Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Extra day - help?? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/765613-extra-day-help.html)

SpaMom 03-30-2012 08:47 PM

Extra day - help??

Newbie here, I just finished my third DD and it was way easier than I expected! :clap:

But now I'm looking forward to next week and planning my menu. (I'm a very committed menu planner, have been for 10 years!)

I'm confused about one point....how do I deal with UD and DD if I want to keep them on the same day of the week? Do I put a MD on Sunday? Will that stall me out before I even get started?

Please take pity on the poor newbie (me!) and help me figure this out - or point me to a thread were you wonderful ladies have already explained it! :jumpjoy:

Thanks in advance! :cool:

Yam-Yam 03-30-2012 08:57 PM

Hi SpaMom!:welcome::hiya: Dr. J recommends that if all possible you stick to the UD/DD rotations for the first two weeks to activate the SIRT1 gene and allow the sirtuin proteins/enzymes to build up in your body.

That said, if you NEED to change your rotation and have a schedule for your UDs and DDs then you may insert a MD (medium day) to make the rotations work out the way you need them to work out.

In that case, you would insert a MD after a DD thus changing the rotation. It might look like this: M-W-F = DDs and Tu-Th-Sun = UDs with Sat. being a MD.

A MD is an in between day. The number you will use for calories is the average of your UD/DD numbers. So, add UD + DD and divide that by 2 to get the MD number.

It is not recommended that you do a DD following a MD because your body will not have enough nourishment from the MD to sustain the DD.

Does this make sense? Or sound crazy! LOL!:hyst: this is all "JUDD-Speak!"

mainemom 03-30-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpaMom (Post 15542547)
Newbie here, I just finished my third DD and it was way easier than I expected! :clap:

But now I'm looking forward to next week and planning my menu. (I'm a very committed menu planner, have been for 10 years!)

I'm confused about one point....how do I deal with UD and DD if I want to keep them on the same day of the week? Do I put a MD on Sunday? Will that stall me out before I even get started?

Please take pity on the poor newbie (me!) and help me figure this out - or point me to a thread were you wonderful ladies have already explained it! :jumpjoy:

Thanks in advance! :cool:

Hi, Spa Mom - I, too, am a committed menu planner and like my UD/DD rotation to be on same days. Here's what I do: I print monthly calendars and plan about 2 wks worth of menus at a time and write on these calendars. I like to do: Sun UD, Mon DD, Tues UD, Wed DD, Thurs UD, Fri MD, Sat DD, etc. I jot these on the calendar, then I plan my menus so that the meals with perhaps more calorie content will fall on my UDs and the leaner meals, or meals I can adjust to be leaner for me, fall on my DDs or MD. That way, I don't always have to prepare a separate dinner for myself on DDs, although I will often make a big batch of cabbage to add to some lean protein. Hope this helps. Whatever you do, have your "MD - medium day" follow a DD, since you don't want a DD to follow a day where you haven't adequately replenished your calories, or you may end up ravishingly hungry and your DD will end up an UD! Also, I think it is important to TRY to be consistent, not randomly stick in MDs. Of course, we all have holidays to plan around or unexpected celebrations. I think JUDDD works because we can make our LIVES work around JUDDD! But in general, I think consistency is key.