Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   So many joining! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/765492-so-many-joining.html)

fixin 03-30-2012 07:40 AM

So many joining!

I've been lurking for some time but only posting for a couple of weeks. It seems there is a huge influx of new Judders. Everyday I read here of first downdays and questions about getting started.

To the vets here - is this typical or is the natural success of this way of eating resulting in a recent, growing mass of followers?

heyjupiter 03-30-2012 07:52 AM

I think Pat is working overtime on recruiting! Lol

(I'm a JUDDD newbie, this is my third UD.)

Mimosa23 03-30-2012 07:56 AM

I had disappeared completely from LCF for a while, I was in a state of bliss because I'm happy with BF, but in denial due to my weightgain. A couple of days ago I decided enough was enough and discovered many people on the UK challenge had gone over to the 'dark side' and had started JUDDD whilst I was away being in love... It peaked my interest and I decided to also come to the 'dark side' and enjoy being in control of my eating for ever! Been reading here like crazy and cannot get enough of all the positivity and encouragement and successes here!

fixin 03-30-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mimosa23 (Post 15540315)
I had disappeared completely from LCF for a while, I was in a state of bliss because I'm happy with BF, but in denial due to my weightgain. A couple of days ago I decided enough was enough and discovered many people on the UK challenge had gone over to the 'dark side' and had started JUDDD whilst I was away being in love... It peaked my interest and I decided to also come to the 'dark side' and enjoy being in control of my eating for ever! Been reading here like crazy and cannot get enough of all the positivity and encouragement and successes here!

Good to have you here. I think you have touched on one of the big attractions - the positivity here. I mean the book has been out for a good while , but I think this forum with all it's encouragement and practical ideas is the true key to inspiring people that Judd principles can work.

stargazer 03-30-2012 08:45 AM

It's why I joined. You are all such a lovely and happy bunch. Is it the effect of the diet? Some say it makes you a bit euphoric. Maybe it's auto suggestion but I'd swear I'm thinking clearer this week.

I expect your Google searches have kicked in. If you look for JUDDD now this site comes up around third on the list.

sungoddess 03-30-2012 09:01 AM

Welcome to all the new people coming to JUDDD. When you read one success after another on these threads, how can you do anything but join in? :)

Beeb 03-30-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sungoddess (Post 15540515)
Welcome to all the new people coming to JUDDD. When you read one success after another on these threads, how can you do anything but join in? :)

DITTO!! :goodpost:

Kissa 03-30-2012 09:11 AM

Absolutely. And on a site like this it works by word of mouth, people report on their other threads that they are trying Juddd, that they are losing, that they enjoy the support here, and it snowballs.

We are lucky to have so many followers. And I am often euphoric as I see my new silhouette.

SoHappy 03-30-2012 09:11 AM

The number here absolutely IS just growing and growing. I remember when I was quite lonely here. You could practically hear echos! :laugh:

The main reason (I think) for the growth of this forum and followers is the success most have with the plan, and then their growing understanding of the health benefits they are being blessed with as they continue adhering to JUDDD.

Combine the ability of this plan to actually bring about healing and much *normalizing* within our bodies, even to the point of happier mental health and a sunnier disposition, and then add in the freedom to follow whatever food plan you want to combine with this JUDDD way of cycling the calories in that food, and you have a great many reasons for gladness.

And that translates to a whole bunch of people who are ready to support and encourage and applaud the successes of the newbies who come to join us.

It is indeed developing into a very pleasant gathering of nice folks here, isn't it. :friends:

InTheLight 03-30-2012 09:17 AM

For me, a lot of it has to do with the friendliness of everyone here (I have not heard one negative word, thought, nothing like that, and that's the kind of folk I like to hang around with!!) Also, just to be able to sit down with family, friends, coworkers, and to enjoy potatoes, bread, dessert, things you could never do with LC, it just makes you real happy and giddy, yipper!!!!!! :cool: :D :up: :D :clap: :kicking:

Yam-Yam 03-30-2012 09:17 AM

I have always posted on the Stillman forum and then last year I found one for Dukan and started posting there. One day I saw JUDD and wondered, "what the heck is JUDD??":dunno:

I started reading on the JUDD forum and could not stop! I had never even heard of IF at all and you are all right. The positive vibes and support and successes made me want to be a part of it.

Now when I mention it on the other forums, people ask questions and some have followed me here.

The reason we have lots of new people is that JUDD is contagious!!:hyst::hyst: Way more fun than catching a cold, though!:hyst::hyst:

fixin 03-30-2012 09:28 AM

So it used to be lonely in here... Wow, what a 360 then.

Yes, success combined with genuine support and enthusiasm seems to be the reason for the rapid influx.

Now the challenge will be to keep that personal encouragement and support for folk here even with the fast growing numbers. I hope that can remain somehow, it might be more challenging keeping up. We'll all chip in to help I'm sure.

Mariacj 03-30-2012 09:37 AM

People thrive under positivity. While LC I was stuck for two months and n matter how many net carbs I was eating the scale would not budge.

I followed pat over and ouiz, after ordering gluc powder. I wanted a thicker for my faux cream of wheat that I missed and the BAM juddd made an appearance in my life.

This forum is my new family and although many will fail on some days, Juddd is very forgiving and this forum will remind you of that.

Juddd is a mental, emotional, and physical healing tool. I no longer use food to punish myself or my family. These are the type of things people look for in a new woe.

I love Juddd.

Beeb 03-30-2012 09:58 AM

Here are a couple of links that were me before JUDDD. Maybe these will help to explain, inspire and encourage! I know JUDDD changed my life and I'm a much HAPPY me because of it! :jumpjoy::D

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...verything.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...ong-story.html

sungoddess 03-30-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixin (Post 15540618)
So it used to be lonely in here... Wow, what a 360 then.

Yes, success combined with genuine support and enthusiasm seems to be the reason for the rapid influx.

Now the challenge will be to keep that personal encouragement and support for folk here even with the fast growing numbers. I hope that can remain somehow, it might be more challenging keeping up. We'll all chip in to help I'm sure.

That is my hope (my worry) as well. It can be hard to keep up. I also hope it doesn't start to break down into smaller collective groups on separate threads. I like where everyone can be a part of all threads. I truly love:love: the encouragement and support that people share on this thread.

I stopped posting for a long long time on the forum and just lurked because of snarky responses from people. I never see that here in JUDDD-land.

I do think it is helpful if new people read the key threads that people like Beeb and Sohappy and others have posted. The threads answer tons of questions and give a tremendous overview of this plan. I am grateful for the experts who give so freely of their time and knowledge.:heart:

Sheridan 03-30-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mimosa23 (Post 15540315)

I remember you and in fact had wondered about you awhile back when I was researching some specific perfume notes. Really happy for you that you've found a nice fella! :love:

Great folks on this forum, lots of good support and advice, glad you came over to the "dark side". :)

kimberino 03-30-2012 10:23 AM

I read for five hours last Saturday and the one thing that I noticed more than anything was the support, encouragement and KINDNESS here. I couldn't help myself - I needed it! Day 5 here and I think this is something I can stick with.

ellgee 03-30-2012 11:26 AM

I am new to JUDDD this go round but have done it a few times in the past and quit. When I decided to return, I came back to these boards and the happiness and positive posts I found here helped me to realize I made the right decision in coming "home" to JUDDD.

It was never a bad board but there's a just a different feel now. Me likey!

SoHappy 03-30-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimberino (Post 15540802)
I read for five hours last Saturday and the one thing that I noticed more than anything was the support, encouragement and KINDNESS here. I couldn't help myself - I needed it! Day 5 here and I think this is something I can stick with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellgee (Post 15540983)
I am new to JUDDD this go round but have done it a few times in the past and quit. When I decided to return, I came back to these boards and the happiness and positive posts I found here helped me to realize I made the right decision in coming "home" to JUDDD.

It was never a bad board but there's a just a different feel now. Me likey!

I just want to warmly welcome you ladies, and actually.. all that I have missed saying WELCOME to lately. I'm not spending quite as much time online these days, so I know I miss the arrival of some folks to our JUDDD forum and our JUDDD family, and I want you all to know how happy I am about you being with us here!

Warmest regards to you all, and wishes for your very great success!

:clap:

b_lou_who 03-30-2012 11:42 AM

This seriously is the best group of joyous, genuine, silly people losing their (minds?) fat and gaining in health and happiness.
Welcome all!!

Becky 03-30-2012 11:57 AM

I adore this board and WOE!! This is my 3rd DD, so far so good! I'm down at least 2lbs but Aunt Flo is here for a visit so I probably lost even more!

mykidsteacher 03-30-2012 02:47 PM

I only joined in Jan, but even since then, the rate of new starts has gone up like crazy.

New posts used to be about 1/2 of page one, now there are new posts that are already bumped to page 2.

It is harder to keep up with, but there are also more people to help with suggestions, support and jumpy happy guys. I don't think I've ever seen such a happy group of dieting people. LOL

Faithful_1 03-30-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InTheLight (Post 15540572)
For me, a lot of it has to do with the friendliness of everyone here (I have not heard one negative word, thought, nothing like that, and that's the kind of folk I like to hang around with!!) Also, just to be able to sit down with family, friends, coworkers, and to enjoy potatoes, bread, dessert, things you could never do with LC, it just makes you real happy and giddy, yipper!!!!!! :cool: :D :up: :D :clap: :kicking:

Lol, my thoughts exactly! :goodpost:

gotitnow 03-30-2012 03:35 PM

Simply stated. I lirked a while. Was not new to JUDDD. Had already lost most of my weight JUDDing. Finally started posting with such a wonderful support group. Am very close to goal. STILL get encouragement, ideas, laughter, compassion, and so much more, on a DAILY basis. That's why I came here and will stay as long a I feel welcome.:)

Phyl :heart:

SoHappy 03-30-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotitnow (Post 15541686)
Simply stated. I lirked a while. Was not new to JUDDD. Had already lost most of my weight JUDDing. Finally started posting with such a wonderful support group. Am very close to goal. STILL get encouragement, ideas, laughter, compassion, and so much more, on a DAILY basis. That's why I came here and will stay as long a I feel welcome.:)

Phyl :heart:

Yes, this has grown into a friendly and joyous and supportive and fun place, hasn't it?!!! :laugh:

If I've gone a few days without checking in here at the JUDDD forum, I can just feel it. :clap: I get a great deal of inspiration from just reading how well everyone is doing and also reading the happiness in their posts.

Very positive here now. I hope you will always feel welcome here! Because you certainly ARE! :hugs: :up:

SpaMom 03-30-2012 03:48 PM

Newbie here too, on my third DD, and finding it surprisingly easy.

I wouldn't be surprised if the influx is seasonal...spring has sprung and people are thinking about being outside and active....and wearing bathing suits. :-)

fixin 03-30-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15540730)
Here are a couple of links that were me before JUDDD. Maybe these will help to explain, inspire and encourage! I know JUDDD changed my life and I'm a much HAPPY me because of it! :jumpjoy::D

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...verything.html

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ma...ong-story.html

Beep, your post about your journey that I saw over at the main board was the final thing that convinced me to try implementing the Judd principles to help my husband's stalled weight loss. Thanks for that and all you've done here. Great recipes too.

Thanks to all the vets here for setting a positive, encouraging tone, no snarky posts to be seen at all and that truly is refreshing. It's a great, high standard for all us newbies to aspire to and keep up.

arkie1 03-30-2012 04:03 PM

I am still considered a "newbie" I'm sure...joined in February. So far, I have had great success, and give the credit to the people on this board for all the encouragement and happy posts. Such a friendly place to be. Don't know anyone on here personally, but feel like I've come home to a group of long, lost friends. THANK YOU JUDDD-BUDDDS! :heart::heart:
Carole

laranda 03-30-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arkie1 (Post 15541772)
I am still considered a "newbie" I'm sure...joined in February. So far, I have had great success, and give the credit to the people on this board for all the encouragement and happy posts. Such a friendly place to be. Don't know anyone on here personally, but feel like I've come home to a group of long, lost friends. THANK YOU JUDDD-BUDDDS! :heart::heart:
Carole

I whole heartedly reciprocate these feelings :heart:
I'm glad there are more people, I see lots of interesting questions being asked that I never really thought of :confused:.
:welcome: newbies!!!

heyjupiter 03-30-2012 10:05 PM

I agree, everyone here is so happy! You don't see that on other boards...

On LC my moods dipped quite low and my anxiety spiked. Who knew that there was some truth behind "Potatoes, not Prozac"!!