Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2012, 04:23 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member
 
FitMommyNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 779
Gallery: FitMommyNow
Stats: 280/235/160
WOE: No Sugar, No Grains, No Dairy, No Nuts
From HCG to JUDDD

Hi Everyone!

I've been reading the forums a bit and wondered if anyone has had success on JUDDD after doing HCG/HCG like WOE.

I've lost most of my weight eating HCG/HCG-esque. Basically, I didn't do the drops but followed the HCG diet rules of meat/fruit/veggie, two meals a day, for 30 days at a time. I did eat up to 6 oz of lean protein per meal and ate the veggies and fruits I liked (averaged about 750-850 calories a day).
Then I would stabilize the losses with low carb and then did my little plan again. I'd lose around 15-17 pounds in a month doing this. Stabilize for a month or two, then go at it again.

The thing is, the smaller I get, the harder it is on me physically to go a whole month on 750 calories. Very depleting.

My thought is if I did JUDDD and used sort of an HCG day (closer to 500 cals) for my DDs and then ate normally on UDs I could reap the benefits of my previous plan without feeling depleted all the time.

Anyhoo, I guess I need to try it and see what happens. Just curious if anyone transitioned from HCG/HCG Rogue to JUDDD with success. I know my body is REALLY used to my little plan now for weight loss. Yet, I maintain my losses well as long as I stabilize with LC eating lots more calories.

Here's hoping! Mama wants to wear shorts this summer!
FitMommyNow is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2012, 05:08 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 13,343
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I don't have any experience with HCG, so I'll leave that to the others. We do have several JUDDDers who came from HCG, so I know the transition can be made pretty easily.

KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:50 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member
 
FitMommyNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 779
Gallery: FitMommyNow
Stats: 280/235/160
WOE: No Sugar, No Grains, No Dairy, No Nuts
Thank you!

I'm starting with my first DD tomorrow mainly because I know Easter will need to be an UD.
FitMommyNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:40 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,667
Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMommyNow View Post
Thank you!

I'm starting with my first DD tomorrow mainly because I know Easter will need to be an UD.
Good thinking by planning ahead. And to JUDDD.
Hope you have as much success and enjoyment of the diet that so mnay of us are seeing.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!
 
theredhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 2,560
Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Wow! If you can do that low number of calories for a month at a time without hCG, JUDDD should be a snap for you! I'm really surprised your metabolism didn't come to a screeching halt without the muscle-sparing effect of the hCG.

I really hope you'll join us and start eating full, nutritious meals on your UDs to build yourself back up.

I'm a long-time hCGer/low carber, but after discovering JUDDD, I'll never do another round again. This works so well and is so much more fun!

theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:20 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member
 
FitMommyNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 779
Gallery: FitMommyNow
Stats: 280/235/160
WOE: No Sugar, No Grains, No Dairy, No Nuts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
Wow! If you can do that low number of calories for a month at a time without hCG, JUDDD should be a snap for you! I'm really surprised your metabolism didn't come to a screeching halt without the muscle-sparing effect of the hCG.

I really hope you'll join us and start eating full, nutritious meals on your UDs to build yourself back up.

I'm a long-time hCGer/low carber, but after discovering JUDDD, I'll never do another round again. This works so well and is so much more fun!

Thanks. Just wasn't a believer that there was anything to the drops. I used them and the pellets when I first started. Felt just as depleted on them as off so I saved the money. Not trying to start controversy about not using drops. It worked for me and I know others swear the drops helped them. Still had great results with my higher protein personal version and my metabolism is better than it has been in years, just would rather lose my last 30 in an easier manner and JUDD looks like a better bet!
FitMommyNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 83
Gallery: speds
I did two rounds with HCG - while I had success I couldn't (and didn't stabilize). I just couldn't make myself go back to that kind of life - it's so limiting and there's zero joy in it. The DD on this plan remind me of my HCG days but I know it's just ONE day and the next I won't be so deprived so it's much much more manageable.

The thing is - I'm starting to believe the HCG isn't what's causing people their success - it's the very low calorie diet day after day. Just my opinion - I'm thrilled for people who have great success with HCG but it was untenable for me. It was like torture - I never experienced that magical "loss of hunger" people talk about.
speds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sazzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,142
Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by FitMommyNow View Post
Hi Everyone!

I've been reading the forums a bit and wondered if anyone has had success on JUDDD after doing HCG/HCG like WOE.

I've lost most of my weight eating HCG/HCG-esque. Basically, I didn't do the drops but followed the HCG diet rules of meat/fruit/veggie, two meals a day, for 30 days at a time. I did eat up to 6 oz of lean protein per meal and ate the veggies and fruits I liked (averaged about 750-850 calories a day).
Then I would stabilize the losses with low carb and then did my little plan again. I'd lose around 15-17 pounds in a month doing this. Stabilize for a month or two, then go at it again.

The thing is, the smaller I get, the harder it is on me physically to go a whole month on 750 calories. Very depleting.

My thought is if I did JUDDD and used sort of an HCG day (closer to 500 cals) for my DDs and then ate normally on UDs I could reap the benefits of my previous plan without feeling depleted all the time.

Anyhoo, I guess I need to try it and see what happens. Just curious if anyone transitioned from HCG/HCG Rogue to JUDDD with success. I know my body is REALLY used to my little plan now for weight loss. Yet, I maintain my losses well as long as I stabilize with LC eating lots more calories.

Here's hoping! Mama wants to wear shorts this summer!

Well, I hope Mama can wear those shorts this summer also!!!

You will, I'm sure!!!

I, too am an ex-HCGer, and I don't think I can ever do another round again. As a matter of fact, I KNOW I won't ever do another round again. Why do that when JUDDD allows me to have all the healthy foods and treats on a regular basis.



Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
Wow! If you can do that low number of calories for a month at a time without hCG, JUDDD should be a snap for you! I'm really surprised your metabolism didn't come to a screeching halt without the muscle-sparing effect of the hCG.

I really hope you'll join us and start eating full, nutritious meals on your UDs to build yourself back up.

I'm a long-time hCGer/low carber, but after discovering JUDDD, I'll never do another round again. This works so well and is so much more fun!

Ditto! I'm surprised also that you were able to maintain 500 calories for such a period of time without the benefit of HCG!


Quote:
Originally Posted by speds View Post
I did two rounds with HCG - while I had success I couldn't (and didn't stabilize). I just couldn't make myself go back to that kind of life - it's so limiting and there's zero joy in it. The DD on this plan remind me of my HCG days but I know it's just ONE day and the next I won't be so deprived so it's much much more manageable.

The thing is - I'm starting to believe the HCG isn't what's causing people their success - it's the very low calorie diet day after day. Just my opinion - I'm thrilled for people who have great success with HCG but it was untenable for me. It was like torture - I never experienced that magical "loss of hunger" people talk about.
It is my belief that HCG did, in fact work for fat releasing only.

Maintenance was an entirely different story. I know of no one who has maintained their LDW in P4 for a year!!! They always end up doing another round, and another, and so on!!

I was in my 4th month of P4 when I found JUDDD, and thank goodness I found JUDDD because I was considering doing another round to take off the same 10 lbs. over and over!

I was not willing to eliminate carbs from my diet any longer!! Enter JUDDD and all my food desires were finally satisfied.
__________________
Gracie




Gracie's Journal
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:35 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member
 
FitMommyNow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 779
Gallery: FitMommyNow
Stats: 280/235/160
WOE: No Sugar, No Grains, No Dairy, No Nuts
I am really encouraged that I can use JUDDD for the last 30 pounds! Doing my first DD today. Not eating breakfast except coffee, lunch is a bit of chicken and a clementine, and dinner is another bit of chicken and some salad (no dressing).

Tomorrow, I'll eat normally (not excessively) and I'm going to avoid sugar and wine 80% of the time (except for holidays and special treats).

I can do this!
FitMommyNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:43 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!
 
b_lou_who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: heaviest 200.4
Posts: 1,858
Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
Barbara, you CAN do this! enjoy
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:48 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sunday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Heartland- smack dab in the middle
Posts: 4,997
Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Yes!!! Barbara! I have a feeling you are going to melt away with JUDDD!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:03 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.