Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CaTriGirl
WOE: hhcg
What a wonderful testimony! Thanks for sharing! So glad JUDDD has changed your life.
CaTriGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2012, 03:05 AM   #62
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
I re-visiting your journey!!! Thank YOU!

Now, start proofing some pizza dough and go buy yourself a pair of pants.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:35 AM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Sheridan, you have made my day.

First of all I can't believe that you only started this 3 months ago. You seem like a lifetime friend to me. You have been not only an incredibly successful JUDDD BUDDD but also one of the great cheerleaders and comforters here.

for Sheridan.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #64
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
WOE: JUDDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlc View Post
Sheridan, I just read your story on the first and last posts of this thread. I've "seen" you on other threads over the months. You've been through a lot!!! I'm happy for you that you're doing so great with this WOE and wish you all the best in your JUDDD journey!
Thanks so much for your kind words, Shirl!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Jenny, NO one is more surprised than I am. It's like my body was craving this way of eating and once I started back it has responded like gangbusters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
You are freaking fantabulously ridiculously amazing! on!
Dawn, you know that I think you're pretty freakin' fabulous, yourself!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaTriGirl View Post
What a wonderful testimony! Thanks for sharing! So glad JUDDD has changed your life.
CaTriGirl, thank you! Believe it or not, I'm pretty quiet in "real life" and it's kind of hard for me to talk about myself, especially draw attention to myself. But testimonies in general are important. Even though sometimes it seems so, we really aren't alone in this life and we all struggle with something. If we can help someone by sharing our experiences, I think we are obliged to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
I re-visiting your journey!!! Thank YOU!

Now, start proofing some pizza dough and go buy yourself a pair of pants.
Nancy, hmmmm... pizza sounds good, real good! And it's not supposed to be so flippin' hot tomorrow, either, so I think I will make up a batch of dough for tomorrow's UD.

Yep, I need more pants, so I'm making a trip to the thrift shop very soon. AND... I'm going to go to the mall and try on some shoes, specifically, HIGH HEELS! Do you know how long it's been since I've really been able to wear anything with a real heel? A long, long time! Not only did I not feel attractive enough to wear them and most of my outfits had been more suited for a lower heel, my arthritis was so bad it would have been very stupid on my part to even think of it. That has all changed! For the first time in a long time I'm going to go "shoe shopping" and spend some time trying them on, walking around in them, etc. I used to have to dress very well for work and had a lot of heels (understatement), and don't really have a need for a bunch of them now, but I do need (want) at least one pair of nice pumps for when I have occasion to really dress. Heck, even if I just parade around the house in them just because I *can, I would like to have a pair. I'm picky about shoes, though, so I'll probably take my time looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Sheridan, you have made my day.

First of all I can't believe that you only started this 3 months ago. You seem like a lifetime friend to me. You have been not only an incredibly successful JUDDD BUDDD but also one of the great cheerleaders and comforters here.

for Sheridan.
Cindy, what a very sweet thing to say and sweeter to hear, thank you. It seems like I've been here for forever to me, as well. Like I've always been here, and that I've always known y'all, too. It's more than just being focused on the ups and downs of the scale, this bunch is so much more than that. There is real heart here, and it comes across in so many ways.

Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Sheridan: I was so thrilled to read your update. 50 pounds gone!!! Amazing!! Enjoy those new heels!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sterlinggirl
Stats: 225/166/165 47 5'9
WOE: JUDDD FOR LIFE!
Start Date: Jan 2012. Name Kimberly
Soo very very happy for you lov.. and proud of what you have done~ 50 pounds holy moley~
sterlinggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #67
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Wowwww is right, Sheridan! Congrats on major loss in so little time!! WTG, my bud! Loved re-reading your post from before too.

And I agree it seems like you've been with us so much longer!

You are a high-ranking Grandmaster Loser of the First Order!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #68

SHOES......with heels, we are twins, separated at birth. Oh high-ranking Grandamaster Loser of the First Order.

Last edited by Kissa; 07-16-2012 at 01:00 PM..
Old 07-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Babsbabs
Stats: HW203 SW163.8/151/145
Start Date: March 2012
Glad you found your way home! JUDDD definitely agrees with you! I Love following your progress!
Babsbabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
SHOES......with heels, we are twins, separated at birth. Oh high -ranking Grandamaster Loser of the First Order.
LOVE to read this! Sheridan, You are one of the people that I refer others to when trying to explain how amazing this plan is! Thank you so much for keeping all JUDDD budds motivated.

I can't wait to see the pic of your new heels.

OT~ Kissa your new profile pic is adorable!

Last edited by sunday; 07-16-2012 at 12:58 PM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:02 PM   #71

Thanks Sunday, it is there as a warning against UUADs. I love them.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:31 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
I have enjoyed reading this thread-glad you updated it, Sheridan! And on your loss. Great!!

I copied your recipe for pizza crust. I also am always on the lookout for a good pizza crust recipe, and will try this first chance I get. Normally, the fat in a crust is olive oil; you found the Crisco or lard to work better? I imagine your first choice is lard?
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:43 PM   #73

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Sheridan!!

How awesome to read this post!!!!! 50 pounds? You should be the poster child for JUDDD, darling! What amazing losses you have had. What a role model. Wow.

Thanks for updating this post and letting us all know so we can celebrate this very big milestone with you.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:03 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
This is a ridiculously amazing update! 50 pounds!!! Holy smokes, WTG! You are rockin' the JUDDD life for sure and for certain.

And I agree that it seems like you've been here for longer. You will be rolling to goal in no time at all, and we will be here to cheer you across the finish line and welcome you to maintenance.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #75
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Wowwww is right, Sheridan! Congrats on major loss in so little time!! WTG, my bud! Loved re-reading your post from before too.

And I agree it seems like you've been with us so much longer!

You are a high-ranking Grandmaster Loser of the First Order!
LOL! If that honor comes w/ one of those fancy-schmantzy hats, it'll need to be an XXL, because y'all have given me such a big head!

Quote:
SHOES......with heels, we are twins, separated at birth. Oh high-ranking Grandamaster Loser of the First Order.
I just knew there had to be another reason I liked you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babsbabs View Post
Glad you found your way home! JUDDD definitely agrees with you! I Love following your progress!
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
LOVE to read this! Sheridan, You are one of the people that I refer others to when trying to explain how amazing this plan is! Thank you so much for keeping all JUDDD budds motivated.

I can't wait to see the pic of your new heels.

OT~ Kissa your new profile pic is adorable!
Sunday, I have more often been the "bad example" than not, so this is new territory for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
I have enjoyed reading this thread-glad you updated it, Sheridan! And on your loss. Great!!

I copied your recipe for pizza crust. I also am always on the lookout for a good pizza crust recipe, and will try this first chance I get. Normally, the fat in a crust is olive oil; you found the Crisco or lard to work better? I imagine your first choice is lard?
My first choice is lard, but Crisco does work fine. The key to this recipe is to not give up, it really looks like a big raggy pile of nothin' for quite a while, but it finally does come together. And remember to make it 24 hours before. Like I told Nancy, it took me several times before I really was happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Loca View Post
Sheridan!!

How awesome to read this post!!!!! 50 pounds? You should be the poster child for JUDDD, darling! What amazing losses you have had. What a role model. Wow.

Thanks for updating this post and letting us all know so we can celebrate this very big milestone with you.
Luna, you and Pat were the chief instigators of luring me over here, and I will be forever grateful that you did. I really mean that.

I do know I will champion the JUDDD lifestyle forever, and will fully support and cheer on anyone who wants to do it. It is the single best thing I've ever done for myself. If I can encourage or help someone else, I'm all for it.

I wish I had a decent "before" pic to put up, but I don't. I mentioned on a thread Yam-Yam put up today that when I got fat, I took on the role of photographer and tried my best to avoid the camera. When someone did catch me, I'd crop myself out. I've never been photogenic and coupled with the massive gain... it was too much.

But, I am due for a haircut, and as soon as my hairdresser gets back in town and I can get in to see her, I'll have my DH take a couple of pics. I still have a ways to go, but I'm not dreading the thought like I used to.

We have a very special group, and I hope anyone who reads here realizes that. VERY special! Y'all are very, very dear to me. You've given me so much encouragement, given me things to consider, and have helped me so much! Thank you!!
Old 07-16-2012, 05:28 PM   #76
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsteacher View Post
This is a ridiculously amazing update! 50 pounds!!! Holy smokes, WTG! You are rockin' the JUDDD life for sure and for certain.

And I agree that it seems like you've been here for longer. You will be rolling to goal in no time at all, and we will be here to cheer you across the finish line and welcome you to maintenance.
Tiny Tina I will be so thrilled to be able to join you and all the others in maintenance! I know I'll have lots to learn, but also know y'all are Champion Maintainers and are patient teachers. I'm really looking forward to it!
Old 07-16-2012, 06:18 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: stephdray
Stats: 290/248/250
WOE: Moderate Carb JUDDD (Lost first 4 lbs on WW)
Start Date: 7/4/2012 -- 42 lbs lost total
Wow

You're an inspiration to newbies like me! 50lbs in 4 months. How wonderful. Just amazing!
stephdray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephdray View Post
You're an inspiration to newbies like me! 50lbs in 4 months. How wonderful. Just amazing!
Stephanie, I've been quietly reading your threads, watching as you "get your head around" all of this. Talking yourself into it, kinda-sorta talking yourself out of it, pleased, not pleased with some aspects, etc., etc. I 'get' that because I tend to go through the same process with many things myself. A true skeptic by nature, it's essential that I sell myself. I've watched as you've overcome your own objections and have seen that you understand the value in this. I saw your recent post where you broadly hint at your progress. You've finally bought in, haven't you? Good for you! That is so very essential to success.

Watching you go through the process, there is honestly no doubt in my mind you're going to do exceedingly well with this. None, whatsoever. Sure, there will be bumps and forks in the road - just like there are for everyone (including me) - but you will learn to navigate them and continue on.

Don't gauge your progress or satisfaction with this plan on the success of anyone other than yourself. That's something that's really difficult for almost all of us. When we see someone else achieving results we so deeply crave, it can be a stumbling-block of our own making if we think it is "the norm" and become discouraged or disappointed in the progress that we do make. We all have different sets of challenges we must find ways around. And, you will.

My best to you! I want people to succeed, and I will help you or anyone else in any way I'm able.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Stephanie, I've been quietly reading your threads, watching as you "get your head around" all of this. Talking yourself into it, kinda-sorta talking yourself out of it, pleased, not pleased with some aspects, etc., etc. I 'get' that because I tend to go through the same process with many things myself. A true skeptic by nature, it's essential that I sell myself. I've watched as you've overcome your own objections and have seen that you understand the value in this. I saw your recent post where you broadly hint at your progress. You've finally bought in, haven't you? Good for you! That is so very essential to success.

Watching you go through the process, there is honestly no doubt in my mind you're going to do exceedingly well with this. None, whatsoever. Sure, there will be bumps and forks in the road - just like there are for everyone (including me) - but you will learn to navigate them and continue on.

Don't gauge your progress or satisfaction with this plan on the success of anyone other than yourself. That's something that's really difficult for almost all of us. When we see someone else achieving results we so deeply crave, it can be a stumbling-block of our own making if we think it is "the norm" and become discouraged or disappointed in the progress that we do make. We all have different sets of challenges we must find ways around. And, you will.

My best to you! I want people to succeed, and I will help you or anyone else in any way I'm able.
I support this message. I just want to add that Sheridan is an old timer and has lots of expertise in healthy weight loss. I may not have the losses that Sheridan has, but I believe and celebrate her success and can't help but believe that this is meant to be experienced by all! It is true that we are all different (thank goodness) so we will lose differently, but just want to embrace her message! Thank you Sheridan!

Last edited by sunday; 07-16-2012 at 08:14 PM..
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:37 AM   #80
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 Trying again...223/211/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Wow! Great story Sheridan. Congratulations on the fab-u-lous losses.
GME is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you, Gina!
Old 07-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Sheridan I've been baking bread for 40 years-including one that begins "first grow your yeast" so I am not intimidated. If I can get some nice fresh lard, that is what I will use!
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote