Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Two months on JUDDD

I came to this WOE from low-calorie, where I had basically been maintaining the same weight for 4 months despite doing everything "right".

Once upon a time I was a low-carber, but always felt it was non-sustainable for me because there were so many foods that were off-limits. Fruit, oatmeal, bread and potatoes are some of my favorite foods in the world and the thought of never having them again was depressing. So I migrated to counting calories so that I could have those foods again. And it worked, for a while, until it didn't.

I was adding in more and more strenuous exercise, burning hundreds of calories per day and seeing no movement on the scale. It was depressing. So I decided to stop the insanity of beating my body to death with cardio, and just switch to walking, and thought about maintaining at 200 pounds. At least it wasn't the 300 pounds I started out at.

And then I found JUDDD. I read about it several months ago, and thought, "no way" and put the idea aside. Then I got the book from the library, read it, thought "no way" and put it aside. But the idea had taken hold. Especially the health benefits (I have a DH with cardiovascular disease and a family history of Alzheimer's and I want to keep him as healthy as possible). Plus, it's not like I was getting anywhere doing what I was doing. So I started JUDDD and dropped three or four pounds in the first couple of DDs. I was hooked! And even better, DH was impressed and started JUDDDing with me.

His blood pressure has dropped and the doctor just okayed him getting off some of his meds. He's lost eight pounds by doing strict down days and free days.

I've eaten french fries, fried fish, german chocolate cake, scones, bagels, and still lost weight. I've also eaten a lot of fruit, oatmeal, salmon, tilapia and lots of veggies, so I'm not eating junk all of the time. But my eating is more carefree than it's been in years. This WOE is so easy it almost seems criminal. It seems too good to be true.

And I've lost 15 pounds. And two sizes. I'm in size 14 jeans, a size I haven't seen in 25 or more years, thanks to JUDDD. I appreciate all of you and your encouragement and showing me that it can work. I feel so fortunate. Thanks, JUDDD buds! You all are awesome!

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melisa82
Stats: 5'6" SW 244 CW Too Much GW 160
WOE: LC
Start Date: 3/27/12
So happy you found JUDDD!
melisa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #3

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
So wonderful! You are such an inspiration. One day I hope to have the success you've had. Thank you for sharing.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by melisa82 View Post
So happy you found JUDDD!
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
So wonderful! You are such an inspiration. One day I hope to have the success you've had. Thank you for sharing.
You're well on your way!! You are one of the success stories that encouraged me to jump in, I don't know if I've told you that. But I thought, she's working it, and losing well. If she can do it, I can do it!

You inspire me!
Old 03-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: Oh, ya know..every morning!
Awesome story and congrats on your journey downward!!
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #6

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/144 - 150/155, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Maintenance - 5:2/JUDDD
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 59 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
wow! What a great testimony to the power of JUDDing!!! Wooo-Hoooo! KUTGW!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PixieKGirl
Stats: 163/152/136
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: 3/26/12
Love the success stories!!

Pixie
PixieKGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #9

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Another exciting story here. I'm so glad you are doing wonderfully on this plan.

It's so great to know you can now just go about living your life, and by respecting two calorie numbers, you can eat anything you want from now on, and you will become a slim woman and be able to live the rest of your life in a slim body.

You'll get to buy the cute clothes in the cute sizes. You'll be one of the slender gals in the photos. The husbands of other women will know that your husband gets to put his arms around hotty YOU. Woo Hoo!

And more importantly, your health will continue to improve. You're looking at a future that is pretty nice for you in these areas.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mttemple4
So awesome! You know, I have often thought of asking on this board if anyone came from straight calorie counting and found that doing JUDDD improved their weight loss. I've been counting calories diligently even throughout my low carb attempts and have found my loss slowing.

Would you say that your average between down day and up day is the same as the calorie number you were trying to maintain before? Or lower? (if you don't mind answering) It truly is amazing how well this WOE works.

Very very happy for you!!
mttemple4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #11

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Luna, you are a wonder. Love you lady, thank you for sharing this. So important for the newbies.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #12

Oh, what a wonderful bunch of lovely thoughts and encouragements to come back to after going for my walk! You all are so kind and sweet!! all around!

Joyce, I wanted to particularly respond to you. Yes, I was calorie-counting before coming here, I was eating about 1800 calories per day which the website I was using told me would be a good amount to lose one pound per week. But that weight loss slowed starting back in October. I thought it was a plateau, but after re-calculating calories I learned that that was really maintenance level calories for me (without the exercise). And so that's exactly what I was doing--maintaining. The website was calculating in exercise calories burned and giving me those back to eat, but I've since learned that is a bad idea, because those are estimates and what if you burn less than the estimates? Then you're eating extra calories that are just going onto your thighs, kwim?

My calories from the calculator are 1842 and 368. My average up days are around 1800-2000 and my average down days are 400-500. So that averages out to anywhere between 1100 and 1250 as a daily average. Considerably below what I was doing before, but not onerous to follow because of the cycling. If I had to eat 1100 calories a day day in and day out I'd be one unhappy camper. But this plan I can do.

If there are any other questions I can answer for you, please ask! I'm happy to share what worked and what didn't for me. I've benefitted from the wisdom and experience of others and it's only right for me to help others the way I've been helped, kwim? So ask away!
Old 03-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
You've done a fabulous job, Luna! Just fabulous!! And to hear how your DH's health is improving and how much you're enjoying all your favorite foods while dieting only half the time - it's just Thanks for sharing your story, and I know it's going to be an encouragement for many a JUDDD bud and PRE-JUDDD buds out there who are lurking and thinking of giving it a try! You're an inspiration! KUTGW!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/178.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
such an inspiration thanks for sharing!
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:41 PM   #15
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Stats: 227/175/? 5'8"
Start Date: started JUDDD 3/22/2012
Luna, when you posted on the PG awhile back about your spectacular weight loss, I was so impressed!

Yours was one of the familiar 'faces' I recognized when I first came to this forum to glance around and was one more reason to check this "JUDDD thing" out closer. Your experience is very inspiring!

So happy for you!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellgee
So inspiring Luna!

Thanks so much for sharing your story. You have come such a long way and have much to be proud of!

ellgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mttemple4
Thank you so much, Luna! I appreciate you taking the time to share--very helpful!

I'm finding that there's just something about that focused effort on one day (and being able to loosen up a bit the next) that makes the averages come down in a way that would require Herculean effort if it had to be done each and every day. I'm doing a modified plan (starting DDs at 800 and keeping my UDs to 1800/1900 rather than the 2100 on the calculator) because I found 500 so hard in the past, but it is working a treat already. I'm able to average right around 1300 calories and Lose It has me at 1398 so that in and of itself is amazing to me. I was never able to do 1300 calories for more than a couple days in a row before when I was holding to a traditional calorie-counting plan. LOL!

Thank you again and thanks for sharing your story. Awesome!
Old 03-30-2012, 04:47 PM   #18

You all are going to make my head so big that the scale will be up tomorrow morning.

Really, I feel like I owe it all to you JUDDD Buds--if it wasn't for the encouragement and information I've found here, I wouldn't be here. I only hope I can give back as much support and encouragement and love as I've received--and that's a lot!!

Old 03-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttemple4 View Post
Thank you so much, Luna! I appreciate you taking the time to share--very helpful!

I'm finding that there's just something about that focused effort on one day (and being able to loosen up a bit the next) that makes the averages come down in a way that would require Herculean effort if it had to be done each and every day. I'm doing a modified plan (starting DDs at 800 and keeping my UDs to 1800/1900 rather than the 2100 on the calculator) because I found 500 so hard in the past, but it is working a treat already. I'm able to average right around 1300 calories and Lose It has me at 1398 so that in and of itself is amazing to me. I was never able to do 1300 calories for more than a couple days in a row before when I was holding to a traditional calorie-counting plan. LOL!

Thank you again and thanks for sharing your story. Awesome!
Joyce, if it's working for you, great! But one thing I've learned is that it's not so much the average calorie intake as it is the big swing in calories from one day to the next that is the magic component. So if your losses are not what you'd hoped, consider upping your up day number to the calculated value. Often people lower it, thinking it'll speed up weight loss and find that the opposite happens.

Of course, if you're losing well and are happy, ignore me...
Old 03-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhioGuy
Stats: 6'2'' 370 atkins to 355 then JUDDD
WOE: Good bye LC, Hello Juddd
Start Date: 3/5/2012 atkins intro JUDDD 3/29/12
awesome!
how does your husband eat?
OhioGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #21

DH keeps it pretty low on down days--500-700 calories probably. He doesn't count anywhere near as obsessively as I do--he estimates a lot.

Then, on his up days he pretty much eats what he wants, within reason. He does not count and does not want to (I don't blame him). However, he has realized that calories do matter and that he was eating far too many of them before, even though he was low-carbing.

He's a big guy--6'1", and has a generous calorie number so he can be pretty free.

He low-carbed for about seven years so he's reveling in the freedom that JUDDD offers. He's eating pretty much the same foods I am, which is to say whatever he wants but in reasonable quantities. Neither one of us has done any kind of major carb-fest, but its considerably higher than it was in the old low-carb days. But he makes smarter choices now, choosing yogurt or a dill pickle for a snack instead of a handful of nuts, for example.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

yeah same here
im 6'2
and the calories are like 4500!!
i dont want to count either so im tryyyyyying to keep to zero and then be smart on uds and see what happens
Old 03-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #23

Don't cut them too low!

Have you read the "You gotta eat" thread? I would think with a number like 4500 you wouldn't have to count too much, but you might need to at first in order to understand how much you should be eating. Because with numbers like that and zero down days you should be eating up to that number if you can. Have a big mac.

Look at me giving advice. I'm no expert. I just want you to be successful! I'll shut up now and if I've overstepped my bounds I apologize.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

no, everyone has been helping and been great. sometimes i wonder how all tha food can only be 2800 calories!! then i remember how i use to pound milkshakes that were probably good for 1000 calories themselves. that could blow a week worth ofwork lol
Old 03-30-2012, 05:36 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: fixin
Stats: 5 ft 9 140/128/130
WOE: cycling carbs and calories (JUDD Enthusiast)
Awesome story. I love hearing about your husband too. My husband is loose Judding, just three days a week and boy is it working for him. All his up days are free but he usually stays pretty low carb but nuts, creamy stevia sweetened deserts and red meat galore. I secretly counted one of his up days and it was well above 4000.
fixin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:37 PM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/150/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
DH keeps it pretty low on down days--500-700 calories probably. He doesn't count anywhere near as obsessively as I do--he estimates a lot.

Then, on his up days he pretty much eats what he wants, within reason. He does not count and does not want to (I don't blame him). However, he has realized that calories do matter and that he was eating far too many of them before, even though he was low-carbing.

He's a big guy--6'1", and has a generous calorie number so he can be pretty free.

He low-carbed for about seven years so he's reveling in the freedom that JUDDD offers. He's eating pretty much the same foods I am, which is to say whatever he wants but in reasonable quantities. Neither one of us has done any kind of major carb-fest, but its considerably higher than it was in the old low-carb days. But he makes smarter choices now, choosing yogurt or a dill pickle for a snack instead of a handful of nuts, for example.
Your DH and mine sound so much alike! He isn't interested in tracking every calorie, just keeps an eye on them loosely. He low carbed and lost the bulk of his weight years ago and this is helping him maintain easily and enjoyably. The only real difference I see between us is that we have both had all-out carb fests recently, but we're both in maintenance. Having your hubby do this with you is the best kind of support, isn't it? Ya'll are doing great!
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Luna Loca, Loved reading your story and am so happy for you. You seem like the sweetest heart and so deserve your success. Happy for your DH as well. How great it must be to encourage one another!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote