Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cuttie99
Stats: 5'2 171
WOE: post hcg, lost 60lbs
Start Date: Juddd 4/30, restarted 11/30
do you do CD's on JUDDD if you overindulge on carbs?

Hello everyone, I am new to Juddd and am researching inform. I am trying to understand something. I have done hcg and now would like to go to juddd for wt loss then maintenance. I understand the 500/ 2000 cal rotation example. I usually follow paleo eating. What happens if I over indulge on carbs and sugar for a party and the next day I am 4 lbs up while doing the Juddd?

Do I do correction days on my dd/up days or just continue eating paleo style on my dd/ud and the wt will come off that way naturally. I really hate doing Correction days... Thanks!! So excited to learn more about Juddd.
cuttie99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttie99 View Post
Hello everyone, I am new to Juddd and am researching inform. I am trying to understand something. I have done hcg and now would like to go to juddd for wt loss then maintenance. I understand the 500/ 2000 cal rotation example. I usually follow paleo eating. What happens if I over indulge on carbs and sugar for a party and the next day I am 4 lbs up while doing the Juddd?

Do I do correction days on my dd/up days or just continue eating paleo style on my dd/ud and the wt will come off that way naturally. I really hate doing Correction days... Thanks!! So excited to learn more about Juddd.
Hi Cuttie I don't really know anything about HcG or correction days, but on JUDDD you would just keep going with the rotation of UD/DD and things will correct themselves. You can eat Paleo or however you want, or even mix up styles of eating if you want to on JUDDD. It's up to you. But the UD/DD rotation will take care of things. There will be bounces up and down on JUDDD, but overall the weight goes down.

Looking forward to you joining us!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:19 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
JUDDD doesn't have anything called correction days. Just UD and DD. I would suggest going to the calculator and find out your numbers . 500/2000 isn't everyone's numbers. It depends on weight, age, exercise, height and what percent of UD's that you want your DD's to be.
UpDayDownDay Diet™ Plan ? How to Succeed
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heatherwagnon
Stats: 156.6/124.2/125
WOE: HCG rx/JUDDD/LC
Start Date: R1 10/10 R2 1/12
Quote:

I do follow p3 protocol while on JUDDD and haven't had to do a CD...until a bad DD put me 2 above my LIW, so today (was supposed to be an UD) I have to do a steak day, so yea I still follow the hcg "rules" while JUDDDing. HTH
heatherwagnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:36 AM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
JUDDD doesn't have anything called correction days. Just UD and DD. I would suggest going to the calculator and find out your numbers . 500/2000 isn't everyone's numbers. It depends on weight, age, exercise, height and what percent of UD's that you want your DD's to be.
UpDayDownDay Diet™ Plan ? How to Succeed
and great suggestions!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
IMHO and experience it's really not unusual to have a 4 pound up bounce on the scale every now and then on JUDD. Some people only weigh in after a DD so they don't have to see stuff like that! There are a lot of factors that can contribute to the up bounce, but I'll tell you right now it's not fat. It's usually your body hanging on to some water and glycogen for a number of reasons.

If you have not been eating many carbs and then have a lot all in one day, your body will take it's time sucking out all the nutrients and during that time there is fluid retention.

Salty foods naturally cause it. Lack of sleep or not drinking enough water can cause fluid retention as can hormonal fluctuations. Constipation can also cause it as well as the ingredients filling up the intestines can cause weight gain. If you eat late at night, the contents may still be in your stomach the next morning and that will show up on the scale.

I'm another who does not know anything about HCG or correction days. Would love it if you could explain what a correction day is?? Inquiring minds, like mine, love to learn new things.

I did the Dukan diet from August until December when I found JUDD and switched over. I think I would consider Pure Protein for a day a "correction day" on Dukan. Although he does not call it that.

But, if I have a lot of carbs and I find my food cravings seem to increase because of it (happens less and less as JUDD time ticks away BTW) I pull back on the carbs and just eat lean meat and fat free dairy for one day. Or I'll eat lean protein and green, non-starchy veggies for a day. Any bounce up on the scale goes down after a good DD or a protein day.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)

Last edited by Yam-Yam; 03-30-2012 at 10:51 AM..
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: heatherwagnon
Stats: 156.6/124.2/125
WOE: HCG rx/JUDDD/LC
Start Date: R1 10/10 R2 1/12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
IMHO and experience it's really not unusual to have a 4 pound up bounce on the scale every now and then on JUDD. Some people only weigh in after a DD so they don't have to see stuff like that! There are a lot of factors that can contribute to the up bounce, but I'll tell you right now it's not fat. It's usually your body hanging on to some water and glycogen for a number of reasons.

If you have not been eating many carbs and then have a lot all in one day, your body will take it's time sucking out all the nutrients and during that time there is fluid retention.

Salty foods naturally cause it. Lack of sleep or not drinking enough water can cause fluid retention as can hormonal fluctuations.

I'm another who does not know anything about HCG or correction days. Would love it if you could explain what a correction day is?? Inquiring minds, like mine, love to learn new things.

I did the Dukan diet from August until December when I found JUDD and switched over. I think I would consider Pure Protein for a day a "correction day" on Dukan. Although he does not call it that.

But, if I have a lot of carbs and I find my food cravings seem to increase because of it (happens less and less as JUDD time ticks away BTW) I pull back on the carbs and just eat lean meat and fat free dairy for one day. Or I'll eat lean protein and green, non-starchy veggies for a day. Any bounce up on the scale goes down after a good DD or a protein day.
after your hcg round is over and you're in p3 or p4 (phases of the diet) and you go 2lbs over your LIW (last injection weight) you are to do a CD immediately. Book says a steak and an apple or tomato as your meal for the day, usually dropping you back down to LIW. There are now all sorts of CD's but basically thats kinda the jist of the only one he recommends. hope that made sense so basically for "me" (dislclaimer) doing JUDDD I'm LC (no sugars/starches on hcg p3 adding in those in p4...I don't add it back in) and also in p4 so I do only weigh after my DD but after every DD and if I go 2 lbs above I do a steak day (or another CD) for my UD followed by my normal DD...like today On yesterday's DD I had a run in with vodka, leading to a pizza hot pocket and some chips so today is a CD day.
heatherwagnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:14 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I strongly suspect that you are reaching for an unusual and truly opposing pair of eating plans. I think if you try to combine them, you will diminish the strength and power of both of them to work for you and to your benefit.

As mentioned above, JUDDD doesn't have *correction* days. In a way, it is sort of self-correcting. Many of us do have great fluctuations on the scale from eating this way. It is to be expected when your intestinal tract is full and then almost empty, and then full again and empty again. And as the normal fluid-fill of our tissues and organs fills and ebbs, fills and ebbs. Seeing the scale numbers bouncing is normal for JUDDD.

What doesn't work on JUDDD is doing anything that interferes with the Up/Down/Up/Down cycling of our calories. That is one of the things that gives this way of eating its ability to help us lose weight, or maintain easily while eating the foods that we choose, at the same time it helps and sometimes heals broken levels of function in us and usually revs up our metabolisms some too.

I will add this though... Any of the foods you consider *correction* foods can be eaten on JUDDD, so if you eat them up to the UD calories or down to the DD calories on your Up and Down days, feel free. JUDDD doesn't care what foods you choose to eat. JUDDD only requires that you respect your calorie ceiling numbers and adhere to them for the most part. Very few people do better eating lower on their UDs that they do eating at their UD numbers.

I wish you great success here! It looks like you've done a wonderful job with your weight loss! I think you're going to do a great job with your maintenance too.

