Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Howdy, y'all!

Newbie to JUDDD but obviously not an LCF newb.

I'm a proud Texan but was born in Missouri . . . the "Show Me" state. I've seen a lot of health and diet claims come and go and I view almost everything with a healthy dose of skepticism. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is... or there's a big catch. Yup, cynic I am.

But I've read Pat's (SoHappy) postings over the years (mainly on the Playground), and have come to believe she is well-educated, well-grounded and an overall real savvy gal on a lot of subjects and topics. I'd see her avatar with the pic of her - hands on hips and PROUD - and think, "GOOD for YOU, honey!" I knew she did JUDDD and I had a passing familiarity with it, but never ventured into this forum to research it further.

Until about 10 days ago.

A little background on me. I haven't always been fat, nor have I always had a struggle with my weight. I've gone up and down (especially as I aged), but I wasn't a fat child/teen/young adult. It's only been about the last ten years I've had a real problem with my weight. I just turned 57. I'm very small-boned and tall, and had an enviable figure for many years. Although I sometimes have a sweet tooth, I mostly naturally gravitated toward low/low-er carb choices for much of my life. And it served me well. I gained and lost following Dr. Atkins' plan a couple of times when I needed to lose. And there's the rub: "a couple of times". The thing that bummed me out was that I missed being able to "be NORMAL", partake in holiday celebrations, go out to eat and eat pizza AND the crust, or have a <gasp> sweet treat now and then. If I gave in and ate, I felt horribly guilty, which often then gave way to "You blew it, you might as well go all out." Rinse, repeat. And, I got fatter.

Last summer one of the gals on the Playground issued a challenge and I had had enough of dinking around with my weight, so joined in. It was not plan specific, mostly just encouragement and holding ourselves accountable. I followed along and got back in the "Atkins groove" and lost a little over 40 pounds. Pretty good, yes? I was happy and proud of myself and things were relatively easy... but boring as heck and I still did not feel I could truly enjoy myself when we went out to eat or had a special meal here at home. I fantasized about decadent desserts (and other forbidden stuff) and knew they'd throw me off my stride if I indulged even once. Despite so many creative recipes, I find most low carb 'faux' versions (of anything) to be very unsatisfying, almost taunting... I view most of them as wannabes. Ain't nothin' like the real thing, baby!

The holidays came along and I made a conscious decision to go off plan for a little while. The year prior I had been very strict with myself, very "virtuous" and never even tasted even one of the almost 1,800 cookies I had made for the cookie trays we deliver to friends and clients. Yes, that number is correct! But right after Christmas that year I developed a terrible upper respiratory infection that would not go away and was finally put on Prednisone. I gained and gained being on Prednisone and I was discouraged and gave up, gained all I'd lost and then some. So what did I really achieve by being 'virtuous' that Christmas, except cheat myself out of part of the celebration? Last Christmas I decided I *would* allow myself to have a few treats and celebrate more like others were. And that was a good decision for me. I gained a little back but I was OK with it because I was committed to getting right back on the bandwagon after my birthday in mid-January.

After my birthday I got back in the "groove" again with strict low-carbing after allowing myself lenience over the holidays. I'm usually a weekly weigher, and I'd lost a couple of pounds in January. Not earth-shaking, but I was OK with it.

February 3rd of this year we were totally flooded out of our home by a freak torrential rain storm that dumped almost 7" of (MUCH needed) rain in a 24 hour period. The flooding came in two waves, one in the early evening and another round at 3am. There was standing water in all corners of all of the rooms of the house, and from just the tiled kitchen and bathroom we wet-vacuumed up over 600 gallons of water; the other areas were wall-to-wall carpet and were so fully saturated that it splashed like a big puddle when walked on. We not only had to move to a new place but everything we were able to salvage had to be thoroughly cleaned before I'd allow it to be taken into our new home. We ate out every day pretty much out of necessity and I was in no mood what-so-ever to try and follow strict low carb (understatement!). My electronic scale was one of the casualties of the flood so I had no idea if I was gaining or maybe even losing. We physically worked very hard every day cleaning stuff from the flood and moving so my activity level was lots higher than normal, but we were eating out and I was eating what I wanted, so who knew?

About the time things were finally settling down for us I noticed Pat's avatar and "JUDDD" again, and I wandered over here and took a look. I saw some familiar faces and some new folks. It was not quite two weeks ago when I sat down and again read, really read - both here and elsewhere - about JUDDD and intermittent fasting. The more I read about the concept, the more it dawned on me that this way of eating was essentially what I'd done for a good portion of my (slim) life; if I wanted to celebrate or party or go out to eat, I did so without guilt but was "very careful" the next day. Like I said previously, for years and years I never had a weight problem and enjoyed good health, and while I might not have done the UD and DD's in strict sequence, it obviously worked out and seems very similar.

So a week ago on 3/22, I decided to give JUDDD a try. I'd been *very good* the day prior, eating strict low carb but the chocolate cream pie in the fridge had been calling my name for a couple of days and at 10pm, I caved. I enjoyed the piece of pie and decided right then and there that it was truly folly for me to try and think I'd ever be satisfied with any sort of substitute for chocolate cream pie... or anything else, for that matter. My first day on JUDDD was a DD, and I did fine.

In fact, this first full week has been more than fine, extremely easy for me to do. I'm not obsessed with food like I always am when low carbing, haven't had hunger I haven't been able to satisfy, have had LOTS of energy (have been putting in new landscaping and garden), have not felt bad even once, and that is contrary to my experiences in the past of getting back on the wagon after a 'flub' while doing strict low carb. I'm loving it, truly loving it. I don't expect my losses to continue to be so spectacular, but this is the easiest way to 'diet' for me, so when the loss slows down it'll be easy for me to stay the course. This just feels very "do-able" and "right" for me, long term.

I have Pat (SoHappy) to thank for being such a tireless promoter for JUDDD that I just had to research more and finally give it a go for myself. Keep on preachin' it, sister!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
to the JUDDD way of living, Sheridan! I just read your story and enjoyed it and getting to know you. I could relate to quite a bit of it, and you're right - there are just no substitutes for some of the joyful, tasty things we love! Hope to know more of you and you on in your successes and losses on JUDDD! KUTGW and enjoy, my JUDDD bud!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Sheridan,

I am so very pleased you decided to give JUDDD a try. This is an amazing plan, an amazing group of "losers" who will inspire you daily, and a WOE that is not only doable, but enjoyable and attainable for just about anyone who's willing to give it an honest try. I love JUDDD and this forum for all that it's done for me and countless others.

KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
Welcome! So glad you decided to join us. Having JUDDD work so beautifully is wonderful, but the support and encouragement from this group of folks is truly amazing. Can't wait to celebrate your losses with you!
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:11 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Thanks for the warm welcomes!
Old 03-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:52 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
WELCOME to JUDDD. I am a fellow Texan and if you are located in Aggieland I am quite close to you. Say 50 miles.
I am also loving JUDDD over doing LCLF which is how I lost my weight previously and kept it off for about 7 years. BUT I can't face that again and so I am JUDDDing and enjoying every minute of it.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:14 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
I'm sure you are going to juddd as I do!
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:27 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
Thanks for sharing your story!! So glad you are here!!
mattsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:33 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Welcome!!!! I think you will do just fine here!!!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:21 AM   #11

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10

What a super post, I love it when people share their experiences like that. What a terrible time you have had with the flood, I am so glad that it is behind you now and that you are busy relandscaping. Good for you.

And good for you for choosing JUDDD too.

This post, with its special mention of the wonderful Pat, (So Happy), comes at an opportune time.

There was brief, but painful, moment of bad feeling in some of the other threads yesterday,where it was suggested that JUDDD did not belong hereon LCF.

Well it not only belongs here, it is bringing weight loss and normality into so many lives. So thank you for becoming one of this growing number of friends. And thank you for noticing Pat's wonderful posts.

Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

Last edited by Kissa; 03-30-2012 at 05:22 AM..
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:41 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mttemple4

I just loved reading this this morning (while I had--I might add--a biscuit with my egg on an up day ).

Welcome, welcome!

I'm also very sorry to hear about your house. I was in a flash flood in New Orleans years ago and in a matter of minutes we lost our car. Filled up to the steering wheel twice and that was that. This was just months after my dad died--not the best year that one.

Hang in there and so excited to see you on the JUDDD path. May it bring you much success!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 08:03 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sungoddess
WOE: Perfect Health Diet/JUDDD
Start Date: LC;HCG; 1/19/12/JUDDD; 1/13/13 PHD/JUDDD
Sheridan,

Thanks for sharing your story. It is fun to get to know people a bit. Wishing you much success!!
sungoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:06 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
WELCOME to JUDDD. I am a fellow Texan and if you are located in Aggieland I am quite close to you. Say 50 miles.
I am also loving JUDDD over doing LCLF which is how I lost my weight previously and kept it off for about 7 years. BUT I can't face that again and so I am JUDDDing and enjoying every minute of it.
How neat! Nice to 'meet' you, and it would be fun to have a meet up sometime in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

What a super post, I love it when people share their experiences like that. What a terrible time you have had with the flood, I am so glad that it is behind you now and that you are busy relandscaping. Good for you.

This post, with its special mention of the wonderful Pat, (So Happy), comes at an opportune time.

There was brief, but painful, moment of bad feeling in some of the other threads yesterday,where it was suggested that JUDDD did not belong hereon LCF.

Well it not only belongs here, it is bringing weight loss and normality into so many lives. So thank you for becoming one of this growing number of friends. And thank you for noticing Pat's wonderful posts.

Thanks, Kissa. Pat is good people. I love gardening and this backyard was in need of some TLC and it's been getting it (in spades, LOL!) In many ways the flood, as awful as it was to deal with, has turned out to be a genuine blessing for us. We were really cramped in the old place, now have a much larger home with a fabulous backyard where I can dig in the dirt to my heart's content. I've not had a room I could turn into a studio for several years and now I do . . . our previously tiny kitchen has been replaced by our big country kitchen complete with a huge pantry, etc., etc. Most of the things that we lost due to the flood were things my husband and I had had 'marital discussions' (ahem) over getting rid of. We lost nothing that was irreplaceable or sentimental, so in all, I choose to look at the whole experience as a blessing in disguise. It sure didn't seem like that when it was occurring, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttemple4 View Post

I just loved reading this this morning (while I had--I might add--a biscuit with my egg on an up day ).

Welcome, welcome!

I'm also very sorry to hear about your house. I was in a flash flood in New Orleans years ago and in a matter of minutes we lost our car. Filled up to the steering wheel twice and that was that. This was just months after my dad died--not the best year that one.

Hang in there and so excited to see you on the JUDDD path. May it bring you much success!!!
And thank you, too! What an awful thing to have to deal with right after your dad died!

I had never been anywhere near flood waters and it was a very trying time, I still get a little antsy when it rains and rains and keeps raining even it's very unlikely our new place could flood.

Thanks again everyone for welcoming me into the group!
Old 03-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kimberino
Stats: 235/141 50 yo
WOE: Atkins/now JUDDD
Start Date: 3 '09 Atkins-3 '12 JUDDD
I'm a newbie too Sheridan, so looks like we'll be doing this together. I'm with you on the "faux" LC stuff. Not being such a great cook, some of the recipes for LC were more like science projects! Anyhoo, welcome and good luck!
kimberino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:33 AM   #16

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Woo Hoo, Sheridan!!! Welcome aboard! I know you are going to love it, and I know that you already know that too. I'm so excited for you.

Aggieland.. so Big 12. We're over here in Iowa Hawkeye Big 10 land, but are Iowa State Big 12 fans, so we take some teasing.

I loved reading your story. I feel like I got to know you so much better just in that single post. And now we are friends, among all of our friends here, and enjoy the sharing of our online lives as we lose the weight and maintain our losses on JUDDD.

And you're right about how nice it is to be able to include most anything in our diets as we choose to. I do get the idea that because we mention candy, or a lovely loaf of bread that we've brought home, sometimes *outsiders* get the impression that we eat mostly high carb foods, most of the time. And frankly, we don't. The vast majority of my foods are still those basics that I ate on low carb.. simply because they are.. the basics. You don't get much more basic than meat! LOL And the eggs and etc. etc.

And even Dr. Atkins had fully planned for us to be guided, step by step, back into the world of eating sensible carbs! That's why he gives us maintenance menus that include potato and whole grain bread, oranges and pasta, etc. LOL

I'm with you about the satisfaction of being able to eat pretty much everything, and my diet averages out at about a mid-range of carbs.. about at Dr. Atkins maintenance range, or a speck higher.

It's completely freeing to know that I'm not really on a *diet* anymore. No food lists to have to follow or to be forbidden from eating. Now I've just got on with the business of living my life. Glad you're joining us!

Old 03-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #17
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Sheridan: I loved reading your story! Thanks for taking the time to post it all.

So sorry about your home. Our previous home was flooded twice. It was a two story and we came downstairs one Easter morning to a "lake" covering the first floor, living room, dining room, kitchen and bath, about 7 inches of water.

I remember after we sucked out the water and mud and snakes...and Serve Pro came and pulled up all the carpet, just sitting on the stairs and crying my eyes out for about an hour that first time. Lotta stress involved, huh? Glad you got through it.

I'm like you in that when I started reading on the JUDD forum I just couldn't believe it, so I had to research IF and buy Johnson's book and overcome my disbelief at how something so simple could work and actually be good for me!!

I'm so glad I did. My relationship with food is completely changing. We celebrated a family birthday this week and I actually could eat the special meal DD prepared (chicken enchilada casserole) and I had birthday cake AND ice cream!

My DD about fell over when she asked the usual, "Mom, are you passing on the cake?" and I said, "Nope! I would love some with a scoop of that Cookies and Cream ice cream!"

I love my peaceful DDs where I seem to be super creative and tackle lots of organizational and decorating chores that I used to dread when doing VLC.

I love UDs when I can try new foods or indulge in things I missed for so long when I did not even allow myself complex carbs let alone sweet "treats."

Looks like your first week has been over the top amazing!!! I take it you bought a new digital scale??

KUTGW!! And I so look forward to reading more of your posts and sharing in the joy of your progress!

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:59 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Sheridan....YeeeeeeHaaaaaaaawwwww!!!!! How's that for WELCOME from another fellow Texan. Touched by your story. I can tell you are one that writes really interesting "reads", so I look forward to reading about your successes. There is NO DOUBT you will be. You are gonna love it here!

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #19

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Sheridan, we've hung out together on the playground for years. I'm glad you've found this WOE and it's working for you. This is an awesome group, no drama, lots of support! Very refreshing. I love these people here, they are amazing and I'm so glad you've joined us!
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberino View Post
I'm a newbie too Sheridan, so looks like we'll be doing this together. I'm with you on the "faux" LC stuff. Not being such a great cook, some of the recipes for LC were more like science projects! Anyhoo, welcome and good luck!
I really did laugh out loud reading that, and you're so right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Woo Hoo, Sheridan!!! Welcome aboard! I know you are going to love it, and I know that you already know that too. I'm so excited for you.

Aggieland.. so Big 12. We're over here in Iowa Hawkeye Big 10 land, but are Iowa State Big 12 fans, so we take some teasing.

I loved reading your story. I feel like I got to know you so much better just in that single post. And now we are friends, among all of our friends here, and enjoy the sharing of our online lives as we lose the weight and maintain our losses on JUDDD.

And you're right about how nice it is to be able to include most anything in our diets as we choose to. I do get the idea that because we mention candy, or a lovely loaf of bread that we've brought home, sometimes *outsiders* get the impression that we eat mostly high carb foods, most of the time. And frankly, we don't. The vast majority of my foods are still those basics that I ate on low carb.. simply because they are.. the basics. You don't get much more basic than meat! LOL And the eggs and etc. etc.

And even Dr. Atkins had fully planned for us to be guided, step by step, back into the world of eating sensible carbs! That's why he gives us maintenance menus that include potato and whole grain bread, oranges and pasta, etc. LOL

I'm with you about the satisfaction of being able to eat pretty much everything, and my diet averages out at about a mid-range of carbs.. about at Dr. Atkins maintenance range, or a speck higher.

It's completely freeing to know that I'm not really on a *diet* anymore. No food lists to have to follow or to be forbidden from eating. Now I've just got on with the business of living my life. Glad you're joining us!

Thanks for the welcome, Pat! I'm already enjoying myself and this rather familiar way of eating already. It's like getting back to the "old me", if that makes any sense to anyone. I feel very good physically and don't have my head 'tied up' with constant thoughts of food or if/when I'm going to flub this or get bored with it like I have in the past with other "diets"; it's quite a liberating feeling, actually. JUDDD so far just seems like "coming home" to my old, slim, happy self, and I'm looking forward to the journey with everyone here. Thank you again for beating the JUDDD drum!

Alas, the Aggies recently jumped the Big 12 ship and will now be playing in the SEC. Big boo-hoo for me because I've always followed the Big 12 (heck, the Big 8 way back when).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Sheridan: I loved reading your story! Thanks for taking the time to post it all.

So sorry about your home. Our previous home was flooded twice. It was a two story and we came downstairs one Easter morning to a "lake" covering the first floor, living room, dining room, kitchen and bath, about 7 inches of water.

I remember after we sucked out the water and mud and snakes...and Serve Pro came and pulled up all the carpet, just sitting on the stairs and crying my eyes out for about an hour that first time. Lotta stress involved, huh? Glad you got through it.

I'm like you in that when I started reading on the JUDD forum I just couldn't believe it, so I had to research IF and buy Johnson's book and overcome my disbelief at how something so simple could work and actually be good for me!!

I'm so glad I did. My relationship with food is completely changing. We celebrated a family birthday this week and I actually could eat the special meal DD prepared (chicken enchilada casserole) and I had birthday cake AND ice cream!

My DD about fell over when she asked the usual, "Mom, are you passing on the cake?" and I said, "Nope! I would love some with a scoop of that Cookies and Cream ice cream!"

I love my peaceful DDs where I seem to be super creative and tackle lots of organizational and decorating chores that I used to dread when doing VLC.

I love UDs when I can try new foods or indulge in things I missed for so long when I did not even allow myself complex carbs let alone sweet "treats."

Looks like your first week has been over the top amazing!!! I take it you bought a new digital scale??

KUTGW!! And I so look forward to reading more of your posts and sharing in the joy of your progress!
YIKES, I'm not sure if I could have dealt with . . . snakes in a flooded house!

And yes, I've got a new digital scale and one I can read easier.

The getting back to a more normal relationship with food is something I'm already really liking - a LOT. My natural inclination is to eat pretty healthy and not go overboard on any one group but it's nice to be able to go ahead and make my husband's favorite stuff AND be able to enjoy it with him and not feel guilty because I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Sheridan....YeeeeeeHaaaaaaaawwwww!!!!! How's that for WELCOME from another fellow Texan. Touched by your story. I can tell you are one that writes really interesting "reads", so I look forward to reading about your successes. There is NO DOUBT you will be. You are gonna love it here!

Phyl
I love it, Phyl! YeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwww right backatcha!

I tend to post in fits and starts but sometimes can get <ahem> a tad bit 'windy'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Sheridan, we've hung out together on the playground for years. I'm glad you've found this WOE and it's working for you. This is an awesome group, no drama, lots of support! Very refreshing. I love these people here, they are amazing and I'm so glad you've joined us!
Aw Luna, I'm really glad I joined y'all, too. You are one of the ones who really piqued my interest in this. Very happy to be posting with you and all the others, just seems like such a great group!

Thanks again for the warm welcomes, everyone.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:29 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: buttoni
Stats: 196/170/150
WOE: Atkins Start 4/09
Start Date: 4/21/09 Height 5'5", Age 64
Welcome Sheridan. I just started 6 days ago doing JUDDD. I live in Temple, so I'm not too far from you either! Like you, I never had to worry about my weight until I turned 30 and then I gained steadily until I hit 196. Decided I needed to do something to stop the trend, so I started Atkins 3 years ago. But stalled out forever after losing about 25#. Finally decided to give JUDDD a try with an Atkins low-carb twist if I can. Lost 5# already, so I'm optimistic I can get the last 20# off now.
Good luck to you on your JUDDD venture.
buttoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey there, buttoni! Good to have another newbie JUDDD BUDD! Before we moved to CS, for many years we lived out in the sticks about 30 miles west of Temple. I really liked the town!

Last edited by Sheridan; 03-30-2012 at 07:47 PM..
Old 03-31-2012, 09:09 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I just wanted to send out another welcome from a fellow Texan. I'm very near Ft. Worth. You're going to LOVE JUDDD!

theredhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Just a quick update. . .

Today marks the third week I've changed my way of living/eating. I started JUDDDing March 22. To my great surprise (understatement!), I've lost 16 pounds! What's more, and also very surprising is that it has been quite easy and I FEEL *GOOD*. All over good - physically, mentally and emotionally. I'm not crabby like I can be while on other diets, my energy is through the roof and I'm not preoccupied with food or my next food choice.

This is the best thing I've done for myself in such a long time!

Thank you, all of you tireless JUDDD promoters, and a special thanks to Pat ("SoHappy"). I'm naturally skeptical and wary of lots of things, but when I kept seeing people I've come to 'know' and respect highly praise this way of living, I had to see for myself. I'm so glad I did!
Old 04-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #25

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Sheridan, that's AMAZING!!! Wonderful, fantastic, I can't think of enough adjectives! Great job!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Wow Awsome job!! And im sooo happy your hear!!!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:58 AM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Sheridan!!! Major happy dances!!! and BIG and Congrats!!! Wow, -16 in 3 weeks is fabulous-OH! so cool! So great! Can't stop smiling for you right now!:jumpjo y:
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
to the JUDDD family! I'm so excited for your losses - 16 lbs in 3 weeks?!?! AMAZING!!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
Start Date: 8/18/14
Wow, so happy for your loss!! Only when "dieting" can one say that. I'm in Texas, too, maybe we should all meet and have one of them thar bar-bee-cues.
vanilla_latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

ya its tough when i look in the other fourms and see that we are the black sheep.. But im lovin my new slimmer coat of wool!!
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote