Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!
 
becky123abc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,909
Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/165/160 5'5"
Yay! I think it's working for me too!

this is my 7th UD.... This is the first day I've Felt appetite reduction... And a really good energy level!

I hope this a sign of the magic starting to kick in!

I've had about 300 calories today... We are having company tonight for supper...I am still a little unsure about carbs and all...but I definitely feel better about things than I did last week!

becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Luna Loca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Austin
Posts: 11,231
Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Yay!

Great to read threads like this! I'm so glad you're feeling good and succeeding on this woe.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 15,139
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Awesome!!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,888
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'm so happy to hear this is feeling like a good day for you, Becky. It does sometimes take a little while for JUDDD to *get to working* and then it's very nice.

It sounds like it's all beginning to kick in for you now. Hope you are doing well and will be very, very successful here with us!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Becky: This is great news and I think you are right about the sirtuins beginning to kick in. YAY!!!

I just posted something to you on my crockpot oatmeal thread. Hope that's ok!! I remembered you saying several times about having a big appetite and was thinking of you while reading Hofmekler's book.

How are the DDs going?
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #6
Major LCF Poster!
 
mykidsteacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,184
Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Yay! So glad to read this. Enjoy your dinner!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!
 
becky123abc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,909
Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/165/160 5'5"
Yam, I can't say I enjoy the DD's more...but I can say they are easier! I like cauliflower and brocolli...I cook them and spray no calarie butter spray ...salt & pepper...that's very satisfying to me. I also have a Kroger's Carbmaster yogurt...

I haven't settled into a favorite UD routine yet. Wednesday I came home and binged like you wouldn't believe. I was so disgusted with myself. It was a very UP - UD!! The scales showed me the results the next day.

I am reading Brain over Binge...hoping that will help me. Today is an UD and I feel really good...

I read The ALternate Day diet book..."Monotony in flavor is helpful in reducing how much you eat"..."I would suggest that you find 5 recipes of the low-calorie-density food that you enjoy and can eat over and over" (p.25)

That resonates with me...I like "old faithful meals" that work for me...I haven't found my favorites for UD's...but I will.

Thanks everyone for your support and encouraging replies!

I'm off to read your oatmeal thread post!!

Last edited by becky123abc; 03-30-2012 at 02:31 PM..
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
WTG, Becky! It's that old JUDDD magic building up. Most of us still experience the occasional "eat down the house" DDs but that seems to be mostly related to hormones or extra-high carb consumption on UDs, among a few other causes. (I just wanted to throw that in in case you ever experience the hungries again on DD and dismay that something is wrong with you... it's not!) But no fears! You're doing great and you can expect great things!!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:15 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
Yam, I can't say I enjoy the DD's more...but I can say they are easier! I like cauliflower and brocolli...I cook them and spray no calarie butter spray ...salt & pepper...that's very satisfying to me. I also have a Kroger's Carbmaster yogurt...

I haven't settled into a favorite UD routine yet. Wednesday I came home and binged like you wouldn't believe. I was so disgusted with myself. It was a very UP - UD!! The scales showed me the results the next day.

I am reading Brain over Binge...hoping that will help me. Today is an UD and I feel really good...

I read The ALternate Day diet book..."Monotony in flavor is helpful in reducing how much you eat"..."I would suggest that you find 5 recipes of the low-calorie-density food that you enjoy and can eat over and over" (p.25)

That resonates with me...I like "old faithful meals" that work for me...I haven't found my favorites for UD's...but I will.

Thanks everyone for your support and encouraging replies!

I'm off to read your oatmeal thread post!!
And wanted to add, thanks for posting that above quote from the book! That's very helpful and I've found it to be true as well. I've settled into some old favorites, the "go-to" foods on DD and it's nice to have those in place. You'll eventually come across yours as well, which will make things even easier.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:08 PM   #10
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Sheridan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Aggieland
Posts: 6,370
Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
this is my 7th UD.... This is the first day I've Felt appetite reduction... And a really good energy level!

I hope this a sign of the magic starting to kick in!

I've had about 300 calories today... We are having company tonight for supper...I am still a little unsure about carbs and all...but I definitely feel better about things than I did last week!

Ooooh, what a feeling! Very happy for you!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
buttoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 4,284
Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
That's GREAT Becky! I hope I experience it soon. I'm only on my 3rd up day tomorrow and I've not experienced appetite reduction yet. Hope that's just around the coroner for me, too.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!
 
krow134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 1,504
Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Yeah love the JUDDD magic!!!!!!!!!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!
 
Yam-Yam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 5,338
Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by buttoni View Post
That's GREAT Becky! I hope I experience it soon. I'm only on my 3rd up day tomorrow and I've not experienced appetite reduction yet. Hope that's just around the coroner for me, too.
It IS!!! Hang in there!!!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:09 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.