Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mom22boys
Stats: 147/124.6/118 5'2"
WOE: Juddd & Low Carb
Start Date: Started Juddd 2/1/12
Letting go and trusting Juddd!!

I have been doing Juddd along with low carb. I have been strictly staying under 20 carbs in ud and 10 carbs on dd.

This week I have been letting go. I am still eating low carb foods, but not counting the carbs. I have had low carb tortillas, peanut butter, nuts and unlimited vegetables. I have even been adding in strawberries and oranges. It sounds silly but I am really enjoying my tomatoes and onions I used to ration!

So I have not gained any weight even though I have been upping the healthy carbs. I think I am finally strong enough to let myself have a piece of whole wheat bread once in a while or some oatmeal for breakfast without going on a 3 day binge!!

I could not have done this without all of the amazing Juddders on this site.

Thank you...Thank you...Thank you!!!!

Last edited by mom22boys; 03-30-2012 at 03:00 PM..
mom22boys is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
mom22boys, this is big stuff.

May the force be with you. One step at a time, but it is magical to lose the fear of carbs.

Bless you.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
mom22boys-- how long have you been JUDDDing? I'm thinking about trying it and staying LC at the same time too.

thanks!
Soren
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mom22boys
Stats: 147/124.6/118 5'2"
WOE: Juddd & Low Carb
Start Date: Started Juddd 2/1/12
I had tried it a bit late last year with carbs and couldn't do it. I went CRAZY un up days. This time I have been dong it for about 2 months and have been successful with the low carb. I am actually enjoying it!!

I just ate a banana!!! I haven't dont that in forever!!!
mom22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #5

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
If you are choosing to make this change and addition to your diet, and if you take it slowly and carefully (unlike so many of us did LOL) you should be pretty safe.

What so many experience when they increase their carbs is the gaining back of that water weight they were so thrilled about losing when they first started low carbing. Has nothing to do with body fat increasing or anything when the water weight comes back, but it torments some folks when they see that on their scale. But if you do this gradually, you may never gain so much at one time that you even notice it happening.

And you know, Dr. Atkins did intend for people to increase the carbs they were eating as they progressed on their journey to goal weight and maintenance.

Enjoy the carb choices you make, and I'll bet you will do just fine. Interestingly enough, I've noticed that many seem to lose weight every bit as well and sometimes even more easily with the addition of some additional carbohydrate in their diet ratios, and another thing... I have sure seen their moods improve sometimes!

Keep posting and let us know how it goes for you. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you to be successful in doing this, but I'll bet that you will be anyway.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:02 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Interestingly enough, I've noticed that many seem to lose weight every bit as well and sometimes even more easily with the addition of some additional carbohydrate in their diet ratios, and another thing... I have sure seen their moods improve sometimes!
This is me. I was scared to allow carbs- afraid of going on a sugar binge because that has derailed me sooooooooo many times! But this time I added carbs in slowly and I haven't had any binges. I had one time where I ate some kettle chips and ended up finishing the bag, but that is not like a binge I have had before.

I feel in control because I know I can have the stuff again the day after my DD. I don't feel in a frenzy to stuff everything in because I am not going to have it again. My relationship with food is healing. And like you said Pat, I see a bit better loss adding carbs back in.That is pure joy to me!!
Old 03-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Yayyyy on getting to enjoy carby foods without fear, M2B!!! I know for me, eating vLC was putting my body into a type of "starvation mode" you might say... it knew it wasn't getting enough of the needed carbohydrate to make it comfortable with dropping its precious fat stores (well, you know - precious only to my body, lol!). But once I started feeding it carbs again along with the fat and protein, it could relax in the abundance of nutrition and let go of the fat. WTG on your wonderful results too!!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: babykinz
WOE: LCishJUDDD
I too still fear the carb feeding frenzie..but I think I am going to need to slowly add something to my UD because I cant consume the amount of calories I need and I think this might actually slow my weightloss. Actually a banana sounds really good right about now
babykinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by babykinz View Post
I too still fear the carb feeding frenzie..but I think I am going to need to slowly add something to my UD because I cant consume the amount of calories I need and I think this might actually slow my weightloss. Actually a banana sounds really good right about now
Yes, fruit and vegetables are a wonderful, nutritious and relatively "safe" way to begin the process of adding carbs back into your diet. Enjoy the banana, baby.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
babykinz: I was doing JUDD the LC way in the beginning and was not losing fast at all. The first time I added in carbs I went waaaaaay over the top and had an UUAAD!! Up and over and away! Then, on my DD the next day, I woke up hungry. Not good. I pulled back and just did protein.

The next time I tried carbs it was carefully selected complex carbs. Lots of non-starchy veggies and a cup of brown basmatti rice. Wow, the rice tasted so good. No super cravings that time and no desire to eat extra.

From there I've continued to eat carbs. I was at DD's house recently and she had a bowl of my favorite Ruffles potato chips out for snacking. I took a hand full (it was an UD), ate them and I was fine. One handful. Me. Really! I did not feel the need to just keep gobbling more of them up.

We had a community pot luck last Sunday. It was an UD. Again I had some potato chips with my meal. Just a serving. But, the unbelievable thing was that for the first time in years I ate cake!!! Cake with cherry pie filling in the middle and cream cheese frosting!! I did not get cravings. The scale did not go up a ridiculous amount the next day. I had no trouble doing a wonderful DD the next day.

What I'm thinking is that after several months of JUDDing the SIRT1 gene has really built up in my body and is doing it's JUDD magic! I think adding in complex carbs first and doing it carefully got my system ready for anything.

I feel like someone just cut the ball and chain of believing I would have to eat low carb forever right off my ankle!!! Wow, I feel light...in so many ways!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:34 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: babykinz
WOE: LCishJUDDD
I ate grapes and 2 Wasa crackers today... if felt like a huge spurge and they tasted soooo goood!

Tomorrow is UD and I'll eat a banana, I cant wait!

I hope this works, I am going to be smart about this and not go overboard , and I know I may gain a few pounds in the next couple days but it feels good.
babykinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:53 PM   #12

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
I ate grapes and 2 Wasa crackers today... if felt like a huge spurge and they tasted soooo goood!

Tomorrow is UD and I'll eat a banana, I cant wait!

I hope this works, I am going to be smart about this and not go overboard , and I know I may gain a few pounds in the next couple days but it feels good.
I don't eat the Wasa crackers, but I do enjoy fruit!

It sounds like you are very calm and sensible and knowledgeable and accepting of the steps in how it works when you start to add more carbs back into your diet.

Good luck to you, and I really expect you are going to so wonderfully on JUDDD!

Enjoy your banana in the morning!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote