. I do not mind it at all. I dip the brush in and clean all over. Then I follow with a toothpaste brushing. My teeth always feel clean now.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kiley2801
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
I wrote about that in a previous post. I have had really good success with this. I do it twice a day. I used to use baking soda and hydrogen peroxide, but switched to DE about a year ago. My dental people were very impressed with what a great job this has been doing. I do not mind it at all. I dip the brush in and clean all over. Then I follow with a toothpaste brushing. My teeth always feel clean now.
This is interesting ! I need to try this!
Kiley2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

I use tooth soap so I will brush with DE and then follow with the soap. I should really sparkle.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:04 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Last week there were a couple nights in a row I didn't take DE; I felt so sleepy, I didn't think I needed it...and I wasn't thinking about the other stuff I take it for, so I didn't think skipping it would be a big deal. Well, my resting heart rate went right back up to 95!!! And about 100-115 just doing light activity around the house.

This morning I'm back down to 77.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Perma Guard is the most common brand out there. Many companies seem to be selling re-packaged Perma Guard.

The one I bought from Amazon is called "Pure Earth D". It is fine in texture, light-colored and easy to take. It would probably help with most of the issues I mentioned.

The darker DE, with the calcium bentonite added & which seems to be more effective for my heart rate/bp issues, is a brand called "Red Lake Earth". There may be other brands with this blend but I found it online pretty easily as well as at my local feed store.

If trying for the first time, you should probably start off with 1/2 tsp once a day in case of possible detox or parasite die-off effects.

Some people say it gives them energy; I find it makes me sleepy. So you may want to try it on a weekend afternoon when you could go for a walk OR take a nap, depending on how it affects you!

I currently take a tbsp or two around 9pm, and am usually fast asleep by 10 or 11!

Anyone have any brand suggestions? id like to buy some to try.
I went to Amazon and looked up the Natures Wisdom and Red Lake Earth.
Red Lake Earth had no reviews and Natures Wisdom talked all about fleas lol

Id rather just buy one ya'll suggest =)
i do like the calcium idea.
thanks!
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: nickicaps
WOE: Raw Vegan
I actually ordered the Nature's Wisdom bc there were some great reviews on intestinal (human) improvements. I will let you know how it goes once I receive it!
nickicaps is offline   Reply With Quote