Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #391
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
That's a relief Adi, I did find a cheaper on line supplier today, so if I do need more I have that site bookmarked.

Also Adi, I want to congratulate you on your great weight loss this month, I was looking at the daily weigh in thread as I do at the end of each month. Brilliant.
Aw shucks. Thanks. Within 10 pounds of having to start maintenance. I am excited about that aspect of JUDDD.
For a slow loser I guess I am living proof that it can be done. Now where would I be if I had never started JUDDD on January 8? Still at 180 or therabouts. Six months and down 30 pounds is what it is all about.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2012, 12:29 PM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Aw shucks. Thanks. Within 10 pounds of having to start maintenance. I am excited about that aspect of JUDDD.
For a slow loser I guess I am living proof that it can be done. Now where would I be if I had never started JUDDD on January 8? Still at 180 or therabouts. Six months and down 30 pounds is what it is all about.
Beautiful.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:31 PM   #393
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Which time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by j4Christ View Post
Stargazer, thanks so much for your thoughtful reply. Yes, I am menopausal, so hopefully that is the reason for the hair loss. I don't seem to have thyroid issues according to my tests. I tried looking at the hairs that came off in the comb and it's hard to tell, but I don't think I saw many roots!! I'll try the hair products you suggested. What does "no cones" mean?
I second the no cones and beware of anything with cyclopentasiloxane in it. It coats the hair and actually makes it look good, but it is killer to get out. It is a "cone" despite it not ending in "cone"!

Also, try using a protein treatment in your hair. That helps mine to not fall out so much. I use K-Pak (knockoff Joico at Sally's) or Aubrey Rose GPB conditioner at The Vitamin Shoppe.

Quote:
Okay, are you ready for this, $17.50 for 1lb.
No easy-to-find feed stores there? What, they don't have animals where you live????
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:41 PM   #394
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
You mean London isn't full of horse-drawn carriages anymore? You guys have cars now?
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 02:24 PM   #395
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
You are all rotten! I am sure they have animal feed stores somewhere, but sadly not near me....
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
You mean London isn't full of horse-drawn carriages anymore? You guys have cars now?

Quote:
You are all rotten! I am sure they have animal feed stores somewhere, but sadly not near me....

I'm just finishing my dirt for the day. My 5th day. Started out with a teaspoon in my water bottle, upped it to 1-1/2 tsp. today. Haven't noticed any adverse affects (i.e. - potty running! ), so I might could up it a little more.

Patiently waiting for the thick hair to commence coming in!!!
Old 08-01-2012, 04:27 PM   #397

I've got it and I've taken it! Well that was easy, I was afraid it might be yucky, really pleasant, I just added it to my nighttime glass of water that I use to take my other supplements,and it was quite pleasant. I usually take 2 silica tablets, but I cut that back to one as I was using the DE.

I feel very grown up joining in here!

Now how to feed it to my cats when they eat dry food.... Any tuna water will do and it is a DD tomorrow, sooo tuna and vegetable soup.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Old 08-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #398
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I put a bit in my cats' water dish; it settles to the bottom but still seems to benefit them. Their fur gets very soft after a few days.

I also mix a bit into their litterbox. Seems to prevent fleas (my cats go outside); I think it gets worked into their fur.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #399
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I got tired of typing on my tablet last night, but I meant to say--

I also mix DE into my cats' wet food now & then. They actually prefer dry food, so wet food is a treat once a week or less.

However, if anyone's giving DE to their pets for de-worming, I've read that it can take 30 days. So you would have to find a way to give it to them regularly--in their water won't work.

I fill a coffee can with dry cat food and add a tablespoon or two of brewer's yeast, then shake it up. Since dry food is a little greasy, it sticks very well (like salt to buttered popcorn! ). I wonder if DE would, also?

(My cats like the brewer's yeast and I read that it helps repel fleas and other insects. And it's very nutritious, full of vitamins!)
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6
Old 08-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #400

I think that might work, as you say it is quite greasy, at least the one I use is.

How has your older cat accepted the kitten?
Old 08-02-2012, 03:23 PM   #401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

She hasn't.
But he follows her around & tries to pounce on her tail, or sneaks up on her when she's eating & smacks her in the head!

He's lucky she doesn't kick his butt!

She hisses and growls whenever she sees him...she would growl for HOURS if I didn't separate them.

I don't know what to do. It's ok while the weather is warm, as she loves being outside. But winter could be a problem.

Last edited by piratejenny; 08-02-2012 at 03:28 PM..
Old 08-03-2012, 02:36 AM   #402

Oh dear, cats know heir own minds....
Old 08-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #403
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joyjoy
Stats: ?? Feeling great 52yo
WOE: Intuitive/Hunger Driven Now.
Start Date: April, 2014
Quote:
She hasn't.
But he follows her around & tries to pounce on her tail, or sneaks up on her when she's eating & smacks her in the head!

He's lucky she doesn't kick his butt!

She hisses and growls whenever she sees him...she would growl for HOURS if I didn't separate them.

I don't know what to do. It's ok while the weather is warm, as she loves being outside. But winter could be a problem.
This cracks me up. And this is why I visit the dirt thread. You never know what you're going to read here.
Joyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #404
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I had to rack my brain to remember which thread the "Golden Milk" discussion was in! lol!

Anyway, I had mentioned that I thought the turmeric (I prepare it according to the video, but I don't put it in milk. Also, I add a little black pepper) was helping my horrid scalp condition. (Post #179 in this thread.)

I ran out of my prepared turmeric paste a couple weeks ago, and it has seriously been so hot & humid that I have avoided ALL cooking as much as possible!!!

My scalp has slowly been getting more bumpy & scabby. Not NEARLY as bad as it was before I started the turmeric, so I didn't panic. Really, I've had this condition for so long that as long as it's not super-inflamed it feels rather "normal". But lately I've been feeling like I've tempted fate quite enough, and tonight is nice 'n' cool (70 degrees), so I finally made some more paste. I hope that I will have a nice smooth head to brag about soon.

I also feel like the turmeric helped my tinnitus.
It had definitely improved recently, and I can't think of anything else I added or changed that would have affected it.
There are so many frogs & crickets & cicadas making r̶a̶c̶k̶e̶t̶ beautiful music all day & night that even if it had returned since I took my turmeric hiatus, I don't think I would have noticed!
But, again, I don't want to tempt fate, so I promise to be good & keep it part of my daily routine.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #405
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: capricapers
Stats: goal 150
WOE: Ketogenic 85 F/12 P/3 C
Start Date: 1/7/2013
I'm glad the turmeric has helped you - did me.
capricapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:16 AM   #406

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Okay so the Tumeric Golden milk sounds fascinating. I might have to try that if it helps with Tinnitus. The other day the power went off all throughout the building, but I didn't realize it at first cause I thought I heard at least a couple of appliances still going. Turns out it was my tinnitus, as loud as a fridge compressor! When everything was so silent but I still think I hear multiple applainces I know my Tinnitus is really bad!
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #407

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
I had to rack my brain to remember which thread the "Golden Milk" discussion was in! lol!

Anyway, I had mentioned that I thought the turmeric (I prepare it according to the video, but I don't put it in milk. Also, I add a little black pepper) was helping my horrid scalp condition. (Post #179 in this thread.)

I ran out of my prepared turmeric paste a couple weeks ago, and it has seriously been so hot & humid that I have avoided ALL cooking as much as possible!!!

My scalp has slowly been getting more bumpy & scabby. Not NEARLY as bad as it was before I started the turmeric, so I didn't panic. Really, I've had this condition for so long that as long as it's not super-inflamed it feels rather "normal". But lately I've been feeling like I've tempted fate quite enough, and tonight is nice 'n' cool (70 degrees), so I finally made some more paste. I hope that I will have a nice smooth head to brag about soon.

I also feel like the turmeric helped my tinnitus.
It had definitely improved recently, and I can't think of anything else I added or changed that would have affected it.
There are so many frogs & crickets & cicadas making r̶a̶c̶k̶e̶t̶ beautiful music all day & night that even if it had returned since I took my turmeric hiatus, I don't think I would have noticed!
But, again, I don't want to tempt fate, so I promise to be good & keep it part of my daily routine.
my oldest son has a similar scalp condition and the dermatologiast gave him ACCUTANE and dummy me allowed him to take it i really believe that stuff harmed my kid soo i had him stop it back then(about 7 years ago) but do you care to repost the recipe for the tumeric paste?? and do you take it internally or topically on the scalp?? i would love to get him some real help for his head
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #408
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

No problem, sweetie; here it is:

I take it internally.
I have considered putting it on my scalp but it is BRIGHT yellow & stains everything. It has even (temporarily) stained a couple of my "stainless" steel spoons! It eventually washes off of some stuff...my hair is dark brown, so it might not be too noticeable...if I ever try it, I'll let you know if it's worth having a yellow scalp for a couple days!

For VERY itchy scalp (and other skin conditions, like sunburn), milk of magnesia is very soothing. It's a bit messy, too, but it doesn't stain anything!
I had a very bad chemical burn from hair dye once, just poured half a bottle on my head, and it helped so much!!! So I have used it if my scalp is so bad that it's just driving me crazy and I can't concentrate (yes, it's gotten that bad).

Sorry to hear about your son & Accutane.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #409

thank you! and i have been googling too lol sounds like it could help Ken too
poor Kenny can't drink milk lately(i suspect the accutane messed his stomach up bad don't think i can prove it though) but i bet i can get him to drink a cup of hot tea with some of the paste in it

he has tried everything! even the MoM on his head and it still is terrible
wonder if the pill form would help? i know i could get him to take that but i would rather the paste IDk seems less "processed ' or something i am weird!
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles

Last edited by debkeversole; 08-12-2012 at 04:08 PM..
Old 08-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #410

watched the video WOW that is yellow!
Old 08-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #411
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: capricapers
Stats: goal 150
WOE: Ketogenic 85 F/12 P/3 C
Start Date: 1/7/2013
Glad to see that video is gettting good shares -glad to be of help way back when I first posted it!
capricapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:43 AM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

So, how long does it take to notice anything with the DE? DH and I have been taking it for over 2 weeks now and haven't noticed a thing. He's upped his to 1-2 tablespoons, I just got mine upped to 1 tablespoon.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: C'Marie
Stats: 270/down 110-ish/ goal 147
WOE: hCG Rx shots/JUDDD maintain
Start Date: 1/4/2010 Now R9 P2
My assistant has been taking it and it has really dried up her psorasis. Like within a week. I know it's doing something! It's obvious! LOL

My skin is much less dry when I take it. I don't use lotions. I'm just not a 'lotion' person. Never have been. Just maybe my heels once in awhile, very rarely. But when I take DE consistently my skin is better. If it is helping something internally as well, I am not sure how I would know. I would LOVE IT if it would help the inflammation in my hip.

HCG Rx to lose - JUDDD to maintain
C'Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:08 PM   #414
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanilla_latte View Post
So, how long does it take to notice anything with the DE? DH and I have been taking it for over 2 weeks now and haven't noticed a thing. He's upped his to 1-2 tablespoons, I just got mine upped to 1 tablespoon.
Are you taking it for something specific?
What time of day are you taking it?

If you don't have any serious health conditions, you might feel better so slowly that you don't feel anything's changed. But if you stop taking it, you might notice the yuckies coming back!

If you're taking it for somthing that's really aggravating you, it can be frustrating when it doesn't work quickly. Some people say that drinking DE water is more effective.

--You just put some DE into a jug of water, shake it up, let it settle for a few hours or overnight, then use that water (without disturbing the DE on the bottom). You can reuse this little bit of DE several times.

I find a jug that's at least 64-oz works best.

I keep forgetting to drink my DE water--my house & kitchen are very tiny so I can't leave it out on a counter or somewhere I'll be reminded--so I can't say whether one way is better than the other for me.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:37 PM   #415
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
This is a little update on the Serrapeptase. I think it's helping with my neck pain. I started noticing a difference after 2.5 - 3 weeks of taking one capsule in the morning and evening. It's the only thing I'm doing differently, so perhaps it's having an effect. Either that or I'm just going through a type of remission from the aggravating pain. I know that just before things got better, I was feeling some of the worst I had since all this started about 3 years ago.

I have a pain and tension down the right side of my neck from the base of my skull to the shoulder blade area. It started one morning (the night after Labor Day 2009 which included lots of alcohol) when I woke up feeling the most stiffness and horrible pain ever. I couldn't move my neck for the stiffness and pain. I took aspirin round the clock for a few days until I could move again. I should have gone to a chiropractor, but I waited 1.5 years to do that. Because it became tolerable most of the time, and I kept thinking it had worked itself out or would soon. I don't know what I did to my neck that night years ago, but I think perhaps I twisted my head around like the Exorcist.

Anyway, if the serrapeptase has helped, it's not been a miracle yet but it has made things much more tolerable. I haven't had the bad ache and tension, and I can "crack" my neck easier, and it relieves the ache better than it used to. I go to the chiro. again tomorrow so I'll see what he thinks of the supplement. If the supplement has anything to do with this, I guess it has relieved some inflammation. Will see how it goes. Even if it never gets any better, this is a nice improvement as I've been suffering for almost 3 years with my neck.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #416
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KathyL
Stats: 205/118-122/125 5'4" Age 53
WOE: low glycemic index in 2011 JUDDD in 2012
Start Date: January 2011
Um, wait a minute......so you don't have to ingest the actual DE? Just the water that's been sitting with it at the bottom? Seriously? I've been drinking sandy tasting water for the last week for naught? LOL
KathyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyL View Post
Um, wait a minute......so you don't have to ingest the actual DE? Just the water that's been sitting with it at the bottom? Seriously? I've been drinking sandy tasting water for the last week for naught? LOL
If I could chime in, Kathy, I drink mine all mixed up too. It's been a month or so now and I stopped for a week and the bumpy skin on my arms and upper thighs came back. I started it again. I definitely feel better all the way around when I take it.

I like putting the DE in a glass and pouring Seltzer water on it (bubbly) so it disolves easy and I chug. My body likes the minerals and doesn't mind the grit
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #418

and the gritty part would be what would clear out the umm unwanted visitors if there were any
i guess the water by itself is to get the silica
Old 08-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #419
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah the water doesn't work for parasites, and maybe some other things.

Some people prefer it as a way to get the silica benefits, though.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:13 AM   #420
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Are you taking it for something specific?
What time of day are you taking it?

If you don't have any serious health conditions, you might feel better so slowly that you don't feel anything's changed. But if you stop taking it, you might notice the yuckies coming back!

--You just put some DE into a jug of water, shake it up, let it settle for a few hours or overnight, then use that water (without disturbing the DE on the bottom). You can reuse this little bit of DE several times.
I bring two bottles to work that are a little over a quart each. I put the DE into one bottle daily and drink it, mixing it up as I go. I drink that bottle first (in the morning) and get it down over a couple of hours. Then I work on the next bottle (DE-free) to be sure and get enough fluid.

I'm mainly hoping it will help thicken my hair! If it helps with anything else (lightening age spots oh wait!!!!! "freckles" or an achy heel) that'd be great. For hubby, if it would help with his joint aches and pains, it would be a huge help. Sheesh, you'd think we were in our 70's with all this aches and pains talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyL View Post
THIS!!!! See my little bolded above!!