Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Sooooo loving my crockpot oatmeal!

OMGosh! I came here one day and ask how to make steel cut oats in a crockpot.

I got some yummy recipes and now I'm hooked. I made a huge crockpot full at the beginning of each week and refrigerate it in a zip lock gallon sized bag and DH and I eat it every day. On UDs I eat it with HWC out of a can squirted on and Davinci syrup stirred in!

It's so good I can't believe it and I've been experimenting all over the place with what I can put together.

Actually, today is a DD and DH polished off the last little bit of what I made Sunday night so I'm making a pot full right now.

Today I used 1 cup steel cut oats, 1 cup Stone Burr 7 grain cereal, 1/4 cup Skinny B cereal, 1/8 cup ground flax seeds and 1/4 cup oat bran.

I chopped up two fuigi apples, added 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon, 1tsp ground cloves .5 tsp ground nutmeg and 1.8 tsp ground ginger.

I use about twice as much water as dry ingredients. maybe a bit more. Just follow the directions on the packages.

Next time I might try adding some oat groats! I just got those in the mail with my first Netrition order and have not used any yet. but, I can't wait!

I'm trying all kinds of new things since I've been doing JUDD!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/165/160 5'5"
Ooooooooooh.....that sounds yummy! Are you satisfied after one portion/serving? Is it a good sized portion? I'm hoping I can learn moderate portions and to be satisfied! Your recipe sounds really. Good!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Becky!!!!! Oh yes, I have these pottery type soup bowls that are like big mugs with a handle. I fill it almost full with my oatmeal/apple cinnamon mix and then put it in the microwave.

Then I stir a bit of sugar free pancake syrup in it and squirt the HWC on. It's sooooooooooo filling.

The way I'm making it, it has so much fiber in it that it just cleans you out if you know what I mean and probably not a lot of it stays around in your body. I also was Googling the other day to find out what kinds of foods act as a natural diuretic because I had a salty UD.

Was really happy to find out oatmeal is a diuretic!! Not surprised, though, because shortly after I eat it I pee like Niagra Falls!!!

Becky, stick around and come back to this post in a few minutes. I read something I want to share with you from a book I'm reading.

So, I'll type that paragraph here in this thread.

I think it might be helpful to others as well.

Gotta go drain out all this water I've been drinking! Then I'll BRB.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Becky: Wow! Just picked up my book again and wish you could read about 5 pages of it! This is "The Warrior Diet" which is one form of Intermittent Fasting and he talks a lot about people with insatiable appetites, why it's very normal and healthy and how to incorporate it into IF (JUDD too) and it's benefits.

Here is one of the paragraphs, but if you can get a copy of the book, be sure and read everything from page 46 starting with "The science behind overeating" through page 53:

How to Instinctively Stop Eating

If you're one of those who has a large appetite and doesn't instinctively know when to stop eating, here''s what you should do: once you reach the point that you feel significantly more thirsty than hungry, that's when you should start drinking and consider stopping eating. (he means temporarily). I'm probably the first one to tell you that the time to stop eating is not when you count your calories and say, "If I eat more I'm going to gain weight." And it's not because somebody told you to count the macro and micro nutrition. Stay away from all this guilt!. You can eat unlimited amounts from all the groups discussed. But when your body tells you that it's more thirsty than hungry (and it will tell you more and more as you practice the Warrior Diet), (and, I'm adding in here the JUDD woe or any IF plan), this is the time to stop. Take a break and drink a glass of water or a cup of tea. If after 15 or 20 minutes you still feel hungry, you can eat again. You probably won't be, but if you still are, go ahead and eat again. No other diet will give you this freedom. ***

He says if you know how to use your instinct to overeat in the correct way, it can work for you instead of against you.

He also recommends training yourself to drink a lot of water on a daily basis because it will help your body to learn when it needs more food and when it needs water.

I thought about all this recently. DH and I went out to dinner on an UD. I had eaten sour dough bread dipped in oil, a big salad, a huge piece of wild grilled salmon with orange sauce, a side of whole grain rice and a side of steamed veggies. All of a sudden I realized I was getting really thirsty. I had been sipping my water and some red wine. But I stopped and glugged down the rest of my water and had the waiter bring another glass and then another because I was truly thirsty!

DH and I ordered some decaff coffee and just relaxed for about 15 minutes. Then we ordered pie!!!

What a lovely, freeing, no guilt feeling to have an awesome meal and feel so satiated afterwards!

"The Warrior Diet" is by Ori Hofmekler and if you like information that backs up why IF is so healthy and why our primal instincts cause us to thrive when we do Intermittent Fasting, like JUDD, then you should read it!!
Old 03-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 210/165/160 5'5"
I will order that book. I have heard of it before...it does sound like something I can benefit from!!

Thank you Yam for taking the time to type that paragraph out...that's very helpful!!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky123abc View Post
I will order that book. I have heard of it before...it does sound like something I can benefit from!!

Thank you Yam for taking the time to type that paragraph out...that's very helpful!!
You are welcome, my good friend! Sounds like you are starting to hit your stride with the JUDDing from what I read on the thread you posted.

Have you read much of Dr. J's book yet? Do you find it motivating?
Old 03-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
I have all of Ori's books on my kindle. They are wonderful!!! I actually did the warrior diet for a little while and ended up coming back to JUDDD. I didnt like knowing i couldnt eat much during the day. There are times i want to have a big breakfast or lunch so JUDDD works better but there is tons of wonderful info in his books. They are very scientific and i really enjoy that. I learned a lot.
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeshelly01 View Post
I have all of Ori's books on my kindle. They are wonderful!!! I actually did the warrior diet for a little while and ended up coming back to JUDDD. I didnt like knowing i couldnt eat much during the day. There are times i want to have a big breakfast or lunch so JUDDD works better but there is tons of wonderful info in his books. They are very scientific and i really enjoy that. I learned a lot.

I feel exactly like you, Shelly!! I bought the book because the reviews on amazon.com were outstanding and most people said there was a lot of info in his book about why IF works.

I never considered doing it because I like the freedom on UDs to eat whenever it's convenient or fun. I get to do a lot of fun luncheons and don't want to miss out on those if I don't have to.

What I love about JUDD is that we don't have to do the same exact thing every day. There is so much freedom!