Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 12:34 PM   #301
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: BarbDe
Stats: Quit smoking 11/4/07; 16/10/10 on 11/30/12
WOE: Low carb/Paleo/& Crossfit!
Start Date: August 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitedov1208 View Post
Just an observation about the Diatomaeous Earth that I've been taking for 1 week now....drink lots and lots of water 100 oz for me or I do not go. It tells ya to drink lots of water but I work and sometimes get too involved to remember.

But this thread gave me an idea....take Coconut oil as well and let it do it's thang...like a lube job. Slip sliding away Sry, TMI.
I've been wondering if the Diatomaceous earth is what is causing my GI issues? Or if I've got a flue bug. I'm going all the time since Sunday!!
BarbDe is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2012, 12:54 PM   #302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbDe View Post
I've been wondering if the Diatomaceous earth is what is causing my GI issues? Or if I've got a flue bug. I'm going all the time since Sunday!!
It definitely impacts the GI system in one way or the other, so you may want to back down the amount you take. I took WAY too much in the beginning and didn't realize it was too much for my system. It also has a "loose impact" on me versus the constipation. I adjust the amount I take accordingly. The amount I can take still varies even though I have taken it for quite awhile.

For those with constipation, try this. (said tongue in cheek). Eat a few sugar free Werther's hard candies. OMG!! A friend gave me a bag thinking the sugar free would be something I liked. They are kind of small and I ate about six. I had NO idea I would have GI issues like I went through. It was awful. And for hours!! But next time I need a colonoscopy, instead of cleaning myself out with that dreaded drink you have to take, I will eat sugar free candy instead!
Old 07-11-2012, 07:16 PM   #303
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: BlueTopaz
Stats: 160/156/140
WOE: whatever works
Start Date: 10 years ago - Height 5' 7"
Quote:
Barbie: I gave some to my friend and he's going non-stop after 3 days of taking it. He stopped it 3 days ago and is still going. He was taking 1/2 teaspoon a day. He's going to start it back up tomorrow because he feels more energetic w/it.

I started with 1 tablespoon a day and still doing that.

I have been giving it to my dog in her food and she hasn't had any accidents.

Maybe it has to do with our GI tract health is to begin with. Maybe if we have had a lot packed in, it gets rid of it. I consider that a cure.

There is a die-off effect from what I've read about it. I'm for getting rid of anything that doesn't belong in me and that's the beauty of it.

Sungoddess: Oh, my arm could definitely twisted to take a sugar free Werther's.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:16 AM   #304
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: BarbDe
Stats: Quit smoking 11/4/07; 16/10/10 on 11/30/12
WOE: Low carb/Paleo/& Crossfit!
Start Date: August 2004
I was taking a heaping teaspoon a day. Sunday night I woke up with extreme stomach pain. Haven't taken it for 2 days now and I'm still having diarrhea like symptoms. I'm going to wait til I have a normal day and start again with a much smaller dose.
BarbDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:39 AM   #305
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Gosh I must be immune to DE. I am drinking 1 T every morning with absolutely no action. Tonight I am going for my second T. And I knwo I could overdose on sugar alcohols but sweet is a trigger for me so I am trying to avoid that. Might have to change my mind though.
I am thinking a complete fast every other day is causing my problem since I have been going for 40 hours with nothing much added to my digestive system on a regular basis. I started eating on DD's so I should get back to normal soon.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:04 AM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sungoddess View Post
It definitely impacts the GI system in one way or the other, so you may want to back down the amount you take. I took WAY too much in the beginning and didn't realize it was too much for my system. It also has a "loose impact" on me versus the constipation. I adjust the amount I take accordingly. The amount I can take still varies even though I have taken it for quite awhile.

For those with constipation, try this. (said tongue in cheek). Eat a few sugar free Werther's hard candies. OMG!! A friend gave me a bag thinking the sugar free would be something I liked. They are kind of small and I ate about six. I had NO idea I would have GI issues like I went through. It was awful. And for hours!! But next time I need a colonoscopy, instead of cleaning myself out with that dreaded drink you have to take, I will eat sugar free candy instead!
I have the same effect with sugar free pudding! It's....um....
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:35 AM   #307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DD80 View Post
I have the same effect with sugar free pudding! It's....um....
I had no idea. Another thing on my checklist to avoid!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #308
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
PJ or anyone who would know....

do you have a rec on a greens supplement (I'm thinking a powder that you make into a drink but open to any form) that would be as close as possible to eating greens - like leafy green vegs? Perhaps just a chlorophyll supp? See, I try to get in a big salad each day based on kale and romaine and/or other leafy greens, and I really feel it's made a difference in how I feel AND look. But I know it won't always be easy to get the fresh veggies if traveling or something, and so would like a backup product. Thanks!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:29 AM   #309
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<273/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
The best "green" supplement I ever took was E3 Live.
It comes in a frozen liquid; I would just take the bottle out of the freezer at night, put it in the fridge, pour off a tbsp in the morning, put it back in the freezer. Other people I know would defrost it all at once and re-freeze it in ice cube trays.

Obviously, this is not convenient for travel. But if you want something at home for when you need an extra serving of greens, this is nice because you can keep it in the freezer.

E3 Live also comes in capsules and loose powder...I just never tried it, so I can't give an opinion.

Powdered mixes:
Green Vibrance (Vibrant Health)
Berry Green (New Chapter)
Barlean's Greens (Barlean's)

There are a lot of companies out there making greens; these are some of the more popular ones, and brands I trust. If you go to a health food store, they may have their own line of products, which may be a better price.

Another option is a shot of wheatgrass, if you travel to towns with health food stores that sell it!
New lows, 2014:
7/25....276.2
8/01....274.6
8/02....274.2
8/03....273.6
8/04....271.6

Last edited by piratejenny; 07-12-2012 at 09:32 AM..
piratejenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:02 AM   #310
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
The best "green" supplement I ever took was E3 Live.
It comes in a frozen liquid; I would just take the bottle out of the freezer at night, put it in the fridge, pour off a tbsp in the morning, put it back in the freezer. Other people I know would defrost it all at once and re-freeze it in ice cube trays.

Obviously, this is not convenient for travel. But if you want something at home for when you need an extra serving of greens, this is nice because you can keep it in the freezer.

E3 Live also comes in capsules and loose powder...I just never tried it, so I can't give an opinion.

Powdered mixes:
Green Vibrance (Vibrant Health)
Berry Green (New Chapter)
Barlean's Greens (Barlean's)

There are a lot of companies out there making greens; these are some of the more popular ones, and brands I trust. If you go to a health food store, they may have their own line of products, which may be a better price.

Another option is a shot of wheatgrass, if you travel to towns with health food stores that sell it!
Thank you! I am going to try the Berry Green.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Thank you! I am going to try the Berry Green.
Excellent choice!!!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #312
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I was taking a heaping teaspoon a day. Sunday night I woke up with extreme stomach pain. Haven't taken it for 2 days now and I'm still having diarrhea like symptoms. I'm going to wait til I have a normal day and start again with a much smaller dose.
BarDe - That sounds like a good plan. My friend has restarted today taking 1/2 teas. because 1 T was too much and had too many bathroom visits.

So far now I'm noticing the candida I have had for years is improved. Yahh!

Still have gassy tummy but not too excessive. Since I have a little of diveritulosis (sp?), I'm hoping that it's scrubbing my innards clean.

I'm going to start up on Coconut Oil now in my morning coffee before I take my Diatom. Earth. This earth stuff reminds me of the malt they put on Dusty Road Sundae's.

Adillenal - You must be clean as a whistle for no effects yet. Are you drinking lots of water when you take it and throughout the day? That really made a difference for me.
BlueTopaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #313
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
So far now I'm noticing the candida I have had for years is improved. Yahh!
From the DE?!
I'm so excited for you!!!

Quote:
This earth stuff reminds me of the malt they put on Dusty Road Sundae's.
I actually mix mine with malted milk (Ovaltine) sometimes!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #314
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
BarDe -

Adillenal - You must be clean as a whistle for no effects yet. Are you drinking lots of water when you take it and throughout the day? That really made a difference for me.
Yes, I am drinking a lot of water so maybe all will be well eventually.
I am getting sick of plain water I am drinking so much of it. I use lemons every other day and that makes it better.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:35 PM   #315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
From the DE?!

I actually mix mine with malted milk (Ovaltine) sometimes!

That's great ~~~ a Dusty Road Milk Drink!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #316
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
Yes, I am drinking a lot of water so maybe all will be well eventually.
I am getting sick of plain water I am drinking so much of it. I use lemons every other day and that makes it better.
Yep, me too and I was never a big drinker. I drink it with lemons and sometimes I add cucumbers and mint. Hoping it helps with water weight as well.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #317
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[QUOTE=piratejenny;15796816]From the DE?!
QUOTE]

Yep, from the DE. Nothing else I've changed.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Yep, from the DE. Nothing else I've changed.
This makes me so happy that I started this thread...you know that cliché about "if I help even one person..." lol

PS: I started a thread on DE in a hair care forum almost 3 years ago;
I just checked in and it's still alive & kicking, and 191 pages long!!!

Last edited by piratejenny; 07-12-2012 at 09:16 PM.. Reason: PS
Old 07-13-2012, 04:56 AM   #319
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
This makes me so happy that I started this thread...you know that cliché about "if I help even one person..." lol

PJ: I heard about DE about a year ago and then stumbled across your thread here, then decided to move forward to try it. I"m glad I did and grateful that you started this thread. I'll have to check out your other thread. Could you send me a link to that? Thanks much!

Last edited by BlueTopaz; 07-13-2012 at 04:58 AM..
Old 07-13-2012, 04:31 PM   #320
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Glad you started this too, PJ!
Old 07-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #321
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/136/125; 5'1"
WOE: PSMF/hcg Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG/PSMF 07/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
A few months ago, Metqa (Queen of the CO) explained the MCTs (medium chain fatty acids/triglycerides - about 60% of volume in CO) are absorbed into the bloodstream directly out of the tummy. And, some people's tummies can handle that, and some people's tummies cannot. I ate 1 (or more) Tb of CO with every meal for years without noticing anything except the good things. Then, about a year ago, it started triggering something very close to a really bad acid reflux attack. I stopped eating CO for months then tried again - same problem, days of pain. So, while I still oil-pull and slather CO all over, I am going to wait until next summer before I try eating it again.

Because the MCTs bypass most of the digestive process, a significant portion of the calories in CO never make it to the liver and get stored as fat. Because CO is thermogenic, many/most of the calories burn up (and take some additional cals with them) and do not get stored as fat.

When I was eating the stuff, I figured 50% of the calories on the label. But a lot of people don't count the calories at all and get no nasty surprises when they weigh.

SIGH. I really enjoyed the taste!
a few days ago I had a sneezing fit for no reason. Now I know why. Y'all been talking 'bout me!

That heartburn sounds awful. I had a ENT tell me that the diet for reflux was low fat and I said "no way" I just needed time to heal up and it went away on it's own.

I never really keep track of my coconut oil except when I'm doing some calorie counting plan. Oh, i'm afraid to use it on my skin as much as I used to because this darned summer is so danged hot and I don't want the warming sensation of the coconut oil on top of that. Sheesh! But right after a shower ain't so bad.

I learned to like the flavor, though all my life I hated and still do hate coconut, but my body knows how good it is for me and I like the smell and taste now, though I do use a lot of refined-no smell for everyday things, I accidentally forgot that the sweet smelling one was "coconutty" and nearly passed it as the non-smelly kind to my bf since my guard against coconut oil smell is now officially gone.

Quote:
Adi, you could always stop taking it for a week and see if you notice anything. Sometimes it's easier to notice the things that bother us than the things that don't, IYKWIM.

For me, sometimes things get better slowly, and I forget that I even had that problem until I come across something that reminds me of it.

For example, I have tinnitus. It comes and goes...I don't really notice when it's gotten better, I only notice when suddenly it starts up again! Then I have to try to figure out if there's something I'd been doing but had stopped recently that *might* have affected it!
If you figure something out PLEASE post it here. My tinnitus is so awful all the time I'm sure it's what makes me insane most of the time. I can't enjoy a quite room, and even the most annoying noises like nails on chalkboard seem like peaceful sounds compared to what I hear all the time. Sometimes I wanna cry it's so loud and disturbing, but a lot of herbal remedies I looked for just don't work or claim it takes 6 months to notice while paying $30 per box per month. Yeah right!

Please clarify the settling thing. Are you supposed to stir the DE into a solution and drink it, or are you supposed to let it settle and only drink the water, leaving the dirt in the bottom? Are there different benefits to each method?
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
If you figure something out PLEASE post it here. My tinnitus is so awful all the time I'm sure it's what makes me insane most of the time. I can't enjoy a quite room, and even the most annoying noises like nails on chalkboard seem like peaceful sounds compared to what I hear all the time. Sometimes I wanna cry it's so loud and disturbing, but a lot of herbal remedies I looked for just don't work or claim it takes 6 months to notice while paying $30 per box per month. Yeah right!
Wow, I'm really sorry about this. My tinnitus is not that bad!!!
I have a sort of perpetual earache/water in the ear feeling. I don't know what it's from...doctors can't see anything when they look into my ear.
I think that might contribute to my tinnitus.

There seems to be a strong connection between tinnitus + inflammation (you may want to Google that), and turmeric is a superhero when it comes to fighting inflammation!

I'm not 100% sure, but it seems to have improved since I started taking it, prepared in the manner we discussed on an earlier page.
Silica supplementation (diatomaceous earth)
I just take a spoonful of it every day; I don't put it in milk.
I doubt there could be any harm* in trying it; even if it doesn't work for your ears at all, it might make you feel healthier in some other way!

(*Turmeric is a very potent blood-thinner, so do not take if that conflicts with any condition you have or medication you take. Stop taking it a few days before any surgery or dental work.)

Anything else that addresses inflammation (fish oils, omega-3s, B vitamins) might alleviate tinnitus.

Hmmm, I'm just kinda putting some puzzle pieces together here; have you ever had a CRP test (blood test for inflammation) or been checked for food allergies?

One of our BUDDDS recently mentioned that her CRP improved greatly after she found out she was allergic to some foods and eliminated them.

(Google tinnitus + food allergy)

Quote:
Please clarify the settling thing. Are you supposed to stir the DE into a solution and drink it, or are you supposed to let it settle and only drink the water, leaving the dirt in the bottom? Are there different benefits to each method?
The 2nd method supposedly makes the silica more "bio-available".
I prepared a jar this way--I just keep forgetting to drink the water!

However, since it doesn't actually get the DE into you, I doubt it would be effective as an anti-parasitic. Some people report improved "regularity" with DE; I would imagine that comes from ingesting it...so method #1 for that too.

Last edited by piratejenny; 07-13-2012 at 10:58 PM.. Reason: corrections
Old 07-14-2012, 02:52 AM   #323
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Hey Metqa! I was hoping dropping your name would catch your attention!

From personal experience, I second PJ's comment about tinnitus being closely linked to inflammation. It shows up a few days into a pollen-type allergy attack for me. And vanishes as I get said attack under control.

Food allergies are beginning to look like major culprits in a lot of unhealthy situations.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:41 AM   #324

Thanks, I have a friend who's been taking turmeric, I can't recall why, but I know it's really good for you. She puts hers in kefir I think.

I've bought so many supplements, and i'm a bout to move and haven't used up half. I've got some blended supps for inflammatin related to another issue so I might start taking those again and see.

Jenny, Your tinnitus sounds worse, I have no sensations just the sound. I'd go even more mad if I felt something. I limit my earring wearing too, and don't wear glasses anymore cause the arms resting on my ears aggravated me so much I got headaches.

I've never had a inflammation test, but I have no know food allergies. sensitivities might be different...Oh I got sick many year ago, never identified it but I think I had some kind of meningitis cause ...well I'll just say I had the most horrible symptoms and my neck,ear and jaw were unbearable for at least two weeks. regular speech felt like someone beating on my eardrum like a drum. It hurts just to remember....

Yeah, You ladies are right, it must be inflammation! Well, I'll use up my current inflam supps and after I move, I'll order some DE to drink as well. I've got DE now but it's labelled for bug use even though it is pure. Since it's been open for year It might have dust and gunk in it. so I'll order food grade that's been stored as food.

folks on the lowcarber forum are claiming their T got worse with Turmeric because it's high in salicylate, but I don't think mine ever gets worse from taking asperin, so I might chance it. I like indian food anyway so it shouldn't be a stretch.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:13 AM   #325
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
their T got worse with Turmeric because it's high in salicylate
Oh, sorry...I didn't know.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #326

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Metqa, I hope you aren't moving from Athens! As you know I pictured living in Greece for years.... If you strike Athens from your Profile I shall be shattered.

Sympathies to you and PJ for your tintitus.

I am so thrilled to tell you that I can eat CO at last. I am using Kristen's (JoyJoy) bark recipe. This is just my second day and I am having no issues at all. The new brand of CO I bought is much less 'coconutty' that the other one. I am not going to count the calories unless I see any unexplained gains.

Also, I think my nails and hair are benefiting from the Silica supplement I am taking. It is over 2 months now and my nails seem to be growing faster. I have super thin acrylic 'wraps' and as the new growth occurs it looks so healthy. I am keeping them as short as I can and hope to grow them out one the next couple of months. I would love to have strong nails again like I did in my 30s and 40s.

Also my toenails are much healthier. There is virtually no fungus any longer. I hated that. I have always looked after my feet and nails and I was determined not to have thickened nails as I grew older. It started about 6 years ago and I have 'almost' got rid of it a couple of times. We shall see.

Someone else, don't remember who sorry, said that their toenails had cleared up on JUDDD.

Whatever the reasons, I am happy. Thanks PJ and everyone for this great thread.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

Last edited by Kissa; 07-14-2012 at 11:42 AM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:01 AM   #327

Kissa!!! I realized that I haven't had bark at all lately but I use coconut oil more in everyday cooking so I think I'm still getting a lot.

Not leaving Athens, Actually gonna buy a house in Athens( fingers crossed) , so I'll be here for a while longer!

My fingernails are weak but my toenails are strong, makes no sense, but that sounds nice to have stronger nails.

Hey Jenny, about Turmeric Salicylates, I don't think that's a problem for me, so I intend to try it anyway. The lady who mentioned it, her problems with T started because of a reaction to medicine with salicylates, so it made sense that Turmeric aggravated it. I'm hoping its an atypical and personal response. Someone else responded to her that standardized Turmeric pills would have less.
Old 07-15-2012, 01:15 AM   #328
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Cindy, I am the one who cleared up three years of toenail fungus on JUDDD. Eating CO and rubbing CO on my feet/toes (under nails, between toes) reduced the fungus to an amazing degree. But did not quite finish it off. JUDDD provided the coup de grace.

I encourage you to start topical application.

Metqa! Good luck with the house! I attended UGA a zillion years ago. Athens is a lovely place.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:18 AM   #329

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I certainly will Nancy, thanks for that, it is something I really loathe, and want so badly to be rid of forever!
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:04 AM   #330
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just wanted to say, I'm really happy so far with the Diatomaceous Earth results. I'm cautiously optimistic that these results will stick.

Candida is one of the reasons a person cannot lose weight on any diet. I read this from Dr Atkins in his DANDR book. Besides failed weight loss on any various diets I've tried, there are symptoms I've had for many years that are now gone.

If anyone's interested, this is my finding so far:

Whiteheads or plain bumps on the back of my arms and upper thighs - gone
Leg rash that appeared out of nowhere 3 weeks ago - gone
Private area discharge (sorry, TMI) - gone
Coated tongue (90% gone)
Itching oily skin (like a film) - gone
Ear wax and itching - gone
Lost 3lbs this week

I'll wait a little while before I claim victory but then I'm going to see if the Candida thread is still running and suggest this as a possible treatment.

TY again PJ because if it weren't for this thread, I probably wouldn't have tried it.