Last edited by SoHappy; 03-30-2012 at 11:15 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherwagnon View Post
after your hcg round is over and you're in p3 or p4 (phases of the diet) and you go 2lbs over your LIW (last injection weight) you are to do a CD immediately. Book says a steak and an apple or tomato as your meal for the day, usually dropping you back down to LIW. There are now all sorts of CD's but basically thats kinda the jist of the only one he recommends. hope that made sense so basically for "me" (dislclaimer) doing JUDDD I'm LC (no sugars/starches on hcg p3 adding in those in p4...I don't add it back in) and also in p4 so I do only weigh after my DD but after every DD and if I go 2 lbs above I do a steak day (or another CD) for my UD followed by my normal DD...like today On yesterday's DD I had a run in with vodka, leading to a pizza hot pocket and some chips so today is a CD day.

Love the description of your DD "run in" ! Thanks for the great explanation and I could see how that would really work.

You basically turned your DD into an UD and then your UD into a DD and ate steak and tomato for your DD, right?

It makes perfect sense to me. Isn't it great to have a fall back plan for when we "mess up??"

On VLC if I messed up, I beat myself up, felt guilty, didn't know how to make things right and usually fell off the wagon!!

With JUDD and also with learning what I have about "vital foods" meaning lean protein including fat free dairy and their fat flushing, diuretic, appetite suppression qualities, I now have a back up plan and I love that I can now call it a CD. So cool! Thanks!
Old 03-30-2012, 11:32 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
and good answer from Pat-SoHappy.

yes you could do a steak up or down day as long as you stick with those calorie numbers for your day, but that is not what intermittent fasting is all about.
a down day could be 500cal of steak and a tomato with no other eating, but it wouldn't be a big fatty steak like a correction day. you will find intermittent fasting adjusts with you, and a good protein focused day after a carby day would probably feel really good.

my up days are always at 75g (min) protein so that I get half a gram per pound of approximate target body weight to spare my muscle.
my down days are half of that generally and the rest takes care of itself because 500cal (or whatever your % level is) just isn't that much food.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:33 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Also just noticed you are pretty much in maintenance, right? From reading other JUDD maintainer's posts, it sounds like you have a lot of flexibility w/ FDs, MUDDing or just doing whatever works for you.

You are doing great! KUTGW!!
Old 03-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Thank you all for your replies. I was on hcg and lost 60 lbs in about 1 yr. Now I am in maintenance but wouldn't mind losing more wt. now I am looking forward to Juddd. On the hcg protocol we are suppose to follow mostly paleo style eating to maintain the wt loss. some of us can tolerate a few carbs or more... The problem occurs when I follow the paleo style eating then go to a party and over indulge. This only happens once in a while. The next day I gain about 4-5 lbs depending how wild things got. it depends on carbs, sugar and sodium content of the foods I ate. we then have to eat high protein days or fat days to drop the wt called "CD days". example are "eat 12 eggs in 1 day, skip breakfast and lunch and have large salmon with asparagus., or steak day. until we are back to our original wt.

So I guess if I am following juddd, and I indulge one day the next day I should do a CD day based on the juddd rules on calorie amount. either a DD or UD. Release the water wt I gain.... then I assume my body will cont either maintaining or losing wt depending on what phase I am at. Did I get this right?
Old 03-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #13
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Thank you all for your replies. I was on hcg and lost 60 lbs in about 1 yr. Now I am in maintenance but wouldn't mind losing more wt. now I am looking forward to Juddd. On the hcg protocol we are suppose to follow mostly paleo style eating to maintain the wt loss. some of us can tolerate a few carbs or more... The problem occurs when I follow the paleo style eating then go to a party and over indulge. This only happens once in a while. The next day I gain about 4-5 lbs depending how wild things got. it depends on carbs, sugar and sodium content of the foods I ate. we then have to eat high protein days or fat days to drop the wt called "CD days". example are "eat 12 eggs in 1 day, skip breakfast and lunch and have large salmon with asparagus., or steak day. until we are back to our original wt.

So I guess if I am following juddd, and I indulge one day the next day I should do a CD day based on the juddd rules on calorie amount. either a DD or UD. Release the water wt I gain.... then I assume my body will cont either maintaining or losing wt depending on what phase I am at. Did I get this right?
I think you could combine your two diet concepts in that manner. You go to a party on your Up Day. You eat, drink, and are merry... up to the ceiling of your UD calorie number (and you wouldn't exceed that, would you? ) and then the next morning you find you are up on the scale more than your allowed two-pound bounce.

So it is now a JUDDD Down Day, and you also need to do a hcg correction. That correction could consist of any corrections foods you choose, up to your DD number. (Most of us actually hold to about that starting 500 calorie level.)

Or... the weight gain, for some reason, doesn't show up until two days later.. on your next Up Day, and then you see you are up by more than you are allowed. So you could eat your correction foods up to the calories you are supposed to stick to for your UDs. But doing a whole UD worth of calories just on your correction foods is sure going to be a lot of correction food in one day! Isn't that boring? LOL

But it could work that way. JUDDD doesn't care what foods you choose to eat on any of your days, only that you do your calorie numbers. (Pretty close...) For most of us, that just seems to make it work the best.

Last edited by SoHappy; 03-30-2012 at 12:24 PM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

How do people alternate there days? can you do Tues thurs sat AND sun as up days? Or do you have to split up the weekend with 1 up and 1 dd. I also heard that there is a MD? I heard its double the dd and you would do it if you had to move your ud? then how do you get back on track? Thank you soo much. I am very excited about starting this diet!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 01:21 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Actually a MD is (DD+UD) / 2 (or the average of your UD and DD). Most find it best to do DD/MD/UD to change the rotation. However, in maintenance, you have more freedom, and many are able to simply do 2 UD's, then do MWF dd's with TTH UD's, and not have it affect our weight. (JUDDD Maintenance is amazing).

I think the cd concept has been well touched on, my only concern with today is, was yesterday's goof all the way up to your UD cals? Because if you only got to MD cals, and are now doing DD cals, that's not really that great. Especially if you plan another DD tomorrow.

The beauty of JUDDD is that you stress your body with the DD but before your body can get used to that level of calories, you relieve the stress with an UD. Too many low calorie days in a row can lead to a slowing of metabolism and weight loss stall or even gain.

So if yesterday turned into a MD, go ahead and have an UD today (and by all means use your correction foods if you wish), using up all the calories you are allowed, and have a good DD tomorrow.

Of course, if yesterday went all the way to your UD cals, then today should be a DD, with tomorrow an UD.

I follow paleo too for the most part. Went off plan for vacation a couple weeks ago, and was shocked to find myself 1 pound less when I got home than when I left. The sirt-1 enzymes that kick in from JUDDD help us to manage those 'off plan' times much better than we might have been able to in the past. Which is why it's important in the first 2-4 weeks to follow those DD/UD rotations as prescribed. You need it to get the enzymes flowing, even if you are at goal (imo). Once that happens, you can start playing with rotations, upping DD or UD cals (especially if you continue to lose and don't want to), and such.

HTH!

Last edited by mykidsteacher; 03-30-2012 at 01:22 PM..
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:23 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Since you are pretty much in maintenance and only want to possibly lose a few more pounds, you certainly could throw in a MD (medium day).

The correct way to do it is in this sequence: DD/MD/UD. Think small/medium/large.

However, many maintainers can be more flexible.

Some do something like M-W-F as DDs. Then Saturday is a MD and Sunday would be an UD.

The medium day is actually the average of your DD/UD numbers. So, you add those 2 together and then divide the totall by 2.

Say for instance my DD is 400 and my UD is 1900 (which is about exactly what I'm aiming for myself). Add my 2 numbers 400+1900=2300 divided by 2 =1150. So I would eat 1150 on a medium day. Make sense?
Old 03-30-2012, 01:37 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
I do do a "CD" after a carbfest. I have a DD that is pure FF protein and no carbs and I workout. I hate when I have a carb blow out--and it happens sometimes. I feel my method helps me out when I've erred, and my desire is to not overindulge on sweets in the long run. It is a process and not an event, thats for sure.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote