Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sorenkkg
Stats: Jan 2014: 266/258.0/160
WOE: JUDDD range: 2200/500
Start Date: LC Jan 2003 restart Jan 2012- JUDDD start 04/2012
Where did you start with JUDDD and how much have you lost?

Hi,
I'm really considering jumping in. I'm going to get the book for my Kindle and read it.

I do love the LC WOE, and I know a lot of people have success with that-- I lost 60lbs the first time around (but not the 2nd, 3rd, etc).

My main question here is:

Has anyone lost 100+ on JUDDD?

I'm asking b/c I see a lot of people whose sigs indicate they lost 20lbs to their goal, or 10lbs... Which is great, I'm not saying a thing about that

But for those of us in the "century" club-- does this work for us?

Thanks!
Soren

Plan to Win, Win when you Plan (re: food)
sorenkkg is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Hi Soren,

I started JUDDD after losing about 13 lbs with Atkins in 6 weeks. When I decided to do JUDDD, I knew I wanted to add carbs back in. I took a weekend off, ate whatever carbs I wanted, then started on a Monday morning with a DD. I gained nearly 3 lbs over that weekend, so I used that Monday morning weigh-in as my JUDDD start weight. I was 267.8 on 12/12/11. Today, I am 228.6. That's 39.2 lbs in a little over 3 1/2 months.

When I first started looking at JUDDD, I asked the exact same question, and got responses from several people, but the two who I remember best were Pat (SoHappy) and Leo41. They have both been with JUDDD for a long time and were absolutely instrumental in making me feel like it was possible for me, with so much to lose, to be successful with this WOE.

Less than a month ago, I was diagnosed hypothyroid and put on medication. I actually had a little slow-down in my weight loss while my body was adjusting, but it seems to be picking back up now. You will read over and over again here that the scale bounces, and boy does she! But if you look at my numbers, you'll see that the trend is downward. That's with "dieting" only half the time, enjoying whatever food choices YOU want to include--carbs, no carbs, limited carbs, wine, no alcohol--that's the beauty. As long as you adhere to your calorie numbers, this plan will work, beautifully, and for just about anyone. Even a 100+ lb overweight hypothyroid like me.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
May 2014: Still maintaining; taking a stab at HDE/IE

Last edited by KeirasMom; 03-30-2012 at 02:39 PM..
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

thank you Dawn! Very encouraging!

Good luck with the hypothyroid... I have some cousins with thyroid issues (Graves with one, hypo but I'm not sure what with another...). I bet feeling "normal" again is a huge relief!

Other folks, please post your experiences-- I need to hear more!
Soren
Old 03-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
No I did not not lose 100 lb plus, I just lost 11 lbs. But this is a miracle too.

I had been doing Atkins for 11 years. My goal was 126 and I had hit it once or twice for a second or two. Throughout this time I was of course growing older.

Just let me say the in July last year I was weighing in again at 138 lbs. I gave up alcohol. I went VLC. I went lower calorie VLC. I dropped to 132.

I went on holiday to Burma. I could not do serious LC there, it is insulting to dismiss good food in countries where people go hungry.

I came back after three weeks just 1 pound lighter. I was amazed. This was due to calorie control, something I had not done seriously for years and years.

In late October I found JUDDD.

Since then I dropped to my goal weight of 126 by Xmas, got through Xmas and New Year and a week at an Alpine resort in January without any serious gain.

I have continued to lose weight beyond my goal and currently I am trying to stay above 120/121 lbs. Yes, the scale bounces, but I know now almost by instinct whether I am doing ok or not.

Looking better, feeling better and eating better than I could have ever imagined.

I love JUDDD

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

Last edited by Kissa; 03-30-2012 at 02:53 PM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KSanderson1967
Stats: 213/205/165
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 3/19/12
Wellll I havent lost 100 on JUDDD but... 100 with gastric bypass.. and have gained 50 back... despite doing things "right"... I blame it on pre-diabetes, thyroid, busier schedule so less exercise.. So despite doing things right (1000 cal per day, exercise 4 days per week) I COULD NOT get the scale to go down... Ive "done" JUDDD ~2 weeks now... and Im down 10 lbs... Do I love DD's ... nahhh not really, but I KNOW I can eat till Im satified the next day and I literally can have my cake and eat it too...

Try it.... what do you have to lose?
K
KSanderson1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Hi Soren It's me, Beverly from the old old days. How are you?

Now I haven't lost 100 on JUDDD, but I WILL!! I lost 20 pounds in the past two months and that is more than I can say I have lost in a long long time. This is the first time I have had hope again. The plan is so easy.

Just jump in and join and you will see the magic too. You don't even need the book. Just read the key threads on here and jump in the water. There isn't all that much to learn. It's a very simplistic plan.

Let's shrink together.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

BEV!!!

How awesome! I thought I'd run into more LCT people here on LCF, but it seems not... though we're on FB (are you on my FB?)...

Ok, yes, back to the task at hand... I did order the book, it's awaiting on my Kindle.

I'm loving these stories of the big losses. My husband is saying this sounds sort of "fad" to him... that's what people say about LC in general though too.

I'm mentally preparing myself, which I believe is recommended... I'm trying to think how this will work when I'm away for work, which seems to be happening a lot lately... Can I stand up and do 8hrs of classroom training on a DD? I'll have to try it and see...

And the 2 week induction-- can you eat real (LC) food, or do you really have to have 500cal of shakes on your DD's, or a mix?
I'm pretty good already at tracking calories, I use *********.com online and on my BB.

I'm getting there folks... the water's looking good, just got to get over the mental shock of jumping in...

Soren
Old 03-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
I dont have 100 to lose but I did have a total of 70 to lose. I am down 20 total between LC and now JUDDD, so 50 more to go!!

Honestly I never really lost a ton of inches with LC but with JUDDD, I have inches falling off like crazy!!! I have a thread in my siggy to show you! And this has all be just 2 weeks of JUDDD for me! I never had these results with atkins even after months and months of non-stop trying!

It may be a slow go at the scale, but this is something I can honestly say I can do for life.......where atkins.........I really couldnt of........ I figure if I can lose 5lbs a month for a year I will be beyond goal!! I am happy with that too!!! Meanwhile eating a bagel with cream cheese every other day......who would of thunk it!!!!!! I am totally lovin this WOE!!!

1st goal 163 puts me at Overweight!
2nd goal 139 puts me at Healthy weight!
3rd goal 125 puts me at Goal!

Long term, realistic goal....no medications!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorenkkg View Post
BEV!!!

How awesome! I thought I'd run into more LCT people here on LCF, but it seems not... though we're on FB (are you on my FB?)...

Ok, yes, back to the task at hand... I did order the book, it's awaiting on my Kindle.

I'm loving these stories of the big losses. My husband is saying this sounds sort of "fad" to him... that's what people say about LC in general though too.

I'm mentally preparing myself, which I believe is recommended... I'm trying to think how this will work when I'm away for work, which seems to be happening a lot lately... Can I stand up and do 8hrs of classroom training on a DD? I'll have to try it and see...

And the 2 week induction-- can you eat real (LC) food, or do you really have to have 500cal of shakes on your DD's, or a mix?
I'm pretty good already at tracking calories, I use *********.com online and on my BB.

I'm getting there folks... the water's looking good, just got to get over the mental shock of jumping in...

Soren
Just wanted to address that question. Nooooooooo!!! You do NOT have to have shakes. Lots of us never did because we prefer to chew our calories. But for some, it's helpful because they don't have to count calories or really think about it. It's up to you. But I found so many filling recipes and I'm an awesome, creative cook. (If I do say so myself ) And, you can get a lot of bang for your buck calorie wise if you choose the right foods.

You don't have to do LC with JUDD. It's all about the UD/DD calories. If you are coming off LC, and then you add in a lot of carbs at once, you may retain some water for a day or two. It's all good. The JUDD rotations will take care of it and you will lose.

Sounds like since you are familiar and comfortable counting calories, you will do GREAT!!! Welcome to the JUDD Budd family! BTW: We are here treading water, waiting to catch you! Splash!!!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
BEV!!!

Soren
Yep, I am on your FB. I just don't get to it very often. Did you look at the calculator yet to see what your calories are for the UD and DD?Remember, some people start at higher calories on their DD's. So I think you could probably do fine doing the 8 hour classroom trainings.I feel full of energy on my DDs. As the weeks go by you will feel really good!

You don't have to drink shakes. The beauty is you can eat what you want! Eat real food. It is such a joy. I tend to eat lower carb, but there are times I don't want to.

This isn't a fad. If DH looks on line, he can see that people have been doing forms of IF for many many years.

Get on that diving board and dive right in. I haven't been so excited about a program for ...well... forever!!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:27 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok, I read the book last night. I'm not happy that he called Atkins a "fallacy" but other than that, it seems pretty normal.
Advocates antioxidants, complex carbs, lean meats, healthy fats, eggs are ok... Just wanted to see for myself what the book was. I got to the menus and recipes and was done.

So, because of some upcoming stuff this week, I figure that today is an UD and Sunday (luckily, a brunch was canceled) is the first DD, and Monday, when we have dinner reservations at our favorite place, will be an UD.
By the end of the week, I have to go to Montreal for Passover, and the 1st night dinner is on Friday-- conviniently, an UD

I'll post this on a getting started thread-- but I want to say THANK YOU to everyone for the support!
Old 03-31-2012, 08:33 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Ok, I read the book last night. I'm not happy that he called Atkins a "fallacy" but other than that, it seems pretty normal.
Advocates antioxidants, complex carbs, lean meats, healthy fats, eggs are ok... Just wanted to see for myself what the book was. I got to the menus and recipes and was done.

So, because of some upcoming stuff this week, I figure that today is an UD and Sunday (luckily, a brunch was canceled) is the first DD, and Monday, when we have dinner reservations at our favorite place, will be an UD.
By the end of the week, I have to go to Montreal for Passover, and the 1st night dinner is on Friday-- conviniently, an UD

I'll post this on a getting started thread-- but I want to say THANK YOU to everyone for the support!
Best wishes my friend. I think you will do great.
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:52 AM   #13
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
When Did YOU Start JUDDD and How Much Have You Lost So Far?
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:58 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Thanks, Beeb, I knew I had all that info on another post somewhere but didn't know where to find it. My story is on there, Soren, if you read through the link Beeb posted.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:59 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
there's a woman named thomasina something on here who did lose over 100 with juddd if I recall correctly, don't know about others
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:15 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
I started JUDDD on March 26th and I've lost 5 pounds so far. I can't believe it! Super amazed and excited for what's right around the corner-ONEderland
melisa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:02 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Melissa82-- your puppy is adorable and your STATS are great!

Thanks for the link Beeb! I will check out that thread... Your stats are great too-- I'm noticing a trend of people on JUDDD going below their target weight. I can't even imagine that for myself
Old 03-31-2012, 04:53 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post
I started JUDDD on March 26th and I've lost 5 pounds so far. I can't believe it! Super amazed and excited for what's right around the corner-ONEderland
WAY TO GO!!

I'm having some great success myself, and yes, it's great!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote